What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

I have had the very worst freaking luck with waivers this year. The guy I either get or get stuck with (due to bidding) are just terrible (I'm looking at you Josh Kelley).

It'd be nice to hit the Puca Nacua jackpot just once this year. Yikes.

Did anyone else cut Tank Dell this week? I had to drop him to pick up a 3rd qb since I've been carrying around the dead weight that is Kyler Murray and Justin Fields. **** me

Also had Kenneth Walker, DJ Moore and Zay Flowers combine for about 10 points. Terrible week probably ended my season :/

I never have anything to brag about in this thread, only vent lol

Did anyone else cut Tank Dell this week? I had to drop him to pick up a 3rd qb since I've been carrying around the dead weight that is Kyler Murray and Justin Fields. **** me

Also had Kenneth Walker, DJ Moore and Zay Flowers combine for about 10 points. Terrible week probably ended my season :/

I never have anything to brag about in this thread, only vent lol
Traded him for because I had Nico Collins. Low and behold that looks bad so far. I still think Nico is the #1 but what the hell man?

This hobby is **** and it's best to not focus on the negative as I think there is way more negative to weekly matchup than some positive.

That said, I think I'm getting to the point where if I can't figure out to start or sit a player, I am cutting him and letting someone else take that decision from me. Too much choice = bad results.

12 team league with 3 keepers. I kept Mahommes,Pollard and Adams thinking they were all top 5 at their position. Won the league last year so drafted 12th this year and ended up with this team.
Mahommes, Purdy
Pollard,Taylor,Swift,Gainwell,Dobbins,Roschon
Adams, Olave,Ridley,Rice, G Davis, Mims
Kittle Pitts
We play double headers and I'm now 3-15 and 3-4 games behind the 11th place team 🙂🙂

I've had way too many of these weeks this season, where I decide in the final hours to change a good portion of my starting lineup. I didn't want the Colts Defense this week, so hey, the Giants Defense looked pretty good last week, let's scoop them up to play against the crappy Raiders who just fired their head coach...whoopsie! Likewise, I didn't want to play Bagent while Trevor Lawrence was on Bye this week, so wait, the experts predict Bryce Young is going to crush it against the Colts, confirmed my recent bias why I didn't want to play the Colts Defense, so I double down and scoop up Mr. Young. I will also confirm that Christian Watson will never be played in my starting lineup henceforth. The Meltdown is complete

One of the best things I’ve done. Hasn’t changed results much but has improved my peace of mind. Do your own data analysis and live with making your own decisions. It’s not about bashing experts. Use them in a pinch if you’re busy. But you will be happier with the hobby if you don’t somehow feel like it’s someone else’s fault for your own decision.

Also, there is so much luck involved that understanding that often good decisions produce bad outcomes and bad decisions can sometimes work out. Luck will probably even out in the long run. Focusing on your own bad luck outcomes is a great way to become discouraged. Many of the folks in your leagues are probably feeling pretty frustrated too. The folks experiencing good luck hopefully are enjoying the ride

3-7 😞

Never had a year like this. Been playing fantasy for 25 years.

Started Levis over Dobbs and Russell to fill Mahomes bye

Ignored noah brown on waivers for Ridley

Left Warren on bench

Also, there is so much luck involved that understanding that often good decisions produce bad outcomes and bad decisions can sometimes work out. Luck will probably even out in the long run. Focusing on your own bad luck outcomes is a great way to become discouraged. Many of the folks in your leagues are probably feeling pretty frustrated too. The folks experiencing good luck hopefully are enjoying the ride
Case in point:
Last week I took a critical loss that could end up keeping my team out of the playoffs. Except for the Browns' D and Prescott, every one of my starters scored single-digits to total 104 points (and still barely lost). This week I have five players on bye and cobbled together a lineup by literally clearing my bench and picking up a WW TE; so far I've scored 198- beating the year's league high score- and I still have Cook and Jeudy starting Monday Night. Sometimes I just don't know...

Two teams in separate leagues, very similar scoring systems. Score 120? Most weeks thats an easy win. Score 130-140? Probably gonna cream youropponent. Score over 140? Might only happen a handful of times among all teams for the year, in either league. This week?

Team 1 (4th place) scores 123. Opponent (6th place) scores 153.

Team 2 (2nd place) scores 139. Opponent (1st place) scores 134 with a Bill left tomorrow. Almost certainly cracks 145+. I left around 30 points on the bench :oops::sick:

12 team league with 3 keepers. I kept Mahommes,Pollard and Adams thinking they were all top 5 at their position. Won the league last year so drafted 12th this year and ended up with this team.
Mahommes, Purdy
Kittle Pitts
We play double headers and I'm now 3-15 and 3-4 games behind the 11th place team 🙂🙂
She's your problem.

Not really a grieve, just an evaluation:

Lost an important game because I had to choose between Pickens and Demario and chose wrong. But really, I think it was a good call that didn't work out. Demario doesn't score, the team is beaten down, was focused on the run and they were in Germany. The Steelers are contending and playing an underwhelming Packers team at home. I felt like Pickens was due for an uptick game and Demario has a low ceiling. I thought I'd need some big numbers so I went with the higher ceiling. My opponent scored one of the highest scores of the year, and I was just a few points behind.

The more I toy with it, the more it feels like the sound decision, or at least not a bad one. It just didn't work out. Sometimes that happens, and you have to keep trying to make the sound decision and hope it pays off more often than not. And maybe the points will help with a tiebreaker down the road.

3-7 😞

Left Warren on bench
This reads as if you're only in one managed league. If that's the case, the above is a good reason to join a few more. This is an intense hobby for sure. Bad weeks or different types of injuries and stuff do impact my mood. Getting in a few has helped me manage this by giving me multiple outlets. Two years ago, my one managed league was full redraft. Last year I jumped into a dynasty league. This year, two more plus a keeper league. It stinks when you have a lot of a guy (cough, Chubb) but by and large, it gives you things to focus on that are productive.

Redraft team stinks? Grind and root for the people you share the league with. Some of them might be encouraged by experiencing a little bit of success. I know I've said it more than once but playing with my son, brother, nephews and a bunch of my son's friends (most of who I've hung out with a few times) makes losing a little more palatable. Not that I like losing or having a poop week (still puts me in a funk for a few hours) but it takes a little bit of the sting out.

Dynasty team stinks? Strategy never stops in Dynasty. Everything that happens in dynasty is a chance to pivot or find an advantage. More so than in redraft, every action has an opposite and equal reaction. In leagues that have rules in place that are intended to encourage parity. Stinking can be OK if you do it right.

It's why I don't really like playing for money. I get grumpy enough losing for free.

3-7 😞

Left Warren on bench
This reads as if you're only in one managed league. If that's the case, the above is a good reason to join a few more. This is an intense hobby for sure. Bad weeks or different types of injuries and stuff do impact my mood. Getting in a few has helped me manage this by giving me multiple outlets. Two years ago, my one managed league was full redraft. Last year I jumped into a dynasty league. This year, two more plus a keeper league. It stinks when you have a lot of a guy (cough, Chubb) but by and large, it gives you things to focus on that are productive.

Redraft team stinks? Grind and root for the people you share the league with. Some of them might be encouraged by experiencing a little bit of success. I know I've said it more than once but playing with my son, brother, nephews and a bunch of my son's friends (most of who I've hung out with a few times) makes losing a little more palatable. Not that I like losing or having a poop week (still puts me in a funk for a few hours) but it takes a little bit of the sting out.

Dynasty team stinks? Strategy never stops in Dynasty. Everything that happens in dynasty is a chance to pivot or find an advantage. More so than in redraft, every action has an opposite and equal reaction. In leagues that have rules in place that are intended to encourage parity. Stinking can be OK if you do it right.

It's why I don't really like playing for money. I get grumpy enough losing for free.
Im in 2 leagues. My other team is doing good. The league I was venting about I consider my "main league".

Pretty good week for my QBs:
  1. Burrow QB7 24.88*
  2. Goff QB 8 24.12
Pretty good week for my WRs
  1. Chase WR6 27.40*
  2. Olave WR10 21.40*
  3. Reed WR11 20.40*
  4. Reynolds WR71 3.50
Pretty good week for my RBs:
  1. Gibbs RB2 26.20*
  2. Gibson RB4 22.82
  3. Warren RB10 20.00*
  4. Mitchell RB18 13.60
  5. Hall RB24 10.50*
Pretty good week for my TEs
  1. Njoku TE6 11.80
  2. LaPorta TE14 8.00*
Pretty good week for my DSTs
  1. Ravens DST5 16.50*
  2. Browns DST6 16.50
*starter

Elite? More or less none, right? Pretty good? Like....all of them? Almost.

