What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bold Moves - Championship Week Edition (1 Viewer)

Am looking at starting both Boone AND Perriman this week

Perriman over Hilton and Golladay seems like the right play even if it does have bust potential (i.e. Perriman vs. #1 coverage and defensive gameplan)

Boone start is less certain, but leaning that way if Cook doesn't practice (I have Mattison but he seems more unlikely to play than Cook).  I'd be starting Boone alongside Miles Sanders and sitting (can't believe I am typing this...) Melvin Gordon and James Conner.

Bold? Maybe.  Crazy? Most definitely.

Rationale: am a significant underdog, so need upside.  Gordon could certainly get 100 yards and 2 TDs but splitting with Ekeler I think his upside is capped.  Especially after the 2 fumbles and bench-riding he did last week.  Conner seems like someone they will use cautiously to keep healthy.  Anyway, that's my thought process anyway

Perriman over Hilton and Golladay seems like the right play even if it does have bust potential (i.e. Perriman vs. #1 coverage and defensive gameplan)

Boone start is less certain, but leaning that way if Cook doesn't practice (I have Mattison but he seems more unlikely to play than Cook).  I'd be starting Boone alongside Miles Sanders and sitting (can't believe I am typing this...) Melvin Gordon and James Conner.

Rationale: am a significant underdog, so need upside.  Gordon could certainly get 100 yards and 2 TDs but splitting with Ekeler I think his upside is capped.  Especially after the 2 fumbles and bench-riding he did last week.  Conner seems like someone they will use cautiously to keep healthy.  Anyway, that's my thought process anyway
It’s not crazy as a significant underdog. My opponent is favored by 29, and if you scroll up a little you’ll see my situation is very similar to yours.

I think the bigger the underdog, the bigger the moonshot one has to take.

Nobody seems to like Chark this week
Chark wasn't healthy enough to play last week and he has incentive to play gimpy this week because he is near 1,000 yards receiving.  He might just be hoping to get a couple of receptions to make getting 1,000 yards easier in Week 17.  Also, it seems at first to be a good matchup except the Falcons' defense has improved.  Teams have averaged 19.1 points against the Falcons over the last 6 games which included the 49ers, the Bucs, and twice against the Saints.  In the first 12 weeks of the season, the Falcons gave up the 4th most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers.  Over the last 3 weeks, they have given up the fewest points in the league to opposing wide receivers including limiting Michael Thomas to 10.8 fantasy points in Week 13 and all of the 49ers wide receivers to a combined 9.7 fantasy points in Week 15.  3 weeks is a small sample size and George Kittle scored 26.4 fantasy points on them in Week 15 so it might still be a pretty good matchup.  I'm having a lot of trouble deciding whether to play Chark or Perriman.

Chark wasn't healthy enough to play last week and he has incentive to play gimpy this week because he is near 1,000 yards receiving.  He might just be hoping to get a couple of receptions to make getting 1,000 yards easier in Week 17.  Also, it seems at first to be a good matchup except the Falcons' defense has improved.  Teams have averaged 19.1 points against the Falcons over the last 6 games which included the 49ers, the Bucs, and twice against the Saints.  In the first 12 weeks of the season, the Falcons gave up the 4th most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers.  Over the last 3 weeks, they have given up the fewest points in the league to opposing wide receivers including limiting Michael Thomas to 10.8 fantasy points in Week 13 and all of the 49ers wide receivers to a combined 9.7 fantasy points in Week 15.  3 weeks is a small sample size and George Kittle scored 26.4 fantasy points on them in Week 15 so it might still be a pretty good matchup.  I'm having a lot of trouble deciding whether to play Chark or Perriman.

I may start both Perriman and Chark in front of TY and Kirk this week

Chark is expected to play 
I have Perriman and Chark in there now over both Kupp and Hilton.

If I know for a fact Boone is the only RB for Minny, I may flex him over Chark. Something doesn't feel right about starting two guys off the street in my championship week when I had a pretty loaded roster all season. But I don't trust Kupp at all especially with K Williams and Sherman back for SF and I expect Indy to run the ball all day vs CAR.

Im not too concerned about Chark. He missed a week which makes me think the injury wasn't too serious. If he was playing only to get 44 yards why not just rest one more week and go for those yards in week 17? The Atlanta defense has been pretty good lately and definitely a concern but their secondary is atrocious. That game has sneaky shootout potential.

PhantomJB said:
My opponent in a 2-QB league has D. Watson on Saturday so my bold moves will be driven by how well he does. Otherwise I'll fall back on the safer options.

QB2: Lock vs. Minshew/D.Jones

TE:    Fant vs. Higbee/Hollister

I think Denver has the potential to put up big time numbers vs. the Lions but also big bust possibilities rolling out a couple rookies.
My 2qb league (12 teams) I've got to roll out either Will Grier or Hodges as qb2. Not really a bold move, just desperate (thanks Cam, Stafford, Foles, Driscoll).

Leaving Greg Olsen on the bench and starting Hollister.

Possibly going Boone over Gurley.  I think the 49ers are going to beat the Rams pretty badly and it will be a pass happy affair.  And Gurley was really bad last week were it not for two TDs.  I have Washington on my bench, who goes in the Sunday late game.  So if some news comes out that Boone is not the starter, I will slide Washington in.

I'm in an awful spot in my dynasty league after losing Godwin so at my final wr spot I'm playing... Albert Wilson vs Bengals

Over

Jakobi Meyers vs bills or Ted Ginn vs tenn

Yep, fun times in the championship.

Possibly going Boone over Gurley.  I think the 49ers are going to beat the Rams pretty badly and it will be a pass happy affair.  And Gurley was really bad last week were it not for two TDs.  I have Washington on my bench, who goes in the Sunday late game.  So if some news comes out that Boone is not the starter, I will slide Washington in.
To be fair, Gurley has had that happen a lot this year. I'd rank him as a top-10 RB this week, and be expecting a TD. This is the Rams Super Bowl, I think they'll show a ton better than they did last week, though I am picking the 49ers. 

ConnSKINS26 said:
That's a risky game to play. Sims is explosive but has been dropping balls, and Haskins is very hit or miss. Could pay off though
On further digging he is only in on 3wr sets, I’ll pass for now 

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
kenny stills?
I am really thinking I might. Debating this or Watson.

shadyridr said:
Anybody starting BOTH perriman and Boone. Crazy
Hell yeah I am. If I started Perriman last week, no way I am taking him out of the lineup now. 

Morton Muffley said:

I'm also starting Perriman and Boone. BUT, only if I hear by Sun AM that Cook and Mattison are officially out.

Otherwise I have Peterson to slid in at RB. 

Hell yeah I am. If I started Perriman last week, no way I am taking him out of the lineup now. 
My uncle invested in Cisco early.  He made a ton of money when it skyrocketed during the internet boom.  And he kept it all the way through it's decline.  He ended up making nothing.  Sometimes you gotta know when to cash your chips in.  Perriman has a nice ceiling but he is risky.  A 2 catch performance is as likely as a big day.

My uncle invested in Cisco early.  He made a ton of money when it skyrocketed during the internet boom.  And he kept it all the way through it's decline.  He ended up making nothing.  Sometimes you gotta know when to cash your chips in.  Perriman has a nice ceiling but he is risky.  A 2 catch performance is as likely as a big day.
Unlike your uncle, I can’t cash out. If I could swap out Perriman for Julio, I would do it it in a heartbeat but if bail on Perriman now it’s for Ammendola or James Washington.

Unlike your uncle, I can’t cash out. If I could swap out Perriman for Julio, I would do it it in a heartbeat but if bail on Perriman now it’s for Ammendola or James Washington.
At least you don't have to lose any sleep over it.  I've been waffling all week.  Sunday morning is going to be stressful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boone over Barkley is tempting 
Heck, FBG has Barkley ranked high, but Boone ranked over Chubb this week.  Maybe Boone over Chubb is a good play.  

On one hand, Chubb destroyed the BAL run defense earlier this year, and he’s the rushing leader, and the coaching staff wants him to get the rushing title and surely will plan to feed feed feed him.  

But, CLE could get behind big and early and take Chubb right out of the game plan, and you just know BAL will come amped up to stop him after what he did the first time around, and will try to make Baker beat them.

Boone could have one of those 100 and 3 TD late season games out of nowhere that wins people championships.  

On one hand, Chubb destroyed the BAL run defense earlier this year
The Ravens defense right now is not the same as in Week 4.  And the Browns had a big lead for most of the game in Week 4.  Game script might benefit Hunt over Chubb this time.

Benching Gurley for McLaurin.  Don’t know if it’s a bold move or dumb move. If not for the fact that SF has only given up 4 RB TDs I wouldn’t even be considering it!

At least you don't have to lose any sleep over it.  I've been waffling all week.  Sunday morning is going to be stressful.
You may want to move your stressful decision up by 24 hours, considering that Perriman plays the early game today.

The problem I have is understanding why Perriman is a "bold" move.

Not questioning anyone's decision to roll him out, but is he really that risky?

Not sure you can consider it bold but I’m sitting Cooper Kupp for Mike Boone. First time this season I’ve sat Kupp.

The problem I have is understanding why Perriman is a "bold" move.

Not questioning anyone's decision to roll him out, but is he really that risky?
He's the #1 WR now, so should get targets. BUT, he will be treated by the defense as the #1 WR (something he's never experienced before), will be defensively gameplanned for (something he's never experienced before), only got 6 targets last week (about 15% of total targets, which is low - though Godwin did play much of last week), he has an erratic QB throwing to him, and he has notoriously bad hands.  So while his floor is probably pretty high, a 3/40/0 on 8 targets is well within the range of outcomes IMO.

I'm also starting Perriman and Boone. BUT, only if I hear by Sun AM that Cook and Mattison are officially out.

Otherwise I have Peterson to slid in at RB. 
I REALLY want to start Boone, but sitting Gordon (who is facing Oak) just feels wrong.  Thankfully I don't need to make my decision until 4pm tomorrow but that just gives me more time to torture myself.   

What are the chances Zimmer declares those guys out Sunday morning.  Seems like Zimmer is highly unlikely to do that IMO.  Seems like his MO is to obfuscate and that is why I am petty confident that both Cook and Mattison will be out

Well tough decisions today in Superflex, TE premium

going with Josh Allen at Superflex over Golladay, Washington, Goff, Lock, Giescki, Boone, Fant, Rudolph, Watkins, Samuel. Even playing Pats. He got floor of 9 in game 1 while being knocked out early.  Hoping for 15 with upside. 

Going Perriman at WR also over those above. 

I am going Gordon also. Hoping LA lights up Raiders D with Allen and Hunter also playing in lineup. 

Edelman plays right after, so it doesn't matter that much in my case, though it would be nice to know for sure that he'll be active. (sounds pretty safe, but it's the Patriots, so...)I have McLaurin in a pinch.

I’m in a tough spot and lookin to make a bold move. I’m the favorite, but not by much. I need to pick 2 between Edelman, Fuller, Hilton, and Boone. 1 point ppr league. Bold move is going fuller/Boone. Rode Edelman all year, ty has been a key piece at times. 

edelman - hurt all year with ribs and the knee injury is new, bills are a top def against the pass that should focus to stop Edelman with the lack of other weapons at wr/TE, plus an offense that has been struggling the last 6 weeks against lesser talented teams. 

hilton - re-injury is always a possibility and will prolly be matched up with lattimore. Hard to trust. 

fuller - best matchup, Reinjury always possible, high target share with Coutee out, hyde banged up, meh TEs, coverage should float to nuke. 

boone - does either other RB play? If yes, ouch. I’ll find a gb wr to drop in? Already have Adams. If no, this guy has to be a high end rb 2. Great matchup. Latest news says neither cook or mattison look like they will play, but it’s also not official. 

argggg 

good luck everyone, may the gods be with us all!!

He's the #1 WR now, so should get targets. BUT, he will be treated by the defense as the #1 WR (something he's never experienced before), will be defensively gameplanned for (something he's never experienced before), only got 6 targets last week (about 15% of total targets, which is low - though Godwin did play much of last week), he has an erratic QB throwing to him, and he has notoriously bad hands.  So while his floor is probably pretty high, a 3/40/0 on 8 targets is well within the range of outcomes IMO.
Granted it's only been one half of football, but this is kinda what I feared.  At present he's 2/40/0 on 7 targets.  If TB ever gets a lead (and I suspect they will), Arians would be smart to take the air out of the football given how Jameis is playing.  Expect Perriman to finish something like 4/70/0 on 11 targets now

Granted it's only been one half of football, but this is kinda what I feared.  At present he's 2/40/0 on 7 targets.  If TB ever gets a lead (and I suspect they will), Arians would be smart to take the air out of the football given how Jameis is playing.  Expect Perriman to finish something like 4/70/0 on 11 targets now

He's been overthrown on wide open TD's once or arguably twice already this game. Starting him was good process imo. 

They're still playing in a close game and with Winston at QB, I think he's still got a shot at a really nice day. 

Would you sit OBJ for Greg Ward or Darius Slayton? I'm considering both due to the potential ceiling. 
I'm trying to muster up the balls to start Ward over OBJ. My opponent has Perriman, Woods, and Higbee opening up a can on me right out of the gate. OBJ has always been a high ceiling home run hitter but with the way this year is going and facing the Ravens I'm starting to think Ward has the higher ceiling.

I'm a little nervous playing Tannehill now that Henry is out. I also have AJ Brown versus Lattimore. 

Would you start Rivers 》Tannehill? 

Would you start Boyd 》Brown? 

I'm trying to muster up the balls to start Ward over OBJ. My opponent has Perriman, Woods, and Higbee opening up a can on me right out of the gate. OBJ has always been a high ceiling home run hitter but with the way this year is going and facing the Ravens I'm starting to think Ward has the higher ceiling.
I like Slayton when Eli is in there. Not sure if he's OK with Danny dimes. 

Here's my bold move: I'm starting John Ross over Juju, James Washington, Robbie Anderson, Chris Conley, Greg Ward, and every other available waiver-wire scrub.

Why, you ask? Because:

1. before his injury, he was a viable WR1.

2. in his first game back, the Bengals eased him into the offense.

3. in his 2nd game back, he played the Patriots.

4. this is his 3rd game back, and he's playing the #31 defense vs. receivers.

It's the perfect storm for him to return to studliness.

TALK ME OUT OF IT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread