What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Won last week and getting Crushed this week by just over 50 points due to the Manning Cruz explosion. Oh well off to week 3 for me.

so glad I benched Nicks this morning because he was doubtful w/ the foot and didn't do #### last week. But I did keep Gates in because they kept saying he was good to go...and then at the last second he's listed as out. #### you fantasy football. #### you in the eye.

Gostkowski w/ a huge day for a kicker...but couldn't finish it off w/ the game winner.. Likely gonna cost me a win. And wtf Cam Cameron? Why no designed screen passes to Ray Rice until late in the game????

so glad I benched Nicks this morning because he was doubtful w/ the foot and didn't do #### last week.
He was questionable and was expected to play, but regardless...I'm with you. I benched him at the last minute for Marshawn Lynch, because for the first time I can recall in recent years, I listened to all of the talking heads and rankers (this site included) who said I should play lynch over him.I learned my lesson. Always make my own decisions.

2nd lowest points last week and won, winning today with Cruz, Bush, Spiller, and Bowe...better to be lucky than good

Bradshaw out early

Greene out early it looks like

Gates a late scratch

F me

And Deangelo just adding insult to injury after he gets me nothing last week.

My only guy to have a good game (Reggie) is riding my bench. All my starters #### the bed, and AHern got hurt. Getting walloped.

so glad I benched Nicks this morning because he was doubtful w/ the foot and didn't do #### last week.
He was questionable and was expected to play, but regardless...I'm with you. I benched him at the last minute for Marshawn Lynch, because for the first time I can recall in recent years, I listened to all of the talking heads and rankers (this site included) who said I should play lynch over him.I learned my lesson. Always make my own decisions.
at least it was for VJax, so it was only a net loss of 10 points....but that could easily be enough to turn a win to a loss. What's worse is a bit later when I considered putting Nicks back in for Welker....but it was home vs. Az so I couldn't do it. Because of course NE will score 30+ vs. Arizona at home, right? :ptts: this game is so much fun!

Oh how I hates

Antonio Gates

And brunch with guests

Leaving my roster guessed

Maclin and Nicks

Both are pricks

Whose questionable status

Had me sit their asses

Charles and Forte

Much to my dismay

Crapped the bed

Leaving me dead

Oh how I hatesAntonio GatesAnd brunch with guestsLeaving my roster guessedMaclin and NicksBoth are pricksWhose questionable statusHad me sit their assesCharles and ForteMuch to my dismayCrapped the bedLeaving me dead
You can at least create more rhymesWhile others enjoy FF Playoff times

Lost Charles in the same league that I have Mathews in. On the bright side, I was able to make a couple of trades this morning. Traded Donald Brown, Andre Roberts for Pierre Thomas and Reggie Wayne. And in another trade I dealt Vick, R.Wilson, R.Williams for E.Manning and Pitta.

Start 2 rbs (non ppr) and I chose dmac and Ridley over bush and sproles. I will never bench bush again. Clearly his floor is significantly higher than dmac.

Good god. Started Gates, Bradshaw and S-Jax. Think I'm losing?

It was my opponents B-day this week, that'll be my excuse when he talks a bunch of ####.

Only started Amendola in 2 out of 4 leagues

McFadden.....ugggg.

The Cowboys...all of them....I am about done being a Cowboys fan after 37 loyal years. Just moved to Houston in Feb. Should make the transition easy. :bag:

In my main keeper league, so far I have had injuries to Mathews, Fred Jackson, Rashad Jennings and Ahmad Bradshaw. I have a grand total of 9.9 points for my starting RBs through 2 weeks.

:wall:

My season is effectively over already because I'll be fielding Ryan Williams or other trash at RB in my #2 slot for the rest of the year now.

Chris Johnson... I deserve that. But also having Matt Forte and Aaron Hernandez with the dreaded high ankle sprain is a backbreaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK watch this, Fred Jax, Matt Forte, Steven Jax, and Aaron Hernandez. THIS is the core of what I thought was a good team. PLUS I started Cutler over Rivers on Thursday night!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Man I'm gripping right now... Facing the Stafford owner (only player he has remaining) & I have the 49ers DST (also only thing I have left). I have a 23.5 pt lead (scoring: 1 pt/25 yds passing; 6 pts any TD, -2 pts Int for QBs). That missed 40 yard FG by Gostkowski is haunting me right now.

Signed Daryl Richardson on Wednesday to a minimum contract for 3 years in a dynasty league. Thought he had a chance to have a big role in the future and I can sit and wait on him as a future guy behind Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Stevan Ridley, Jonathan Stewart, and Rashard Mendenhall. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot McFadden, SJax, Torrey Smith, and Jared Cook. Even Brady had horrible numbers most of the game until the end.

Pending DemThom, all of my starters have #### the bed. My lineup was Flacco, SJax, Dez, DemThom, Torrey, Cobb, AHern. Have Reggie, Carson on the bench. Depending on how DemThom does, I might set the all time record for lowest amount of points.

