What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (4 Viewers)

This show has lost its way. The first season was spectacular and brilliant. This season? Not so much. I think this show doesn't know what to do with these characters anymore.
I disagree. Other than the last episode, this season was great.
Better than almost everything else on TV. Not nearly as good as the first season.
I just finished watching this show.I liked season 2 much more than season 1, apart from the parts where they had the guy locked up in the basement.the plane crash was a bit much though.Getting a regular role for Bob Oedenkirk is also pure genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched both seasons a few months ago. Definitely one of the top 5 shows on TV. AMC has been running every episode leading up to next Sunday.

Can't wait.

Ah man, between this, The Pacific, Survivior HvV, and Lost final season, I'm booked on TV. Sheesh. Thanks sweet baby Jesus for TiVo.
:own3d: tivoand to think I didn't have a TV for 3 years. The Wire got me back into cable tv. I think the quality has gotten much better with all the budding networks putting out sound material.

This show has lost its way. The first season was spectacular and brilliant. This season? Not so much. I think this show doesn't know what to do with these characters anymore.
I disagree. Other than the last episode, this season was great.
Better than almost everything else on TV. Not nearly as good as the first season.
I watched season 1 this week and thought it was better than 2. However this might be the best show on TV so I really am not complaining much and really look forward to this third season.

any way to watch the first season on demand? I found season 2 on demand. I guess the first season was on demand before they put season 2 up...

Walt is a total bad ###, and much of my appeal of this show is watching a guy, who at the same time has nothing and everything to lose, give hell right back to the world. Watching the pilot again last night and the part where he knocks the kid down and steps on his leg for laughing at his son was one of the things that draws you in.

As the series goes on, he's doing more and more stuff that just makes him despicable. (as if being a meth cook wasn't bad enough.) I wonder when he's gonna pass the point and just end up irredeemable like Tony Soprano or if he will find something that saves him from his choices.

Just over 2 hours until the curtain goes up.

:mellow:

This season on Breaking Bad... Walt joins the circus... marries a one-legged midget... keeps cooking meth.

pretty good season three opener. anyone know the religious/cultural significance of the mexicans crawling to that shrine? looked like a day of the dead type setup to me.

pretty good season three opener. anyone know the religious/cultural significance of the mexicans crawling to that shrine? looked like a day of the dead type setup to me.
Santa Muerte ShrineThe third season’s opening scene is a harbinger of more bad things to come. In an interview with Here & Now host Robin Young, Cranston said the men crawling on the ground are worshippers of Santa Muerte, a dark off-shoot of Catholicism.

“The Santa Muerte is a deity that does not discriminate on what your prayers or wishes are,” Cranston said. “You could wish for someone to get well or you can wish for someone to die.”

Why not leave the bodies in the middle of nowhere and DRIVE into town?
Because those guys are death walking through the desert. Those two guys are great. Everytime the yellow hue came up on the screen...I was really pumped. Loved the episode. Walt not owning up to what he's done and Jesse going catatonic in "accepting" his character as the bad guy is going to be great. Both have gone completely whacko. This show is hysterical in that it can be so convoluted with some of the stuff...but the acting, writing and reactions to those absurd events makes everything feel like it could be really happening and that's exactly how real people would react.

I have not watched last nights episode yet. I told a friend, who has not seen season 1 and 2, to DVR last nights and start watching season 3. Do you think someone can pick it up from here?

I have not watched last nights episode yet. I told a friend, who has not seen season 1 and 2, to DVR last nights and start watching season 3. Do you think someone can pick it up from here?
Yeah...I think you would be ok. You'd really miss the character development that got Walt, Skylar and Jesse to where they are right now. But you wouldn't be lost for long and the basic premise hasn't changed. Dude with terminal cancer decides to cook meth to get enough cash to leave for his family. Hilarity and horrors ensue.

Oof, I think you should watch the first two seasons. You would miss out on a percentage of season three by virtue of not having contextual reference on some of the characters.

I watched the "Best of Season 1 and 2" on Saturday morning. It was 6 episodes that pretty much got a viewer "caught up." I missed some of the subplots, but "got" most of it. I watched the premier last night and this is already my favorite show on TV, at least til Rescue Me returns. I had no idea this was so good and can't believe I didn't see it til now. My wife watched it with me and said, "this is the darkest, most depressing show I've ever seen..." But she liked it.

I watched the "Best of Season 1 and 2" on Saturday morning. It was 6 episodes that pretty much got a viewer "caught up." I missed some of the subplots, but "got" most of it. I watched the premier last night and this is already my favorite show on TV, at least til Rescue Me returns. I had no idea this was so good and can't believe I didn't see it til now. My wife watched it with me and said, "this is the darkest, most depressing show I've ever seen..." But she liked it.
AWESOME!:confused:Do yourself a favor and watch the entirity of the first 2 seasons.

I think its hilarious, but my wife doesn't see the humor at all. "You know, this was only the 50th worst accident in our country's history....and it was actually tied for 50th..."

I think its hilarious, but my wife doesn't see the humor at all. "You know, this was only the 50th worst accident in our country's history....and it was actually tied for 50th..."
I know I was rolling too, rationalize much?:confused:If I were in the stands I'd be :banned:

I know I was rolling too, rationalize much?:confused:If I were in the stands I'd be :banned:
Great scene. Funny and had a point about his character. He's Mr. Rationalization. I'm not a dealer, I just manufacture. The crash was bad, but it wasn't the worst. I've committed crimes, but it's for my family. His whole life is a series of those rationalizations...and they just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Great scene. Funny and had a point about his character. He's Mr. Rationalization. I'm not a dealer, I just manufacture. The crash was bad, but it wasn't the worst. I've committed crimes, but it's for my family. His whole life is a series of those rationalizations...and they just keep getting bigger and bigger.
Absolutely, I love this show, and that guy is a great actor.Really shocking because I never thought I could picture him as anything but the Dad from Malcom in the Middle, but he's quickly gotten rid of that stigma and is totally believable in this much darker role.

I know I was rolling too, rationalize much?:shrug:If I were in the stands I'd be :lmao:
The best part of the scene was where he finally caught on no one else was seeing it the same way and he tried to change his theme to perseverance.

I'd like to pick up the show, but don' have the time to go back to the first two seasons.

Is there someone that could summarize what happened in the first two years for the uninitiated allowing me to jump in. Maybe in spoiler tags?

Thanks!!

I'd like to pick up the show, but don' have the time to go back to the first two seasons.Is there someone that could summarize what happened in the first two years for the uninitiated allowing me to jump in. Maybe in spoiler tags?Thanks!!
Pretty sure youtube has every episode condensed to 6 minutes each.

Bryan Cranston is on Letterman tonight.
:unsure: came in here to post the same....should be an interesting conversation with Letterman once they discuss the plot of Breaking Bad.
Cranston was on a roll tonight. Funny dude with good stories. Only :shrug: was Letterman not directing conversation toward Breaking Bad. The only time it was mentioned was at the conclusion of the interview when Dave gave the inevitable plug.

Users who are viewing this thread