What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bloom 100? (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Footballguy
I was listening to the podcast this morning and I thought the guys said the Bloom predraft 100 was coming out today? Is that correct? Maybe I'm hearing things again...

Very nicely done Bloom.

As always I disagree with some but agree with most of it. The tiers as you describe them make sense. I like that you separated the QBs somewhat while still having them slotted overall. I would kind of have a hard time with doing that. I just consider the top four to be tier two QB for fantasy and for that to not change much post NFL draft, but I could be convinced otherwise. 

Curious about your thoughts on Demarcus Walker DE FSU?

I'm certain that I have never had my opinion of a lot of these players so divergent from that of Sig.  Not even close.  I'm wondering which of us is missing so badly or if it's somewhere in between.  It's probably on me though...

Funny.  I enjoyed most of the read and appreciate the effort but thought that line was ridiculous and incorrect.  
I actually like Trubisky, but loved the line. Both for the Lebowski reference and for the fact that I get exactly what he's trying to say he doesn't like about Trubisky's game (and Tannehill's).

:grad:

Love your stuff bloom.  Big time thanks.  

But wow Garrett seems high.  Love the guy for the NFL, one of the best prospects in years.  But do DEs really go that high in any league?  

seems to me there's a sense of "upside and elite talent at a particular position trumps all" vibe to the rankings.  for the most part, that's how i look at deep dynasty IDP rookie drafts.   i don't have garrett that high overall though.

-OZ- said:
:grad:

Love your stuff bloom.  Big time thanks.  

But wow Garrett seems high.  Love the guy for the NFL, one of the best prospects in years.  But do DEs really go that high in any league?  
In our efs league he'll be gone within the first three picks.

D'onta Foreman is ranked way to low. Love big/agile backs. Running a 4.45 at nearly 240 is nice. He's at least as fast as Fournette. Imagine if Foreman drops 12 pounds and is a sub 4.4 40 and sub 7 sec 3 cone guy at 225. He was a monster in college too. Put up all kinds of numbers. 

Pass him up in your rookie draft at your own risk. He's got a ton of good comps. Big agile backs do well in the NFL. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In efs you start 22 players 11 offensive,11 defensive. 1 kicker, 1 punter.   Basically every position and you have a salary cap and cap years.

In efs you start 22 players 11 offensive,11 defensive. 1 kicker, 1 punter.   Basically every position and you have a salary cap and cap years.
Other than the cap and punter that's similar to my league. 

Top de taken last year (bosa) was pick 28. Which after looking back through the years is pretty close to the norm. LBs go higher but they also score more.  And frankly, none of these DE look like good picks in hindsight.  

Garrett will be great but I don't see the ff upside there to justify top 15, let alone top 3. If you think he's the next jj watt, maybe but I don't see that upside. 

Other than the cap and punter that's similar to my league. 

Top de taken last year (bosa) was pick 28. Which after looking back through the years is pretty close to the norm. LBs go higher but they also score more.  And frankly, none of these DE look like good picks in hindsight.  

Garrett will be great but I don't see the ff upside there to justify top 15, let alone top 3. If you think he's the next jj watt, maybe but I don't see that upside. 
So your league starts ol too, what league been looking for another every position league?

I'm certain that I have never had my opinion of a lot of these players so divergent from that of Sig.  Not even close.  I'm wondering which of us is missing so badly or if it's somewhere in between.  It's probably on me though...
Was thinking the same while reading, can't recall ever disagreeing with Bloom's rankings as much as I do this year.

Wow. Not giving Bloom much time for thought on this Octo.  

My guess based on past years is that this information will be out in the next 24-48 hours.

I finished my rankings about an hour or so after Mr Irrelevant. Blooms slacking.  :P

I had a lot of time to work on it while I was waiting for the Vikings to do something though. I think Bloom was otherwise occupied.

From yesterday:

Sigmund Bloom‏ @SigmundBloom

Re-ranking Bloom 100 now aiming for as early as possible mon and rankings on FBG will change before it goes live. Redraft/dynasty ranks next

I finished my rankings about an hour or so after Mr Irrelevant. Blooms slacking.  :P

I had a lot of time to work on it while I was waiting for the Vikings to do something though. I think Bloom was otherwise occupied.
Care to share it Bia?

Care to share it Bia?
Posted rankings here

I am debating Zay Jones vs Kareem Hunt right now. Jones was a higher draft and WR have more longevity than RB. RB are scarce though and I like Hunt more with the Chiefs than I do Jones with the Bills. Maybe Jones should be ahead of Hunt though. Same tier so doesn't really matter, but that is one change I might make.

I will slot the watch list players as I find time to watch them, but I think I have ranked most of the relevant players for fantasy already.

eNdblu said:
Love Bloom's work but these rankings are a mess IMO. I respect that it's not just another conventional ranking list and I love that there are some real contrarian rankings here, but plenty of this seems a little strange to me. Overall I would say that IDP's are too high (although Reddick ironically I would say is far too low given the situation he was drafted into) and any list that has a guy like Pumphrey ahead of Zay Jones, Foreman, Kupp etc has to lose some credibility. An interesting read though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got no interest in Pumphrey, but Zay Jones looks like a B-U-S-T to me. Toothpick frame ala Justin Hunter and Josh Doctson. Runs better routes than Hunter, so maybe you go with an AJ Green comparison if you want to be optimistic, but I just don't see it. Doesn't stand out to me in clips. If I'm wrong I'll own up to it, but he won't be on any of my FF teams.

Users who are viewing this thread