What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

If you're smart like me you benched Calvin

Seriously I benched Calvin for Julio

Did I mention I benched Calvin?

I have never had Peyton Manning ever on any fantasy team all these years. Never. And I've come to realize that I'd be happy if he just would only get 300 yards and 3 TDs against me every game. But no. It's always 400 and 4 or more TDs. The amount of game and $ I've lost because of him, I can't even calculate.

This is why I cheered so wildly when he #### the bed in the Super Bowl.

Truly I despise Manning.

And every other bronco. Even the only bronco I own...Montee Ball.

I need a lot from Gronk. Those two TD's should have gone to Gronk. Then, I'd need some good yards from Gronk. I need about 8/150/2 to have a slim chance.

Venting

- So much for Sankey breaking out

- Michael Floyd

- Cincinnati defense

- Jennings getting hurt

Bragging

- Andre Ellington did great

- Kendall Wright was awesome on my bench

- Glad I went Ben Tate over Toby Gerhart in my flex

Cutting Calvin and Bush. Detroit truly is a cursed organization.
Started both. When I heard Johnson would be "more than a decoy," I thought that meant he'd get throws instead of getting further injured. However, aggravating an injury and exiting literally does exceed the role of being a mere decoy. As for Bush, I figured, like many, that with Bell out . . . well, maybe was testing the decoy waters, too, and the injury was Mega-tron-esque in nature. It was Bush or Ridley, and Ridley's been so inconsistent, while Bush has been so, um, uh, never mind.

Watching the Talented Mr Roto Berry today discuss Larry Fitzgerald's newfound lowly status as a receiver not seeing the targets and no longer being a guy to start, I figured Michael Floyd would be the right player in what figured to be Arizona's best shot at keeping up with Denver's offense. I can't remember the last time my starting wide-receivers played but combined for zero points.

Luckiest win I've ever had tonight. Was up 35 with Nugent against Daolton and NE kicker. Was up 2 points after NE's last field goal....and Jason ####### Campbell came in to save my season.

Dem Thomas finally broke out for my 1-3 team. I had a 12 point lead with Gio Bernard to go. My opponent only had his kicker. :wall: Hello 1-4. Was second highest scoring team this week. And I'm second highest overall in the league. But that doesn't count for squat in H2H. This season is no fun. While I'll never bail on a league (like not maintaining a full starting lineup), I will stop putting time and effort and thought into things when everything I do fails.

Would it kill the Steelers to give Le'Veon some goal line work? Guy produces every week but never scores and those lost points have cost me a few games no doubt.

My RBs in one league... ball, vereen, ingram, mathews, crowell. Not even sure how i can fix this mess.
I feel your pain.

My keeper league's RBs - Ball, Mathews, Spiller, Ivory, and Hyde. They're killing me and wasting the fact that I have Ryan, Julio, Marshall, Cobb, and Gronkowski.

My big redraft league RBs - Peterson, R Rush, Richardson, F Jackson, D Williams, and Taliaferro. They suck too.

Pretty hard to compete when your RBs suck that bad.

Oh man what a week 5...

Jennings and Graham getting injured is not good.

Had Gronk also but just traded him before this week's game. Great timing eh?

Victor Cruz and Crabtree got a total of 3 points. Yay!

#FreeBishopSankey

Like seriously wtf is Whisenhunt doing to the Titans? Why draft a RB in the 2nd round if you're just guna play Shonn Greene and Dexter McCluster? It's a shame the game script didn't cooperate... Oh wait being up 28-3 is literally the perfect time to give your rookie RB a #### ton of carries and see what he can do grinding out the game for a win. I have no clue how these guys get jobs when they can't make simple, common sense decisions about their football team? It's baffling to me, it really is.

What were the Bengals thinking Sunday night? Did they forget how to run the ball over the bye week or just decide to not do what won them the first 3 games of the season?

And finally the positives...

Brian Quick is looking like a nice WR pickup this year, Austin Davis is doing things thx to the WRs stepping up. A Kenny Britt sighting!

Odell Beckham Jr... OBJ is guna be a beast and I'm grabbing him everywhere I can.

Looking at the top scoring players on my Waiver Wire. Heres a list of the ones that I put there (and who for): Rueben Randle (Larry Donnell), Kendall Wright (Lorenzo Taliaferro), San Diego Defense (Cincinatti Defense), Pierre Thomas (Isaiah Crowell), Stevan Ridley (Jerick McKinnon).

My Drops combined score for the week: 111.18

My Adds combined score for the week: 9.3

FML

File this under venting, which I never do as rule, but hell I need the therapy.

Traded Vinny Jackson for Griffin - next game Griffin is hurt in first few plays, loss - Cousins comes in and has a great game

Traded Mike Wallace for Montee Ball - next game Ball is hurt in first few plays, loss - Hillman and Thompson come in and have a good game

There I'm done, I feel better.

Barring stat corrections I won a close one this week, stopping a 2'game skid. However, Shady's continued meager output is worrying the crap outta me. Worse, I am counting on Roddy as my weekly WR2. The free agent pool is barren; forced to either ride this out or perform a miracle trade in a league where trades are infrequent at best

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate montee ball
I kept looking at my roster grid (CBS) and seeing Alfred Blue and Monte Ball right under him. Kind of summarizes my season so far when reading just their last names. If only Monte's last name were plural.

1-4, leading the league in points allowed. I'm firing my defensive coordinator. Anyone interested?
same boat and it's not even close - by more than 120 points. Each week we've played the highest scoring team in the league for the week except 1 and that week it was us. 2nd in points scored for the season.

worst part is it's the team I'm co-managing with my 11 year old daughter. All her friends are giving us crap about being 1-4 (in a harmless 11 year old kid kind of way) and we've got one of the top teams in the league!

The 3 WRs that I started in my standard scoring league got a combined 27 targets. They scored 13 total points.

Pathetic.

1-4, leading the league in points allowed. I'm firing my defensive coordinator. Anyone interested?
Same here and I'm 3rd in points scored in a 16 team league. Every week I run up against the hot team and this week was no different going against Peyton Manning. Really hating this ####### hobby right now.

Both weeks I have started DJax, he sucked. Both weeks I benched him, he blew up. Looks like he will be starting for a couple weeks in place of Mega.

Was feeling confident going into tonight up 37 vs his wilson and morris but with garcon going for me. Really? One catch?

That last lynch catch did it for me, wilson and his monster game brought me all the way back, kick started by gostkowski last night! Not easy beating pmanning and jThomas this week!

At least I don't have to pay attention to 3 of my leagues any longer. Seasons over, bye bye. Oh and now I have even more reason to hate seattle, f@@@ Wilson & lynch playing against cupcake redskins

Users who are viewing this thread