What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (3 Viewers)

There will be a character named Gus introduced down the road. He is a drug kingpin. He will eventually work with Walt, but then Walt will feel threatened by him. Walt will find a way to kill Gus. I believe it will be done using a old man who communicates by ringing a bell. Walt will likely rig the old man's wheelchair to explode while Gus is in close proximity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walt doesn't show up for the birth = last straw. Skylar ends up in the boss's arms. At least that's what we're supposed to think.

Can't get enough of this show.

I've been making my own projections about the story line, but seeing the last episode and preview for next week, I'm kind of in the air again as to which way it will go. I have suspected all along that he would end up surviving the cancer to end up as a major drug player and he would have to deal with those problems while hiding it from the family.

It seems like the door is open now for Walt to lose his family life in exchange for the thug life (one way or another). Any chance Walt ends up taking out his own family in a fit of rage - becoming a bit of a more intense Tuco type of character? In a previous episode they showed two bodies in his driveway - what if those bodies are of Skyler, Walt Jr and the baby (in Skyler's arms).

I think the clues are there for the family to go down, I have my doubts though that Walt ends up dying.

The ultimate "ironic" punishment for him would be that his family suffers due to his actions (which began with good intentions) and he ends up surviving - alone.

Excellent excellent show, best drama on TV. Wife and I are equally into it so much that she won't insist on watching desperate housewives anymore. :moneybag:

I've been making my own projections about the story line, but seeing the last episode and preview for next week, I'm kind of in the air again as to which way it will go. I have suspected all along that he would end up surviving the cancer to end up as a major drug player and he would have to deal with those problems while hiding it from the family.

It seems like the door is open now for Walt to lose his family life in exchange for the thug life (one way or another). Any chance Walt ends up taking out his own family in a fit of rage - becoming a bit of a more intense Tuco type of character? In a previous episode they showed two bodies in his driveway - what if those bodies are of Skyler, Walt Jr and the baby (in Skyler's arms).

I think the clues are there for the family to go down, I have my doubts though that Walt ends up dying.

The ultimate "ironic" punishment for him would be that his family suffers due to his actions (which began with good intentions) and he ends up surviving - alone.

Excellent excellent show, best drama on TV. Wife and I are equally into it so much that she won't insist on watching desperate housewives anymore. :goodposting:
I guess I thought that's what it was right away. I suppose you're supposed to think it's Walt and Jesse. But that doesn't make sense as the show is over if that happens. So my mind went directly to the family.Agreed on the awesomeness of the show though. Great writing, solid acting, lots and lots of possibilities.

Excellent excellent show, best drama on TV. Wife and I are equally into it so much that she won't insist on watching desperate housewives anymore. :goodposting:
I guess I thought that's what it was right away. I suppose you're supposed to think it's Walt and Jesse. But that doesn't make sense as the show is over if that happens. So my mind went directly to the family.Agreed on the awesomeness of the show though. Great writing, solid acting, lots and lots of possibilities.
Yeah when I first saw the bodies in the driveway I immediately thought Walt and Skyler rather than Walt and Jesse.A few weeks ago I was starting to think that Jesse may end up as the Tuco type and he would force Walt out somehow since he's been taught to cook the good stuff. Then I got the feeling that Jesse would want to go straight for his new girlfriend the recovering addict. NOW that's all out as those two have started serious usage again. I hate that I can't quite figure it out, but that's also why I love the show. Looking forward to it each week.

boofatty said:

Yeah when I first saw the bodies in the driveway I immediately thought Walt and Skyler rather than Walt and Jesse.A few weeks ago I was starting to think that Jesse may end up as the Tuco type and he would force Walt out somehow since he's been taught to cook the good stuff. Then I got the feeling that Jesse would want to go straight for his new girlfriend the recovering addict. NOW that's all out as those two have started serious usage again. I hate that I can't quite figure it out, but that's also why I love the show. Looking forward to it each week.
Indeed. I was watching last week's and got my g/f to watch it for the first time. She loved it. We decided the best way to describe the show as a hybrid of Six Feet Under, Requiem for a Dream, and American Beauty.

:shock: I thought they were going in another direction but damn does this show employ some great writers.

