What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bigget Losser of the Day (Day 1) (1 Viewer)

BigTex

Don't mess with Texas
LenDale White – Talk about rolling downhill after your star moment. White reached his apex in the Rose Bowl, then plummeted down the side of a mountain without brakes. He showed up overweight at the combine, followed that up with a horrific pro day, then had a report of a failed drug test surface the week of the draft. When his downward spiral came to a rest, White had gone from top-10 material to the 45th overall pick. For those who are counting, that's a loss of about $8 million in guaranteed money.

$8 million.............8 million..............8 million

This goes to show, you just can't make on rep alone, White clearly over-valued himself.

LenDale White – Talk about rolling downhill after your star moment. White reached his apex in the Rose Bowl, then plummeted down the side of a mountain without brakes. He showed up overweight at the combine, followed that up with a horrific pro day, then had a report of a failed drug test surface the week of the draft. When his downward spiral came to a rest, White had gone from top-10 material to the 45th overall pick. For those who are counting, that's a loss of about $8 million in guaranteed money.

This goes to show, you just can't make on rep alone, White clearly over-valued himself.
No friggin way that this isn't Matt Lienart. No way. 8 million? Try $40 million for Lienart.

No friggin way that this isn't Matt Lienart. No way. 8 million? Try $40 million for Lienart.
Please explain your logic. :popcorn:

i'm pretty sure he's talking about going from the number one overall in the 2005 draft - see Alex Smith's contract, and 10th overall in 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm pretty sure he's talking about going from the number one overall in the 2005 draft - see Alex Smith's contract, and 10th overall in 2006.
Exactly. No logic needed. Fat Lendale was going in the 20-30 range either way. Lienart was supposed to go no later than NUMBER FRIGGIN ONE, he fell to ten. One to ten is the equivalent to lasting to the third round for a late first round guy. Lendale wont lost that much money, Lienart, literally, cost himself $40 million dollars to stay in college and party with a hasbeen backstreet boy and take ball room dancing. Hope it was worth it.....

Exactly. No logic needed. Fat Lendale was going in the 20-30 range either way. Lienart was supposed to go no later than NUMBER FRIGGIN ONE, he fell to ten. One to ten is the equivalent to lasting to the third round for a late first round guy. Lendale wont lost that much money, Lienart, literally, cost himself $40 million dollars to stay in college and party with a hasbeen backstreet boy and take ball room dancing. Hope it was worth it.....
Just to clarify, Mr. Jessica Simpson was never a Backstreet boy.

Sorry Mister boy band expert. :yucky:

A Backstreet Boy ripoff band might be even worse.

No need for thanks. And for the record the band was 98 Degrees. :bag:

Do we know for a "fact" that he would have been #1? Many thought it was a given that Bush would go #1 and he didn't. IMHO we don't know for a "fact."But, for the sake of a good argument let's say he would have been drafted #1.

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

He decided to stay in college to continue his education, therefore; taking himself on of the draft. Can we call a man a loser because he decided to continue his education? :no:

What do we know?

L. White

He came out early because he and most felt that he was either a top 3 (at minimum) rb and top ten draft pick. Yet, he shows up at the combine out of shape, over weight and full of excuses. He has numerous interviews saying how good he is and what a great back he is and what happened? Days before the draft reports come out that a top ten player has some issues and teams are staying away from him...................hello Ricky Williams II.

White's free fall was self-inflicted.

Do we know for a "fact" that he would have been #1? Many thought it was a given that Bush would go #1 and he didn't. IMHO we don't know for a "fact."But, for the sake of a good argument let's say he would have been drafted #1.

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

He decided to stay in college to continue his education, therefore; taking himself on of the draft. Can we call a man a loser because he decided to continue his education? :no:

What do we know?

L. White

He came out early because he and most felt that he was either a top 3 (at minimum) rb and top ten draft pick. Yet, he shows up at the combine out of shape, over weight and full of excuses. He has numerous interviews saying how good he is and what a great back he is and what happened? Days before the draft reports come out that a top ten player has some issues and teams are staying away from him...................hello Ricky Williams II.

Well ,lets see, the 49ers took Alex Smith with the number 1 overall pick. I am going to go out on a limb and say there is a pretty good chance the 49ers would have taken a far better Matt Lienart. The guy took one class, ball room dancing, it isn't like he went back to school to wrap up his last 12 credits in molecular biology. You think he couldn't have finished up his last 2 units in summer school if he was that concerned about his education? :rolleyes:

No one said he was a loser. He was a loser in the draft but not a loser as a person.

:lmao: :lmao: Funny, but no way Texasmouth, people were even saying that White maybe better the Bush, some on this very board. Many saw him in the top 10. Now if your talking strictly money then yes Lienart lost more money (today) compared to Fat Boy. But again I can't knock a man for continuing his education.If Fat Boy continues on the path he's on, he'll be out of the league when his rookie contract is up, Matt got drafted by the Cards, he'll have two of the best wr #1 and #2 in the league and Edge in the backfield (2007).

Matt will not see his rookie contract expire, he'll see it extended to the highest paid QB in the NFL (IMHO).

No need for thanks. And for the record the band was 98 Degrees. :bag:
Go hijack another thread. :boxing:

:lmao: :lmao: Funny, but no way Texasmouth, people were even saying that White maybe better the Bush, some on this very board. Many saw him in the top 10. Now if your talking strictly money then yes Lienart lost more money (today) compared to Fat Boy. But again I can't knock a man for continuing his education.If Fat Boy continues on the path he's on, he'll be out of the league when his rookie contract is up, Matt got drafted by the Cards, he'll have two of the best wr #1 and #2 in the league and Edge in the backfield (2007).

Matt will not see his rookie contract expire, he'll see it extended to the highest paid QB in the NFL (IMHO).
Who? There was not one person who said White would go before Bush. I dont care if anyone thought he was better or not, NO ONE ON THIS PLANET said White would go before Bush, that is a ridiculous comment. I cant beleive you even typed that. You have yet to make one valid point. Not even once. :rolleyes:

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

:lmao: Continue his education? You're joking right? He took one class: ballroom dancing. He stayed to try to win another Heisman and NC. Good enough reasons, but let's not get carried away about this being a choice about education.

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

What do we know?

L. White

Well ,lets see, the 49ers took Alex Smith with the number 1 overall pick. I am going to go out on a limb and say there is a pretty good chance the 49ers would have taken a far better Matt Lienart. The guy took one class, ball room dancing, it isn't like he went back to school to wrap up his last 12 credits in molecular biology. You think he couldn't have finished up his last 2 units in summer school if he was that concerned about his education? :rolleyes:

No one said he was a loser. He was a loser in the draft but not a loser as a person.
Prety good chance yes, know for a "fact" no, we don't know for a fact.So, what you're saying is, in a calendar school year he only took ONE class and that class was ball room dancing? :unsure: I'm I understanding you correctly?

Understood.

Well ,lets see, the 49ers took Alex Smith with the number 1 overall pick. I am going to go out on a limb and say there is a pretty good chance the 49ers would have taken a far better Matt Lienart.

The guy took one class, ball room dancing, it isn't like he went back to school to wrap up his last 12 credits in molecular biology. You think he couldn't have finished up his last 2 units in summer school if he was that concerned about his education? :rolleyes:

Leinart may have lost out in the short term contract-wise, but he was a big winner in going to AZ with all of their weapons vs. going to SF last year as the #1. We'll see whose career is on a better track in the next couple of years between Leinart and Smith, and who commands the bigger contract due to that success when the time comes for them to hit the FA market. My guess is that Leinart makes back the money he lost after playing alongside Edge, Fitz and Boldin for 5 years.

Leinhart didn't lose $40M, the total value of NFL contracts is useless. He did lose probably around $20M (assuming he gets something like 5M guaranteed).

However, he's in a much better situation than Alex Smith. Wouldn't suprise me in the least to see Leinhart succeed immensely in Arizona and get a massive contract in 3 years, while Smith may have topped out what he'll make.

Don't understand the animosity towards Leinhart for making decisions about his own freakin' life - it's not like he cost you $40M.

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

What do we know?

L. White

Prety good chance yes, know for a "fact" no, we don't know for a fact.So, what you're saying is, in a calendar school year he only took ONE class and that class was ball room dancing? :unsure: I'm I understanding you correctly?

Understood.
Yes, in a calendar school year, he took one class, ball room dancing, that is pretty common knowledge.I wont argue that he is in a much better situation in Arizona, but that wasn't the question. He fell from Number 2 a month ago, to number 10. No one expected this guy to make it past 4.

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

What do we know?

L. White

Prety good chance yes, know for a "fact" no, we don't know for a fact.
Why do you keep harping on "know for a fact." We don't "know for a fact" that White would have gone in the Top 10 even under the best of circumstances (stayed in shape, performed well during workouts, no off the field problems, etc.). It's all speculation.

Who? There was not one person who said White would go before Bush. I dont care if anyone thought he was better or not, NO ONE ON THIS PLANET said White would go before Bush, that is a ridiculous comment. I cant beleive you even typed that. You have yet to make one valid point. Not even once. :rolleyes:
#1. Lighten up, it's not that serious#2. Don't take it personal

#3. I never, ever said White would go before Bush, those are your words not mine, I typed no such thing.

Texasmouth, people were even saying that White maybe better the Bush, some on this very board.
Where in this quote did I say White would go before Bush, please show me, because I don't see it.On this board, there were threads in which some thought White was better than Bush, different styles but better player.

#4. If I haven't made one valid point as you've stated then I quess you haven't either because I agreed with you.

#1. Lighten up, it's not that serious#2. Don't take it personal

#3. I never, ever said White would go before Bush, those are your words not mine, I typed no such thing.

Texasmouth, people were even saying that White maybe better the Bush, some on this very board.
Where in this quote did I say White would go before Bush, please show me, because I don't see it.On this board, there were threads in which some thought White was better than Bush, different styles but better player.

#4. If I haven't made one valid point as you've stated then I quess you haven't either because I agreed with you.
Yes, that is what I said, you said some people thought White was better and I said, even if they did no one on the planet thought he would be drafted first.

Well ,lets see, the 49ers took Alex Smith with the number 1 overall pick. I am going to go out on a limb and say there is a pretty good chance the 49ers would have taken a far better Matt Lienart.

The guy took one class, ball room dancing, it isn't like he went back to school to wrap up his last 12 credits in molecular biology. You think he couldn't have finished up his last 2 units in summer school if he was that concerned about his education?  :rolleyes:

Leinart may have lost out in the short term contract-wise, but he was a big winner in going to AZ with all of their weapons vs. going to SF last year as the #1. We'll see whose career is on a better track in the next couple of years between Leinart and Smith, and who commands the bigger contract due to that success when the time comes for them to hit the FA market. My guess is that Leinart makes back the money he lost after playing alongside Edge, Fitz and Boldin for 5 years.
:goodposting: You see the Big Picture, great post.

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

:lmao: Continue his education? You're joking right? He took one class: ballroom dancing. He stayed to try to win another Heisman and NC. Good enough reasons, but let's not get carried away about this being a choice about education.
I have been informed in the ways of my error, thank you. :bag:

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

What do we know?

L. White

Why do you keep harping on "know for a fact." We don't "know for a fact" that White would have gone in the Top 10 even under the best of circumstances (stayed in shape, performed well during workouts, no off the field problems, etc.). It's all speculation.
White did everything to hurt his draft position, Matt did otherwise. Therefore, making him biggest loser. If White had been in shape and didn't look like a Fat piece of goo, if he had taken the NFL combine, the Pro days, and Private days seriously; there is no doubt in my mind that he would have selected in the first round be he caused he's own free fall.Matt participated in everything in one way are another.

What do we know?

Matt Leinert

What do we know?

L. White

White did everything to hurt his draft position, Matt did otherwise. Therefore, making him biggest loser. If White had been in shape and didn't look like a Fat piece of goo, if he had taken the NFL combine, the Pro days, and Private days seriously; there is no doubt in my mind that he would have selected in the first round be he caused he's own free fall.Matt participated in everything in one way are another.
I understand your thinking here, but that has nothing to do with my point. You're the one who keeps saying "we don't know for a fact that Leinart would have gone number one." Well, we don't know for a fact that White would have gone in the first round. In other words, your "we don't know for a fact" point does nothing to advance your argument.

Umm Matt Leinart probably had one of the greatest years anyone has ever had over the past 12 months... In retrospect, it could be worth the money he lost from #1 to #10. He'll make back a lot of it in endorsements and such anyways, and he's still a multi-millionaire...

Leinart is my hero after what he did this past year.

Umm Matt Leinart probably had one of the greatest years anyone has ever had over the past 12 months... In retrospect, it could be worth the money he lost from #1 to #10. He'll make back a lot of it in endorsements and such anyways, and he's still a multi-millionaire...

Some things are more important than money. But, in addition to whatever amount he lost from the contract reduction going from #1 to #10, he also lost a year of income at the beginning of his career. That's a lot of coin.

A lot of these numbers are overblown since so many of these contracts are backloaded and nobody sees the end of them anyway with contracts being restructured.

There was a loss of money to be sure, but not in the amounts you are talking about in terms of guaranteed dollars.

Not Leinart's fault the Titans made the wrong decision.

:shrug:

It's pretty ironic that we keep arguing over which player lost the most money on draft day, and the debate is back and forth between the wrong USC pair.

It's pretty ironic that we keep arguing over which player lost the most money on draft day, and the debate is back and forth between the wrong USC pair.
It is?
Reggie Bush probably lost about $8M guaranteed (he'll probably end up with $22M, thought he was getting $30M), and Winston Justice had a similar dropoff (early to mid 1st to early 2nd)At least Leinart (unbelievable supporting cast) and White (reunited with his college OC) have a lot of positives about where they went.

It is?
Reggie Bush probably lost about $8M guaranteed (he'll probably end up with $22M, thought he was getting $30M), and Winston Justice had a similar dropoff (early to mid 1st to early 2nd)At least Leinart (unbelievable supporting cast) and White (reunited with his college OC) have a lot of positives about where they went.
Bush doesn't have positives where he went being selected #2 overall? :confused:

Some things are more important than money. But, in addition to whatever amount he lost from the contract reduction going from #1 to #10, he also lost a year of income at the beginning of his career. That's a lot of coin.
Nothing is more important than money in this aspect: why do people go to college in the first place? To get a better job to make more money. I have a Master's degree, I will never sniff a tenth of the money Lienart lost to get his degree. What is he going to do with his degree? Lets be honest here.......

Leinhart didn't lose $40M, the total value of NFL contracts is useless. He did lose probably around $20M (assuming he gets something like 5M guaranteed).

However, he's in a much better situation than Alex Smith. Wouldn't suprise me in the least to see Leinhart succeed immensely in Arizona and get a massive contract in 3 years, while Smith may have topped out what he'll make.

Don't understand the animosity towards Leinhart for making decisions about his own freakin' life - it's not like he cost you $40M.
In this NFL a 4 win team can make a turn around and get to the playoffs the following year. Just look at the Chargers from 2003 to 2004. It's a terrible excuse to say it was the right decision because he went to a better situation. Fact of the matter is that he lost probably about 30 million dollars in the prime of his career just to take Ballroom dancing, and attempt a 2nd NC. In fact all he did was help Bush climb up the draft chart.

It is?
Good points. Plus Leinart now knows ballroom dancing. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread