What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

I picked up Hoyer to block my opponent from having a QB this week. He had to get Gabbert as a desperation play.

In one league, due to a combination of bye weeks and injuries, my flex choices were between Stevie Johnson, Pierre Thomas, and T.Y. Hilton. Guess which one I picked. :wall:

Second time I've been burned by a microscopic point total by Lamar Miller in my lineup (only two times I've started him too). Made even worse by looking at the guys on my bench I could've played at that flex spot: McGahee, Spiller, and TY Hilton.

Looking at a sub-100 point total (that's really really ####ty in my PPR league) this week on the back of these wonderful guys:

Michael Vick, DNF

L. McCoy

C. Spiller

A. Green (WTF?)

K. Thompkins

J. Cameron

R. Gould

Bears D

Just great.

J

I'm finished with posting a 53 ... which is the lowest point score I remember for one of my teams ... EVER! Thanks to: Hoyer, RBush, Lamar Miller, J Bell, AJ Green, Hartline, J Cameron. The only reason it was as high as a 53 is that DST (Ravens) and K (Hartley) did ok.

What a weird ### week. This was the meek shall inherit the earth week. Lots of fluky stuff to play off of for trades. AJ Green can now be acquired for less, Sproles value collapses, Russel Wilson gives us a sell high game, and other positives amidst the storm that was week 5.

Go into late games up by 20 on the nose, my Romo/Dez against his DThomas/Julius Thomas/Prater...and I feel like I am toast. Only a matter of time before DThomas joins this party in Dallas

The peyton owner in my league has

Peyton, rice, morris, calvin, garcon, amendola, cameron and james jones on his bench (who he started this week). Not even sure why were playing the string out.

Started Givens and T Y Hilton on the bench could be the difference betwen win or losss.Losing faith in Givens big time

Have Peyton Manning in my main league, against the Stafford owner, it's a cakewalk.

Playing against Peyton Manning in my work league. I have Romo. It's :loco:

Nickdi said:
Was on my way to a huge win, then Tony Romo happened
Same here. My most hated player and of course I played against him in almost every league. The only consolation is the Cowboys lost the real game due to the only bad throw he made all day.

In my regular league, I have A. Johnson, Woodhead, Novak and the Atlanta defense yet to play. My opponent has Boldin yet to play. She's leading me by 16 points.

I'm probably going to lose somehow.

Arschloch said:
Anyone else going up against Terrance Williams this week?
In the same league I scored 140 pts with 5 players I'm playing against a guy starting Witten, Williams AND Romo.

I'm only winning by 6 pts now with Novak vs his Vincent Brown left.

Big swings.

Sat Stevie Johnson and Bowe for Terrance Williams and Keenan Allen this week in my $2500 league. #### what the "experts" think.

Oh by the way, depending on what happens tonight, I will likely be a combined 13-2 (possibly 12-3) in my three leagues while adopting a "Wait on RBs" strategy in all three leagues. :pickle:

Got Romo'd. If he had just a good day say 30 pts, I'd be golden right now. He got 56 and I'm ####ed.

So I originally have Austin Pettis in my lineup - pending a trade. Trade sent in Friday, no word until game time that it went through. I tell the commish I want to put Mike Wallace in for Pettis and he says it is past lineup submission time, sorry. I am pissed, but think it IS the Jags.....sure enough Pettis racks up two tds. Sometimes better to be lucky than good I guess.

Now my team is 1-4. My season is probably over. Thanks Spiller, who has the fastest 3 yards per carry in football. Thanks Gronk, whose arm still hurts from all that fist bumping he does at parties. Thanks Eli, who can barely put up decent fantasy points against the Eagles. Thanks Alex Smith for murdering Dwayne Bowe. Thanks Jared Cook for continuing to be the biggest fraud in all of football.

And of course thanks to me for once again following what the "fantasy experts" say in assembling this team of fantasy Jaguars.

0-5.

QB: Kaep

RB: AP, Miller, Mendenhall, McGahee, Tate, Ellington

WR: Cobb, Fitz, Gordon, Blackmon

TE: Graham

Thanks, crapbirds.

Oh by the way, depending on what happens tonight, I will likely be a combined 13-2 (possibly 12-3) in my three leagues while adopting a "Wait on RBs" strategy in all three leagues. :pickle:
Kudos to you. RBs have been over-valued for eons. About time people are beginning to diversify and find better values at all the other positions in FF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could've traded Michael Vick for Tony Romo (and Eddie Royal) 2 days ago. I decided to give my Eagles "one more week." Instead I ended up moving Desean to break up my reliance on the Eagles.

awesome.

I benched Romo for Rivers this week; it was my first time benching Romo this season. Romo had been mediocre, and Rivers was the #2 QB in fantasy, up to this week. I got sick of seeing all of those points Rivers was putting up on my bench, and decided this was the week I would do something about it. What a great decision that turned out to be!

(bragging here) :)

In my 2 QB league.

Rivers, Romo, Chiefs Def, Dez, Peterson, Reggie Bush etc.

Last week I scored the most points ever in our league, an this week with no Peterson and a sloppy bush still top 5 all time.

(so yah I won both weeks to now go 4/1 in that league, plus it's a total points league as well and I'm in first, by good margin) :)

After being in my Championship game for each of the past 5 seasons, I've started this year 0-5. What went wrong, I asked? I looked back at my draft, and the FBGuys rankings, as generated by the VBD app using my scoring system ...

My draft:

1.09 - Trent Richardson - ranked #3 overall, #3 RB ... a "value pick" at 1.09, right?

2.02 - CJ Spiller - ranked #4 overall, #4 RB ... another "value pick" at 2.02?

3.09 - Brandon Marshall - ranked #32 overall, #6 WR ... yet another "value pick" compared to the rankings.

4.02 - Tom Brady - ranked #49 overall, #5 QB ... a "reach", but "should" be solid. It was him, or Kapernick, at the time.

5.09 - Lamar Miller - ranked #25 overall, #21 RB ... another "value pick" compared to his #25 overall ranking.

6.02 - Antonio Brown - #16 WR

7.09 - Miles Austin - #23 WR

I don't think I need to continue ... friggin' pathetic. Some later picks include Gio Bernarnd, Knowshon Moreno, Danny Woodhead ... and I'm still the lowest scoring team in the league. By a lot.

That should have resulted in a competitive base of a team ... 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex. Instead, it has resulted in my worst team ever. In 13 seasons of playing fantasy football, I've NEVER had a worse team. I've NEVER been 0-5 ... I've rarely ever lost 5 games in a season, let alone the 1st 5 games.

I picked up Rivers to use over Brady ... I can't even trade Brady now. Nobody will take him. I can't get anything for him ... anything. I'm very, very frustrated right now.

I don't know what the point of this post is other than to vent. This team is beyond saving. Nobody will trade for these bums.

Please post the rest of your picks so that we can properly assess the extent of your misery.

Seriously though, FF sucks sometimes.

I know, FBG should be ashamed of their pre-season rankings. I mean, every other FF site had Richardson and Spiller down in Round 9 or 10 where they should have been, right?

Users who are viewing this thread