What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (2 Viewers)

Could you guys flesh out your opinion please? Im looking to throw $500 at something just to get my feet wet. Should have bought this at 1 cent. 
I was just trying to be funny. 

But all these #### coins are really risky when you don't understand and have insight to their workings and designs. Could lose all your money. 

That's reasonable. My view is that crypto is almost like a riskier version of tech/bio stocks. You get less risk but likely less return with AMZN, APPL, BTC, ETH, etc. The #### coins are almost like CYDY but with smarter (I'd have to assume) leaders. They may moon or they may crash. 

While out walking the dog at 7:00 AM this morning I passed a dude walking his pup who said, out of the blue, "random tip for the day - buy dogecoin."  Looks like at that time it was up 40% in 24 hours.  

Reminds me of the "when your Uber driver starts giving you stock tips, the bubble is about to burst" thing.

there will be a correct - what until after Elon is on SNL  - then I am dumping DOGE
Exactly.  If you have any Doge, I'd be selling it all about 2 am Sunday morning.  

Anyone get in on Telcoin this past week?  I got pretty lucky and snagged it at .007.  Sold my initial investment and letting the rest ride to .02.  Its currently sitting at .019. 

It would likely go higher, but I'm trying to bag these big swings and move on.    

So I put 3,000 into Doge in January because my little brother mentioned it to me. I wanted to do some penny stocks and decided why not roll the dice with Doge. My 3,000 dollars got me about 119,000 coins with an avg price of about 2 cents. After continuously debating on when to sell and how much, I sold some today. My account was around 70K from the 3,000 dollar investment 😂🤣😂🤣😂. I sold 19,000 coins for 10K just in case this thing ever crashes. Now I'll be riding my remaining 100K shares of Doge priced at 2 pennies to the moon! Crazy day today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly.  If you have any Doge, I'd be selling it all about 2 am Sunday morning.  

Anyone get in on Telcoin this past week?  I got pretty lucky and snagged it at .007.  Sold my initial investment and letting the rest ride to .02.  Its currently sitting at .019. 

It would likely go higher, but I'm trying to bag these big swings and move on.    
I think it goes down huge on Saturday just like the Doge Day thing. Doing the same thing, building up until the day only to fall like a rock. 

While out walking the dog at 7:00 AM this morning I passed a dude walking his pup who said, out of the blue, "random tip for the day - buy dogecoin."  Looks like at that time it was up 40% in 24 hours.  

Reminds me of the "when your Uber driver starts giving you stock tips, the bubble is about to burst" thing.
All I know is that this doesn’t sound like a rational approach to investing from the CNBC article:

“If there becomes enough of a community around an asset, and that community decides to effectively create long-term value through some form of declining supply cap over time, that could actually equate to a valuable currency,” said Mike Bucella, BlockTower Capital general partner.

The real value is in today’s meme-driven culture and doge represents the network value of memetics, which may prove to be enormous. If at some point, the DOGE community decides to implement a burn or new supply mechanism, via a protocol hard fork, then this value will have a higher likelihood of being retained long-term.”

So am I waaaayyyyyyy too late to learn and become a part of whatever is going on? My brother-in-law says it's not difficult.

So am I waaaayyyyyyy too late to learn and become a part of whatever is going on? My brother-in-law says it's not difficult.
come on in - the water is warm

1) Open Coinbase account

2) Fund Account

3) Profit

Doge  - probably too risky at this point but can be bought on Robinhood or Uphold

ETH  - Just getting started

BTC  - still a good buy if you find the dips

HTH

Explain this to me like Im 5. 

Ironically, one of the Enron dudes who didnt go to jail lived 3 houses over from me. Dude added a addition that tripled his house size back then. They moved away about 6 years ago. 
It was created as a joke and is literally a copy of bitcoin (like litecoin) with a dumb name. These meme stocks and coins are going to end badly. That's not saying you can't make money on them but don't be greedy and tread lightly. This feels like buying GME at $400. It'll probably go up a little more but the drop will be quick and hard. 

It was created as a joke and is literally a copy of bitcoin (like litecoin) with a dumb name. These meme stocks and coins are going to end badly. That's not saying you can't make money on them but don't be greedy and tread lightly. This feels like buying GME at $400. It'll probably go up a little more but the drop will be quick and hard. 
Elon gonna add a nice chunk to his fortune and leave all the rubes holding the bag

What's the next Doge?  I know that's the million dollar question, but what are you taking stabs on?  Safemoon seems meme-like, but also a little more legit.  I know there are others catching your eye though.  Looking to dump a few hundred into something.  Or spread it out in smaller chunks?

Is there an unwritten rule on when to move crypto from say Coinbase to a wallet?  I guess that's my biggest hurdle right now.  I don't understand the need for both.  

Is there an unwritten rule on when to move crypto from say Coinbase to a wallet?  I guess that's my biggest hurdle right now.  I don't understand the need for both.  
Cold storage wallet is safest (assuming you don't lose it or lock yourself out)... ideal for long term storage. Can't be hacked/stolen without taking physical possession of the device. 

Coinbase is best for short term storage / trading. It's likely very safe... until it isn't. The history of Crytpo is littered with sites/platforms getting hacked or simply shuttering and running. Likely low risk with Coinbase, but the risk is there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the next Doge?  I know that's the million dollar question, but what are you taking stabs on?  Safemoon seems meme-like, but also a little more legit.  I know there are others catching your eye though.  Looking to dump a few hundred into something.  Or spread it out in smaller chunks?
I’ll be the resident safemoon honk... they have projects coming up soon that should provide a nice bump:

1. They’re creating their own wallet

2. they’re creating their own game

3. they’re creating their own exchange

Additionally, they are working on something called Project Pheonix (that’s spelled correctly). It’s a secret at the moment, but they are releasing details in 10 days or so.

There’s also the possibility (likelihood?) that they’ll be listed on coin base and/or binance. They’re already listed on several other exchanges, just not the big ones yet. They’re approaching 2M holders, and have dominated social media mentions for the past 7-10 days.

Add all of that to their initiatives to serve the “un-banked” in Africa.

I’m holding a decent bag (actually bought a chunk more yesterday) so take this fwiw, but I absolutely see room for some nice short and long term growth.

Bepro

I came this close to buying Etherium Classic two days ago.

I'd love to know why it went from $65 yesterday to a high of $150 today. And it was only $15 a month ago.

I’ll be the resident safemoon honk... they have projects coming up soon that should provide a nice bump:

Additionally, they are working on something called Project Pheonix (that’s spelled correctly). It’s a secret at the moment, but they are releasing details in 10 days or so.

There’s also the possibility (likelihood?) that they’ll be listed on coin base and/or binance. They’re already listed on several other exchanges, just not the big ones yet. They’re approaching 2M holders, and have dominated social media mentions for the past 7-10 days.

I’m holding a decent bag (actually bought a chunk more yesterday) so take this fwiw, but I absolutely see room for some nice short and long term growth.
My understanding was that they were not going to list on coinbase because they are in the process of creating their on exchange.  Could be wrong.  Picked up 30mil a week or so ago.

Just got 5000 Telcoin at .023. Coworker mentioned it and after reading up on it I like the angle they are taking...trying to make mobile purchasing easier/cheaper.

I didn't want to go too honk-y in my post hoping for some conversation of others as well....but this is a good post.  I've been digging into this one more than anything else right now.  Still waiting for my BNB to "clear" so I can get in the game, I think it's a 7 day wait.  

come on in - the water is warm

1) Open Coinbase account

2) Fund Account

3) Profit

Doge  - probably too risky at this point but can be bought on Robinhood or Uphold

ETH  - Just getting started

BTC  - still a good buy if you find the dips

HTH
Can't buy DOGE or XRP on Coinbase.  ETC has done extremely well recently.  

I came this close to buying Etherium Classic two days ago.

I'd love to know why it went from $65 yesterday to a high of $150 today. And it was only $15 a month ago.
I dropped $10 on Etherium Christmas day...cause that's how I roll. Lighting my cigars with dollar bills now. Any advice y'all need, lemme know #highroller

so does everybody think that doge is at a high right now?

I'm super new to this, mostly think it's a ponzi scam, but certainly seems there is opportunity to make money in the short term

so does everybody think that doge is at a high right now?

I'm super new to this, mostly think it's a ponzi scam, but certainly seems there is opportunity to make money in the short term
noone really knows but my guess is yes.  It may go up through the SNL appearance. But i think at some point shortly thereafter its coming down quick.

beer 30 said:
I dropped $10 on Etherium Christmas day...cause that's how I roll. Lighting my cigars with dollar bills now. Any advice y'all need, lemme know #highroller
Buddy who is clueless with this S got brow best into buying Etherium.  Put 5K on coinbase last week and fired.  

he bought Etherium classic 

Such a luckbox

Good timing, I was just looking, too. You are able to buy it on Kraken.

Edit: But not if you live in NY or WA
Kucoin also can be used to buy it.  Probably your easiest route is to buy btc on coinbase then xfer to kucoin or kracken then purchase.  Just note that Coinbase makes you wait a certain amount of time before you can transfer and some of those exchanges need to validate your account before you can trade.  Though i believe kucoin is pretty quick.  But it’s not the most user friendly but YouTube is your friend.  

also use a very strong password, 2fa and get your coins off the exchange when you can.  

Cardano on a nice bump lately
Cardano is looking really good.  Still waiting on Ren and Bat to follow suit.  

I got out of Tel too early.  No regrets taking 200% profit though.  But its more than doubled again since I sold.  

SYLO, VRA and CHZ are the ones I moved the profits too.  Good luck to all, this is looking like a fun day.  

Sorry that title is already taken.

we going to the moon Bro.  we fam Bro.  Safemoon Bro we fam and we going to the moon together just HODL.

such rubbish but I own a bunch.  

Users who are viewing this thread