What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (3 Viewers)

The real question is what are some of you going to do when this series is over.
The Big Three networks get dumped on for lack of quality, but I think "Elementary" on CBS was the best new show of last season, and I look forward to it starting up again in late September.

EDIT: "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" starts up in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walt is going to use the ricin on Hank. Hank dies but, in a twist that only I saw, the ricin turns Hank into a zombie. Making Hank patient zero for the tie in with the Walking Dead.

Boom. Crossover.

The one thing, aside from the obvious, that I want them to clear up in the last episodes is what happened between Walt, Gretchen, and Wayne Kirkby? Why did he leave GreyMatter? Is there something in that storyline that might explain (more) about why he 'broke bad'?
That would be the worst possible direction for the show to take at this point. You can't be added some last minute justification/explanation. That might ruin everything that came before it. If they wanted to provide more background on Grey Matter they would have done so by now.

Hank although somewhat self loathing also believed he was the best at what he did. He worked harder and was smarter. To find out this monster was right under his nose the whole time was crushing, especially with all the
clues pointing to Walt: unemployed chemistry teacher, lab equipment that was found in season one which came from his lab which only he had a key to, the pinkmam tie-in,the new cars, the sketch of Heisenberg, the BS black jack story, both of them not working but living well, the extra cell phone, his new apartment, Beddickers notes - I had more clues but I passed out. All the people that died, Banks injuries, the phone call, how it effected his family and his psyche, the destruction of the south west by the crystal blue. It's just too much for Hank to deal with. Cat comes out of the bag. Hank loses his mind becomes a bumbling idiot replaying the last year and a half over and over again through his head. He ends up in a psych ward. The toll hits the family hard. Skyler confronts Walt. An altercation ensues, Flynn kills himself, Skyler makes off with the baby and the dough leaving Walt with barely any money and family. Instead of spending his 52 birthday eating a plate of eggs Skyler decorated with bacon at home with his family, this is done at the diner (season 5 Ep. 1). After being on the run and coming up with no viable plan Walt then returns home realizes the dream is drfinitley over, he has no one, grabs the ricin, eats it, montage ensues - fades to black.Pinkman goes to a meeting, returns home and plays video games.

The one thing, aside from the obvious, that I want them to clear up in the last episodes is what happened between Walt, Gretchen, and Wayne Kirkby? Why did he leave GreyMatter? Is there something in that storyline that might explain (more) about why he 'broke bad'?
That would be the worst possible direction for the show to take at this point. You can't be added some last minute justification/explanation. That might ruin everything that came before it. If they wanted to provide more background on Grey Matter they would have done so by now.
Yeah, we don't need to know anymore at this point, and there certainly doesn't feel like there's enough time for it.

Even if you can get past the fact that she's see-thru, the neurosis wouldn't bother you? She would make caffeine nervous.
I think my Lydia fascination goes like this: she's obviously a go getter. Had a nice cushy position with Madragale, she's calculated obviously, has no issues dealing in large amounts of drugs - she's a risk taker - ends justify the means, snappy dresser, used to getting her way, absolutely determined although a bit neurotic and paranoid - the perfect woman to dominate on a sexual level. She needs to be put on her place and what better way to do that than to have her biting a pillow?

Gray Matter is nothing more than the fuse which led to him Breaking Bad. He mortgaged his future for a couple rent payments. Pretty sure he was in love with the broad, their relationship ended like everything for Walt because he was never a go getter and he accepted a buy out. The experience had long term ramifications. He settled for less. A life at one point he never dreamt would be so mundane.

Even if you can get past the fact that she's see-thru, the neurosis wouldn't bother you? She would make caffeine nervous.
I think my Lydia fascination goes like this: she's obviously a go getter. Had a nice cushy position with Madragale, she's calculated obviously, has no issues dealing in large amounts of drugs - she's a risk taker - ends justify the means, snappy dresser, used to getting her way, absolutely determined although a bit neurotic and paranoid - the perfect woman to dominate on a sexual level. She needs to be put on her place and what better way to do that than to have her biting a pillow?
I can't think of a better way.

Where do we rank Breaking Bad going forward?

3rd best drama of all time?
Pretty much hit this square in the nuts
Except you were 2 away from the correct answer
That post was made over 3 years ago. Before many folks began to watch on Netflix. I watched the series from the second episode. I do not believe its the best ever. First of all its not even over yet. Still time to drop in the rankings. Doesn't matter how it ends I don't believe it will ever connect with its viewers the way the Soprano's did. The Wire still seems to be as good if not better and I'm sure I could think of another series or two that rivals it. I'm sure I can bump this thread in 2018 and provide a slew of rankings which will have it falling somewhere between 3 and 5 on the all-time list with very very few ranking it #1. I'd bet money on it. I'm generally the resident clairvoyant in this place. Just putting that out there if you havent kept a decent notebook.

All sorts of disheveled worn out with her pantsuit crumpled on the floor of a Holiday Inn Express

Oh no coffee for her, no sugar - stevia. When Lipton was the only option she chooses to drink hot water with lemon which means she's a bit finicky but also likes to take care of herself - I like a girl who takes care of herself, physically. Pretty sure she's waxed and smooth and well groomed.

