What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Live Draft App for iPad (1 Viewer)

Lord of the Rings

Footballguy
Didn't know how to search the forums for this but...

Our league runs a live draft every year. We normally use the big board-label system. Does anyone use a draft app for iPad that you would recommend? Something where I can just touch the iPad and the pick is put up on the board for all to see. I have the capability of showing iPad on a screen through Apple TV, wifi and projector. I searched the App store and saw several different draft apps but just wondered if there was one that stood out (free or pay). Thanks.

Maybe I'm not framing the question correctly. I'm mainly just looking for any input on the iPad draft apps out there. As a commish, I'm just looking for something different than the 'put labels on a board' method.

I was just thinking something might be available (i.e., one of the iPad draft apps) that would allow me to conduct our live draft using my iPad and projector. So instead of having to take a label and manually putting it on our draft board, as we currently do, I could use technology to do the work. Maybe a draft app that has all of the players, color coded positions, etc. and allows me to customize it to fit my league size, number of rounds, etc. Then during the draft it allows me to simply touch the selected player on my iPad screen and the pick would be added to a draft board projected on the wall. So the entire draft would be conducted on my iPad and projected for all to see as it unfolds.

I'm not looking for a app that helps me personally draft better (ie, player rankings, draft help, VBD, etc.) I'm looking for an app that helps me as a commissioner run a live draft. Basically, an electronic draft board.

I'm not looking for a app that helps me personally draft better (ie, player rankings, draft help, VBD, etc.) I'm looking for an app that helps me as a commissioner run a live draft. Basically, an electronic draft board.
Right, I think the Draft GM does what you're looking for.

In the preview, look at the "Draft Board" view under the iPad screenshots.

(If you don't want the Player Pool to display the best remaining players in order, you can change the scoring system to a wacky one that does't reflect your league's scoring.)

Right, I think the Draft GM does what you're looking for.

In the preview, look at the "Draft Board" view under the iPad screenshots.

(If you don't want the Player Pool to display the best remaining players in order, you can change the scoring system to a wacky one that does't reflect your league's scoring.)
Looks pretty good. I'm going to go ahead and download it and see what it looks like. It's only $2.99 and if it's supporting FBG's then it's money well spent even if it might not be what I'm looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is great http://www.draftnight.com/ I think he's launching the updated app this later this week. I was able to test it a little this week and it is slick. Essentially one person buys the app and sets up the draft board and the members of your league make their selections from their smartphone/tablet. Draftboard is updated in real time. I plan on throwing mine up on my TV via PS3 browser or ipad mirroring.

He added some pretty good support for auction drafts to that I think will go live with the new update. Looks really promising.

Tex_man - does the app easily allow for trades/keepers? Our league is very active prior/during/after the draft.

Tex_man - does the app easily allow for trades/keepers? Our league is very active prior/during/after the draft.
I don't see any built in keeper or trade functionality. I see how you could work around it to some extent. Let's say you wanted to trade Doug Martin for Andre Johnson and Matt Stafford.

You can go in an Undo those picks pretty easily. That puts them all into the available players field. Then use the next 3 picks on the draft to assign the players to the right teams. Then you use the Next pick to pick the draft back up in the normal order.

Hope that made sense.

Basically, you can assign a player to any team whenever you want. Very easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread