What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

I'm 8-3 in my league on a 7 game winning streak, started 1-3 (obviously). My team is not great but it seems no matter who I play I out score them by just enough, the last few weeks have been between 2-6 point wins. I score the highest points one week just to nip the 2nd highest. I score just enough to be the second lowest and happen to be playing the lowest points that week.

All smoke and mirrors this year

Andre Johnson found out that this past weeks opponent offered an insulting 2013 2nd round pick for him. At the walkthru, Andre said, Coach LOD, just get me the ball and I will stomp this team into the ground.

Good Job Andre. :thumbup:

Finally found the gahoonas to bench Vernon Davis for Olsen this week after sticking with him week in and week out.... 80+ yards and a TD.... lost a division game by only 4 1/2 points. :rant:

Next week I'll start him for the 2 catches and 8 yards he'll likely post.

Most points in my league and have the worst record. Lost 3 games by a grand total of 10 points. Lost the other 3 games by the weekly high scorer. FF is a cruel game

'bulger2holt said:
Most points in my league and have the worst record. Lost 3 games by a grand total of 10 points. Lost the other 3 games by the weekly high scorer. FF is a cruel game
I hear ya, I have the total points lead by 50 and I just won my 4th game to go to 4-7 (Lost 4 by 5 points or less). :toilet: I'm out of playoff contention but luckily I'm still fighting for a total points bonus payout. It's brutal when you consistently put up top 3 numbers and lose. This is the first year this has happened to me, I can at least talk smack to the other owners about how lucky they are. :)

'bulger2holt said:
I hear ya, I have the total points lead by 50 and I just won my 4th game to go to 4-7 (Lost 4 by 5 points or less). :toilet: I'm out of playoff contention but luckily I'm still fighting for a total points bonus payout. It's brutal when you consistently put up top 3 numbers and lose. This is the first year this has happened to me, I can at least talk smack to the other owners about how lucky they are. :)
Same here. Currently 8th place, overall points leader in my 12 team league, have had the weekly high score 4 times, and my only other win I was 2nd highest that week. Most points scored against me by over 100. 2nd lowest scoring team overall is in 3rd place and has almost 300 less points against him than anyone else. Schedule gods are brutal this year

I'm 8-3 in my league on a 7 game winning streak, started 1-3 (obviously). My team is not great but it seems no matter who I play I out score them by just enough, the last few weeks have been between 2-6 point wins. I score the highest points one week just to nip the 2nd highest. I score just enough to be the second lowest and happen to be playing the lowest points that week.All smoke and mirrors this year
Pretty much the pattern for my year. Started out 0-3, my All Play would have been 6-27. I've won 7 of 8 since, and the All Play would have been 73-15. I won one game by less than half a point, and two other weeks I was behind all day but won on MNF after my opponent was done. Lead the league in points, but by only 15 points.Next three games are rematches of the first 3 losses. 3rd place, but it could all be for nought unless I win out.

Playing Tony ####### Romo..... REALLY?!! He decides to pull his head out of his ### and go for 40 points this week.

Last week I had to play Andre Johnson.

Going from first place,with an easy walk into the playoffs to probably not making it ####### SUCKS.

Jordy Nelson, you better ####### do something this weekend, you ### #### bum.

#### FANTASY FOOTBALL

played a qb in 5 of 7 fpc playoff games...rg3 twice, romo, stafford, brady. what happened to the out of sync thursday games?

addendum: two games left vs ryan and peyton.

I hope that turkey who laid down on the one yard line for Washington's ST doesn't cost me my game this week. I wouldn't have minded if it was actually the logical thing to do, but it wasn't. Score that damn touchdown!!!

My receivers today are Calvin, Andre Johnson and Dez Brayant. Also my trade for Andrew Luck got accepted tonight. I gave up Mike Wallace and Shane veerneer. My team is coming togeter nicely for many years to come.

My receivers today are Calvin, Andre Johnson and Dez Brayant. Also my trade for Andrew Luck got accepted tonight. I gave up Mike Wallace and Shane veerneer. My team is coming togeter nicely for many years to come.

The week before DMC and Sproles went down, I traded Ridley and Dez for Wayne and Donald Brown lol. Before the trade, I had to start 2 wrs from Dez, Cobb and D. Thomas. At the time, I had so much depth at rb (start 2 from DMC, Reggie, Ballard, Sproles, Ridley). I figured I would upgrade my wr situation and still have decent depth at rb. Sure glad I "upgraded" from Dez to Wayne. Definitely my worst trade ever.

needed a win this week to make playoffs.

started romo, arian foster and since i have julio jones who is iffy, amendola who is iffy i throw good ole miles austin into the lineup.

i can honestly say if he is around in the 15th round next year i will not take him.

of course my opponent has played brady,dez, and ridley.

thanks for the 0 miles.

Only needed 1 win going into week 11 to clinch winning my division and a 1st round playoff bye. Lost that one by 4 points (Thank you, Mike Wallace). This week my opponent put up 90 points on Thanksgiving with just Brady and the Pats D alone. WTF.

Have the following going in a must-win 7-4 v 7-4 showdown for the Division Title and a playoff berth:

A. Rodgers

A. Foster (28)

M. Lynch

B. Marshall

J. Nelson

H. Nicks

T. Gonzalez

J. Tucker

Rams DST

And yet I'm terrified the fantasy gods will turn against me and lay an egg.

Looks like another first round playoff loss..

Thanks to Miles Autin, Matt Forte, and Peterson...

I will never draft you three again.

Benched Hillman for Parmele while I let T. Rich and Julio sit on my bench in a must win game. Hopefully Doug Martin can save my bacon and Charles can get a touch.

Beanie Wells owner. I'm out of the playoffs and the trade deadline was at noon today. I wonder what I could have gotten if I had another day to deal.

Trolled by my FFPC team: goes 5-1 and is in the top 20 overall in scoring, then go 1-4 and miss the league playoffs (i.e., not even top 3 in scoring in the league after an epic collapse). Now, in week 12 when NOTHING COUNTS, team blows up for 200+ pts. Thanks for nothing schmucks.

I was up by a rather large margin. He had only Brees and the SF DEF yet to play. I figured that it was probably bad strategy on his part, since they would mostly cancel each other out. The yardage wouldn't matter much. Any turnovers would offset each other exactly. Pretty much the only thing I'd have to worry about is touchdowns... but TDs thrown by Brees to either team. The INT wouldn't score anything, but one returned to the house would be worth as much as one to his own receiver.

Racking 'em up. Sigh.

It's nice when your QB (Brees) is playing against your defense (49ers) because INTs don't hurt so bad...especially when they are returned for TDs. Not only do you at least negate the lost point for the INT, but you also put points on the board that will lead to your QB having to pass more...or get benched.

Have the following going in a must-win 7-4 v 7-4 showdown for the Division Title and a playoff berth:A. RodgersA. Foster (28)M. LynchB. MarshallJ. NelsonH. NicksT. GonzalezJ. TuckerRams DSTAnd yet I'm terrified the fantasy gods will turn against me and lay an egg.
Nevermind. Back to the Playoffs! :football:

3-9 IN THE BAG! Despite a brilliant pick up of Kapernick (sp?), the rest of the team played to the fullest extent of mediocrity. 3-9 may sound terrible, but do you realize the genius of being able to lose 9 games in one season fielding a healthy lineup full of starters? I am heading out to buy lottery tickets.

Damn you Nicks. After completely blowing my lineup and making 3 mistakes which give me an easy win, I still had the lead until the Giants up 21 decided to give Nicks some love and GB can't tackle him before he sticks the ball over the goal line. Down by 1.5 points now and I guess I can hope Tynes somehow gets a FG opportunity, but really no chance of that now. I just don't have that kind of luck. My luck is putting in Parmale and he gets hurt twice and Jennings gets the TD. FF has been so freaking frustrating this year. Every decision has been bad, every one.

Users who are viewing this thread