Gray Matter is nothing more than the fuse which led to him Breaking Bad. He mortgaged his future for a couple rent payments. Pretty sure he was in love with the broad, their relationship ended like everything for Walt because he was never a go getter and he accepted a buy out. The experience had long term ramifications. He settled for less. A life at one point he never dreamt would be so mundane.
The relationship ended before the buyout.

The relationship ended before the buyout.
No ####.

Walt went into more detail in grey matter just recently in season 5a with Jesse. It's quite clearly one of his main motivating forces for building an empire and not accepting their money for treatment in season 1-2. It wouldn't be new at all.

Speaking of backstory, I think they did the perfect amount for Walt, but I think they made a minor mistake doing too much with Jesse.

I've watched the first 4.5 seasons three times now and Jesse going back home is as utterly unwatchable as watching Marie steal or Skyler mope (not that the latter is really that bad). It's just totally unnecessary.

We don't need to spend extended time with the Pinkman family to know what we need to know about Jesse. And we certainly don't need to know that his little brother is a pot-smoking Mozart.

Minor quibble for a brilliant show, but the whole thing was useless and boring.

Speaking of backstory, I think they did the perfect amount for Walt, but I think they made a minor mistake doing too much with Jesse.

I've watched the first 4.5 seasons three times now and Jesse going back home is as utterly unwatchable as watching Marie steal or Skyler mope (not that the latter is really that bad). It's just totally unnecessary.

We don't need to spend extended time with the Pinkman family to know what we need to know about Jesse. And we certainly don't need to know that his little brother is a pot-smoking Mozart.

My guess is that was the writers trying to find something for Jesse to do since they were going to off him early on.

My guess is that was the writers trying to find something for Jesse to do since they were going to off him early on.
It transitioned well into him buying the house from his parents and I believe it was one of the first times Saul was heavily involved.

I have had DirecTV since 2000 and have no recording devices. I just watch shows when they are on or I don't watch them. Well, there are some occasions where I have my parents record a show and I will watch it the next time I go visit them.
How much extra $ is it to have your parents put another DVR box in the basement?

It transitioned well into him buying the house from his parents and I believe it was one of the first times Saul was heavily involved.
It did, but they just didn't need it. They could've easily done the house buying scam without that.

Other than not knowing what to do with Jesse, it's pretty clear they sent us to the Pinkman's to learn more about Jesse.

Because it's very hard to figure out that a methcooking loser that dresses like an complete idiot has parents that disapprove of him and don't like him very much.

It's also hard to figure out Jesse has always desperately yearned for parental approval because, you know, there was never anything else in the story that told us that.

Anyway, not a major knock. Every show has some questionable, boring, and/or useless moments along the way.

It did, but they just didn't need it. They could've easily done the house buying scam without that.Other than not knowing what to do with Jesse, it's pretty clear they sent us to the Pinkman's to learn more about Jesse.

Because it's very hard to figure out that a methcooking loser that dresses like an complete idiot has parents that disapprove of him and don't like him very much.

It's also hard to figure out Jesse has always desperately yearned for parental approval because, you know, there was never anything else in the story that told us that.

Anyway, not a major knock. Every show has some questionable, boring, and/or useless moments along the way.
Not much of a backstory, really. He is a main character, so we found out a bit about his life. It helped to explain his constant defending of children, which IMO seemed way too contrived and his constant wacked out, I'm a disconnected loser mental state. Was is too much, no. Story needed it. All that drama over showing the house, Saul's role. We're we just supposed to infer his background?

It did, but they just didn't need it. They could've easily done the house buying scam without that.Other than not knowing what to do with Jesse, it's pretty clear they sent us to the Pinkman's to learn more about Jesse.

Not much of a backstory, really. He is a main character, so we found out a bit about his life. It helped to explain his constant defending of children, which IMO seemed way too contrived and his constant wacked out, I'm a disconnected loser mental state. Was is too much, no. Story needed it. All that drama over showing the house, Saul's role. We're we just supposed to infer his background?
We could've met his parents for 30 seconds (while they were kicking him out of the house) to have all the set-up we needed for the housebuying plot.

We know enough about Jesse from what happens in the main story. We didn't need an extended meeting of his parents and brother.

His backstory mirrors what we'd mostly expect of suburban meth-cooker.

The only thing interesting or noteworthy about Jesse's background that required any sort of explanation was his relationship with his aunt and how the loser ended up living in a decent house by himself.

Was playing poker with an old friend (we also play FF together), and he said, "Is that Walter White pic on your FF team main page?" It was the pic of Heisenberg at Tuco's office. He couldn't tell for sure because he only had watched the first three episodes and I am pretty sure WW had all his hair.

I said that pic comes from an episode at the end of Season 1. Told him, Damn, I wish I could watch it again through your eyes

All sorts of disheveled worn out with her pantsuit crumpled on the floor of a Holiday Inn Express
I missed you. Don't you ever run away again! :wub: P.S. Did we ever find out if A.J. took on a bigger role within the family?