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good. Pretty good.

Kelce and Goedert both on bye, so this was the one time I needed a 3rd TE.
  • Had to pick between Everett and Conklin . Mentally flipped a coin and chose Everett, Conklin put up 17.5
  • Oppoent started Trey McBride in a flex spot: 25.10
  • Lost by 7.6

Mahommes, Purdy
Kittle Pitts
She's your problem.
Broke my 5 week winless streak. Got a 1 point win and a 4 point loss- thanks Pollard :rant:

Was up against Singletary & Hockenson

Opponent outperformed his projection by 37.xx points - 7 of his 10 starters exceeded their projeciton

Won by 34

To recap one of my teams:

-Had A.J., Puka on bye, plus Nico and Higgins out injured
-Had to pick up guys like Quentin Johnston and Robert Woods off the scrap heap to start
-My other WR starter, Diontae Johnson, usually a target hog, does next to nothing
-I lose by less than a point tonight (barring a stat correction) because of that last James Cook drive, which included a fumble that somehow bounced back to him

Bonus pain: I was considering picking up Khalil Shakir (1 catch, 24 yards) over Woods (1 catch, 15 yards). Those extra 9 yards would've won it for me, OR, I would've won had the refs not called back that Woods TD yesterday. This was a must win for me by the way, now I have to win out and even that might not be enough.

(Forgot to add that Grupe had his lowest point total of the season. OK, now I'm done.)

Last edited:
We don't play ALL PLAY, always been the traditional head-to-head. But if we did:
  • Last 3 weeks: 32-1 .970
  • Last 6 weeks: 56-10 .848
FIGJAM

OTOH, I am 5-5 and barely in the playoffs at 5-5; 2nd in scoring so will win the tiebreakers if I keep it going. 3 straight wins.

Dug a hole early, starting 2-5. The All Play by week:
  1. 3-8 loss
  2. 1-10 loss
  3. 9-2 win
  4. 1-10 loss
  5. 11-0 win
  6. 8-3 loss
  7. 5-6 loss
  8. 11-0 win
  9. 11-0 win
  10. 10-1 win
Big yikes eh. Gotta keep it going, no margin for error with only 4 weeks remaining. 2nd in Power Rankings and projected to go 9-5 but that means nothing.

Salvaged 2 wins this week -

Needed Kincaid to outscore Gabe Davis by 2 (TE-only PPR) :thumbup:
Needed Javonte to outscore Jeudy by 8 (full PPR) :thumbup:

Thought a 33 point lead with Diggs and BUF D would win vs J Cook, Kincaid and R Wilson.

Nope. Outscored 50-12 and lost by 5. Thanks Josh Allen for being an idiot.

We don't play ALL PLAY, always been the traditional head-to-head. But if we did:
FIGJAM

OTOH, I am 5-5 and barely in the playoffs at 5-5; 2nd in scoring so will win the tiebreakers if I keep it going. 3 straight wins.

1. 3-8 loss
  2. 1-10 loss
  3. 9-2 win
  4. 1-10 loss
  5. 11-0 win
  6. 8-3 loss
  7. 5-6 loss
  8. 11-0 win
  9. 11-0 win
  10. 10-1 win
Big yikes eh. Gotta keep it going, no margin for error with only 4 weeks remaining. 2nd in Power Rankings and projected to go 9-5 but that means nothing.
I feel your pain man. I'm the highest scoring team in the league by almost 100 points over the next highest scoring team and I'm 5-5. The last two week I was the 3rd highest scoring team each time and lost both weeks

FIGJAM

1. 3-8 loss
  2. 1-10 loss
  3. 9-2 win
  4. 1-10 loss
  5. 11-0 win
  6. 8-3 loss
  7. 5-6 loss
  8. 11-0 win
  9. 11-0 win
  10. 10-1 win
I feel your pain man. I'm the highest scoring team in the league by almost 100 points over the next highest scoring team and I'm 5-5. The last two week I was the 3rd highest scoring team each time and lost both weeks
Josh Allen
Christian McCaffrey
Saquon Barkley
Keenan Allen
DJ Moore
Sam Laporta
Dustin Hopkins
Cleveland D/ST

I've been rotating Nico, McLaurin & J Cook in my flex but only because Kyren Williams & Achane are both hurt

There is no way my team deserves to be 5-5, it's ridiculous!

