What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (4 Viewers)

What insanity this conference season is. I’ve only seen Minnesota play twice, but based on that alone can’t imagine how they've lost so many games. They will dominate the NIT. 
This last week is going to be crazy. It seems crucial to finish top 4 and get the double bye.  

Looks like Illinois's locked up tourney bid. Can't even recall last time they made the tournament. 

They don't inspire a lot of confidence they'll do anything in the tournament.

Looks like Illinois's locked up tourney bid. Can't even recall last time they made the tournament. 

They don't inspire a lot of confidence they'll do anything in the tournament.
No Big10 team has really shown the ability to string together 6 good  games.  Perhaps MSU or Maryland can, but no one has shown any consistency.   I still believe there will be one final four team, but no champion.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Rutgers could really use a win over Maryland tomorrow night but it seems that one thing we have going for us is a pretty weak list of fellow bubble teams. Dangerous place to be especially if some of the autobids end up going to conference tourney longshots instead of regular season champs, but better than nothing at this stage. 

MSU typically crapping the bed the entire first half at PSU. Zero offensive boards and zero defense. Great showing guys. How about just hoping in the bus and heading home at halftime. Not sure why they always have to make it hard on themselves and dig such a hole every game. Putrid

Tale of 2 halves. As bad as the first half was, the 2nd half was outstanding. Cash was money down the stretch. Big game from X and Rocket. Back in the running for the title. Solid comeback for the guys in green.

ETA: Thanks Rutgers!

Yeah, no love for Turgeon.  Were it not for a miracle in Minnesota, the entire state of Maryland would be in full blown panic mode right now.

Maryland's lack of depth is going to hurt them.  Their press is fantastic, but you can't do that for long with a 6-man rotation.  Obviously, their lack of a cohesive offense beyond weave-and-heave has and will continue to hurt them.

If I'm in prediction mode, I'll say Maryland gets one of the next two for a share of the regular season crown, gets bounced in the semis of the B1G tourney, beats a couple of teams they're supposed to beat in the NCAA, and loses in the Sweet Sixteen.  I'm not sure what the consensus will be on the season should that come to pass, but I'd say it's a disappointment for a team ranked in the preseason top ten.
Thinking my prediction here may have been too optimistic.

6-32 from 3-pt range.  19-33 from inside, although a lot of that was garbage time.  Maybe it's me, but a team ranked well into the bottom third of all D1 schools in 3-pt percentage should think about not relying so heavily upon 3s for its offense?

Can't get excited about Bucky.  After years of them making some noise in the tournament they are looking now to just be fodder, just a participant.  That's fine, but I miss the excitement of thinking they might do something.  Still, I'll pull for them.
Perhaps still unlikely to make much noise in the tournament, but hey, first place in the Big Ten, at least for a few days here. Double bye secured. I love this team.  

Brad Davison is very unlikable. 
Oh yeah, he’s Grayson Allen level of evil on the court.

That said, the officiating in this Indiana-WI game is laughable.  Typical Big Ten.  Lots of weak calls on the visiting team, lots of no-calls for the home team.  Biased officiating is the thing I hate most about watching the Big Ten.

But a guy you want on your team. The Grayson Allen talking points are a little over the top. I totally get it but he's not dirty

With that said, Wisconsin is your Big 10 champion. Never would have thought so even a month ago

Probably a first or second round exit though so let's get crunk sconnies!

We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Going to Vegas for MM opening weekend. My initial thought is to invest in the Big 10 for that weekend of games. Rutgers not being able to win on the road much has me a little concerned but overall I think the Big 10 will represent the opening weekend this year.

strykerpks said:
But a guy you want on your team. The Grayson Allen talking points are a little over the top. I totally get it but he's not dirty

With that said, Wisconsin is your Big 10 champion. Never would have thought so even a month ago

Probably a first or second round exit though so let's get crunk sconnies!
I’m a UW alum. Love having him on the team.  But he absolutely is a dirty player.

I wonder what Purdue needs to make the tournament. They are like low to mid 30s in NET rankings. Probably need to get to the final of the Big Ten or something.

strykerpks said:
Not sure that’s 100 percent quite yet, with Maryland and MSU still playing Sunday. I think if MSU wins and Maryland loses it’s a shared title between State and Wisconsin. But yea, they already have at least a share. Gard should be hands down COY.

Very proud of Rutgers today. That was a great win in a tough place. 

I can’t believe we’re actually gonna make the tournament. 
The last time Rutgers made the tournament was my freshman year.  That was fun.

MSU sporting the 2000 Championship  throwbacks on Senior Day at the Brez. This place is rocking. Always a special day on Senior Day here at the Brez.

GOGREEN

I hate that the BIG tournament championship game is late Sunday.  They need to change that.  Seems it's always the last game to finish.

whoknew said:
I wonder what Purdue needs to make the tournament. They are like low to mid 30s in NET rankings. Probably need to get to the final of the Big Ten or something.
Purdue, wait!

I don't see it happening.  5 BT loses at home this year...has to be a record. Worst Painter coaching job since he started.

Right now:

MSU - 3

Wisc - 4

Md - 4

OSU - 5

PSU - 5

Iowa - 6

Illini - 6

Michigan - 7

Rutgers - 9

IU - 11

Indiana is the only team in danger of being knocked out with a poor performance in round 1.  I think Purdue could play its way into the tourny with a few good wins.  So 9 locks.  About a 50-50 for 10 bids.  An outside chance for 11.  Indiana must beat Nebraska to become a definite maybe, and then beating PSU would make them a lock.  Purdue must beat OSU and MSU and IMHO deserves a bid. Something crazy like Minnesota winning the tourny could change a few things.  

OSU coach mad at MSU for pro-longing the game for Senior day.  Rolls eyes.  
He actually apologized after the game. I’m willing to cut him some slack, but they have been doing this since 1995...
I think it's cool that they do it, but it is a little over the top.  I'd assume the opposing coach is aware/talked to about it prior to the game.  I also assume it's not just MSU that does this?

I think it's cool that they do it, but it is a little over the top.  I'd assume the opposing coach is aware/talked to about it prior to the game.  I also assume it's not just MSU that does this?
At this point it’s such a tradition that if they didn’t have the opportunity to do it during game time (has happened in the past a couple times when they were down or lost the game) fans would go nuts. They could easily do it after the game. 

not sure if anyone else does it.

Very proud of Rutgers today. That was a great win in a tough place. 

I can’t believe we’re actually gonna make the tournament. 
Rutgers has been, I think, on an upward trajectory for a few years and I think it's awesome that it's bearing fruit now.

Keerock said:
I hate that the BIG tournament championship game is late Sunday.  They need to change that.  Seems it's always the last game to finish.
In an old school sense, I generally detest all things related to having a conference tournament, but this is near the top of the list in that collection.

Indiana and Minnesota have to be two of the best basketball teams to ever play on a Wednesday in this tournament. Both could easily still be playing on Saturday. 

Indiana and Minnesota have to be two of the best basketball teams to ever play on a Wednesday in this tournament. Both could easily still be playing on Saturday. 

I think that speaks to how great the conference has been this year. From coaching to star players to team depth; I am just floored by how deep the league is this season.  I think it's a topic that gets beat into the ground a bit this time of year with the bracket speculation (insert Archie Miller Sesame Street jokes here), but I'm honestly looking forward to unleashing the BigTen on the tourney in 2020.

Right now:

MSU - 3

Wisc - 4

Md - 4

OSU - 5

PSU - 5

Iowa - 6

Illini - 6

Michigan - 7

Rutgers - 9

IU - 11

Indiana is the only team in danger of being knocked out with a poor performance in round 1.  I think Purdue could play its way into the tourny with a few good wins.  So 9 locks.  About a 50-50 for 10 bids.  An outside chance for 11.  Indiana must beat Nebraska to become a definite maybe, and then beating PSU would make them a lock.  Purdue must beat OSU and MSU and IMHO deserves a bid. Something crazy like Minnesota winning the tourny could change a few things.  
Indiana is in; probably 9/10. I would prefer 10 honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread