What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom 100 for 2021 Rookies? (1 Viewer)

If Sermon goes round three to the Steelers and they upgrade their offensive line before picking him (and in the Steelers thread they've heard beat reporters mouthing this exact scenario), then Sermon is a first round pick. The question then is where in the first, probably not if. 

Standard caveat - it depends on the league, but generally speaking I think you'd need to get to 8 to feel comfortable and 6 to feel certain.
Agreed all around. If, hypothetically, sermon or another solid back goes to a prime location, that just pushes another player down to the end of the first (16 teams). I could trade up but right now the end of the first looks good enough to just take what's there. 

It's possible to see 4 backs currently slated in the 2nd or 3rd to land in great spots. That would probably push bateman, r moore or toney to the end of the 1st / early 2nd in most formats. I'd be good with that.

Great reading Bloom.

Is anyone else worried about the Alabama elders?

Najee Harris - Born March 9, 1998 (will be 23 years 6 months old when season starts).  Was eligible to enter draft last year but came back for his senior season.  Will be 27-28 once his rookie contract is up.  He'll already start to lose dynasty value a few years into his career.  

Devonta Smith - Born November 14, 1998 (turns 23 mid season).  returned for senior season.   I understand he wasn't looked at as a top WR last year so returning did help his draft stock.  Bit of a red flag IMO.  Polished 4 year WR on offense stacked with NFL talent producing big isn't some legendary accomplishment.

Jaylen Waddle - Born November 25, 1998 (turns 23 mid season).  Turned 20 years old during his true freshman season???  Why did he start college so late.  Never had a 1k receiving season.  Had a couple great stretches of games but never put together an entire season of greatness.   

Before this season the WR's were playing with Jeudy/Ruggs so understandable that touches were spread out.  That said, neither Jeudy or Ruggs lit up the league their rookie seasons in the NFL.

I think all these guys are solid prospects but they may be a bit overrated IMO.  Hard to judge guys who are older/almost always playing against far inferior competition/etc.  

Great reading Bloom.

Is anyone else worried about the Alabama elders?

Najee Harris - Born March 9, 1998 (will be 23 years 6 months old when season starts).  Was eligible to enter draft last year but came back for his senior season.  Will be 27-28 once his rookie contract is up.  He'll already start to lose dynasty value a few years into his career.  

Devonta Smith - Born November 14, 1998 (turns 23 mid season).  returned for senior season.   I understand he wasn't looked at as a top WR last year so returning did help his draft stock.  Bit of a red flag IMO.  Polished 4 year WR on offense stacked with NFL talent producing big isn't some legendary accomplishment.

Jaylen Waddle - Born November 25, 1998 (turns 23 mid season).  Turned 20 years old during his true freshman season???  Why did he start college so late.  Never had a 1k receiving season.  Had a couple great stretches of games but never put together an entire season of greatness.   

Before this season the WR's were playing with Jeudy/Ruggs so understandable that touches were spread out.  That said, neither Jeudy or Ruggs lit up the league their rookie seasons in the NFL.

I think all these guys are solid prospects but they may be a bit overrated IMO.  Hard to judge guys who are older/almost always playing against far inferior competition/etc.  
Alabama has some outliers but imo most of their players have already reached their ceiling in college.  Saban is the best teacher in CFB.  

Users who are viewing this thread