It did, but they just didn't need it. They could've easily done the house buying scam without that.

Other than not knowing what to do with Jesse, it's pretty clear they sent us to the Pinkman's to learn more about Jesse.

I didn't find it boring or useless at all. I think a large part of this show is the dichotomy between Walt and Jesse - the amoral/evil but appearing put together smart guy vs. the average druggie. Most of us/the viewers can relate to this standard frustrated family man. Not many of us can relate to the druggie. Jesse's story provided character to the character - especially the scene where he doesn't turn in his brother.

I totally disagree. IIRC, that was during the period between them offing Krazy-8 and Emily and going into business with Tuco, so it showed how Jesse was trying to get back to a somewhat normal life. Juxtaposed with Walt's aggravation over being offered money by Gretchen and Elliot, it was a demonstration of why both got back into the meth business so quickly: Jesse had nowhere else to go, and Walt needed the money because his ego and pride wouldn't allow him to take money from Gretchen and Elliot. Had they glossed over Jesse and his parents, it would have been rushed and the significance would have been lost.

Plus, his brother smoking pot was our first glimpse at the soft spot Jesse has for kids. And it showed that he was not a totally bad guy, as he took the heat and blame for the pot, instead of his outing his little brother.

I totally disagree. IIRC, that was during the period between them offing Krazy-8 and Emily and going into business with Tuco, so it showed how Jesse was trying to get back to a somewhat normal life. Juxtaposed with Walt's aggravation over being offered money by Gretchen and Elliot, it was a demonstration of why both got back into the meth business so quickly: Jesse had nowhere else to go, and Walt needed the money because his ego and pride wouldn't allow him to take money from Gretchen and Elliot. Had they glossed over Jesse and his parents, it would have been rushed and the significance would have been lost.

Plus, his brother smoking pot was our first glimpse at the soft spot Jesse has for kids. And it showed that he was not a totally bad guy, as he took the heat and blame for the pot, instead of his outing his little brother.
:goodposting:

One of the more obvious themes of this franchise has been the role reversal that's taken place between Walt and Jessie. In the beginning, Jesse was the veteran of the drug business while Walt was completely out of his element. Now, of course, Walt is just plain evil and Jesse is the one who doesn't fit anymore. He tried to be the bad guy for a while, but ultimately that's just not him. None of us have any trouble buying Walt's transition, and the backstory bit with Jesse helps make his change of heart more believable.

One a side note, a Breaking Bad movie might be the single worst idea of all time. What makes this show great is that it presents what is essentially one long story over the course of 50 or so hours. There is absolutely nothing that this show does that would translate to a 90 minute film. Horrible idea.

BTW, what in the heck where the lame-brain execs at AMC doing pitting the final four episodes of the best show in TV history up against the first month of NFL football?
I thought that was strange, too. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am much more likely to watch the football game live and then watch Breaking Bad on DVR when the game is over.
Not everything is about the east coast. I mean, most things are, but not this one particular thing.

:goodposting:

One of the more obvious themes of this franchise has been the role reversal that's taken place between Walt and Jessie. In the beginning, Jesse was the veteran of the drug business while Walt was completely out of his element. Now, of course, Walt is just plain evil and Jesse is the one who doesn't fit anymore. He tried to be the bad guy for a while, but ultimately that's just not him. None of us have any trouble buying Walt's transition, and the backstory bit with Jesse helps make his change of heart more believable.

One a side note, a Breaking Bad movie might be the single worst idea of all time. What makes this show great is that it presents what is essentially one long story over the course of 50 or so hours. There is absolutely nothing that this show does that would translate to a 90 minute film. Horrible idea.
Agreed all-around.

BTW, what in the heck where the lame-brain execs at AMC doing pitting the final four episodes of the best show in TV history up against the first month of NFL football?
I thought that was strange, too. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am much more likely to watch the football game live and then watch Breaking Bad on DVR when the game is over.
Not everything is about the east coast. I mean, most things are, but not this one particular thing.
I don't live on the East Coast, so, uh, okay. :lol:

I have had DirecTV since 2000 and have no recording devices. I just watch shows when they are on or I don't watch them. Well, there are some occasions where I have my parents record a show and I will watch it the next time I go visit them.
How much extra $ is it to have your parents put another DVR box in the basement?
I don't live with my parents, flaptits. I thought I made that obvious in the post.

I don't live with my parents, flaptits. I thought I made that obvious in the post.
:lmao: well "visit" could have meant walking upstaiirs....

Anybody watch the very first ep lately? There will probably be some direct tie to the last scene of the show. I may take a look when I have time to burn.

The real question is what are some of you going to do when this series is over.
Hope they make a movie. :shrug:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPs3EnqSj8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
spoiler!!! Arragaggagagaggsgagsggsjdjeheufjhdhdhdhfejdehehfbebehbhcdbhef
ya i cant believe more hasnt been made of this ...unless nobody has seen it lol
I don't think anyone thinks Aaron Paul would actually give up the ending of BB to the paparazzi. He was clearly being facetious......or was he? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread