What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (7 Viewers)

Seen several analysts predicting the new bottom will be ~20K in the next month or two. Still haven't broken the $25K-and-change resistance point that will be needed for the next leg up.

In other news:
For those scoring at home, Mt Gox peeps got their BTC at around ~$900 and will be receiving approximately, on average, $900K worth of BTC I believe, on March 10th. Sooooo, when they get control of their BTC back, they're almost certainly going to sell and take some profits. I would lol. That's almost certainly going to drive us down. $20K is the resistance point that makes the most sense. Going pretty much all in at $20K here. I think this is the lowest point we will see ever again. #notfinancialadvice

Last edited:
Reactions: KGB
Seen several analysts predicting the new bottom will be ~20K in the next month or two. Still haven't broken the $25K-and-change resistance point that will be needed for the next leg up.

In other news:
For those scoring at home, Mt Gox peeps got their BTC at around ~$900 and will be receiving approximately, on average, $900K worth of BTC I believe, on March 10th. Sooooo, when they get control of their BTC back, they're almost certainly going to sell and take some profits. I would lol. That's almost certainly going to drive us down. $20K is the resistance point that makes the most sense. Going pretty much all in at $20K here. I think this is the lowest point we will see ever again. #notfinancialadvice
I dont think it will alll be released at once. at least thats what I read like a year ago.

Thoughts?

In other news:
I dont think it will alll be released at once. at least thats what I read like a year ago.

Thoughts?
Yeah, that is true.
Creditors are expected to receive early repayments from March 10 onward, while the deadline for such payments to be completed is September 30, according to a January statement. This is for the first tranche of repayments — including early lump sum payments and intermediate payments — with further amounts set to come later.​

@Nathan R. Jessep

Im in a bit, but do you know anything about this "Arbitrum One" stuff.

I guess its kinda another fork of eth? are you gambling on it?

I have a bit of GMX and GLP (Arbitrum) from a friend.

next cool thing? im even but what do you think?

I think it will be a competitor of pulsechain if it ever come out, but I dont care if its a win.

Thoughts?

@Nathan R. Jessep

I think it will be a competitor of pulsechain if it ever come out, but I dont care if its a win.

Thoughts?
I'm not sure, personally. My guy has mentioned it a couple of times. Have seen on Twitter that it will compete fiercely with ETH blockchain.

My day in the sun finally came yesterday, the long awaited Voyager settlement check arrived in the mail. I was giddy knowing full well I would be recouping at least some percentage of my hard earned investment. Sifting through all the legal documentation, pouring over it late into the night trying to understand all the ramifications from this life changing decision I was about to make...it all culminated yesterday as I slowly opened the envelope and gazed upon the amount I had worked so hard for.

Now what to do with that $0.78 :thumbup:

My day in the sun finally came yesterday, the long awaited Voyager settlement check arrived in the mail. I was giddy knowing full well I would be recouping at least some percentage of my hard earned investment. Sifting through all the legal documentation, pouring over it late into the night trying to understand all the ramifications from this life changing decision I was about to make...it all culminated yesterday as I slowly opened the envelope and gazed upon the amount I had worked so hard for.

oh man

Did you have to file anything or was it just based on having money in it? I had a huge deposit of $100 to get that free $100, so probably a whole $80 worth now. I’m interested to see what kind of windfall I might get!

Did you have to file anything or was it just based on having money in it? I had a huge deposit of $100 to get that free $100, so probably a whole $80 worth now. I’m interested to see what kind of windfall I might get!
Give it a try, same as my story, invested $100 to get $100. Immediately dropped and never recovered, I think I had $80 in it when I pulled it out.

Give it a try, same as my story, invested $100 to get $100. Immediately dropped and never recovered, I think I had $80 in it when I pulled it out.

Had to file by October but based on your settlement amount, no point. I had basically the same thing so no need to work for less than a $1.

BTC Price
$20,044.53

big up or big down from here.

i say we hit 21 before 19
It will likely wiggle back and forth between the 2, as this is one of the major resistance points. The next major point to the downside is 12-14K and upside is ~25K (as we just witnessed recently). I don't think we'll go down to the 12-14K, but with the larger than expected rate hikes coming, who knows. Could take us down there again. I'm deploying some funds now though, as this very well could be the lowest we ever see BTC again.

Black swan event 🚨 Thus far we have held up ~20K BTC, but who knows what the fallout of this SVB thing will be. I have a feeling more dominoes will fall, which could push us down below the 19-20K support level. I think it will depend on what the Fed does with this situation. We were set for a bigger-than-expected rate hike. Will they pivot now? Who knows.

Deployed some funds just in case we don't fall. Ready for further deployment if we do. #notfinancialadvice

what the heck

$22,732.24 up 2,303,076.83% lol

I think it just launched. currently the #4 token overall WTF
Whole bunch of trading volume then nothing. Looks like rug pull stuff to me, but who knows. Never heard of it. Just another of the 20K cryptos :lol:

what the heck

$22,732.24 up 2,303,076.83% lol

I think it just launched. currently the #4 token overall WTF
Whole bunch of trading volume then nothing. Looks like rug pull stuff to me, but who knows. Never heard of it. Just another of the 20K cryptos :lol:
yeah, I just found it interesting. currently at a buck lol

BTC - $24,313.37

nice
$26.3k this AM! :eek: I believe 25.5 is the line of demarcation for breaking the previous resistance levels, IIRC. So 24 wasn't a big deal (we saw that in the last few weeks), but 26 is huge. If we print another candle tomorrow above 25.5, it will be significant.

Nice little pump. Sniffing 27K this morning, but same as the other day. I need to see 2 days in a row above ~25.5K to think we are bullish.
The major thing to consider here is, as it has been, the strength of the US Dollar ($DXY). It's down a bit due to the And I think the FED is about to strengthen the dollar, which will bring crypto back down. Good time to scalp some profits if you're into that sort of thing.
#notfinancialadvice

Nice little pump. Sniffing 27K this morning, but same as the other day. I need to see 2 days in a row above ~25.5K to think we are bullish.
The major thing to consider here is, as it has been, the strength of the US Dollar ($DXY). It's down a bit due to the And I think the FED is about to strengthen the dollar, which will bring crypto back down. Good time to scalp some profits if you're into that sort of thing.
#notfinancialadvice
BTC - $27,154.04 niiiiiice

#notfinancialadvice
if we close above 27 (30 mins from now), we will go to 30 pretty easily. :coffee:

#notfinancialadvice
if we close above 27 (30 mins from now), we will go to 30 pretty easily. :coffee:
What does "close" mean with BTC?

#notfinancialadvice
Daily candles. And I think weeklys also are Fridays. 27 today means we are above the weekly moving average and above the ~25.5 resistance point which has been pretty stubborn.

HEX buy $0.020662 for quite a bit

3X 300% from JAN.

my 2k to 1MM wont happen. im selling this summer to pay off some stuff. but currently $2k to $100K is where im at
HEX up 10%. $2K to $110K now :banned:

Happy STP
🍀

#notfinancialadvice
Daily candles. And I think weeklys also are Fridays. 27 today means we are above the weekly moving average and above the ~25.5 resistance point which has been pretty stubborn.
Had that wrong... weekly closes on 3/20.

Interesting that the alt coins aren't pumping to the degree BTC is. Bank bs has people scared. They are sticking with BTC.
Isn't there like a alt coin season vs btc season?
Can't say for sure bc I wasn't investing in the last bull market, but generally BTC pulls Alt coins with it. There will be % gainers/losers of course, but BTC still drives the boat. This might be normal, I guess I just expected bigger Altcoin pumps, but it's still early in this surge. I'm in for the long run anyway, so not doing much trading, just stacking.

Have seen several technical analysts saying they think we will come back down. Some are saying down bigly. 25.2k, ~20k, 12-14k seem to be the support/resistant points, should we drop again. It makes sense (to me) if the fed prints money and strengthens the dollar again. Would be bad for everything, but it could happen to stop banks from collapsing. Several are saying that this is likely just a rally. The predicted actual bull run is still another year to year and a half away. (BTC halving cycle being the catalyst). As for me, I'm still DCA'ing (smaller amounts during this pump) into my watchlisted projects for the long haul.

@Nathan R. Jessep

Thoughts?
I had to come back and find this... ran into an interesting thread on Twitter this morning that mentioned GMX. On an exchange called VELA. 2 other mentioned in the same thread were GNS and DYDX. They had very intriguing things to say about them (and the exchange).
Another one I've seen in multiple places now is GRAIL (Camelot DEX).

Going to make some small moves if I can figure out where I can buy them. Man, the gas fees are tough on some of these.

@Nathan R. Jessep

Thoughts?
I had to come back and find this... ran into an interesting thread on Twitter this morning that mentioned GMX. On an exchange called VELA. 2 other mentioned in the same thread were GNS and DYDX. They had very intriguing things to say about them (and the exchange).
Another one I've seen in multiple places now is GRAIL (Camelot DEX).

Going to make some small moves if I can figure out where I can buy them. Man, the gas fees are tough on some of these.
Nice!

im even on GLP but up over 10% on GMX.

I had a friend help me buy, but here are some bookmarks I saved when buying

I bought on Arbitrum with metamask. I had to switch metamask to Arbitrum in the top right hand corner of MM

Users who are viewing this thread