What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

My 2022 season in my long time redraft:
  1. Win close matchup
  2. Win blowout
  3. Loss blowout
  4. Win close matchup
  5. Win blowout
  6. Loss blowout
  7. Win blowout
  8. Win blowout
  9. Win blowout
  10. Win with the fewest points scored for the season, 3rd closest game
8-2, 2nd place
4th in points for, 9th in points against (only 3 have had more scored against.)

I had three Top 9 WRs after six weeks, then lost Hollywood Brown and Mike Williams on consecutive weeks. But while I have been scrambling to keep that part of the lineup together, Kamara and ETN started coming on. Now I have Murray on IR with three WRs lol. Just in time for the Week 11 matchup versus the #1 team (also 8-2.)

It's been another fun year in some respects (results) but in reality I find little joy hobby anymore. Used to 100% of the league renewed (6 years in a row, 8 out of 9 years.) In the last 5-6 seasons I've had to recruit 1-2 owners every year, one or two years we had to replace 3-4. Offseason recruiting is a bit of a grind.

In season, I just don't want to spend my Sundays agitated bc of the results of my magic football team. So for the 6 of the last 7 weeks or so I have been ignoring the NFL and FF on Sundays. It's so much more relaxing to just enjoy my Sunday. I still am very active Tue-Fri.

But this is it for me. I'm going to retire after the season ends. It's not fun and life is too short to waste it on things that bring you more angst than joy. Love the NFL but there's just not enough there to keep me in FF. I've been trying to walk away for a few years and this year I am going to give myself a break and let it go for awhile.

Gano 0 points Go F yourself Daboll

Close game against a top team this week and would not doubt that will lose the game for me

Cutting his a-s-s this week!

I was all mad that I went up against Bass who got 23 points. But I had Maher who is now at 22 so far. Might it be an all-time record of points for a PK matchup for one week?

Had a massive lead going into sunday night, but my opponent had Kelce and Ekeler, so I'm hoping Rondale scores less than 4.5 points. This week may be where the season gets taken out of my hands, hoping for the best but I've had some pretty awful luck so I'm lucky to be in the hunt at this point.

I came in tonight's game down by 13.84. Half point ppr, and I've got DeAndre Hopkins. He's at 13.6, and all I need is one catch. He can even lose two yards. Just give me one catch. Freaking Queensbury pulls him from the game. I hate this game. I don't care if you're a Cardinals fan or not. I hope they lose every game for the rest of the year.

I came in tonight's game down by 13.84. Half point ppr, and I've got DeAndre Hopkins. He's at 13.6, and all I need is one catch. He can even lose two yards. Just give me one catch. Freaking Queensbury pulls him from the game. I hate this game. I don't care if you're a Cardinals fan or not. I hope they lose every game for the rest of the year.
Kittle's 2nd TD put me behind by one point, and I had Hopkins as well. All 3 of my teams have Hop, all three lost, and all three dropped out of playoff positions. SMH.

Game 1 vs this week's opponent....huge lead going into MNF....Josh Allen and Diggs go off for him and I lose by just under 1 point.
This week vs. same opponent...about a 10 point lead going into MNF. I have McCaffrey, he has Kittle. :sadbanana: That late TD...like come on man, why Kittle? Mitchell getting almost all the carries instead of McCaffrey in the 2nd half, but Kittle gets the look later in the game. Ive been Shanahan'd. Story of my season really.

Just a weekly kick in the pants at my WR situation. Started Gabe Davis and Jakobi Meyers. Garret Wilson and DJ Moore easily outscoring them already. I seem to pick wrong almost every week.

Another week of crap rankings/projections at this place. Really need to look at their system on ranking/predictions, hardly ever right or even close.

Going to lose another game that I am, according to this site, predicted to win and end up losing by 20. smh

Have been predicted to win 6 or 7 straight weeks now, all by 15+ points.
According to this site I should not have lost a game and my team is really good and stacked
yet week after week I lose by 20 or barely win.

Need to find a site with better prediction/rankings

Last edited:
Another week favored by 20+ points, another week losing to an inferior team with ridiculous ******** happening

Team has broken 100 points once in 8 weeks, they have Browns D with 3 TD for 46 points
Had to play Jimmy G today due to bye, he leaves the game hurt 5 minutes in.

Fighting for playoff spot but another loss today and I am pretty much done

Been a joke of a season, with this BS happening week in, week out.

Think I am going to retire dealing with this BS year after year, fantasy is not worth it anymore.
Not fun. Any idiot can win now without putting any work into it. Just read some articles, pick up some guys and win.
Before all this content everywhere the work I put in paid off with wins all the time, now any moron can win doing nothing

My worst year in fantasy by far. Multiple times my guy gets hurt and leaves the game early. This week Lamar and Walker getting hurt will sink my playoff chances. Sucks having 2nd most points scored and not making playoffs. All luck.

My worst year in fantasy by far. Multiple times my guy gets hurt and leaves the game early. This week Lamar and Walker getting hurt will sink my playoff chances. Sucks having 2nd most points scored and not making playoffs. All luck.
100% Was not like this before, you needed luck but studying and some skill had a say.
Now fantasy is 100% luck. With the rules the NFL has now and the info. No one needs to do any work
The league is a wheel spin week to week now. Total joke

minor gripe, but still. here's my TE position production week 3 on:
half ppr
9.5 (OMG!)

so going forward i'm going to pick the scrap heap guy i like most... then scroll down to whoever is 5th on my weekly like list and start him instead.

squeaked out a crazy victory
had some bad injury luck with jones and walker going down and up against that great CLV def

was up by 3.5 pts and was done. he had only Pittman left. Pittman only got 2.6 last night.

6-1 in last 7 games and lead my league in scoring!

Another week of crap rankings/projections at this place. Really need to look at their system on ranking/predictions, hardly ever right or even close.

Going to lose another game that I am, according to this site, predicted to win and end up losing by 20. smh

According to this site I should not have lost a game and my team is really good and stacked

I was favored last week by 20+ and underwhelmed, losing. Same thing this week. Favored by 28 and lost by 2.

I agree with you this site has gone downhill. I frequently go against their picks and wind up better off. Really considering dropping next season.

I was favored last week by 20+ and underwhelmed, losing. Same thing this week. Favored by 28 and lost by 2.

I agree with you this site has gone downhill. I frequently go against their picks and wind up better off. Really considering dropping next season.
Yep, ever since Dodds left the projections have been awful.

I hate fantasy football this year. Tampa Defense needed to get me 4 measly points tonight but nope, I will miss the playoffs now because of it. 1 freaking sack!@#

Another example of horrendous projections by FBG

I hate fantasy football this year. Tampa Defense needed to get me 4 measly points tonight but nope, I will miss the playoffs now because of it. 1 freaking sack!@#

Another example of horrendous projections by FBG
There's your sack. Chin up little buddy.

This is unreal. I had Jimmy G as my starter in an 18-team league with Heinicke as my backup. When Garappolo went down, I put in waiver claims for Purdy and Huntley. They were both claimed by teams and I missed out. In this particular league our playoffs start in week 14 still, for some reason. I'm out Taylor and Olave with byes and now I don't have a QB. When Mayfield got claimed by the Rams I picked him up and put him in my lineup. I figured even if he only got a handful of plays, some point were better than none. My opponent is out Gibson, Montgomery and Pittman so at least when it comes to byes were both hurting.

IF I end up winning this is going down as the ultimate fantasy dice roll that hit, kind of.

Hate when people who are out of just don't even set a starting lineup. We've got 4 folks tied at 8-5 (one will get a bye) and one of these guys is going against a team that is starting Lamar Jackson and Cole Kmet :thumbdown:

Hate when people who are out of just don't even set a starting lineup. We've got 4 folks tied at 8-5 (one will get a bye) and one of these guys is going against a team that is starting Lamar Jackson and Cole Kmet :thumbdown:
We have had that happen in one league and those people are asked to leave the league or they are kicked out.

Another league there is a hefty fine for playing guys who are out or on bye. Has never happened as everyone is invested in it.

Another week and another *** f**king to the same team every damn week.

Lost two guys this week smh

How can you win when you lose a player almost every week in game or one of their guys has a ridiculous week also.
Have never had this happen before, team is strong and loses every week with the same crap happening

Why I think I a done with fantasy, just a complete and total waste of time now

Forgot to add that the rankings here svck, again this week!

Favored by 20+ again and going to lose.
Think I am done with this site, if I still play ff next year

Last edited:
Needed 11.5 (6 pt passing td) out of kyler Murray to make the playoffs. Brutal. Non contact injury third play of the game. A whole off season and season of hard work, research, moves, pick ups - all down the drain. Point to the shirt.

So 10 team league, standard scoring.
My team wins and I'm 8-6.
Team in 2nd loses and is 9-5.
Team in 3rd needed 17 points from James Connor and gets 13 in the first half and 3 in the second. Loses t hff e tiebreaker with less bench points. Losses second and a bye.

I now play the 6th place team with Hurts at QB and not the 5th place team who just lost Murray. 🤬

Needed 11.5 (6 pt passing td) out of kyler Murray to make the playoffs. Brutal. Non contact injury third play of the game. A whole off season and season of hard work, research, moves, pick ups - all down the drain. Point to the shirt.
Fantasy Gods are cruel.

Entering the week, my top-scoring team in a Superflex league had 4 starting QBs (sort of).
Mariota - IR
Murray - IR
Wilson - Concussion Protocol
Huntley - Concussion Protocol

Also lost Stevenson and Deebo.

Jakobi still in concussion protocol.

Thankfully Goedert comes off IR this week.

**** out of luck in the playoffs.

My only good team without bad luck this season, 10-4 win my division in playoffs with a high seed.

Now have no shot to win as Murray goes down tonight, can't replace that production.

This may well be the nail in the coffin for my fantasy career.
So fvcking sick of this BS!

Started 10-0, lost 4 in a row
1 seed, bye in first rd
Recently I’ve lost Kupp, Deebo, Kyler and I’m afraid to look today and see how bad Stevenson got it last night. I’m screwed

I needed a win to make the playoffs. Went into last night down 9 points, but my opponent had Kyler Murray. Figured I had no shot. Couldn't believe it when he went down.

At that point, all I needed was a mediocre performance from my one remaining player, RhamonD'oh!

Was anyone else leading their league in total points when they were mathematically eliminated from making the playoffs? 🤣🤣

Drafted Lance and Ryan for QBs. Ryan's a bust and Lance goes down. Pick up Garappolo instead of Geno, he goes down. Pick up Mike White instead of Purdy, that week he gets hurt and is now out, forcing me to use Ryan because in a 14 team league there's not really anyone else left. Neat. At least I didn't spend a high pick on a QB. Anyone have a QB they want to put a hit out on next year so I can draft them?

Was sitting in 1st place a few weeks ago and then barely lose with 2nd highest score because JimmyG and Walker get hurt. Next week barely lose again because White and Stevenson get hurt.

This is fun, lets do it again next year!

ETA: And now Taylor to the tent after his first touch just to complete the destruction of my team.

Last edited:
Had Indy in a big money pickem all week (pick against the spread). Heard a stat this morning that made me switch to Minnesota. I'm irrationally pissed about this.

Zay Jones is going to knock me out of the playoffs. Got a huge start from CMC and Cousins but just won’t be enough unless Saquon has a legendary game.

Going up against the top seed in the first round of the playoffs. I knew I was probably effed last night when Allen threw four TDs, none to Diggs. Heading into the 4:00 games, I was projected to lose by 20. But then Brady went for 200/2 in the first half, and it was possible to squint and think that if he kept this up, and Watson blew up again on MNF, I just might be able to pull off a miracle comeback …

Then Brady came out for the second half and went punt-INT-fumble-fumble, and the dream was dead

Going up against the top seed in the first round of the playoffs. I knew I was probably effed last night when Allen threw four TDs, none to Diggs. Heading into the 4:00 games, I was projected to lose by 20. But then Brady went for 200/2 in the first half, and it was possible to squint and think that if he kept this up, and Watson blew up again on MNF, I just might be able to pull off a miracle comeback …

Then Brady came out for the second half and went punt-INT-fumble-fumble, and the dream was dead
And now another INT, which means he’s erased all the points he got from his two TDs.

It’s actually a fair bit of poetic Justice that Brady stuck the final shiv in my corpse of a season, especially considering that I only played him because Mike White was out

Last edited:
Sat Stevenson because of the late start questionable tag😡. Played Moore of Houston over McKinnon. 🤬

Now I'm up by 4 with Watson GB versus Jones GB tomorrow. 🤞🤞🤞

Made some bad start choices and had some bad luck (Chubb with 99 yards instead of 100). But my opponent had more bad luck. I eeked my first playoff win in 3 years. I'm feeling good about it. Hopefully I can move on to the title game.

Sat Stevenson because of the late start questionable tag😡. Played Moore of Houston over McKinnon. 🤬

Now I'm up by 4 with Watson GB versus Jones GB tomorrow. 🤞🤞🤞
Another season down the tubes in the first round. Adams, Moore and Watson totaled 10 points. Nevrr going to win with that underperformance. Wound up losing by 8. 😥

Sad to lose in all leagues and have nothing left to play for already. Got knocked out by ******** variance. My dominant dynasty team built to win now loses to zay Jones and McKinnon. Still stings

I think this is way over my 30th year doing this. I am guessing I am one of the more OG Fantasy players. Back then, every Monday, running to the store to get a newspaper so I could calculate the results for my league from the box scores. My wife and I would then type up a newsletter and hand-deliver it to the league members. AOL with dial up was a game changer. This league has been around in some form since then.

Flash forward to this weekend, four teams remain--my wife, my best man at my wedding, newer friend and me. My wife is the 2 seed I am 3. This is "serious business" for her. I am way more casual. I have been in multiple leagues before and won titles, so winning is awesome, but it isn't the end of the world for me. I enjoy the game. However, if I win this weekend, I will never hear the end of it. I am trying to convince her that, "Hey at least we are guaranteed 2nd place and a shot at 3rd," but man, does she want this title. I don't see a way she beats me--my team is stacked and only lost 3 games. I went zero RB strategy, kept M. Williams (this league has weird keeper rules), drafted Jefferson and Diggs and picked up Pittman later. Throw in R. Stevenson and a rotating RB2 and I am a juggernaut. The #1 seed went RB heavy and is basically unbeatable.

I know "boring story bro" but I enter this weekend with some trepidation..

Absolutely grim outlook for Christmas Day games, need 20 points just to catch up and we both have 5 players...and normally I would be feeling good about a comeback with Conner and D.Hopkins amongst my 5, but well..........Mcsorley....I sure hope he learned how to throw this week, otherwise its gonna be 9 in the box and I'm getting coal for Christmas....

Users who are viewing this thread