What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom 100 for 2021 Rookies? (1 Viewer)

The other day on the episode of on the the couch he said he had Pitts as his #1 overall player.   Stock ppr

sounded like the full list would be out soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Always my top two releases of the year.  Bloom 100 pre draft

Bloom 100 post draft

cant believe he posted “The Week in NFL News - 4/22” today prior to the Bloom 100.  C’mon Sigmund, we’re waiting...

Teaser - Bloom was on the Saturday2Sunday podcast recently.  At that time he said his #1 was Kyle Pitts.  

Heavy on the IDP in the first two rounds, and I can't say I disagree with him one bit. That's nice confirmation to have, as I thought it might be that way.

Heavy on the IDP in the first two rounds, and I can't say I disagree with him one bit. That's nice confirmation to have, as I thought it might be that way.
He made me feel better about my 3rd round picks. Don't think it'll swing what I do at 2.8 and 2.9, but I'm giving it more thought now than I did 6 hours ago.

He made me feel better about my 3rd round picks. Don't think it'll swing what I do at 2.8 and 2.9, but I'm giving it more thought now than I did 6 hours ago.
I've only got seven, and they're all in the first two rounds besides a fifth, so he made me rethink what I had suspected. I'm now thinking harder about the nagging truth of this draft. He also completely solidified my hopeful 2.4.

I've only got seven, and they're all in the first two rounds besides a fifth, so he made me rethink what I had suspected. I'm now thinking harder about the nagging truth of this draft. He also completely solidified my hopeful 2.4.
What truth?

Typo on Brevin Jordan; did not play at Stanford.

He's down on one darling RB in this draft, but I think he will leap up high if he goes to the right situation (like say, ATL).

Don't want to spotlight too much, but if I may shed a little light, I was pleased to see where he ranked Elijah Moore, but confused by the statement that he's "not a true burner."  Didn't he run a 4.35 at Pro Day (Yes, I know Pro Day clocks tend to favor players over combine clocks), but  I think his speed and separation ability (aka, hips) make him an elite prospect.  If I may error on the side of hyperbole, he reminds me of Marvin Harrison.

ETA: Just looked it up, Googlepedia says Marvin Harrison was 6'0"/179.  I thought he was a little more compact.

Can't wait to digest this all on the weekend after the landing spots heave been determined. 

What truth?
Well, it's a nagging truth that's not set in stone, and it's only a feeling I have given the analysts, but given my roster, I don't think that the offensive players are worth the risk in the late second over defensive players that might step right in and contribute at linebacker (which is the position with the greatest variance in points and potential to score points in my league). And that's both the WRs and RBs. He's got Parsons going in the first, and JOK, Zaven Collins, Jamin Davis, and Nick Bolton all in that 17-25 range where I have three picks.

Don't want to spotlight too much, but if I may shed a little light, I was pleased to see where he ranked Elijah Moore, but confused by the statement that he's "not a true burner."  Didn't he run a 4.35 at Pro Day (Yes, I know Pro Day clocks tend to favor players over combine clocks), but  I think his speed and separation ability (aka, hips) make him an elite prospect. 
Yes. He smoked his pro day. I don't where Bloom is coming from with that.

Well, it's a nagging truth that's not set in stone, and it's only a feeling I have given the analysts, but given my roster, I don't think that the offensive players are worth the risk in the late second over defensive players that might step right in and contribute at linebacker (which is the position with the greatest variance in points and potential to score points in my league). And that's both the WRs and RBs. He's got Parsons going in the first, and JOK, Zaven Collins, Jamin Davis, and Nick Bolton all in that 17-25 range where I have three picks.
For me I think Zach Wilson, Trey Sermon, both tight ends, Tylan Wallace, Nico Colllins, Dyami Brown, and Josh Palmer (maybe Seth Williams) could all jump them sometime Friday. I'd bet on at least a couple-few of them. They may be riskier, but scared money don't make money.

My confirmation bias was tickled some with his rankings of Gainwell and Carter though.

For me I think Zach Wilson, Trey Sermon, both tight ends, Tylan Wallace, Nico Colllins, Dyami Brown, and Josh Palmer (maybe Seth Williams) could all jump them sometime Friday. I'd bet on at least a couple-few of them. They may be riskier, but scared money don't make money.

My confirmation bias was tickled some with his rankings of Gainwell and Carter though.
I've got Sermon, Wallace, Collins, and Dyami Brown as risks worth taking, too. We're on the same page, I think. Also with respect to Gainwell and Carter. I don't need Zach Wilson because I have Mahomes, and if I go that route, I'm going running ability and upside at QB rather than certainty. I also was heartened by his Williams at sixteen pick. These boards are alive with the sound of Javonte Williams, and I don't see it.

I've got Sermon, Wallace, Collins, and Dyami Brown as risks worth taking, too. We're on the same page, I think. Also with respect to Gainwell and Carter. I don't need Zach Wilson because I have Mahomes, and if I go that route, I'm going running ability and upside at QB rather than certainty. I also was heartened by his Williams at sixteen pick. These boards are alive with the sound of Javonte Williams, and I don't see it.
I have Sam Howell in a devy and watched a lot of UNC ball last year. Williams and Carter were...fine, but the top level appeal has never registered with me either. I've read enough to think I may be wrong about Williams, but unless something head spinning happens Friday I'm out on Carter. 

I don't need a qb either, but I'm still planning to pick one from this crop. Wilson will probably be #4 though.

Whatever it's worth, I've felt the same about this draft overall and these 2nd-3rd round picks (and scarily all the names discussed since the quoted post) as both rockaction and MAC_32.  Here's to consensus. 

My feeling is there is more volatility around these 2nd-3rd round offensive players due to landing spot than I've felt in recent drafts.  Rather than a "I suspect talented enough to hit" it's more of a "scheme dependent upside" which is certainly always in play but for whatever reason I feel that risk more than usual this year, especially vs 2020.  

I've got a few nagging concerns on some of the EDGE/DE and LB Collins vs where Bloom has them, but they're mostly minor and again can be answered by landing spot.  Overall though, I'm pretty in line with Bloom's view. 

Agree 100% on Williams

I've got a few nagging concerns on some of the EDGE/DE and LB Collins vs where Bloom has them
That created some whiplash. I've mentally had them in round 3 because I think they're similarly as risky as the offensive players I've mentally had in round 2. His write ups mentioned the reasons why I have that risk assessment, but his conclusion was clearly different.

I don't need a qb either, but I'm still planning to pick one from this crop. Wilson will probably be #4 though.
It's early, but in one league I'm trying to figure out, I have the 14 and 30, and my QBs are Stafford and Goff. I like Stafford a lot for this year, but it's starting to look like the 14 is Lawrence if he's there. WR isn't a top need but they do make good trade fodder in that league. I do need a RB (Hunt, mostert, and garbage) but don't really like the value likely to be there. Parsons may be BPA if Lawrence is gone. 🤔

It's early, but in one league I'm trying to figure out, I have the 14 and 30, and my QBs are Stafford and Goff. I like Stafford a lot for this year, but it's starting to look like the 14 is Lawrence if he's there. WR isn't a top need but they do make good trade fodder in that league. I do need a RB (Hunt, mostert, and garbage) but don't really like the value likely to be there. Parsons may be BPA if Lawrence is gone. 🤔
The problem with needing a RB and picking that low - among those in that cloud below the top 3, if they get picked early enough to a prime location then while they may make it to 14 now they won't this time next week.

The problem with needing a RB and picking that low - among those in that cloud below the top 3, if they get picked early enough to a prime location then while they may make it to 14 now they won't this time next week.
If Sermon goes round three to the Steelers and they upgrade their offensive line before picking him (and in the Steelers thread they've heard beat reporters mouthing this exact scenario), then Sermon is a first round pick. The question then is where in the first, probably not if. 

If Sermon goes round three to the Steelers and they upgrade their offensive line before picking him (and in the Steelers thread they've heard beat reporters mouthing this exact scenario), then Sermon is a first round pick. The question then is where in the first, probably not if. 
Standard caveat - it depends on the league, but generally speaking I think you'd need to get to 8 to feel comfortable and 6 to feel certain.

Users who are viewing this thread