What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Got Ray Rice pretty late in a 12 team PPR redraft. Thought I really got a steal. I figured 2 games wasn't that long. Now I'm scrambling

Was down about 50 points yesterday with only Calvin and Freese to go. Unless a stat correction goes my way, I'll lose by 0.7. :sadbanana:

I'm gonna win this week, by virtue of playing the lowest scoring team of the week (well, not exactly, I'll have either 6th or 7th, out of 12, highest score). I'll give a preemptive FU to Jay Cutler, b/c I KNOW he'll screw me over at multiple points this season (it's just what he does), and now he's down 2 o-line guys and BMarsh & Alshon are gimpy.

I can just sense that Gio is gonna wind up in a full-fledged RBBC w/ Hill soon too. My team is overly reliant on Shady/Nelson/Roddy, and the fact I need a rookie WR (Cooks) to contribute on a regular basis makes me nervous.

Well, I lost this week by wimping out on Zac Stacy over Doug Martin and Demaryius producing less than I'd like.

On the bright side, I have Gordon, Benjamin, Vereen, and now Crowell to cycle into my lineup as needed. Let's see how this goes.

Got my ### kicked this week, but really excited to see Ryan Mathews bust that touchdown.

I'll probably try to trade him away, because I'm HATING the way they're rotating the backs in. Not a lot of potential there for Mathews with Woodhead & Brown cycling in so often.

I don't like to complain much with fantasy, but this particular week the guy i am playing always make side bets on our games. Well i came into this last game down 29 points, with Ellington, Floyd, and Allen left to play :wall: . It's not over yet, but this will be a nice kick in the balls if i can't win this game with these 3 going

6-2 in my money redraft leagues this week. :moneybag:

Narrowly escaped a 1.5 point win in a PPR league thanks to Keenan Allen's late drop. :excited:

I got lucky pulling out some narrow wins in low scoring matchups but I'll take it. Also traded for Ellington in one league just prior to the report of his injury being worse than thought, but he looked decent. Really worried about him holding up over a full season though. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Needed Michael Floyd to get 1 more yard....L.

Or the Freaking "loaded" Rams defense to have gotten more than, I Dunno...ZERO points!! Thanks Bradford.

3-0 in the FBG players championship.

Undefeatorded!

Suck it.

In one league at the last minute, I inserted Allen Hurns over Jacquizz as my flex; call it a hunch. Hurns got me 27; Jacquizz would have gotten me 10. I won by 12. wOOt!

Squeaked out a win this week. I would of blown my opponent out if I did not switch my Defense from SF to KC or Marty B for Josh Reed. Lesson learned from this, don't tinker.

Squeaked out a win this week. I would of blown my opponent out if I did not switch my Defense from SF to KC or Marty B for Josh Reed. Lesson learned from this, don't tinker.
who are these two that you speak of Marty B and Josh Reed?

Got shelled week 1.

Just traded Aaron Rodgers, Darren Sproles, Panthers D for Jamaal Charles, Philip Rivers, Anquan Boldin.

Had to change things up after an excruciating week at RB week 1 (Not that Charles was any better.)

I lost by .04 points (102.97 to 102.93). I needed just one more measly yard from a RB or WR (or just two additional passing yards from my QB). Michael Floyd's last catch nearly did it for me, but was just one yard shy. Easily the closest game in the history of the league.

At least I picked up Gordon in that league last week to take off some of the sting.

Was lucky to win this week, started Charles and Stacy. What saved me was the Eagles pulling their heads out of their ######' at half. Started their Defense and Foles. Eagles Defense somehow ended up being the #5 scoring defense this week.

I just noticed that one game in my oldest keeper league ended 78.60 vs 78.62. I bet both are waiting for stat corrections... ;-)

Anyone else start Pitta and Torrey Smith? :oldunsure:
You mean Dennis "Decoy" Pitta? Yeah, I started him. Problem is, my league doesn't award points for being a decoy - it awards points for touchdowns....you know, the ones that Owen Daniels caught.

Ellington, Martin, Shorts and T Smith on my dynasty team - it's week 2 and already thinking its not going to be my year.

I traded David Ausberry and Garrett Graham for Antonio Gates. Then I traded Antonio Gates and Doug Baldwin for Steve Smith. I acquired Torrey Smith and Tre Mason in a trade for Larry Fitzgerald.

...then I cut Steve Smith to fit under the salary cap (thinking I had to be under cap before I could start placing guys on IR). Then I started Torrey Smith this week. But hey, my Dynasty team is still 1 - 0! But oof, talk about mismanaging my WR3 situation.

Got Ray Rice pretty late in a 12 team PPR redraft. Thought I really got a steal. I figured 2 games wasn't that long. Now I'm scrambling
yea that was terribly handled by NFL. How do you give a ruling on something and then go back and change it 8 months later???? weird how that crap works... Screwed himself and alot of ffowners. I don't know if he is droppable in DYNASTY as I feel he will be allowed to play again look at Mike Vick......

I traded David Ausberry and Garrett Graham for Antonio Gates. Then I traded Antonio Gates and Doug Baldwin for Steve Smith. I acquired Torrey Smith and Tre Mason in a trade for Larry Fitzgerald.

...then I cut Steve Smith to fit under the salary cap (thinking I had to be under cap before I could start placing guys on IR). Then I started Torrey Smith this week. But hey, my Dynasty team is still 1 - 0! But oof, talk about mismanaging my WR3 situation.
so you went from fitzy's 3 points to torreys 2 pointers... LMAO

Brandon Marshall and Doug Martin...injuries.

Dez Bryant, Shane Vereen, and Tom Brady...can't do anything.

Keenan Allen...Seattle.

This is a bad week.

I chugged the Kool-aid on Locker and Hurns! Add those 2 to Peterson situation and Jeffery injury and this week officially sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread