What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (2 Viewers)

I know with all of these shows there has to be a suspension of belief to make it work... But wouldn't the DEA guys have checked the motel records to make sure Jesse and Wendy (Windy) were there when they said they were?

Minor nitpick. Still a very good episode.

I know with all of these shows there has to be a suspension of belief to make it work... But wouldn't the DEA guys have checked the motel records to make sure Jesse and Wendy (Windy) were there when they said they were? Minor nitpick. Still a very good episode.
Maybe it's her room. After all, she's a hooker. Didn't the prior scene with her take place in the parking lot of a motel?

I know with all of these shows there has to be a suspension of belief to make it work... But wouldn't the DEA guys have checked the motel records to make sure Jesse and Wendy (Windy) were there when they said they were? Minor nitpick. Still a very good episode.
Maybe it's her room. After all, she's a hooker. Didn't the prior scene with her take place in the parking lot of a motel?
Yeah...that scene with her, Hank and Walt Jr. was the set-up for this resolution. She lived there (or was there a ton) and Hank knew that (and so did Jesse). So when she said she was there for days, they had to buy it.

I knew they should have offed the old guy with the bell. He's gonna bring Tuco's family down on them HARD now that he knows who Jesse is.

After 3 episodes of this show, I'm hooked. First show in a long time where I was looking at the remaining time of the recording wishing there was more time left.

I think the actor that plays Jesse is excellent. All of them are except for the DEA's wife. SHe's just annoying.

Is it just me or is "Jesse" the worst actor ever?
Them tweaker kids are real messed up. I think he may be nailing it. I go back and forth on this though. Love the show. Just caught up on all three new episodes in a row on demand. I can't believe they left Tuco in the grave "to bleed". Ridiculous. Other than that this might be the most well-written show there is.

Another solid episode last night even though there wasn't much action. The openings that they are using with the pink bear in the pool and the evidence bags is great.

I think they are drawing out the Skylar/Walt 'tell me the truth' thing a bit much...but it's a minor complaint because the stubbornness of both characters is probably pretty realistic with a long marriage situation like that.

Is it just me or is "Jesse" the worst actor ever?
:confused: I just started watching this season and I love the show. However, Jesse is just awful. Not only is he a clone of Rob Dyrdrek but his whiney tone bugs the hell out of me. Not to mention him shouting all the time reminds me of hipster version of Al Pacino during the downturn of his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rocky Dennis said:
That, folks, is what is known as a "filler" episode. :shock:
I still liked it. Was intrigued by the junkies and what took place in that house.
Huh. That was the part of the episode I thought was terrible. It was cliche and anti-climactic. You knew the two were going to get in a fight the minute they had them arguing in the yard before coming in the house. The Walt v. Gretchen stuff was pretty fun for what it was...but what it was really didn't bring any tension or plot development.I'm waiting for the day that Walt tells Skylar the truth...then she doesn't react...then the next morning she has spreadsheets and plans for the operations of the meth distribution.

As I am watching this, I could easily envision the series ending with Walt finally getting the good news about his cancer but his son dying from the meth he cooked leading to a suicide. Kind of Shakspearean.

This is a great series - but I hate that it will likely turn out so badly. I keep thinking, "What the hell are they thinking????" Bad decision after bad decision. No out plan whatsoever. Walt may not care to have one, but he should, otherwise how is his family gonna reap the benefits? And poor Jesse is so slow that he can't think that far ahead. This whole new territory thing is such a bad idea.

...though I did laugh when Walt was able to get Jesse psyched by making him holler he was a blowfish. Good dark comedy there.

That was a really fun episode. Love Saul. Love the break from the home life of Walt. Love the look that Hank gave after the got the fake Heisenberg. Too easy and he knows it. I can't wait for the moment Hank realizes that Walt is the guy.

That was a really fun episode. Love Saul. Love the break from the home life of Walt. Love the look that Hank gave after the got the fake Heisenberg. Too easy and he knows it. I can't wait for the moment Hank realizes that Walt is the guy.
...which will probably coincide with Hank's fatal heart attack.

They gonna have a season two marathon? Watched the first season and never saw the season finale and thoughtt they had canceled it.

Great episode last night. Right up there with the episodes involving Tuco's uncle in my opinion.
Cranston is such a great actor. That role is so difficult and he nails every scene.EDIT: To add that I'm not sure who played the part or what the story was...but the actor that played Tuco's uncle was unreal in that role too. Totally believable in a totally ridiculous situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got caught up. Did anyone else get the feeling they were channeling the Soprano's when they were stuck out in the desert? Remember when Christopher and Paulie chased the Russian into the woods and got stuck there overnight? Reminded me of that.

Just another solid episode, show just keeps on rolling along. Can't remember the last time I was disappointed in an episode.

Just another solid episode, show just keeps on rolling along. Can't remember the last time I was disappointed in an episode.
Always solid. I thought they were going to lose the whole RV in the fire, along with the meth.I loved when Jesse described his planned trip to the O'Keefe exhibit. :shrug:

jamny said:
beer 30 said:
Always solid. I thought they were going to lose the whole RV in the fire, along with the meth.I loved when Jesse described his planned trip to the O'Keefe exhibit. :lmao:
:( I'm feeling his little Emo girl as well. She has that dirty, I'm a former drug addict look and ready to pounce - definitely not afraid of happiness.

Most probably know, but just in case. Saul is Bob Odenkirk, a fantastic comedian. The guy is gold - ever see Mr. Show that was on HBO?

Can someone smarter than me explain what the blowup by the pool, followed by the endless work around the house is all about?

Does he have issues about not feeling needed or something? I'm lost.

Can someone smarter than me explain what the blowup by the pool, followed by the endless work around the house is all about?Does he have issues about not feeling needed or something? I'm lost.
He was having difficulty going back to his normal life after having lived the last few months as a criminal. That was taken care of in the last scene. He has come to terms with who he is--a meth dealer.

Can someone smarter than me explain what the blowup by the pool, followed by the endless work around the house is all about?Does he have issues about not feeling needed or something? I'm lost.
He was having difficulty going back to his normal life after having lived the last few months as a criminal. That was taken care of in the last scene. He has come to terms with who he is--a meth dealer.
Nice. :rant:

Users who are viewing this thread