What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (3 Viewers)

That was probably Purdue’s worst played game of the season, they just weren’t sharp.
A win today and another B1G tournament championship would have been nice but I’m not sweating it. I just want them to go on a 6 game winning streak starting next Thursday or Friday 😎

Wow didn't expect Wisconsin to win at all. I thought they were out of the tournament based on recent play (3-8 in last 11 I believe coming into tourney). . Should vault them back in with this win.

ILL

What a freaking 2nd half by the Illini with 58 points. Best half of basketball they've played all season. TSJ is unstoppable going to the hoop. Broke Big Ten Tournament scoring record. Reminds me of early prime Harden in how he can get to the hoop whenever he wants. Think some NBA team will get a steal with his age moving him down even in a down draft (if he's cleared of the stuff in Kansas). I see a more physical Oubre Jr as his floor. Don't the OKC Thunder own like every pick for the next 10 drafts? He'd be a phenomenal fit there.

Still think Illini will be vulnerable in tourney if they get slowed down and with no true PG.

Last edited:
Still salty about Tyler Wahl's 5th foul but happy to extend the season a bit. Wisconsin will likely get a 5 seed or so, winnable first game but unlikely to see the second weekend.

I was at the Illinois game in Madison a couple weeks ago. It was a well-deserved win for Illinois but history doesn't necessarily have to repeat today - Crowl got in foul trouble early and local kid Marcus Damask went off for 31. He was unstoppable that day. Damask had last played in the Kohl Center 5 years earlier in the Wisconsin State Championship game his senior year.

Congratulations Illini fans. 🏆
There were quite a few very good games in this year’s tournament.
Here’s 🍻 to a successful B1G showing in the Big Dance….especially one team in particular.

Still salty about Tyler Wahl's 5th foul but happy to extend the season a bit. Wisconsin will likely get a 5 seed or so, winnable first game but unlikely to see the second weekend.

I was at the Illinois game in Madison a couple weeks ago. It was a well-deserved win for Illinois but history doesn't necessarily have to repeat today - Crowl got in foul trouble early and local kid Marcus Damask went off for 31. He was unstoppable that day. Damask had last played in the Kohl Center 5 years earlier in the Wisconsin State Championship game his senior year.
You could repeat this post for today's game.

MSU gets in for the 26th time. Surprised to be honest, but happily surprised. I think they got placed in the weakest of the four regions.

MSU gets in for the 26th time. Surprised to be honest, but happily surprised. I think they got placed in the weakest of the four regions.
I thought they were in big trouble with the way the conference tournaments played out. They are over-seeded as usual.

Now that I've typed that out for posterity, watch them run to the Final Four :lol:

ILL

Big 10 tourney champs. Still have major reservations of team. (They've slept walk through games all season. Obviously can't do it in a single elimination tourney). Shannon is just a downhill beast. NBA man playing against kids. I think he's perfect for NBA assuming no legal trouble before getting there

A real shame Ohio State didn't get in. Playing really good ball lately. JMO They're deserved it over Michigan State (also beat Spartans H2H on road). And I like Michigan State's talent. Just way too up and down.

Realize odds are really really slim (simply don't have the confidence they won't face plant) but hope to see Illini here in Phoenix/Glendale for Final Four :towelwave:

ILL

Big 10 tourney champs. Still have major reservations of team. (They've slept walk through games all season. Obviously can't do it in a single elimination tourney). Shannon is just a downhill beast. NBA man playing against kids. I think he's perfect for NBA assuming no legal trouble before getting there

A real shame Ohio State didn't get in. Playing really good ball lately. JMO They're deserved it over Michigan State (also beat Spartans H2H on road). And I like Michigan State's talent. Just way too up and down.

Realize odds are really really slim (simply don't have the confidence they won't face plant) but hope to see Illini here in Phoenix/Glendale for Final Four :towelwave:
Agree about tOSU. I think they could have gone further than MSU will. They have the killer instinct that MSU used to have. Glad to see tOSU kept Diebler on as HC. He is a motivator. Looking for good things in the years to come from his teams.

Indiana declined the NIT bid (among several others yesterday) while Ohio State accepted. No judgment from me but I really enjoyed Wisconsin's run in the NIT last season.

Indiana declined the NIT bid (among several others yesterday) while Ohio State accepted. No judgment from me but I really enjoyed Wisconsin's run in the NIT last season.
Sure they made a nice late season run. But the collapse against Nebraska and their complete disappearance during the middle of the season make this decision look ridiculous.

ILL

Agree about tOSU. I think they could have gone further than MSU will. They have the killer instinct that MSU used to have. Glad to see tOSU kept Diebler on as HC. He is a motivator. Looking for good things in the years to come from his teams.

The Izzo factor plays a role in this, for good reason. Just looking at last season I think MSU squeaked in as a middle seed and I believe were the only Big Ten team that made it to the second week.

Not many kill the portal like Underwood. Not a surprise after what he did with TSJ, Domask, Guerrier, Plummer, Mayer.

Has already scored hometown kid PG Kylan Boswell from Arizona, wing/4 Tre White from Louisville/USC, stretch 4 Calvin Booth's kid Carey from Notre Dame, and shooter Jake Davis from Mercer. Prioritizing shooting and upside👍

Asst coach Chester Frazier is leaving for WVU. illini Alum but not heartbroken. His guys are leaving (Epps/Hansberry/Sinciere Harris) and BU is prioritizing the portal. Again not heartbroken. Booth fits much better next to incoming freshman Morez who will play the 5. Hansberry will make an impact somewhere IMO but he was going to come off the bench at Illinois. Much like Dainja would have been.....which is why he transferred also. Frazier's replacement could also bring in another transfer. Will be a much in demand asst job. Frazier was one of the best paid assistants in CB

Hoping they can land Dante Maddox out of Toledo. Or another scorer.. Seems like might be longshot but Marcus Domask applying for waiver for 6th year.

IMO I think Illinois might be out on AJ Storr. He's going thru NBA process so will be a bit before he decides anyway. He's reportedly wanting a boatload in NIL and likely a 1 year guy

ILL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread