What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Fantasy Football Site (1 Viewer)

djbolton

Footballguy
I am hoping this is the correct forum for this question. For five years now my buddies and I's league has been with ESPN, but this season we have had a ton of technical issues. What are people's opinions on the best league sites? Yahoo, FoxSports, CBS, etc? We are going to change for next season, so I wanted some feedback, as none of us have ever used a site outside of ESPN.

haven't had any technical issues with ESPN this year and my two leagues, IMO its the best free site for fantasy leagues. I can tell you the NFL.com user interface is terrible and I would not recommend them. they ahve some cool features but for the most part the UI is a complete disaster

newspaper, pencil, paper, calculator (if you don't have a math degree like some of us champions of life)

Have used Yahoo for over 8 years. Have not had any major issues with them, and they work to enhance the offerings every year.

I've always been partial to Yahoo. I don't mind ESPN, but they haven't updated their UI in years. In fact, on the Legaue Office page is still has a picture of Michael Turner lol. I also don't like their layout on the team pages either. I like being able to look at stats and fantasy points on the same page, not seperate. Plus their Android app is crap compared to Yahoo's.

Myfantasyleague is far and away the best if you like customization, reliability, and great support. They charge a fee though, which may be a killer in leagues that are just for fun or for a small amount of money.

While I only play on MFL leagues now, I've always had a good experience when I've used Yahoo for standard redraft leagues with friends.

FleaFlicker is a decent free alternative for dynasty if you don't want to shell out the money for MFL.

I play in two local leagues every year. One has been using Yahoo for the last 10 or so years. The other has been using MFL for five years, maybe.

I cringe each time I have to go over to MFL and tinker around.

Best free is Yahoo. My only issue with them is they shut leagues down for months and that's unacceptable. I believe ESPN does the same (it's been a long time since I used them and hated their interface) so that part probably doesn't matter for you. I only used NFL.com once and - like their entire website - hate it. They just want to bomb you with content (especially video) and didn't let you get around it. The draft rooms were a nightmare and UI sucked. That one has been a few years, too, though.

Pay sites:

CBS is the best. I say that as a guy who liked them for a long time then started to loath all the "upgrades" they were making. I was begging leagues to get off CBS over the last 3 years b/c it was getting worse and worse but this year they seem to have settled into a nice landing page. I still don't love it, as it seems more like a blog than a fantasy league page, but there were quite a few excellent additions this year. They are far cleaner and much more up to date compared to MFL, which is still rocking a UI from a decade ago, at best. It is way more expensive, though, ringing in at $150 or more. Their mobile app is excellent. CBS also bombs you with ads. Prepare to be inundated by snickers and subway ads. One thing I still absolutely hate about CBS - unless you are the commish they won't even bother to communicate with you. Any issues with a league must go through the commish, which is tremendously obnoxious. Somehow my $150+ doesn't entitle me to even speak to a customer service rep and my commissioner needs to get involved if I have an issue with the site, settings, or any other thing that may come up.

MFL - I really like the ability to customize the look of pages/tabs. It allows you to control the info you see and feel is most important. I have found that, unless you want to run your league based on their expected settings (waivers & blind bidding, especially), you will find it to be difficult. Their customer service reps will be there for you every time, but the answer may be simply "we don't do it that way" which seems to be indicative of their biggest problem. That problem is a clear abandonment of their product when it comes to upgrades and improvements. You pay for the software someone put together nearly 20 year ago and you'll never see it get better. I've only been on MFL for 2 years and as I get deeper into everything they offer and all the menu options, I find more and more little things that are either poorly labeled or handled in an odd / less than intuitive manner.

TLDR:

If you refuse to pay and/or don't care about or pay attention to your fantasy team/league for a few months (when yahoo will shut you down anyway) then go with Yahoo.

If you want customization and control with no frills at a reasonable cost go with MFL.

If you want a super clean, always upgraded site with a much better live scoring page, go with CBS.

Last edited by a moderator:
haven't had any technical issues with ESPN this year and my two leagues, IMO its the best free site for fantasy leagues. I can tell you the NFL.com user interface is terrible and I would not recommend them. they ahve some cool features but for the most part the UI is a complete disaster
:goodposting: Have 2 leagues at ESPN that have been together for over 10 years now.

I've had leagues at MFL, CBS and NFL and yet still find myself back at ESPN as my favorite. :shrug:

good heavens, NFL.com might be one of the worst sites I have ever used for a league. I would never, ever use NFL.com. That said, like you, I haven't run into any technical issues with ESPN. The android app is a bit touch and go, but it has gotten noticeably better as the season has gone on. For completely free, I can't see how you could ever do better than ESPN, personally...and I agree with your opinion, as I share it.

That said, MyFantasyLeague.com is extremely affordable, and their options for customization are truly impressive. IF my league was ever willing to pay for a hosting site, that would be the choice.

General consensus seems to be MyFantasyLeague MFL.
:shrug: a lot of complaints about MFL around here in the last year or two.
I like MFL but it isn't living up to the tremendous support it gets. It's unfortunate. It really could be the clear cut best out there but it is running on a platform that is a dinosaur. It was built in the "early 1990s" per the "About Us" page and it hasn't changed since. Websites should be upgraded to keep up with recent advances in technology and MFL is not.

MFL - I really like the ability to customize the look of pages/tabs. It allows you to control the info you see and feel is most important. I have found that, unless you want to run your league based on their expected settings (waivers & blind bidding, especially), you will find it to be difficult. Their customer service reps will be there for you every time, but the answer may be simply "we don't do it that way" which seems to be indicative of their biggest problem. That problem is a clear abandonment of their product when it comes to upgrades and improvements. You pay for the software someone put together nearly 20 year ago and you'll never see it get better. I've only been on MFL for 2 years and as I get deeper into everything they offer and all the menu options, I find more and more little things that are either poorly labeled or handled in an odd / less than intuitive manner.
I don't find this to be true at all. It's very easy to set up and use.

Unless you need one of the more esoteric settings only available on MFL, Fleaflicker is the way to go. Totally free, very customizable (not as much as MFL, but way more than Yahoo/ESPN/NFL), open year-round, and it has the best interface. Even if MFL was free, I'd still prefer Fleaflicker (unless, as I said, I was in a league with bizarre rules that only MFL could handle).

MFL is the only way to go.

ESPN is fine if you need it to be free and don't want any real options.

CBS is a band of thieves.

Fun Fact:

About two years ago, can't remember exactly now, I was asked to go downtown Milwaukee to do jury duty. Never got called as a juror but one case I was questioned in had to do with MFL. Something to do with the owners and a split or some such and one previous owner/creator was mad or something like that. Lawyers asked if anyone knew what MFL was and I was the only person to raise my hand and tell them I had been using it for some time.

Don't know what the result of the case was or anything like that but MFL is a Wisconsin based company :)

Unless you need one of the more esoteric settings only available on MFL, Fleaflicker is the way to go. Totally free, very customizable (not as much as MFL, but way more than Yahoo/ESPN/NFL), open year-round, and it has the best interface. Even if MFL was free, I'd still prefer Fleaflicker (unless, as I said, I was in a league with bizarre rules that only MFL could handle).
I'm glad someone posted about Fleaflicker. I'm not sure I ever looked closely at the site, but it is incredibly clean, and the fact that they don't close up shop (or your league) is a really wonderful thing. Not only is it clean, it is incredibly easy to follow. So clean, ESPN might actually retain more information from year to year. That said, I'm interested to know more about its customizable aspects. I do like that it retains some basic information from year to year.

For leagues that value the historical aspect, MFL might be the best that I've seen, though they depend on a 3rd party website to do it. ESPN is ok, but you have to copy the information/stats that you want which is time consuming. Fleaflicker doesn't seem to have a whole lot, but I'll have to look around more at how detailed their stat keeping is. While CBS is not anywhere near the money they charge, the fact that they allow you to export stats to Excel is incredibly valuable for historical data for a league.

I'm on mfl. It's nothing special. Very customizeable which is good. But the UI is literally archaic...like it looks and feels as if you are on a website that was just made in the 90s when the internet first started to become a thing.

I'm really not that into it.

Yahoo is great. Esp for a free site. Their stat tracker is awesome.

I've always been partial to Yahoo. I don't mind ESPN, but they haven't updated their UI in years. In fact, on the Legaue Office page is still has a picture of Michael Turner lol. I also don't like their layout on the team pages either. I like being able to look at stats and fantasy points on the same page, not seperate. Plus their Android app is crap compared to Yahoo's.
ESPN's web page is definitely a relic, but they updated the app this year so it's not bad. I much prefer it to Yahoo's actually. At least on iOS. The Yahoo app is missing basic features like seeing recent transactions and its hard to follow a specific (real) game play-by-play.That said, from a web browser Yahoo is far more advanced and useful than ESPN's offering.

To the OP -- what technical problems? I'm playing in both Yahoo and ESPN this year and both have had issues with their live scoring but that is about it

I'm glad someone posted about Fleaflicker. I'm not sure I ever looked closely at the site, but it is incredibly clean, and the fact that they don't close up shop (or your league) is a really wonderful thing. Not only is it clean, it is incredibly easy to follow. So clean, ESPN might actually retain more information from year to year. That said, I'm interested to know more about its customizable aspects. I do like that it retains some basic information from year to year.

For leagues that value the historical aspect, MFL might be the best that I've seen, though they depend on a 3rd party website to do it. ESPN is ok, but you have to copy the information/stats that you want which is time consuming. Fleaflicker doesn't seem to have a whole lot, but I'll have to look around more at how detailed their stat keeping is. While CBS is not anywhere near the money they charge, the fact that they allow you to export stats to Excel is incredibly valuable for historical data for a league.
Fleaflicker saves incredibly detailed historical data. In my oldest league, I can tell you exactly what my 30-man roster looked like in week 4 of the 2008 season, who I started (Roethlisberger, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Perry, Fitzgerald, Lee Evans, Reggie Williams, Kellen Winslow, Panthers D/ST), who was on my bench and why (Brian Westbrook was questionable with an ankle injury that week), and what the result was (I won 110.1 to 108.4). I can tell you I had the first or second highest score five times that season, and that my final record was 1.2 games worse than it should have been based on my all-play record. I can tell you exactly how many trades I've made in that league's history (23), how many waiver claims I've made (25), and how many free agents I've added (102). I can tell you the full history of every single player. For instance, the Saints defense was drafted in the initial startup in 2007, cut and added in week 1 of 2008, cut in week 1 of 2009, claimed in week 3 of 2009, cut in week 16 of 2011, added in week 1 of 2012, cut in week 3 of 2012, and added again in week 11 of 2012.

I literally cannot think of a single thing that I would like to know about my league's history that I cannot quickly and easily look up on Fleaflicker. I don't know about exporting historical stats to Excel, because I've never tried, but they keep records of everything.

Fleaflicker saves incredibly detailed historical data. In my oldest league, I can tell you exactly what my 30-man roster looked like in week 4 of the 2008 season, who I started (Roethlisberger, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Perry, Fitzgerald, Lee Evans, Reggie Williams, Kellen Winslow, Panthers D/ST), who was on my bench and why (Brian Westbrook was questionable with an ankle injury that week), and what the result was (I won 110.1 to 108.4). I can tell you I had the first or second highest score five times that season, and that my final record was 1.2 games worse than it should have been based on my all-play record. I can tell you exactly how many trades I've made in that league's history (23), how many waiver claims I've made (25), and how many free agents I've added (102). I can tell you the full history of every single player. For instance, the Saints defense was drafted in the initial startup in 2007, cut and added in week 1 of 2008, cut in week 1 of 2009, claimed in week 3 of 2009, cut in week 16 of 2011, added in week 1 of 2012, cut in week 3 of 2012, and added again in week 11 of 2012.
Seems like ESPN does all of this except for the part I bolded. I have no idea why something that simple, like past season's transactions, couldn't be kept active, but for some inexplicable reason, ESPN loses that data once two years have passed. So, the bolded part could be a convincing factor for me if Fleaflicker does this in a very easy to follow way and a very accessible way. I wish they showed a league story on the front page like ESPN, but I'll have to look at their sample leagues for the historical details. Thank you for posting this; I'll definitely hunt for it on Fleaflicker's sample leagues, and knowing it is a possibility, you just made me consider Fleaflicker as a very worthwhile alternative...if not for my fantasy football league, but for my fantasy basketball league. Actually, the latter is very likely to happen next season.

MFL has lost me as a customer this year, lot of problems with Thursday Night games have come to a head IMO. I will be looking elsewhere. RTSports is pretty easy to use, old fashioned perhaps but reliable. I am in 10-12+ leagues, 9 on MFL, 3 on RTSports.

MFL has lost me as a customer this year, lot of problems with Thursday Night games have come to a head IMO. I will be looking elsewhere. RTSports is pretty easy to use, old fashioned perhaps but reliable. I am in 10-12+ leagues, 9 on MFL, 3 on RTSports.
ok, I'm curious..never have or heard of an issue with Thursday games

Seems like ESPN does all of this except for the part I bolded. I have no idea why something that simple, like past season's transactions, couldn't be kept active, but for some inexplicable reason, ESPN loses that data once two years have passed. So, the bolded part could be a convincing factor for me if Fleaflicker does this in a very easy to follow way and a very accessible way. I wish they showed a league story on the front page like ESPN, but I'll have to look at their sample leagues for the historical details. Thank you for posting this; I'll definitely hunt for it on Fleaflicker's sample leagues, and knowing it is a possibility, you just made me consider Fleaflicker as a very worthwhile alternative...if not for my fantasy football league, but for my fantasy basketball league. Actually, the latter is very likely to happen next season.
The bolded is easy as cake to access in Fleaflicker. Click on any player's name and you go to his season stats page. From there, there's a link that says "history" that will give you his entire ownership history dating back to the beginning of the league. Alternately, going to the "transactions" tab and type the player's name into the search field will pull up a complete list of all transactions involving that player.

Navigation on fleaflicker is so intuitive. It really blows all other league management sites away, and has for years. It was also the first site to offer live scoring for free, which is what attracted me to it in the first place. I hear it has large ads that get annoying, but I browse with adblock, so it's just cleanly presented information surrounded by a pleasing expanse of white space. It works for the Google homepage, and it definitely works for Fleaflicker. Even if MFL were free and Fleaflicker were not, I still might pony up for it.

Some leagues have two waiver runs (i.e. waivers run Wednesday morning, and then a second time Friday morning). If the second waiver run happens after the Thursday night game, then you can actually bid for players that played on Thursday and win them. So, let's say that Marvin Jones had his 4-TD game this Thursday instead of on Sunday. In that case, an owner who knew about the loophole could have just bid $1 for him in the second waiver run and hoped that everyone else assumed he was locked for the week because he'd already played. If so, then that owner would have just won Marvin Jones for $1.

Also, similar issue, but I believe it's possible to add a player who plays on Thursday night, start him, then drop him in the second waiver run and replace him with someone else. You keep the points in your starting lineup, but effectively get an extra roster spot for the week. In the most extreme example possible, you could start a QB, RB, WR, and TE on Thursday, drop them all and add another RB, two WRs, and a Defense on Friday, and then start THOSE four players as well. Voila, you just got 8 starters with just 4 roster spots.

Not sure of any other issues, I believe most of the TNF issues stem from the fact that late-week waiver runs seem to break the system.

Some leagues have two waiver runs (i.e. waivers run Wednesday morning, and then a second time Friday morning). If the second waiver run happens after the Thursday night game, then you can actually bid for players that played on Thursday and win them. So, let's say that Marvin Jones had his 4-TD game this Thursday instead of on Sunday. In that case, an owner who knew about the loophole could have just bid $1 for him in the second waiver run and hoped that everyone else assumed he was locked for the week because he'd already played. If so, then that owner would have just won Marvin Jones for $1.

Also, similar issue, but I believe it's possible to add a player who plays on Thursday night, start him, then drop him in the second waiver run and replace him with someone else. You keep the points in your starting lineup, but effectively get an extra roster spot for the week. In the most extreme example possible, you could start a QB, RB, WR, and TE on Thursday, drop them all and add another RB, two WRs, and a Defense on Friday, and then start THOSE four players as well. Voila, you just got 8 starters with just 4 roster spots.

Not sure of any other issues, I believe most of the TNF issues stem from the fact that late-week waiver runs seem to break the system.
Ding Ding Ding...Show him what he won Johnny!

Now Commish 10 leagues on there and you want to pull your hair out.

I have had no bad experiences with ESPN - we have used the LM site for our Dynasty league and have had no major issues.

Ok. So its a pain for leagues with pointless rules. I will never understand the reason for a second waiver period.

Those issues are on your league IMO.

MFL has many more options. Because of this many folks with plain Jane leagues get spun out by it all.

I use NFL for the league I commish and have played in CBS league for a long time. Last year we had some issue in NFL during the draft and am considering a change. I do like the mobile app and the site for most everything, videos are a bit annoying. Support team has been responsive but not helpful. CBS site in my opinion is fine but not super user friendly.

One commish scheduling question for these other sites: 12 team, 2 divisions, 13 game regular season. Play each division opponent twice and 3 of the others once. Don't play the other 3 non divisional that year. I would like to have everybody play everybody at least once by playing against 2 non divisional opponents in one week. For example, for weeks 7, 8, and 9 only, you face off against 2 of the non divisional teams for those weeks. All the other weeks you play your regular divisional match ups. Can't be done on NFL site. How about Yahoo or Fleaflicker?

I've used MFL, ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, and Fleaflicker.

All have strengths and weaknesses.

ESPN's free offerings are pretty configurable. I don't like the draft rooms. And the app is bad.

Yahoo has decimal scoring, which I think is good. Interface is ok, but not great.

Haven't used the new CBS but it was solid if unspectacular in the past.

Fleaflicker is actually nice but hard to get others to join/try.

MFL is powerful but you have to pay and you'll want to tweak the layout because the default one isn't all that good.

Spent about 4-5 years on CBS... it started out free, then they started charging... then they started charging A LOT (for "not much" IMO).

Switched to MFL.com in 2005 and haven't found a better mouse trap since, but to be fair, I haven't really looked either. All the guys are pretty happy with it. Very few glitches to report and even fewer technical issues over the years.

I think the price is good for what you get out of it. Helps to have a guy in your league with some graphics capability to take advantage of the customization. And if you have a guy with website development skills, that can take you to a whole other level as well.

Ok. So its a pain for leagues with pointless rules. I will never understand the reason for a second waiver period.

Those issues are on your league IMO.

MFL has many more options. Because of this many folks with plain Jane leagues get spun out by it all.
Yeah, most of the "issues" posted here can all be pinned on the Commish of the league. The "issues" are definitely not MFL related.

The bolded is easy as cake to access in Fleaflicker. Click on any player's name and you go to his season stats page. From there, there's a link that says "history" that will give you his entire ownership history dating back to the beginning of the league. Alternately, going to the "transactions" tab and type the player's name into the search field will pull up a complete list of all transactions involving that player.

Navigation on fleaflicker is so intuitive. It really blows all other league management sites away, and has for years. It was also the first site to offer live scoring for free, which is what attracted me to it in the first place. I hear it has large ads that get annoying, but I browse with adblock, so it's just cleanly presented information surrounded by a pleasing expanse of white space. It works for the Google homepage, and it definitely works for Fleaflicker. Even if MFL were free and Fleaflicker were not, I still might pony up for it.
Oh, you're right - I didn't come back here to thank you, but meant to. I did go back to Fleaflicker, looked at a sample league and really looked around. The historical data for players (at least their transactions) is extremely easy to find and look at. If I could wish for anything else (though this is a lot), I'd wish that they could also show the history of stats of when the player was used as active and was left on the bench. But hey, you get what you pay for, and the history of transactions is probably more important for the enjoyment of historical data.

It is great to hear that Adblock gets rid of the ads, as I use that as well. Maybe that's why I haven't seen too many ads when setting up a league.

If I may ask you, with your league(s), is the message board used much? Also, does anyone write news stories for the league? With ESPN it is so simple, since it is right on the home page, but on Fleaflicker, it takes a few clicks.

We use CBS, have now for 6 years, transitioning over from yahoo which we used for 10 years....CBS has had it ups and downs. We use the pay version. There is some new stuff this year which is awesome and hilarious, such as "around the league", where the computer does an amazing job of recapping all games from the weekend, and allowing for comments from coaches which are inserted into the recap as if it was part of the report....allows for some funny bashing against each other. We talked about MFL, but never made the move bc of how invested we are in CBS....

I think Flying Elvis above has really good points on each league.

I've used Yahoo, ESPN, NFL and CBS personally. I have a buddy who uses MFL.

Out of all those that I've used or seen extensively, I like CBS, and to quote Flying Elvis from above:

If you want a super clean, always upgraded site with a much better live scoring page, go with CBS.

If you don't mind paying and want steady, consistant site performance then go CBS.

If you want free then I'd give Yahoo a shot - but all the free sites have their strong points (NFL was the worst, to me).

Adam seems high on Fleaflicker, and he seems like he'd be picky on the details (no offense, Adam), so I'd give that a try. I've not tried it but will try to find a league using Fleaflicker that needs a new owner next year. I'm anxious to check it out.

Adam seems high on Fleaflicker, and he seems like he'd be picky on the details (no offense, Adam), so I'd give that a try. I've not tried it but will try to find a league using Fleaflicker that needs a new owner next year. I'm anxious to check it out.
Was thinking of doing the same thing regarding Fleaflicker.

If you find a good league, keep me in mind. I'm in.

Oh, you're right - I didn't come back here to thank you, but meant to. I did go back to Fleaflicker, looked at a sample league and really looked around. The historical data for players (at least their transactions) is extremely easy to find and look at. If I could wish for anything else (though this is a lot), I'd wish that they could also show the history of stats of when the player was used as active and was left on the bench. But hey, you get what you pay for, and the history of transactions is probably more important for the enjoyment of historical data.

It is great to hear that Adblock gets rid of the ads, as I use that as well. Maybe that's why I haven't seen too many ads when setting up a league.

If I may ask you, with your league(s), is the message board used much? Also, does anyone write news stories for the league? With ESPN it is so simple, since it is right on the home page, but on Fleaflicker, it takes a few clicks.
No to both, but I'm not the guy to ask. Most of the leagues I commish all involve the same group of guys I've been playing with for over a decade. We started off on an off-site message board running all of the leagues by hand. After a year or two, we signed up on CBS. When CBS got expensive, I looked around and decided to give Fleaflicker a try, because at the time it was the only free site that offered live scoring (NFL and Yahoo were both free, but charged extra for access to live scoring).

Anyway, through all of the moves and migrations, we've always kept our off-site message board up and running, and we still handle a lot of the league business there. All of our drafts happen on our off-site message board, I track traded draft picks off-site (because we have some exotic rules regarding pick order), and there are a few other rules that I just implement through the message board rather than trying to integrate them into fleaflicker (example: conditional lineup requests). Since we have a separate message board already set up, that's also where all league communication and trash talk take place. So I don't really have anything to say- good or bad- about Fleaflicker's built-in message-board software. I think it's more nested replies (while ESPN's is more threaded topics). Honestly, every built-in message board on every league management site I've ever used has been garbage, and I don't think Fleaflicker's stands out as appreciably better or worse than any other. The off-site message board solution has worked phenomenally for us, and I'd recommend it.

I don't believe there's any way to write league stories like there is at ESPN. That's a feature I've never really used in my ESPN leagues.

If all else fails, I'll start up a new fleaflicker league next year for guys who have never tried it. I'd be interested in trying out a bunch of the functionality I've never tested before, such as the message board and drafting software.

The real appeal of Fleaflicker is just how intuitive and clean everything is. I've never had to "learn how to use it". It provides you with exactly the information you need without any superfluous extras (no fantasy advice, no links to insider articles, no suggestive upsells). If you block the ads, there are no graphics or in-line videos to slow down load times. Service is stable and reliable, with minimal-to-no outages. I've never actually had to get in contact with them to resolve an error, but I know their twitter account is reasonably active (sometimes they'll reply to me with a timely pun when I'm tweeting about fleaflickers, the actual football play). Live scoring is fast. Anything you want to do is pretty quick and obvious. Honestly, most of the time, the only time I ever think about Fleaflicker is when I think "I sure am glad that I never have to think about Fleaflicker". It's like google, it's completely invisible and unobtrusive as you go about your business.

I don't think I really appreciated Fleaflicker so much until the last few years when I joined a couple MFL leagues. Seriously, MFL has some amazing features, but it feels like the league management version of GeoCities. So much information is buried in random difficult-to-access locations, the most common actions you're going to want to take require two to three times as many clicks, so much information that you'll want to access at the same time will be buried on completely different pages (meaning you have to flip back and forth between tabs) rather than consolidated. It's just an absolute mess.

Just wanted to add -

As I was checking some drops in my league that popped up on my cell phone it reminded me - CBS has made HUGE improvements to their app. I haven't seen anything even close, so far.

Is CBS worth the money? I'm not sure, to be honest. But if money's not an issue, CBS does seem to try to perform to validate the price they charge.

I don't think I really appreciated Fleaflicker so much until the last few years when I joined a couple MFL leagues. Seriously, MFL has some amazing features, but it feels like the league management version of GeoCities. So much information is buried in random difficult-to-access locations, the most common actions you're going to want to take require two to three times as many clicks, so much information that you'll want to access at the same time will be buried on completely different pages (meaning you have to flip back and forth between tabs) rather than consolidated. It's just an absolute mess.
Unfortunately, I felt the same way this summer with MFL, when trying to set up a potential league site for my league to switch to. I was really impressed by the features and the nominal price for those features, but I was also unimpressed with the Geocities feel. And like you, I felt like I was wasting a lot of time. Probably not a big deal to the majority of people as mere owners, but instead for people who run leagues.

That being said, regarding the message board, I'm sure my league could do without one as well on Fleaflicker. ESPN's message board is awfully intuitive, so that is attractive. And I admit, I really like the league "top story" feature right in front on an ESPN league home to keep things looking fresh and to update owners on a new procedure.

One thing that is a big selling point about Fleaflicker for my fantasy basketball league actually is the e-mail draft option.

And also, I would definitely be open to a Fleaflicker league. But I think I'm pretty much convinced for fantasy football anyway. Another question about Fleaflicker - how is reliable is their android and iphone app?

Same here; I've actually been looking for another league to join in addition to league I run, probably on ESPN or Fleaflicker now. But I definitely will.

Users who are viewing this thread