What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boldin (1 Viewer)

Seems to be an error on the link, here's what it reads -

"Boldin suffers hamstring injury

Receiver Anquan Boldin suffered a strained right hamstring in Tuesday's practice and missed Wednesday's workout.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt called it a tweak and wouldn't rule Boldin out of Friday's preseason game against the Packers. He did, however, say the Cardinals would be cautious in dealing with Boldin's injury.

That means Boldin probably won't play. Steve Breaston, the No. 3 receiver, isn't expected to play because of a knee injury. Jerheme Urban will start along with Larry Fitzgerald, with Lance Long, Early Doucet, Sean Morey and Onrea Jones getting more playing time.

Boldin suffered a left hamstring pull in the playoffs last season and missed the divisional game against Carolina."

Crap. He had hammy problems last year too.
I think it might be his body type. Seems like bulkier guys that play speed positions tend to tweak hammys more. Troy P. and Hines Ward always seem to have hammy issues also.

he injured his hammy in the playoffs last yr. he recovered to play well in the super bowl. not sure if he had problems earlier in the year but i dont remember about it.

Crap. He had hammy problems last year too.
He did? Other than the BS hit in the Jets game, he was pretty healthy. At least, I don't remember ever worried about him starting after he was cleared to play.
He missed a preseason game last year with a right hammy. He hurt it again right before the Jets game in late September but played through it. And he missed the playoff game against Carolina because he hurt his hammy on a TD against Atlanta the week before.

Anyone heard any recent news on Boldin's condition? I'm drafting Sunday afternoon (8/30) and I have an opportunity to protect Boldin in the third round (3.7) from my roster last year but I'm not sure if I should. Ironically, 31 overall is where I'd protect him and exactly where the DD has him ranked!

Then I wouldn't protect him. Either someone better will fall based on someone in your league reaching, or else you can have him anyway (since if the first thirty picks are the 30 guys ranked ahead of him - he'll be ther). No benefit to keeping, unless there are a few guys ranked higher that you would want less - and someone much better might fall to you.

Then I wouldn't protect him. Either someone better will fall based on someone in your league reaching, or else you can have him anyway (since if the first thirty picks are the 30 guys ranked ahead of him - he'll be ther). No benefit to keeping, unless there are a few guys ranked higher that you would want less - and someone much better might fall to you.
You forget that some of the top 30 players though will be protected so Boldin may be the 25th best player in the draft that is available 30 picks in.

Users who are viewing this thread