What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (1 Viewer)

I love Geranimo. Find a few more of him out on the recruiting trail. 

All the potential in the world, just working his athleticism into the flow of the game still.  Pushing to start already for sure, will also be starting for sure moving forward probably sooner than later.

Painter better get these guys figured out. Great starts, big leads, find a way to blow the lead and then a coin flip on how they finish. Nobody is going to quit and credit to OSU for a great finish but needing that clutch shot from Ivey when you up by 20 with 14 minutes left is ridiculous.  

Boiler Up!
I would be pretty optimistic they will find their rhythm in terms of keeping momentum going and avoiding the lulls once the season progresses. Painter knows what he is doing.

Yeah I think it's @Garrett

I wasn't sure about him either but I follow a couple of message boards and blogs where folks were really enthusiastic about his NBA pedigree (and not blaming him for lack of success with the Knicks).  Clearly keeping as many guys as he did says something, and it appears he's already charming the mothers of future recruits - they seem to love him.

There were some significant issues to address the day Archie was fired.  Getting TJD and Race to return was a major win.  That alone bought some confidence and time.  The early message was the defense was ready and the offense was a work in progress.

Well, the defense is more than ready.  It's the best team defense in the conference, and that's no small feat in the BIG10.

The general belief is that defense first mentality will travel well and if or when the offense comes together, opponents are going to have a real problem.

All the potential in the world, just working his athleticism into the flow of the game still.  Pushing to start already for sure, will also be starting for sure moving forward probably sooner than later.
Reminds me of OG Anunoby. Same athleticism, can hit mid-range shots already, doesn’t play too fast. 

Hopefully he progresses like OG.

Oh gotcha. Maybe it was Garrett that was in Bloomington. 

Was wondering what the locals were saying about Woodson. People have to be loving him, I know I was not overly optimistic when I first heard he was the guy. 

Haven’t heard too much about recruiting but he was able to keep guys and some of these Freshman and transfers he picked up in limited time are playing well. 

Come down to Nick's on Kirkwood for a night and you will get all sorts of opinions!

Ugliest game I’ve witnessed in many years but glad State found a way to pull out the win at MD. Any win on the road in the B1G is Big.

3-way tie for first and Tom now alone at the top for all time B1G wins. 

#GOGREEN

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid road win for the Boilers. Purdue wins by 15 and yet Minnesota shot 47% from the field, 50% from three and had only 5 turnovers.  

A whole lot of these players are gonna need about 6 hours in the whirlpool after this one's over. Bruising game.

Good game for Purdue. 
A home win against a lesser opponent (on paper) should be a given but it doesn’t always play out that way in conference games. 
Great day for Ivey, Edey and Williams. 
Plus they covered the Over 😀

The Illini are nasty. I’d want no part of them in a one game tournament. Good shooters and a freak Center who is a good free throw shooter and doesn’t foul. 
That is a game to game thing.  One game his free throws look perfect, the next it is a completely different form.  I think that is part of the reason he did not go pro, last year he was like 45% from the line.

I have no idea what a foul is anymore, and this is going both ways and for/against the Illini.  One possession they call a ticky tack hand foul, the next someone drives to the basket and multiple people swing down on his arms and no call, then a moving pick is not called, then barely a charge is called.

I have no idea what a foul is anymore, and this is going both ways and for/against the Illini.  One possession they call a ticky tack hand foul, the next someone drives to the basket and multiple people swing down on his arms and no call, then a moving pick is not called, then barely a charge is called.
B1G has the absolute worst refs of any conference. Sending these guys to the Siberian gulag is too good for them.

The Illini are nasty. I’d want no part of them in a one game tournament. Good shooters and a freak Center who is a good free throw shooter and doesn’t foul. 
Sounds a lot like Purdue - that's a really good team.

I think the Big Ten is going to make some serious noise in the tourney this year. I'm just hoping the UM gets to join them.

So the shots clocks at Mackey Arena don’t have a decimal? I think I heard that right. It was at 2.4 seconds but the ref apparently thought the clock had reset to 24. 

Just happened again. More shot clock confusion at Mackey. First time I’ve seen this. 
You would think a big ten team could afford a shot clock that had a decimal point on it.  Very weird, and I needed to rewind like 3 times to figure it out the first time it happened.   I know Hummel said a memo was sent out, but if the refs don't understand it, how are the players supposed to.  Not the reason Illinois lost, just an odd thing. Illiinois going frigid from the 3 point line in the second half probably had more to do with it. And again there were fouls I didn't understand, or non fouls.  Pretty sure there was one Ivey drive were it looked like him and Devante Williams were holding hands.

Hopefully Kofi doesn't have anymore 7'-4" guys to go against.

Big win for Purdue, would love to see two more meetings...Big final, Final 4 or regional championship to allow Illini a chance to even the series with better clocks and less concussive play allowed.

Haven't watched game yet but have to give Boils a big prop for season sweep of Illinois... I...L...L...

Big win for Purdue, would love to see two more meetings...Big final, Final 4 or regional championship to allow Illini a chance to even the series with better clocks and less concussive play allowed.

Haven't watched game yet but have to give Boils a big prop for season sweep of Illinois... I...L...L...
Great game. 

You would think a big ten team could afford a shot clock that had a decimal point on it.  Very weird, and I needed to rewind like 3 times to figure it out the first time it happened.   I know Hummel said a memo was sent out, but if the refs don't understand it, how are the players supposed to.  Not the reason Illinois lost, just an odd thing. Illiinois going frigid from the 3 point line in the second half probably had more to do with it. And again there were fouls I didn't understand, or non fouls.  Pretty sure there was one Ivey drive were it looked like him and Devante Williams were holding hands.

Hopefully Kofi doesn't have anymore 7'-4" guys to go against.

It was kind of funny, especially for the announcer to note Purdue is famous for its engineering program. But yeah, it didn't have any effect on the outcome.  Great game as expected.

He did dominate in the second half but thought a lot of players stepped up last night. Hunter had a huge game. Morton and Gillis had some big buckets. Great team win with the bigs not playing great and Ivey shutdown in the first half.
Agreed. The role players hitting key shots and making key plays in the first half was huge. I love that Ivey let the game come to him instead of forcing bad shots or trying to make too much happen in the first half. I love the current rotation of players especially with Hunter stepping up the last 10 games or so. He's a big reason they've won 6 in a row because PG play was a big weak spot the first part of the schedule. 

It was kind of funny, especially for the announcer to note Purdue is famous for its engineering program. But yeah, it didn't have any effect on the outcome.  Great game as expected.
Yea, this is pretty embarrassing as a Purdue fan that they are the only team in the B10 who doesn't have this. I'm wondering if this will prompt them to upgrade.

Best Michigan has played this year. Looks like they may get a much, much needed win.
They've been playing great and gelling as a team. They played great in WL the first time they met.

Looks like Juwan Howard is pulling a Tom Izzo getting his team hot down the stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread