What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best QB to target in trades based on schedule? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Many of us have been burned by QB's so far this year. Big Ben, DA, Garrard - the list is long.

Other owners are sitting with 2 producing QB's. Time to make a move. Nominate best trade targets based on production vs. what you would have to give up. I'm going to say that guys producing like Cutler, Rivers, Warner, Romo, Brees are going to require too much vs. value in a trade right now.

1) Hasslebeck? Can he return to being a 250 2TD guy when his receivers come back in week 5 and a juicy schedule?

2) Favre? Lost some luster last night but pretty juicy schedule?

3) Peyton? Every PM owner is nervous whether they admit it or not. He won't be cheap, but will be more reasonably priced than ever

4) Eli? Could he just be underrated by the masses, including his own owners that took him as a second QB?

5) McNabb? Owners scared a bit with him and Westy getting nicked and looking human vs. a good D? (Our league owner had Eli and McNabb)

6) Palmer? Is it one week too late with them showing signs of life this past Sunday?

Thoughts? Any others on this list. Most owners rich in QB's will need a RB or WR in return. So what types of players/tiers could fetch the above 6?

I actually like O'Sullivan. You may not have to pay too much, and he has some nice matchups down the stretch.

Based on schedule?Trent Edwards & Jake Delhomme.
OK, schedule, opportunity to produce, etc. Receivers or O-line getting healthy etc. Most owners that got Edwards or JTO cheap on the waiver wire may be in hold mode as they had QB issues of their own. Delhomme owners are probably waiting to see if Steve Smith goes off. Ours won't move on him.

Based on schedule?

Trent Edwards & Jake Delhomme.
OK, schedule, opportunity to produce, etc. Receivers or O-line getting healthy etc. Most owners that got Edwards or JTO cheap on the waiver wire may be in hold mode as they had QB issues of their own. Delhomme owners are probably waiting to see if Steve Smith goes off. Ours won't move on him.
I think both Delhomme and Edwards have a lot of these factors in their favor. It is odd to think that you list guys like Favre, Manning (both), Palmer & Donovan and then suggest Delhomme and Edwards may be difficult to acquire.I think those other guys would be far more expensive in most leagues.

FWIW, one owner just dropped Delhomme for Edwards in one of my leagues (we have a 2 QB roster max). My backup to Cutler is Garrard and I'm going to try to claim Delhomme....even though I'm last on the list....

Texican said:
I actually like O'Sullivan. You may not have to pay too much, and he has some nice matchups down the stretch.
I like JT for a mid-level pick-up that could pay dividends. Edwards would probably be on my short list also.

JTO for 3 reasons

1. As stated above, his schedule is not heavily weighed down with great pass defenses.

2. Regardless of the pass defenses that he faces, the Niners are still the Niners and should find themselves playing catch-up on most Sundays, thus in theory opening up the possibility of OC Martz having to dig deep into playbook, allowing for big fantasy potential.

3. Frank Gore is one of the best ball catching RBs in the NFL. He already leads the team in recieving and actually has many pass plays designed to get him the ball not just on dump-offs or broken plays.

:goodposting:

JTO for 3 reasons1. As stated above, his schedule is not heavily weighed down with great pass defenses.2. Regardless of the pass defenses that he faces, the Niners are still the Niners and should find themselves playing catch-up on most Sundays, thus in theory opening up the possibility of OC Martz having to dig deep into playbook, allowing for big fantasy potential.3. Frank Gore is one of the best ball catching RBs in the NFL. He already leads the team in recieving and actually has many pass plays designed to get him the ball not just on dump-offs or broken plays. :lmao:
4. Can still be picked up on the cheap

I'm looking at Campbell for weeks 6-8:

Rams

Browns

Lions

The rest of his schedule isn't all that great but he could be terrific those 3 weeks.

What does this question even mean? I want a QB based on who will score the most pts, not based on schedule alone.

If you want one based on schedule then you need to specify what kind of schedule you want:

A fill-in for this week

A favorable upcoming schedule to make an enticing trade piece

A solid playoff schedule to propel you to a title

Buffaloes said:
Jason Campbell might be another one to think about.
:lmao:I do think Delhomme will turn things around , and quickly now that Steve Smith is back in the folds..beginning this week with the upcoming game against Atl, followed by KC@home, @Tb, N.O @ home, then an easy stretch of Az, Oak,Det, Atl.. if ever we were going to see Delhomme have very good games against suspect passing defenses, it would be this stretch of 8 games, starting this weekend vs. Atl.. :lol: I'd imagine of the 8 games, he'll throw for at least 2 TDs in 5 of them, and a few 300+ yard games thrown in there..for what its worth, the Panthers' running game will probably kick into high gear as well...

FWIW, in a money league i was saddled with Garrard, Vince Young, and now Frerotte - VY is obviously gone and Garrard is killing me. Delhomme owner also had Rivers so we went back and forth this week and I ended up giving Garrard and Selvin Young (he is hurting at RB) for Delhomme and Welker. according to the top 250 I fleeced him :thumbup:

just tossing it out there as one trade in one league for reference....i'll be picking up Torain in a couple of weeks anyway and Selvin isn't worth jack with Pittman the vulture getting the tds.

Users who are viewing this thread