What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Movie Cameo (1 Viewer)

Leroy Hoard said:
Shouldn't a true cameo be uncredited in the credits?  At least at the start of the movie.
That's an interesting question.

Kevin Spacey is not in the opening credits of Se7en, per his request. The movie studio agreed to his request because he was fairly unknown at the time, but then Usual Suspects had come out about a month earlier and the studio now wanted to promote Spacey as the third star. Supposedly, he and David Fincher threw an epic temper tantrum and forced the powers-that-be to stick to the original plan. 

Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder was the first time that I thought, as a young man, that he might actually be a kinda self-aware guy with a sense of humor instead of just being a weirdo (legendary, but still a weirdo). 

That's an interesting question.

Kevin Spacey is not in the opening credits of Se7en, per his request. The movie studio agreed to his request because he was fairly unknown at the time, but then Usual Suspects had come out about a month earlier and the studio now wanted to promote Spacey as the third star. Supposedly, he and David Fincher threw an epic temper tantrum and forced the powers-that-be to stick to the original plan. 

This worked excellently, btw. I watched Se7en for the first time this year, knowing nothing about it. I was shocked when Kevin Spacey was the killer, had no idea. 

The first one i thought of:       "Mortimer.............We're BACK!!!!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0GLVc4f02k

The reason i think this is the best cameo is the total unexpected connection between 2 very successful comedy movies .......you never see it coming.
Trading Places (1983) 
Coming to America (1988)

.......classic example of a cinematic inside joke but it's executed very well. Eddie Murphy's Prince Akeem is posing as a commoner and gives a large sum of money to two homeless men. They turn out to be Randolph and Mortimer Duke from the earlier John Landis-Eddie Murphy comedy Trading Places. The irony is that Murphy's character was responsible for putting them on the streets in the first place. This is a dual cameo that winks at the audience without being forced or out of place.
Eddie was a young genius and the cameo was two guys with stars on the walk of fame in Bellamy and Ameche.  The epitome of a cameo.

Users who are viewing this thread