What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biden vs Girls Sports (1 Viewer)

Seriously though, student athletes at non-D1 institutions are a great bunch.  They tend to be above-average students and they have very good time-management skills.  Our coaching staffs are non-nonsense.  I'm sure it's like that at a lot of D1 schools too, of course.

Absolutely, 100% correct. I am condescending towards those who don't support trans rights, hide their lack of support under the thin veneer of "protecting women's sports," and then don't actually do anything to protect women's sports in any other capacity. 

I think people who defend trans rights and who sincerely try to protect and uplift women's sports are, in this very narrow and specific area, superior to those who attack the trans community using what appears to be a contrived concern for women's sports that they don't support in any other manner.

The "full of ####" accusation is a totally separate one, but it fits both literally (not enough fiber and greens for me this past weekend) and figuratively.
Link a post where I’ve attacked anyone. I’ll wait.

As far as promoting womens sports, I’d bet I’ve done more on a community level than you have. I have no control on a National level what happens, but I coached young women in little league and travel softball for 9 years. Then helped a friend of mine in some practices after. 

Any donations I make at all are for girls youth sports on a local level. 

Frankly, you can shove your condescending liberal attitude 

How dare you suggest that these fine gentlemen are just here to hate on Lia Thomas and do not have a passionate interest in UPenn Women's Athletics that they seek to protect. Just the other day Cowboysfan and Para entertained and educated us all with their throughtful and nuanced take on the softball team's chances in Fall 2022.

I'm getting Para a Niki Miles jersey for Xmas this year.  She's the top returning point scorer for the women's lacrosse team, not that I need to tell anyone here that.
Disapproval of Thomas is the right of hard core and casual fans. Wasn't aware you had to pass a test to have an opinion.

What, exactly, can the common man do to "protect women's sports in any other capacity"?  The common man has no administrative, legislative, or pecuniary power to do anything substantive.  All the common man can do is proclaim they believe that women should be given a plethora of athletic opportunity in college akin to what men get.  Which, personally, I do.   It's a ridiculous charge that carries with it no ability achieve the moral standing you seem to want to open the gate to rebut other parts of your argument.  It's an impassible test; I reject it.

For the record, at the same time as believing in a plethora of opportunity for college age women, I believe FINA is dead on in their analysis and decision to redefine how transgenders compete.  

Good question! Here's some ideas, some of which I imagine some people here already do. Of course I'm not an expert, so I would welcome more from those who are more involved in the efforts to boost women's sports than I am:

1. Obviously you could support politicians who seek to protect and enhance Title IX protections rather than those who seek to limit them. Same goes for things like equal pay measures for women's national teams.

2. You could donate to worthwhile charities that work towards gender equity in sports. Personally I'm a fan of Baseball for All and Play Like a Girl. The biggest and most influential one is the Women's Sports Foundation

3. You could patronize women's professional sports and/or watch the games on TV, particularly the WNBA and NWSL which already have TV deals and fairly high profiles. I assume I don't have to explain the connection between visible professional women's sports leagues and getting younger girls involved. You can do this even if you don't have daughters or they don't want to go with you! Game 5 of the 2019 WNBA Finals was one of the more fun sporting events I've ever attended. This column explains the importance of fan support for the NWSL

Those three are off the top of my head. I'm sure others can add to it. Great idea for the thread too, IMO- a chance to move away from bashing the small handful or trans women athletes and towards protecting the thing the thread was supposedly trying to protect. Thanks.

Link a post where I’ve attacked anyone. I’ll wait.

As far as promoting womens sports, I’d bet I’ve done more on a community level than you have. I have no control on a National level what happens, but I coached young women in little league and travel softball for 9 years. Then helped a friend of mine in some practices after. 

Any donations I make at all are for girls youth sports on a local level. 

Frankly, you can shove your condescending liberal attitude 

Glad to hear it! Kudos and thanks for your hard work, really. 9 years is a long time. I coached my son's t-ball league for one exhausting year, I can't even imagine doing it 8 more times in a row.

Regarding the bolded- I don't recall accusing you of anything, or frankly saying anything at all about you. You called me condescending, and I agreed with you w/r/t this issue and explained why. If you want to play the victim you'll have to look elsewhere. You sure seem angry at me, though! 

Regarding the bolded- I don't recall accusing you of anything, or frankly saying anything at all about you. You called me condescending, and I agreed with you w/r/t this issue and explained why. If you want to play the victim you'll have to look elsewhere. You sure seem angry at me, though! 
Absolutely, 100% correct. I am condescending towards those who don't support trans rights, hide their lack of support under the thin veneer of "protecting women's sports," and then don't actually do anything to protect women's sports in any other capacity. 

I think people who defend trans rights and who sincerely try to protect and uplift women's sports are, in this very narrow and specific area, superior to those who attack the trans community using what appears to be a contrived concern for women's sports that they don't support in any other manner.

who were you referring to here? ^

who were you referring to here? ^

Anyone who fits the description? It was an abstract description. I have absolutely no idea if and how any of it might apply to you, other than what I just learned about you and your softball coaching. I don't pay nearly as much attention to you as you do to me, apparently. All I know about you is that you lean conservative and that you are apparently a fan of two high-profile professional sports teams.

Anyone who fits the description? It was an abstract description. I have absolutely no idea if and how any of it might apply to you, other than what I just learned about you and your softball coaching. I don't pay nearly as much attention to you as you do to me, apparently. 
You came into the thread and called me out by name. Then after you quoted me I said you were an annoying condescending liberal.

You agreed and wrote why you were being condescending, but of course none of that was directed at me   :lol:

And after all of that said you don’t pay attention to me like I do you. Priceless :lol:

Bye now

You came into the thread and called me out by name. Then after you quoted me I said you were an annoying condescending liberal.

You agreed and wrote why you were being condescending, but of course none of that was directed at me   :lol:

And after all of that said you don’t pay attention to me like I do you. Priceless :lol:

Bye now

Here's what I said, in response to another poster, not you:

Just the other day Cowboysfan and Para entertained and educated us all with their throughtful and nuanced take on the [UPenn women's] softball team's chances in Fall 2022.

That light-hearted sarcasm is what has you all upset?  Seriously?

Seriously?

Thanks again for your great work coaching girls' softball. I hope taking out your anger on anonymous strangers on the internet makes you a better coach and role model for the girls, if so I'm more than happy to absorb your insults.

BTWI loved this part of your post:

Then after you quoted me I said you were an annoying condescending liberal.

You left out what you said that I was quoting in response!  Why is that, I wonder?

Here's what I said, in response to another poster, not you:

That light-hearted sarcasm is what has you all upset?  Seriously?

Seriously?

Thanks again for your great work coaching girls' softball. I hope taking out your anger on anonymous strangers on the internet makes you a better coach and role model for the girls, if so I'm more than happy to absorb your insults.

BTWI loved this part of your post:

You left out what you said that I was quoting in response!  Why is that, I wonder?
Oh I stand by you being full of ####. Even more so today actually

Even more so now then when you posted under your other name

And I’m truly not upset. I’m not taking anger out on anyone. But A for effort I guess? 👍

Lol.    It's growing, because now I am getting into the territory of ignoring people who constantly engage with the people I have on ignore.   Only so many arguments about definitions of words, what people "really" meant, and your side is terrible posts I can ingest.  
Would you quit quoting AAA batteries. He is the only person on my ignore list. 

(I am kidding. You are on there too.)

ETA: just to be clear....I am joking. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question! Here's some ideas, some of which I imagine some people here already do. Of course I'm not an expert, so I would welcome more from those who are more involved in the efforts to boost women's sports than I am:

1. Obviously you could support politicians who seek to protect and enhance Title IX protections rather than those who seek to limit them. Same goes for things like equal pay measures for women's national teams.

2. You could donate to worthwhile charities that work towards gender equity in sports. Personally I'm a fan of Baseball for All and Play Like a Girl. The biggest and most influential one is the Women's Sports Foundation

3. You could patronize women's professional sports and/or watch the games on TV, particularly the WNBA and NWSL which already have TV deals and fairly high profiles. I assume I don't have to explain the connection between visible professional women's sports leagues and getting younger girls involved. You can do this even if you don't have daughters or they don't want to go with you! Game 5 of the 2019 WNBA Finals was one of the more fun sporting events I've ever attended. This column explains the importance of fan support for the NWSL

Those three are off the top of my head. I'm sure others can add to it. Great idea for the thread too, IMO- a chance to move away from bashing the small handful or trans women athletes and towards protecting the thing the thread was supposedly trying to protect. Thanks.

I've gotten a lot more into the USWNT and NWSL the past year. I lived in the Louisville metro for about 9 years before moving remotely to be closer to family last August. I like that Paramount+ streams most NWSL games so I can watch almost all of Racing Louisville's games on TV. They also streamed the women's CONCACAF tournament this year which was great.

I may be a bit of an oddball but I actually have little interest in men's soccer currently for a few reasons:

-The MLS and USL are basically minor leagues and I don't feel any connection to the Premier League or the other top European leagues. My favorite teams have always been teams within 2 to 2.5 hours of somewhere I've lived for a significant period of time.

-Most of the best U.S. women's players play in the NWSL where many of the best U.S. men don't really play in the MLS or USL anymore.

-The USNMT just isn't that good relative to the other top men's national teams. It's a lot easier to get behind the USWNT which are like the Yankees/Patriots of soccer then the USNMT which has a hard time even qualifying for the World Cup yet alone having any chance to win it.

-The flopping in men's soccer is a bit of a turnoff. I feel like it's a lot less prevalent in women's soccer.

So in North Carolina, a school district voted not to play any high school girls volleyball games against ONE school in the district. That school has a trans player who spiked the ball that hit an opponent in the head so hard that she suffered severe neck and head injuries and is dealing with long term concussion symptoms. One coach told the school board that in 40 years he had never seen a spike like that.

Isn’t co-Ed high school volleyball something that’s been pretty common for many years? I’d like to learn more but the safety concern about the trans athlete seems like a pretext to me.

Isn’t co-Ed high school volleyball something that’s been pretty common for many years? I’d like to learn more but the safety concern about the trans athlete seems like a pretext to me.
Only in gym class, which bears as much resemblance to real volleyball as Putt-Putt does to real golf. Club volleyball will allow boys to play on girls teams up to age 12 in the Ohio Valley Region. Not after. When I coached HS boys we used to do a fun match against the girls varsity team and I let my heavy hitters know in no uncertain terms they were not there to show off, because they could do some serious damage.

So in North Carolina, a school district voted not to play any high school girls volleyball games against ONE school in the district. That school has a trans player who spiked the ball that hit an opponent in the head so hard that she suffered severe neck and head injuries and is dealing with long term concussion symptoms. One coach told the school board that in 40 years he had never seen a spike like that.

I'm sure he feels great about himself though

you mean varsity co-ed? never heard of it. intramural sure.
We have coed volleyball here but I just talked to an assistant volleyball coach and he said that he actually dislikes it and he thinks that it could be dangerous for a good male volleyball player to play against the girls at the girl net height. I retract my earlier claim that the safety issue was entirely pretext.

Hard to believe anyone finds this scenario acceptable.

Lia Thomas is kicking "herself" for not being a two sport athlete after reading this story.

Lia Thomas is kicking "herself" for not being a two sport athlete after reading this story.
Yeah, cause the goal was always to use sports to inflict pain on cis competitors. :bored:

Keep searching far and wide for the 0.0001% of athletes this involves.

Yeah, cause the goal was always to use sports to inflict pain on cis competitors.

No one in this thread has EVER made that assertion. This has been a pretty good thread overall except when certain people show up. Please keep your trolling to the other threads in this forum. Thanks.
Then explain your trolling comment regarding Lia Thomas.
Explain what? My comment certainly wasn't suggestive that Lia Thomas wanted to inflict pain on anyone. Is that what you got from it? If so, you need help.

"It's only a game, Focker!"

Yeah, cause the goal was always to use sports to inflict pain on cis competitors.

No one in this thread has EVER made that assertion. This has been a pretty good thread overall except when certain people show up. Please keep your trolling to the other threads in this forum. Thanks.
Explain what? My comment certainly wasn't suggestive that Lia Thomas wanted to inflict pain on anyone. Is that what you got from it? If so, you need help.
Very odd comment GB. Can you unpack it a little for us?

We don't want him or his trolling in the other threads either. Send him somewhere else, please. Like the Weenie Hut Jr forums or something.

"It's only a game, Focker!"
Pretty crazy that actress is dead.

Very odd comment GB. Can you unpack it a little for us?
I figured as much. :tumbleweed:

Users who are viewing this thread