What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Looking OK in the two leagues I'm in the playoffs in, for the higher stakes one I'm level with Ekeler, Miami kicker and Tampa D against AJones, lower stakes one I'm up 26 with Nuk vs Godwin, if I hadn't left Tee on the bench that would probably be won already but oh well

Losing Lockett and Olave last week really derailed my Championship hopes. Adams,Kirk, McKenzie and Osborn barely got me 10 points. Still up by 40 with AJ Dillon to go but facing Tua,Waddle,Watson and Denver D.

Picked up and started minshew cause I lost hurts. Minshew outscored mahomes and got me to the championship. Thx brother

Same :hifive:

Do you trust him this week against Saints if Hurts is out again? For some reason, feels different altogether to me. That said, I thought he played pretty well against Dallas given the circumstances he was thrown into.

Picked up and started minshew cause I lost hurts. Minshew outscored mahomes and got me to the championship. Thx brother

Same :hifive:

Do you trust him this week against Saints if Hurts is out again? For some reason, feels different altogether to me. That said, I thought he played pretty well against Dallas given the circumstances he was thrown into.

Yes. But it sounds like Hurts may return

Survived playing Carr over Lawrence thanks to big games from Waddle and Hock and solid performances from most everyone else. First title game in a long time. Feeling thankful. And lucky.

Losing Lockett and Olave last week really derailed my Championship hopes. Adams,Kirk, McKenzie and Osborn barely got me 10 points. Still up by 40 with AJ Dillon to go but facing Tua,Waddle,Watson and Denver D.
Was down to a 4 point lead with 5 minutes to go in GB/Mia game and Mia had the ball needing to score and thought I was toast. 3 Tua Ints and a couple Dillon rushes gave me a 10 point lead. Denver D got (-9) so made it to the championship.

Up 22 with only stat corrections to go. Faced Ekeler with my Tranquill tonight.

I'm fairly confident I made the finals in the aforementioned full IDP league. I'm playing against some seasoned IDP dynasty folks, so to do this in my third year with an orphan that was sorely lacking on the defensive side makes me very happy.

Whoohooo!

Last edited:
My money redraft league team has now gone from 1-6 to playing in the title game. 8-1 since then, with the one loss being by 0.14 (and then I beat that team in the first round of the playoffs.) Since Week 8 it’s been bad juju for the others in that league to play against me. My team has improved over that time but opponents have mostly performed poorly. My opponent this week, the #1 seed, had duds from Adams, Rhamondre and Folk.

Some sweet fantasy football karma working in my favor tonight!

Hurts was my QB and I didn't have a backup. My top option was using my waiver for Tom Brady. My opponent in the semi-finals beat my waiver claim for Brady, and did the move with the sole purpose of blocking me. So Plan B was Minshew. Brady scores 11, Minshew scores 22 and I win by 2. If opponent hadn't tried to block me he would've won. Instead I'm going to the championship!

I'd just like to take this opportunity to invite Mike Evans to dine on a sack of phalli. Some effing year, dude.

Spread some of this game's output over the last two games, hell maybe even just one, and I make the finals in the one where league I own him. Instead, he gets to go supernova in a meaningless game to determine 5th place.

So close, yet again, to have no one show up on championship week. In particular, the Jags' receivers do absolutely nothing against a largely pathetic pass defense in Houston (and I can say that for sure as a Texans fan). Special nod to Alvin Kamara for doing next to nothing all year long too along with Minshew folding the one week I could have used him to look like last week.

JJ probably costing me my highest stakes league, might have more of a chance if I hadn't have thought that GWilson would be a safer start than Pacheco, but one reception. Jesus

And ... it's over. Lost by 2.5. Justin Jefferson and Jalen Hurts were my MVPs during the regular season, but let me down when I needed them the most. I've made the title game at least half a dozen times in my long-running league (and made the playoffs every single year). But only have a single championship to show for it. Just no luck at all when it comes it playoffs.

And I still could've won if Mike Evans doesn't have the game of his career for my opponent.

Went with Garrett Wilson over Ken Walker. First play from scrimmage for Seattle told me it was a bad decision. Luckily for me, my opponent started Lawrence, Barkley, and McLaurin so my (mis)management didn't cost me and I won the title. Happy to have won, but can't consider this a brag because I made bad decisions all year long. I'll try to remember this season in the future when things don't go my way. I caught a lot of breaks and caught good fantasy teams on bad weeks.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to invite Mike Evans to dine on a sack of phalli. Some effing year, dude.

Spread some of this game's output over the last two games, hell maybe even just one, and I make the finals in the one where league I own him. Instead, he gets to go supernova in a meaningless game to determine 5th place.
I once watched him drop a TD that would have won me a Championship (while the player I benched him for scored enough to win). Haven't been willing to draft this dude since.

Benched Richie James, Trey McBride, and Cam Jordan in one league. Down by 40 with Joe Burrow and Vonn Bell to go. Outside chance that I still win with some big games tonight, but would be feeling pretty comfortable if started at least one of those.

I had no reasonable chance in my final until it pivoted due to my Adams and his Jefferson. Now I'm down 33 with Allen and Mixon to go. Definitely saying there's a chance now...

Went with Garrett Wilson over Ken Walker. First play from scrimmage for Seattle told me it was a bad decision. Luckily for me, my opponent started Lawrence, Barkley, and McLaurin so my (mis)management didn't cost me and I won the title. Happy to have won, but can't consider this a brag because I made bad decisions all year long. I'll try to remember this season in the future when things don't go my way. I caught a lot of breaks and caught good fantasy teams on bad weeks.

A ton of this is luck as you know. Congrats on your title

Had a season to remember because it will never happen again ... 14 team dynasty

Went 14-0 in regular season
#1 scoring team - highest score in 7 of 14 weeks
1st round bye
Won the Championship
Won our Week 18 high team score challenge

Complete sweep of the season! No real injury concerns so I know what that means for next season!

Well, we went with Week 18 stats for Bengals and Bills players in the Zealots leagues. They've officially updated the scores, and I came out ahead in the final game against a very, very worthy opponent, my dude nicknamed The Jackal.

I came from behind to win the championship based on Ja'Marr Chase's performance, a guy I traded up to get the year he was draft-eligible. This is a full IDP league, start nine on offense, nine on defense. Zealots PPR 24 Championship roster with main subs included.

QB Pat Mahomes
WR Davante Adams, Ja'Marr Chase, DK Metcalf, Christian Watson, Courtland Sutton, Allen Lazard, DJ Chark, Michael Gallup (I traded Terry McLaurin and George Pickens, who played on my team and were drafted or acquired by me)
TE Dallas Goedert, David Njoku
RB Miles Sanders, Ezekiel Elliott, Breece Hall, D'Onta Foreman, Jeff Wilson, Cordarrelle Patterson, James Robinson (I traded AJ Dillon, Khalil Herbert, and Isiah Pacheco, who played on my team and were all drafted by me)
DL Josh Sweat, Jonathan Greenard, Grady Jarrett, Zach Allen, Dorance Arsmstrong
LB Frankie Luvu, Drue Tranquill, Lavonte David, Jordan Hicks, David Long, Micah Parsons, Willie Gay, Monty Rice
DB/CB - Kamren Curl, Julian Love, Jonathan Owens (fiancé of Simone Biles), Marcus Jones, Damar Hamlin (yes, he played and started for my stupid -- by comparison to what he faced -- fantasy team Weeks 9-14. I was pulling for him right away to be okay.)

I'm really happy to have won it with this bunch. I'm not sure how we did it, but we led the league in overall scoring, PPG, tied for first in all-play, finished way ahead in potential/bench points, and finished 10-4 to get into the playoffs and then got some weird and welcome performances (Marcus Jones scored 51 points in the semi-finals) and Davante 30+ with Stidham in the final.

I'm thrilled. This is my third year since taking over this orphan, and they say it takes two and then you start competing. Well, we did that in every respect and won.

I'm happy. Peace.

Last edited:
My favorite $500 FFPC Dynasty Team has: RB1 Taylor, WR1 Kupp, TE1 Kelce, WR3 McLaurin, and RB3-4 Kamara. Looks like I picked a bad time to give up drinking!

I started Burrow/Higgins

But may have been saved by Dallas Defense and Calvin Ridley. Josh Allen has to put up 27.5 for me to lose. Looks like he broke that number 5 times last season.

I'm a J-E-T-S fan tomorrow night!

I just want to brag about my WK 1 opponent who got 46.75 points from the Dallas DST
  • 7.0 - 7 sacks
  • 4.0 - 2 INT
  • 2.0 - 1 FR
  • 12.0 - ST td + DEF td
  • 2.0 - Blocked Kick
  • 10.0 - 0 points allowed
  • 4.0 - 100-199 yards allowed
  • 2.0 - 2 4th down stops
  • 2.75 - 11 TFL
  • 1.00 - 2 3nOuts forced
2nd highest DST score in the last 19 years. Patriots put up 47.75 on a Week 2 43-0 drubbing in 2019.

I just want to brag about my WK 1 opponent who got 46.75 points from the Dallas DST
  • 7.0 - 7 sacks
  • 4.0 - 2 INT
  • 2.0 - 1 FR
  • 12.0 - ST td + DEF td
  • 2.0 - Blocked Kick
  • 10.0 - 0 points allowed
  • 4.0 - 100-199 yards allowed
  • 2.0 - 2 4th down stops
  • 2.75 - 11 TFL
  • 1.00 - 2 3nOuts forced
2nd highest DST score in the last 19 years. Patriots put up 47.75 on a Week 2 43-0 drubbing in 2019.
They scored 50 pts in my league. Guess who was up against them? All the freaking Giants had to do was kick a FG somewhere along the line and I'd have won.

I was so excited to start my team 24 hours ago. I moved from disappointment to shear astonishment of how bad week 1 was for me. I was the low scorer by a wide margin

Joe Burrow - terrible
Nick Chubb
Saquan Barkley
Mike Williams - left game
Tyler Lockett - left game
J.K. Dobbins - out
Mark Andrews - out
WAS D
Mcmanus K

1-0 Just Like I drew it up with a huge 26-23 win. How Allen didn't get 2 touchdown passes I do not know but with a week where Burrow, Chase, Waller, and Gano combined for 1 whole point I will take it...
-QG

5-0 across leagues this week.

Aaron Rodgers's season and career are likely over.

I'd take a loss in one of the leagues to have it differently.

Probably my most fortunate win in 25 years of playing FF. Down 6, my opponent had Barkley going Sunday night and I just had Bass left. He was up 12 going into last night.

The 50 yard doink won it for me by a point. And yet, I didn't celebrate. Maybe age has brought more maturity than I realized I had but I know how i'd have felt if it had happened to me. Maybe it's time to call it a day. My team sucked and I got lucky, that's all. Got no enjoyment from it.

So great I could play against Swift when he actually finishes a game. Going against Jefferson too was bad enough. To top it off, AJB gets a TD and has it called back and puts up a dud. Not fun to lose before it's even Sunday.

Going back in to retirement from fantasy football is sounding great again.

Never do this, but I am just numb. Thursday night games never workout for my players. Had Cousins, Hock, DeVonta, and Swift tonight. I was so down after taking Cooper Kupp with the 14 overall pick and not lending Puka on the waivers. I love fantasy football because of nights like this.

Users who are viewing this thread