:shock: I thought they were going in another direction but damn does this show employ some great writers.
:goodposting: Crazy stuff. It's a shame there's only about six of us here who watch this show.
That's what worries me. Don't want this thing ending prematurely. Even my friends that love this type of genre and watch much more TV than me have yet to watch it. After telling someone 10-15x about a show you just have to give up on them and enjoy it for yourself. mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

I am glad it looks like the girl apparently overdosed. Even though I think she's hot in an Emo NA way, she would've made Walt's life miserable and been more of a liability. Walt would've probably ended up killing her so probably for the better. I could see her blackmailing him for all he's worth.

I want more interaction btw Pollo boss and Walt. That scene was still probably my favorite of the series.*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

HOLY CRAP!

Best show on television right now, bar none.

Just an incredible last scene, where you could see how Cranston was torn.

Great stuff.

Raider Nation said:
mex said:
:goodposting: Crazy stuff. It's a shame there's only about six of us here who watch this show.
I watch. Have never missed an episode since inception.
:yes: When Jane had Jesse roll over on his side I had a feeling it was a precursor to one of their deaths. I just didn't see it happening so fast. I certainly didn't see it happening the way it did.The writers could have played it out a bit more with Jane & Jesse both being a thorn in Walt's side. But, as usual, they make a great choice to go with how this will weigh on Walt's conscience.

Raider Nation said:
mex said:
I watch. Have never missed an episode since inception.
:yes: When Jane had Jesse roll over on his side I had a feeling it was a precursor to one of their deaths. I just didn't see it happening so fast. I certainly didn't see it happening the way it did.The writers could have played it out a bit more with Jane & Jesse both being a thorn in Walt's side. But, as usual, they make a great choice to go with how this will weigh on Walt's conscience.
When the writers set up the parallel of Walt putting his baby down on its side and Jane putting Jesse down on his, both proped with the blanket or towell, I knew we were in for some fun on that theme. I didn't foresee, however, Walt knocking somebuddy else's baby girl onto her back.Now that Walt has the lawyer I don't see that he needs Jesse, except emotionally.

Walt's face on the internet can't be a good thing.

And I still think Tuco's family is going to seek revenge.

I thought something would come up at the bar between Walt and Jane's Dad.

The writing is crazy. Walt telling his Sister in Law about putting the baby on her side when sleeping in case she sits up and chokes, the Jane telling Jesse to sleep on his side in case he gets sick and chokes when he is on the junk, then ironically Walt sees Jane die like that.

Freaking love this show, from Episode 1.

All I can do is agree with everyone, that show last night was one of the best I've seen on TV in quite a while.

I like Jesse. He was frustrated and insulted Walt was holding his money. He had every reason to be pissed, but Jesse doesn't roll and by extension neither should she.

Rocky Dennis said:
Raider Nation said:
mex said:
:( I thought they were going in another direction but damn does this show employ some great writers.
:sadbanana: Crazy stuff. It's a shame there's only about six of us here who watch this show.
That's what worries me. Don't want this thing ending prematurely. Even my friends that love this type of genre and watch much more TV than me have yet to watch it. After telling someone 10-15x about a show you just have to give up on them and enjoy it for yourself. mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

I am glad it looks like the girl apparently overdosed. Even though I think she's hot in an Emo NA way, she would've made Walt's life miserable and been more of a liability. Walt would've probably ended up killing her so probably for the better. I could see her blackmailing him for all he's worth.

I want more interaction btw Pollo boss and Walt. That scene was still probably my favorite of the series.*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
I tell anyone I can that they should be watching this show. I'm guessing b/c it's on AMC, many people don't know about it yet.

Walt's face on the internet can't be a good thing.

And I still think Tuco's family is going to seek revenge.
Interesting.
Yeah, especially if Saul's plan to use the website to launder the entire $480,000 comes to fruition. It will be all over the local (likely national) news---you know someone is going to recognize Heisenberg.The scene in which Walt decided to let her choke to death on her own vomit was fantastic. Very good performance by Cranston.

Love this show.

What do you guys think the significance of the Hank/El Paso/Tortuga story was?
Just guessing obviously. It's to show Hank isn't the tower of strength that was initially portrayed. When we find out he's DEA early in the series, it immediately makes us think there has to be a big showdown between the two. We see it played out at the pool party. But maybe when it comes down to it, Hank helps Walt rather than arresting him.

