What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Borden Fantasy Scouting - Open for Business (2 Viewers)

jtd13 said:
Whoa, sorry to hear about the fire. I hope nothing too serious. The work in here is great!
I just wanted to echo best wishes to you and your family regarding the fire. My Aunts house burned down oh 30 or so years ago and they lost everything but their health. Thankfully no one was harmed. You are here talking about FF so i hope things are ok now?

Devontae Booker - *Note: I watch his pair of 2015 games then stopped watching his 2014 games. In 2015 he is a much better and refined player.

Oddly, Booker looks better as a receiving back than an every down back. I was expecting almost a different player when I started watching him. The best current(ish) player comparison is Arian Foster. Is he as good as Arian Foster the Pro Bowler? Not likely but Foster is his closest comp. He's a wait and worm player that will flash seemly hidden speed every now and then. He is an excellent hands catcher (that's huge points in my books) and does well with adjusting to the ball. He has fairly good balance and will show decent strength and has the ability to kick through below the knee trip tackles. He also has this cool/weird toe drag to help slow him down. Or maybe it's a "move" I don't know. Looks cool when the rubber pellets rooster tail up in the air beside him though. His aggression can get really high, which I like. He's mean when he wants to be. Follows blocks well but I'm not sure how good he is at setting them up.

Booker definitely needs to clean on some things in his game. He will hop or dance behind the line when he doesn't need to. It seems almost like he might just be doing because he doesn't want to just stand still while he finds a hole. Sometimes it is to avoid a tackler but other times it isn't. His ball security/carrying position is outright bad at times. One hand on it while in traffic or even contact. Other times he  have the ball still curled in his arm but way out from his body. He also needs to low his shoulders WAY more often. You see him do this in 2014 but it's not controlled. He just lowers his upper half and sprints forward without looking where he is going. He will get better at this once he gets chewed out in the NFL for dancing or running too high. He seems to get wrapped up high too often as well. Which again should get sorted out. It will also help out his yards after contact because he will end up falling down and forward more often than getting stood up or knocked sideways.

It feels odd to say about a running back but he needs to clean up his technique. I want to knock him for his lack speed and hitting power but I don't think that's his game. He can do some good things but I think he will be more effective in a zone scheme. He's not quite there yet and it worries me that maybe he is an excellent career back up but never ends up putting it all together. Maybe some flashes in relief or as an injury replacement, just enough to string us along. However, I do believe his upside is Arian Foster.

Nice turning back catch. Follows blockers. Cuts back in and runs through a foot tackle.

Uses an extra shoulder fake/slows down behind the line, may have cost him yards. Happened again with a jump cut.

Good blitz pick up. Now a good pro pro read.

Doesn't get two hands on the ball enough.

Has line a toe drag slow down (move?)

Pads will stay too high through middle/tough yards

Pateint behind line but looks to hop and get to the outside.

Often gets bounced back in pass pro.

Good pass catcher. Catches with his hands. Better at this then too many WRs in this class.

Good at finding his way to day light.

Hasn't shown knock down power or elite speed. Seems like he has more speed than it appears but rarely does he get his shoulder through someone.

Fumble. His fault. Used his ball hand to try and regain balance against the ground.

Also, everything for me is all safe and sound, expect my schedule which is a complete mess. Some extra stuff to deal with but that's it. Thank you for the well wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread