What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Went up against SF defense today expecting SEA to outscore them, NOT :wall:

SF 26 to SEA 10 killed me.

My opponent started Bradshaw at the last minute, 17 points right now. :rant:

Thank you Jimmy Graham for laying down like a $2 whore. You cost us you weasel.
yeah where the hell was he? NO as a whole laid down today. buncha .50 cent whores if you ask me
Agreed. The 49ers can be passed on if your protection holds up. Brees got jumpy and they kept running the ball when they had maybe 4 or 5 usefull runs all game. I understand trying to keep the defense honest, but it seemed like they stalled drives and got into 2nd/3rd and long too many times. I think they could have just used Sproles more like they did in the playoffs last year to keep the rush at bay.

Damn you Nicks. After completely blowing my lineup and making 3 mistakes which give me an easy win, I still had the lead until the Giants up 21 decided to give Nicks some love and GB can't tackle him before he sticks the ball over the goal line. Down by 1.5 points now and I guess I can hope Tynes somehow gets a FG opportunity, but really no chance of that now. I just don't have that kind of luck. My luck is putting in Parmale and he gets hurt twice and Jennings gets the TD. FF has been so freaking frustrating this year. Every decision has been bad, every one.
4th and 2 and they go for it. So much for a long FG to make it a 5 score lead. FML.

Damn you Nicks. After completely blowing my lineup and making 3 mistakes which give me an easy win, I still had the lead until the Giants up 21 decided to give Nicks some love and GB can't tackle him before he sticks the ball over the goal line. Down by 1.5 points now and I guess I can hope Tynes somehow gets a FG opportunity, but really no chance of that now. I just don't have that kind of luck. My luck is putting in Parmale and he gets hurt twice and Jennings gets the TD. FF has been so freaking frustrating this year. Every decision has been bad, every one.
4th and 2 and they go for it. So much for a long FG to make it a 5 score lead. FML.
No penalty and they kick the FG. Then, they also decide to go for it instead of kicking the FG. What the ####!

No penalty and they kick the FG. Then, they also decide to go for it instead of kicking the FG. What the ####!
Why the heck would they go for it? Tynes FG and it is a 5 score game and over. I know it is already over, but really? Why would you not kick the FG there? Why were they passing it in the red zone anyway? Why risk Nicks or Cruz or Eli getting hurt? Run Wilson all day, kick the FG. I am so effing pissed.

Why the heck would they go for it? Tynes FG and it is a 5 score game and over. I know it is already over, but really? Why would you not kick the FG there? Why were they passing it in the red zone anyway? Why risk Nicks or Cruz or Eli getting hurt? Run Wilson all day, kick the FG. I am so effing pissed.
I'm with you here on tynes, lost by fractional points cause of this... And will miss the playoffs. You never see a team do that in a game late like this, wtf!!! Also I'm a chargers fan so today hurts. Someone tell me everything is gonna be okay.

I'm with you here on tynes, lost by fractional points cause of this... And will miss the playoffs. You never see a team do that in a game late like this, wtf!!! Also I'm a chargers fan so today hurts. Someone tell me everything is gonna be okay.
This was a real tough one. If Tynes gets a FG, I lock up my division and just have to win next week to get the #1 seed and bye. Now, I am tied for the division and tied with a bunch of teams hoping to get a bye. The worst part of it is that the rolling Nicks TD is what got me behind and the fact that I had 3 lineup decisions that all would have won me the game had I left my lineup alone. Damn overthinking and watching what seemed like a maybe safe lead turn into this crap.

Benched 49ers DST b/c, well, you just don't start a DST against Brees/Brady/Rodgers, right??? RIGHT??? Ugh
Same. Lost by 22. 49ers scored...23.FMLI still have the Carolina DST on MNF. Their high for the year is 16. The most points the Eagles have given up to a DST is 18.Highest scoring team in the league, 7-5 5th place with 2 weeks left. Three losses because of lineup decisions. :ptts:

Thanks marshawn lynch, thanks jimmy graham. Anyone think there is a shot in hell to get 45 points with cam newton and Steve smith?

1. If you have Tynes, he's way overachieved for you so far, so you can't really complain about a missed opportunity.2. Punishing losses by the Chargers basically guarantees a new coach in 2013. It's not like this is "their year" and they blew it. Think of it like drafting a young QB. You hope it pays off down the road because what you have won't cut it. This loss will make the Chargers better long-term.That's all I got.

Thanks to the Giants' D, I survived benching Julio. Locked up the #1 seed!!

In my other league, on a 5 game win streak and dominated my divisional rival this week.

FF life is good.

BLABBERMOUTH in one of my leagues was in position to knock me outta playoff seeding ... during waivers this week, he scooped Hilman (I'm a McGahee owner), and blathered on incessantly about how he "daggered" my season with that pickup.

I "settled" for consolation prize Bryce Brown.

Blabbermouth started Hilman yesterday ... lost by 3 points :thumbup:

I'm down 5, but have Brown going tonight :popcorn:

To make this even more joyous, I scooped Moreno at 12:50 yesterday afternoon :shark:

Let's wrap this up with :clap: :headbang: :pickle:

ETA: just checked scoring, I'm actually down 15, not 5 :wall:

Meh ... let's hope the Bryce is right tonight!!1! :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
'otb_lifer said:
BLABBERMOUTH in one of my leagues was in position to knock me outta playoff seeding ... during waivers this week, he scooped Hilman (I'm a McGahee owner), and blathered on incessantly about how he "daggered" my season with that pickup.I "settled" for consolation prize Bryce Brown.Blabbermouth started Hilman yesterday ... lost by 3 points :thumbup: I'm down 5, but have Brown going tonight :popcorn: To make this even more joyous, I scooped Moreno at 12:50 yesterday afternoon :shark: Let's wrap this up with :clap: :headbang: :pickle:ETA: just checked scoring, I'm actually down 15, not 5 :wall: Meh ... let's hope the Bryce is right tonight!!1! :boxing:
In a similar vein - I am decimated with injuries - pick up Hillman Sunday morning put him in the lineup. Get home from church and see he will not be the starter. Went to try to pick up Moreno, but my opponent picked him (and Lance Ball) up. The worst part - he started neither - just picked them up so I couldn't. Wound up just starting Hillman since nothing else was out there. Lost by 8 after the 0 from Hillman. Lesson learned? Don't go to church.

'otb_lifer said:
BLABBERMOUTH in one of my leagues was in position to knock me outta playoff seeding ... during waivers this week, he scooped Hilman (I'm a McGahee owner), and blathered on incessantly about how he "daggered" my season with that pickup.I "settled" for consolation prize Bryce Brown.Blabbermouth started Hilman yesterday ... lost by 3 points :thumbup: I'm down 5, but have Brown going tonight :popcorn: To make this even more joyous, I scooped Moreno at 12:50 yesterday afternoon :shark: Let's wrap this up with :clap: :headbang: :pickle:ETA: just checked scoring, I'm actually down 15, not 5 :wall: Meh ... let's hope the Bryce is right tonight!!1! :boxing:
You are Gold. Bryce is getting 18 tonight.

I dropped STL for CAR. I'd be up 10 if I had kept them going up against J Stew tonight. Hopefully I lose by more than 10 in the end or I'm gonna DRANK.

(Or CAR save me. Please.)

Need 9 from Olsen in a PPR to stay undefeated in a 16 team league. No one has gone undefeated in 20 years. Doesn't look good so far... Gary Barnidge :confused: :hot:

McGahee and McCoy owner here. Two weeks ago, I scooped up Brown and Hillman to handcuff my backs. Right before last weekend, I decided I only needed to handcuff one of them. Dropped Hillman. Best move Ive made all year.

'otb_lifer said:
You are Gold. Bryce is getting 18 tonight.
:thumbup: :hifive: :clap:

Semifinal in FPC , I'm the #1 seed.

LeSean McCoy, MJD, and Cedric Benson sitting on my bench.

0 from Miles Austin.

0 from Vernon Davis.

opponent gets 24 from Pats D. (after I played the same team last week and Pats D had 27)

I have the worst luck.

I'm down 15 pts going into MNF, him with Stewart and Celek, me with Bryce Brown.

I just won by 10, into the money round.

Sincerely,

Andy Reid's biggest only fan

Just won by 0.18 because of Cam's two kneel downs (and benching Fitz) keeping my playoff hopes alive. I had to win this week and next week and I'm in. Lose either and I'm out.

Won by .05

I have never seen anything closer to be honest, but I will lose on a stat correction Thursday. lol

Since my league decided to only credit me with 1 TD from Edelmen, instead of the 2 he had, is why I find myself sweating until Thursday.

Close loss in leauge 1.

Brown got me closer than I should have been last night...so I can't totally blame him...but if he is called down on the one fumble...I win. That 0 from Austin did not help either.

League 2.

Matt Bryant can bite me...yanks a chip shot that costs me a division title and some extra cash.

3 leagues (1 dyno, 1 auction, 1 redraft (keep 1player)) - 3 playoffs. Mostly likely #1 or #2 seed in 2. LOOK AT ME!!!!

On a 8 game Win streak - it's going to hurt that much more when I lose

League I had gone from 1-5 to 6-5

Started Hillman over Brown x2 (had Andre, thought about Bryce) at the last second

Started Austin over Bowe (not much, but only lost by 3)

Started Graham over Miller

Started Forte over Beanie

Other than the Hillman play I still don't even think I made the wrong calls, but wtf

6-6 and on the bubble now (3x 8-4 and 4x 6-6 teams, 4 make it)

Other league I played RG3/AJohnson/Rice against the Shady owner, so can't complain too much.

I'm loving my depth in RB this year in a 12 team league. Cruising to the number 1 seed all thanks to f guys helping me in the draft (I picked up Ridley as my 4th rb late)

Foster

Ridley

Gore

S jackson

S vereen

Moreno

Now all I gotta do is win 2 games in playoffs, let's see how many teams sit their starting rb wk 16.....

This Saints-Falcon game is killing me. I have Brees, Moore and Sproles in one league fighting for a bye next week and instead of 24 points for 2 easy TDs, I have 0. I don't think I have ever been this frustrated watching a game in my life. To make it worse, I have Ryan and Graham in another league where a win equals a 1st place seed and bye and losing means a wild card with no bye. 2 more TDs for the Saints and Ryan isn't conservative and maybe throws the ball more than once in the second half. As I said in the in game thread, I hate FF this year. You would think that being in a decent spot for byes in 2 of 3 leagues and it would be a good year, but it has been awful. Bad decisions by me compounded by so much crap like this.

Ugh, made a dumb move by starting Brees over RG3.
It really wasn't dumb. I hope you actually didn't see the game as he had 2 easy TDs, one where Graham (timing was barely off) makes a block before Sproles caught the ball about 15 yards away and Sproles walked into the end zone. I would think 9 times out of 10 it isn't called. Offensive PI away from the ball is not common. Graham could have given the defender an extra push towards Sproles and he still wouldn't have been anywhere near Sproles.The second TD was a pass that Moore (wide open) should have caught. With those, Brees is also a little more settled down as they would be leading the Falcons 24-20 and he may even be able to get a third instead of pressing as much as he did down 10. It isn't out of the question that Brees should have have 300+ and 2-3 TDs.I had 6 guys going last night in 2 leagues, so it was a frustrating game to watch, especially knowing that all the guys (except Bryant) easily should have done more.

Week 6 I had a team of Brees, RGIII, with RBs consisting of Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews and Spiller.

Spiller was the No. 2 on his own team, Johnson was terrible, Mathews mediocre, so I desperately needed RB help, and couldn't play Brees and RGIII.

I traded RGIII for Eli and Demarco. Thinking Murray could play well every week for me, that I could turn Eli into something for a QB desperate team, and that RGIII was a sell high.

Murray got hurt the first game he played for me, and maybe will be playing this weekend (where of course, I don't need him anymore because of Spiller and the resurgent Chris Johnson)

Eli went on to have the worst stretch of his career immediately after I traded for him, thus making him worthless in a trade.

And the topper, if I just played RGIII instead of Eli the one week Brees was on a bye...I would be in first place with a bye locked up, whereas now, after Brees' disaster last night, i'm going to need some help just to get in the playoffs.

Other than that, it was a fantastic deal.

Stafford/Luck owner.

I'm 4-7 picking a starter this year.

I have 159 points at qb position for the 11 weeks I had a choice. Had I picked Luck exclusively I'd have scored 192.66; 200.62 if I started only Stafford; and 245.46 had I made the correct pick every week. I took two top 10 QBs and morphed them into a collective top 20 QB (barely), and it looks like I cost myself a playoff bye.

I was down 18. My opponent was done. I had Decker, Reece, and Martin left with standard scoring. Look like I'm going to barely lose.

Thanks Decker and Jordy.

Decker: You are excused because you simply don't get the ball.

Jordy: You are a ####### piece of #### who is made of glass. You have absolutely no excuse.

At least the Seahawks won today. I can't imagine how I'd feel if they lost.

I need Victor Cruz to score 23 points and I make the playoffs. Cruz has been slumping lately though. Cruz did score 26 points last time he played the Redskins though so I still have a slim chance. :-/

I started Blackmon(felt he would find the endzone)over Steve Johnson and had Beanie in over Forte(he had a 3 game slump and Beanie had a 2TD game last week). I wouldn't have even needed Cruz if I wasn't a bonehead.

I am the high scorer in one league...but I am 6-6...I have secured a loss this week and need to make sure a team that is 5-7 (51 less points than me on the season) doesn't outscore me by that number...right now he is up 48...has RG3 left...I have Cruz and Demarco Murray...Not feeling awesome right now - extremely disappointing season.

Users who are viewing this thread