FIGJAM

1. 3-8 loss
  2. 1-10 loss
  3. 9-2 win
  4. 1-10 loss
  5. 11-0 win
  6. 8-3 loss
  7. 5-6 loss
  8. 11-0 win
  9. 11-0 win
  10. 10-1 win

Pain?

Brother man, without pain life would be boring af.

Or so i've always presumed.....

I wish MFL would quit changing URLs for leagues. They did this for 2 of my leagues today and couldn’t access them via my bookmark. I had to select My Account from a league where they didn’t change the URL, select the league in question, go to it, copy the URL into my clipboard, then change the bookmark for the bad URL with the new one. Why in the hell did they do this?

3-7 😞

Left Warren on bench

For the first time in decades I played in just one league last year. It was a fresh experience riding the ups and downs of exactly one team and having all eggs in one basket. The season even had a happy ending with a title...and I'll never play in just one league again.

Point is, even if it works out exactly the way you want, you'll miss not having another team or two (my personal max is three) to manage and see them tell their own story. And I agree about not caring about playing for money. When you calculate the hours you put in versus what you could win...nobody plays for money unless they don't value their time at all.

FIGJAM

1. 3-8 loss
  2. 1-10 loss
  3. 9-2 win
  4. 1-10 loss
  5. 11-0 win
  6. 8-3 loss
  7. 5-6 loss
  8. 11-0 win
  9. 11-0 win
  10. 10-1 win

Pain?

Brother man, without pain life would be boring af.

Or so i've always presumed.....
This comment immediately made me think of one glorious year when I was playing in a very competitive total points league that almost always came down to the very last week. In that particular year I crushed most of my picks and ran away with the title. It was just that one season where the stars aligned in a way that hadn't happened before and hasn't happened since. It was over with a month left to go and it was headed that way for weeks before then. Largest margin of victory in league history by a wide, wide margin.

There was no pain and yes, it was almost boring at the end. And it's probably the year I look back on with the fondest memories. I would take that boredom every single year, or most years, or a few years, or even just one more year. I've also had seasons where I had to come back to win in week 2 of a two-week Super Bowl to take the title, and where I barely snuck in the playoffs and somehow got past the league bullies to win it all. Plenty of pain in those years.

And you know what? I prefer boring. Sadly, this year is definitely not boring, and I miss it.

I'm just looking back at a draft I did in a league where I'm 5-5, and 8/15 of the players I drafted have been on IR at some point with the remainder being Olave, Pierce, Mattison, Javonte, Bigsby, Thielen and Mooney. I'm not quite sure how I'm still alive

In like week 3 or 4 I picked up CJ Stroud off the waiver wire. Then I realized I stupidly picked up a guy who had the same bye week as my starter and Stroud was basically useless. So I dropped Stroud. Who was my starter? Joe Burrow. Grrrrrr.

In like week 3 or 4 I picked up CJ Stroud off the waiver wire. Then I realized I stupidly picked up a guy who had the same bye week as my starter and Stroud was basically useless. So I dropped Stroud. Who was my starter? Joe Burrow. Grrrrrr.
It was a good decision. In hindsight it looks lousy, but it made sense at the time. You just have to remember that as he's throwing touchdowns for someone else. Tough break.

Starting WRs today we're Diggs, DJ Moore, Jayden Reed and Shakir. Who'd have guess Diggs would have been the worst of that group by 13 points below the 3rd WR.

This damn game :lmao: I needed 1 catch from TJ hock. 2 broken up passes on the last drive. Lose by less than 1 point. :ptts:

lets hope for a scoring adjustment. 😎

Needed 18.5 points in a PPR from Kelce and AJ Brown.

They gave me 17.2. AJ Brown with 1 catch and Kelce's fumble cost me.

Last edited:
Went against #1 team and Andrew’s going down and starting Mitchell over Warren didn’t help. Going into tonight I was done but he had Brown and Kelce. Just won my 6th in a row. LFG🔥🔥

On my bench...

Jaylen Warren
Jaylen Reed
Calvin Ridley
James Cook
And I lost bt 5. And if MVS catches that TD I win (mahomes owner). So one of the most frustrating fantasy losses I've had In a few years. And now I'm officially out of the playoff picture so time to focus on my other league.

Highest three scores of the week - 139, 126, 108. Guess which one was mine and which one was my opponent's. League now sees me at 4-7 three games out of a playoff spot with four weeks to go despite scoring 8 points per game more than anyone in the league

Users who are viewing this thread