You would think that this team would have won easily.......I can start 3 QBs in this league (2 offensive flex positions)

Ryan, Rivers, Palmer, R Rice, Spiller, Marshall, VJackson, Cobb, Gronkowski, Kaeding, PIT D

Except I played against E Manning, Luck, Nicks, Bowe, Wallace, Lynch, and Crosby. Opponent is having a career week. Eli, Nicks and Bowe scored 95 points themselves.

was down by 7 points in my 2QB league, I had Stafford left and he has Tony G, figured I was good to go. Now Im up by 2...this is going to be a brutal monday night unless Stafford picks it up.

my brilliant plan was bench Vick (v Bal) to play Cutler, trade Mason Foster (14 points) for DHB (.5 points), start Cobb (.5 points ) due to Gates being injured...and for good measure I started Hernandez (who I will now have to cut for a non-injured player)...this will be close to my lowest scoring week EVER in 20 + years of play.

Gonna lose a very close matchup because of S-Jax getting benched and Michael Griffin having the most ridiculous IDP day for a DB that you will ever see.

A total of 8.1 points for my two RBs- DMC and Dwyer. Totally whiffed on the Dwyer/Benson/K. Smith decision. Either one would have me closer going into Monday.

And he's my boy, but Aaron Rodgers???

Unless Tony G goes big, I'll be out of first place in my division for the first time since 2009.

Survived the ####show on Thursday Night from Rodgers, Marshall, and Jones and still got the win to improve to 2-0. Still healthy, still strong. Looking like a good 2012.

I just can't catch a break. Second highest scoring team in my league today, both of us are way ahead of everyone else but still down by 13 with Tamme to go Monday night.

Player - FBG Projections - Actual score - difference

Starters:

M. Stafford - 21.4 - 15.3 - (6.1)

M. Jones-Drew - 20.2 - 17.9 - (2.3)

D. Bryant - 18.9 - 4.4 - (14.5)

M. Crabtree - 16.7 - 14.9 - (1.8)

S. Holmes - 14.4 - 12.4 - (2.0)

J. Medlock - 7.5 - 5.0 - (2.5)

G. Atkins - 15.7 - 4.5 - (11.2)

J. Allen - 17.7 - 7.5 - (10.2)

J. Beason - 21.9 - 18.4 - (3.5)

C. Greenway - 22.5 - 16.0 - (6.5)

DJ. Smith - 24.4 - 18.5 - (5.9)

E. Coleman - 17.6 - 12.5 - (5.1)

R. Harper - 17.7 - 7.0 - (10.7)

Bench:

M. Cassel - 18.3 - 23.0 - 4.7

P. Hillis - 13.2 - 10.2 - (3.0)

J. Stewart - 11.4 - 15.9 - 4.5

G. Little - 12.2 - 18.7 - 6.5

D. Moore - 13.6 - 14.2 - 0.6

K. Wright - 12.2 - 11.3 - (0.9)

J. Hanson - 6.4 - 16.0 - 9.6

C. Campbell - 11.6 - 29.5 - 17.9

C. Lofton - 21.2 - 22.5 - 1.3

B. Wagner - 16.5 - 9.5 - (7.0)

G. Wilson - 17.1 - 11.5 - (6.0)

Starters still yet to play - E. Decker, T. Gonzalez & S. Nicholas

I'm currently down by 81.7 pts. EVERY SINGLE STARTER FINISHED BELOW FBG PROJECTIONS!!!! My bench of 11 players has outscored my 13 starters by 28.0 pts so far.

EPIC PROJECTIONS FAIL, FBG'S!!! I would have been better off to pick my starters out of a hat this week. :wall:

Fortunately I played this weeks low scorer, mine was second lowest no

thanks to the 1 point my 3 receivers got me but a win is a win.

Player - FBG Projections - Actual score - differenceStarters:M. Stafford - 21.4 - 15.3 - (6.1)M. Jones-Drew - 20.2 - 17.9 - (2.3)D. Bryant - 18.9 - 4.4 - (14.5)M. Crabtree - 16.7 - 14.9 - (1.8)S. Holmes - 14.4 - 12.4 - (2.0)J. Medlock - 7.5 - 5.0 - (2.5)G. Atkins - 15.7 - 4.5 - (11.2)J. Allen - 17.7 - 7.5 - (10.2)J. Beason - 21.9 - 18.4 - (3.5)C. Greenway - 22.5 - 16.0 - (6.5)DJ. Smith - 24.4 - 18.5 - (5.9)E. Coleman - 17.6 - 12.5 - (5.1)R. Harper - 17.7 - 7.0 - (10.7)Bench:M. Cassel - 18.3 - 23.0 - 4.7P. Hillis - 13.2 - 10.2 - (3.0)J. Stewart - 11.4 - 15.9 - 4.5G. Little - 12.2 - 18.7 - 6.5D. Moore - 13.6 - 14.2 - 0.6K. Wright - 12.2 - 11.3 - (0.9)J. Hanson - 6.4 - 16.0 - 9.6C. Campbell - 11.6 - 29.5 - 17.9C. Lofton - 21.2 - 22.5 - 1.3B. Wagner - 16.5 - 9.5 - (7.0)G. Wilson - 17.1 - 11.5 - (6.0)Starters still yet to play - E. Decker, T. Gonzalez & S. NicholasI'm currently down by 81.7 pts. EVERY SINGLE STARTER FINISHED BELOW FBG PROJECTIONS!!!! My bench of 11 players has outscored my 13 starters by 28.0 pts so far.EPIC PROJECTIONS FAIL, FBG'S!!! I would have been better off to pick my starters out of a hat this week. :wall:
Lol theproje io s we largely 2 to 6 pts off the mark. That's pretty good. This was a draft fail more than a projection fail.

Users who are viewing this thread