What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best concert closing song (1 Viewer)

Ledbetter is a phenomenal concert closer

-It's a slower paced song, which I think is the key to concert closers...after 2 plus hours and a band closes with something just absolutely rocking it always feels like there should be another song after it

-It closes with a kick ### (but melodic and slow) guitar solo that allows McCready to just go off and improvise and the entire crowd can focus on that

-Pretty much the entire crowd knows the song and is singing along
Meh - I can listen to ballads on the way home. I want to walk out of the amphitheater with my face melting after a high energy song. I love it when Dave ends with Two Step (or Ants, or Warehouse, or Watchtower) and MMJ ending with Holiday is about as good as it gets. IMO there is nothing that can touch Big Red putting fools in the freezer with a

closer. 20k people jumping for 2-3 minutes before walking out of the arena is why we pay to see live music.

-It's a slower paced song, which I think is the key to concert closers...after 2 plus hours and a band closes with something just absolutely rocking it always feels like there should be another song after it

-It closes with a kick ### (but melodic and slow) guitar solo that allows McCready to just go off and improvise and the entire crowd can focus on that

Meh - I can listen to ballads on the way home. I want to walk out of the amphitheater with my face melting after a high energy song. I love it when Dave ends with Two Step (or Ants, or Warehouse, or Watchtower) and MMJ ending with Holiday is about as good as it gets. IMO there is nothing that can touch Big Red putting fools in the freezer with a

:thumbup: A closing song is supposed to be rocking

Phish - Loving Cup

Honorable mention:

Black Crowes - Remedy

Phish - Good Time Bad Times

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah, obviously it's a personal preference. A PJ concert to me just feels right when they close with Ledbetter :shrug:

Another vote for Pennywise--Bro hymn.

Please listen to this song. A tribute to a dead friend with the entire crowd singing along with the band letting people up on stage almost every time they sing it.

'NutterButter said:
Can't go wrong either place as they'll definitely jam it out with a sick Carter solo thrown in there.
You seem like a big DMB fan NB. I used to be, but had a horrible experience a couple years ago and have sworn them off. $150 for decent seats, and THIS is the setlist I get?
Funny The Way It Is Spaceman Don't Drink the Water Proudest Monkey Satellite Shake Me Like A Monkey Lying In The Hands Of God Seven Crash Into Me You Might Die Trying Why I Am Lie In Our Graves Squirm Alligator Pie You And Me Jimi Thing E: Baby Blue E: Grey Street E: Time BombBig Whiskey and the GrooGrux King (58%)
11 of the 19 songs were from the just released new album?!? 2 of the 3 encore songs, including the finale, were new? That's HORSE####. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

'NutterButter said:
Can't go wrong either place as they'll definitely jam it out with a sick Carter solo thrown in there.
You seem like a big DMB fan NB. I used to be, but had a horrible experience a couple years ago and have sworn them off. $150 for decent seats, and THIS is the setlist I get?
Funny The Way It Is

Spaceman

Don't Drink the Water

Proudest Monkey

Satellite

Shake Me Like A Monkey

Lying In The Hands Of God

Seven

Crash Into Me

You Might Die Trying

Why I Am

Lie In Our Graves

Squirm

Alligator Pie

You And Me

Jimi Thing

E: Baby Blue

E: Grey Street

E: Time Bomb

Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King (58%)
11 of the 19 songs were from the just released new album?!? 2 of the 3 encore songs, including the finale, were new? That's HORSE####. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I used to be a huge fan. 10-15 shows every tour. Flew out to see them at the Gorge and Red Rocks. Their stuff doesn't have the same feel to it as it used to. The last great album they did was the leaked one (lillywhite sessions). That eventually got released under a different title, but most of the songs lost that rawer passion they originally had and which all their stuff prior to that had. Their stuff now is still enjoyable, but I'm not nearly as excited about it. That is a pretty rough setlist. This one looks insane. You can't get much better then that start. I'm going to have to download that.

Best opening duo was Rolling Stones Tattoo You tour - opened with Start Me Up, followed by Lets Spend the Night Together

You have until 3 PM ET and then the cool points go out the window as I give you all the correct answer.
this better be good EG or we'll mock you worse than HUCKSy after a P10/12 conference of douchery rant
1. It's a great song by an all-time great band.2. It can't be placed anywhere in the set but at the end, ever. Under any circumstances. Maybe the only song about which you can say this so definitively.3. Theatrically, musically, and in terms of energy, it ends a show better than any song ever.

You have until 3 PM ET and then the cool points go out the window as I give you all the correct answer.
this better be good EG or we'll mock you worse than HUCKSy after a P10/12 conference of douchery rant
1. It's a great song by an all-time great band.2. It can't be placed anywhere in the set but at the end, ever. Under any circumstances. Maybe the only song about which you can say this so definitively.3. Theatrically, musically, and in terms of energy, it ends a show better than any song ever.
Agreed. Tweeprise is the answer. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread