What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Played Michael Floyd today because of Marshall being questionable...gave me 1.9 points...should have just taken the chance on Marshall playing.

Brag - Julian Edelman, Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, Pats D, Percy Harvin, Emmanuel Sanders, Ingram.

Vent - Charles 13 touches in two weeks.

Grieve - injured his foot :bs:

Jamaal Charles and AJ Green. Started both, and probably won't get a point out of either. When does hockey season start?

JFC!!!! My opponent has Mason Crosby, I have Jordy. Packers getting smoked at home & ####-head McCarthy keeps kicking field goals. ####

If this crop of QB's doesn't work out, the NFL is about to do a 180 and run the ball into the ground. I can't remember such crap QB play through 2 weeks.

In one league, I started Pitta over Gates at TE and went for Garcon over Ingram at flex.

In my $ league, normally I wouldn't complain about getting 19.78 points from Drew Brees, except Philip Rivers and his 31.06 points were on my bench. (I should still win, though)

In another league: started Matt Bryant over Dan Carpenter.

I could go on...

ETA: I had Jamaal Charles in one league the year he was injured very early and was out for the year. The next couple years he tore it up. This year I was able to get him in one league...and of course, guess what happened today...

Last edited by a moderator:
0-2...but at least I get top waiver priority. Good grief, drafted a GREAT team, already made a great trade to strengthen that great team...and I am out of the gates at 0-2. The only other time I drafted a team that Lineup Dominator liked more was the year I went 2-11 with the 4th highest scoring team (in an absurd year where I faced the highest weekly scoring team in 8 weeks of the 13 played). Looks like another LONG season.

Yup. Benched Marshall with the "75% likely" not playing and starter Hunter. 2TDs so far for Marshall and I'm goin to loose my week by 5 point.

FML

F*****K whichever F(((((((King reporter that said Marshall was "75%" likely not playing.

ETA: It was fartface Shefter

So glad I started Michael Floyd today since " A source said they're 75 percent sure that Marshall won't play in Week 2."

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Heading into that last 4th down play in the 49ers game, I was down 7.95 pts in a 0.5 PPR. If Crabtree doesn't alligator-arm that pass in the end zone, I win by 0.25 pts.

Winning my game this weekly 0.75 points. Guy I'm facing has nobody left. Nelson and Marshall saved my bacon.

So what's the smartest move. I have McCoy starting tomorrow night, my league does -2 points for fumbles. Should I bench McCoy and secure my win and hope stat corrections doesn't #### me? Or do I just start McCoy knowing that the odds he nets me -1 points tomorrow are slim to none.

Winning my game this weekly 0.75 points. Guy I'm facing has nobody left. Nelson and Marshall saved my bacon.

So what's the smartest move. I have McCoy starting tomorrow night, my league does -2 points for fumbles. Should I bench McCoy and secure my win and hope stat corrections doesn't #### me? Or do I just start McCoy knowing that the odds he nets me -1 points tomorrow are slim to none.
You start Mccoy, total points for tie breakers and stat corrections.

Traded Aaron Rodgers for Jamaal Charles earlier in the week.

Yeah.

Despite that, got my first win of the season in my main league, even despite the 2 pts from Charles. I also had Ryan Mathews on the bench. So this could be an interesting week going forward.

I started Jordy & Gio in one league. I also started Garcon & Hunter, in the same league.

Now I need Luck & Allen to outscore Ertz & Cooper.

Learned, or better, remembered, that it's always best to play your best players rather than gamble on a matchup that looks good on paper. Yes, I benched Rivers for Locker which probably cost me the game based on what Vinatieri does tonight...... Also, you can't overcome an injury/0 points from a top 10 player like AJ Green.

I lost Peterson, AJ Green, RGIII (my #2 QB in a superflex), and Cameron in one week.

If Peterson is suspsended for a lengthy period of time, I am screwed.

Scored 45 TOTAL pts in one league... Only one guy scored double digits. Check this sad squad out...

QB- Brees

RB- Charles

RB- JBell

WR- Garcon

WR- TSmith

TE- Gronk

Flex- Greene

K- Graham

DEF- NO

Its time for a massive overhaul

Offered up Shonn Greene & Jeremy Hill for Adrian Peterson on Friday. Guy had Peterson and Doug Martin and not much behind them, so I figured, why not take a shot that he wanted to get out of the situation. They were my RB5 and RB6.

Peterson now to play Sunday! :D

I also had Charles & Mathews injured on Sunday, so REALLY need a break here.

Sat Marshall in favor of Cordarelle based on Marshall report and because Cordarelle was to be a focal point with ADP out. Then, other than Romo throwing one touchdown pass, the rest of my squad consisting of M. Ball, R. Jennings, Calvin, Cordarelle and Gronk got shut out of the end zone. Leading scorer for the week was Justin Tucker! Next....

Damn!! said the owner of injured players AJ Green-toe, Doug Martin-thigh, Mark Ingram-hand, Gerhard-ankle. Also owned the under performing Vereen, Ryan, Floyd, F-Jax on same team

-Scored 40 more than anyone else in my league week 1,

-Scored 40 less than anyone else in same league in week 2

My opponent's starting RBs: Bishop Sankey and Jerret McKinnon. Two backup RBs whose teams got blown out. He won by 8.

Didn't help that my starting RBs were Lacy and Vereen.

Users who are viewing this thread