I thought something would come up at the bar between Walt and Jane's Dad.The writing is crazy. Walt telling his Sister in Law about putting the baby on her side when sleeping in case she sits up and chokes, the Jane telling Jesse to sleep on his side in case he gets sick and chokes when he is on the junk, then ironically Walt sees Jane die like that.Freaking love this show, from Episode 1.
Walt was indirectly responsible for her choking wasn't he? I thought they were laying on their side when he looked in the window. When he tried to wake Jesse, he must have inadvertenly moved her.

I thought something would come up at the bar between Walt and Jane's Dad.The writing is crazy. Walt telling his Sister in Law about putting the baby on her side when sleeping in case she sits up and chokes, the Jane telling Jesse to sleep on his side in case he gets sick and chokes when he is on the junk, then ironically Walt sees Jane die like that.Freaking love this show, from Episode 1.
Walt was indirectly responsible for her choking wasn't he? I thought they were laying on their side when he looked in the window. When he tried to wake Jesse, he must have inadvertenly moved her.
Yeah, Jesse moved and Jane rolled over onto her back. Intense scene. I wonder if Walt will learn who's daughter it is. I'm guessing her father will confront Jesse and Walt might find out then. Great episode as usual.

What do you guys think the significance of the Hank/El Paso/Tortuga story was?
Just guessing obviously. It's to show Hank isn't the tower of strength that was initially portrayed. When we find out he's DEA early in the series, it immediately makes us think there has to be a big showdown between the two. We see it played out at the pool party. But maybe when it comes down to it, Hank helps Walt rather than arresting him.
Well, Hank does love cooking and packaging in his own way. We see this with his homebrewing. We also know he might like to stick it to those El Paso DEA guys who were so smug.

I wonder what Jane's Dad is capable of in his anger, pain, and guilt? Will he blame Jesse and confront him, and if so to what outcome?

I wonder what the Chicken franchise dude will do if he sees Walt on the web? He seemed like a guy that valued discretion in all matters. Also we don't know his background but one wonders if he has been in business for some time, as intimated, what his relationship was with Tuco. Both were/are players of some import in a fairly closed market and both are of Hispanic decent. Might there be a relationship. Might chicken dude be aware of Tuco's product and might he, upon obtaining Walt's stuff, realize that Walt had a relationship with Tuco towards the end of Tuco's life?

I absolutely love how the characters are forced to evolve into uncharted territory. I can't think of another show where the characters had to evolve into something so different from their original personalities. It seems to affect all the characters, and to think that the genesis has really been Walt and his cancer.

Walt into the drug lord...

Jesse into the drug pusher/hard core user...

Skyler into the faithful but tempted wife...

Jane into a dead user...

DEA agent into a fearful agent vs. his previous fearless style

Jane's Dad from passive to ? This character has to play a major role from now on or at least a few episodes. Can't wait to see what he does.

Walt Jr hasn't really been a major player, but I can see him starting to shine if his parents' relationship dissolves.

Skyler's sister - not too sure about her. But if DEA guy's character changes, I can see her changing as well.

Hat's off to the writers and I commend them for creating a full season at a time instead of piece mailing it like some other shows do. I hate waiting months only to get a few episodes of other shows. I usually give up on those shows, but I'm hooked on this one because they keep the hits coming regularly.

Also their introduction of new characters has been very well played. Some shows drop the ball with this, but so far so good for Breaking Bad.

The conflicts are just phenomenal.

I absolutely love how the characters are forced to evolve into uncharted territory. I can't think of another show where the characters had to evolve into something so different from their original personalities. It seems to affect all the characters, and to think that the genesis has really been Walt and his cancer.

Walt into the drug lord...

Jesse into the drug pusher/hard core user...

Skyler into the faithful but tempted wife...

Jane into a dead user...

DEA agent into a fearful agent vs. his previous fearless style

Jane's Dad from passive to ? This character has to play a major role from now on or at least a few episodes. Can't wait to see what he does.

Walt Jr hasn't really been a major player, but I can see him starting to shine if his parents' relationship dissolves.

Skyler's sister - not too sure about her. But if DEA guy's character changes, I can see her changing as well.

Hat's off to the writers and I commend them for creating a full season at a time instead of piece mailing it like some other shows do. I hate waiting months only to get a few episodes of other shows. I usually give up on those shows, but I'm hooked on this one because they keep the hits coming regularly.

Also their introduction of new characters has been very well played. Some shows drop the ball with this, but so far so good for Breaking Bad.

The conflicts are just phenomenal.
My only gripe about the show is that I think they got rid of Tuco a little too early. He was a very good character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread