What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Favre and the Pack this season (1 Viewer)

What would you like to ultimately see happen this season with Brett Favre and the Pack?

• Favre retires

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Favre returns, but continues to try to force the hand of management to make moves to improve the tea

• Farve returns, shuts up, and plays football one last season

• Total voters
I would like to see Favre continue to play, but not want to be in GB, get released, go to the Redskins, lead them to the Super Bowl.

I would like Favre to return. Detractors are plentiful but I watched every throw he made last year and he still has one of the best arms in football. He forced passes to inexperienced players last year and this accounted for a good percent of his INTs. At least ten of his picks were deflections off of his own receiver's hands. He still has it.

I would like to see himcome out and apologize to Walker. He should state that his intention was not to hurt the reputation of his finest reciever since Sterling, rather it was to make him look realistically at the cap implications. He should state his intention was to make Walker a bigger star than he was so that he could get a bigger contract this year. He should acknowledge that his intention was lost and that the reality was that Walker was put in a bad spot. He should apologize for that and state that he wants to restructure his own contract to provide Walker with some relief as he thinks he is the best in the business. He should affirmatively mend that fence.

He should state that the packers have an exciting defense that should provide the offense with greater opportunity. He should state that a team sport requires both sides of the ball to play towards a common goal and he will be excited with any impact player from the draft.

Finally he should state that absent injuries he sees the same offense that was only plays away form real playoff damage just a short season or two ago. He should remind himself and others that before last years injuries everyone thought the team could compete and that he still does.

Finally he should state he is looking forward to playing, for the love of the game.

I'd sort of like to see the packers cut him, although part of me thinks brett wants that so he can be the victim and play for a winner...

He's getting really smug lately... What are they going to do cut me?? Got news, you ain't untouchable Mr. 29 Picks...

I use to like Brett Favre, but the more I'd watch him (especially last season) the more "Is he ######ed?" passes I see him throw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with DW except I would like to see that POS Thompson just do one thing to prove to Brett he wants to try and win a Super Bowl. Can they make one significant signing at least.

I agree with DW except I would like to see that POS Thompson just do one thing to prove to Brett he wants to try and win a Super Bowl. Can they make one significant signing at least.
Who exactly was out there that would've changed the face of the teamso drastically, Crip? Favre wanted a "Reggie White" type signing. Was there a RW available anywhere? And Favre, as the marquee name for the franchise, with his maybe-I-will, maybe-I-won't BS, how can TT sell any potential FA on the fact they can come to Green Bay and play with a legend with that going on? Favre has turned into an 8th grade drama queen. It's sad, pathetic, and above all else, clueless on his part. He's hurting the team, whether he or the rest of the sychophants who believe the sun rises and sets in his pants care to admit it.....

Favre has turned into an 8th grade drama queen. It's sad, pathetic, and above all else, clueless on his part.
:lmao:

As a Bears fan I vote for...

E) Sign a 3 year deal and play it out...

...now that he is on the decline and suddenly has an affinity for throwing to Chicago DBs ;) Besides, this would financially cripple Green Bay for years to come. Incidentally may I recommend option E to Viking and Lion fans as well?

Wow, I'm frankly very surprised that this is running 2/3 to 1/3 in FAVOR of seeing Favre return. My sense from this board/media/etc. was that he had used up a lot more good will than that.

Wow, I'm frankly very surprised that this is running 2/3 to 1/3 in FAVOR of seeing Favre return. My sense from this board/media/etc. was that he had used up a lot more good will than that.
Ah, you severely underestimated the collective power of Favre's sychophant fan base. Just ask Flaw, the founding member of that group, and he'll tell you alllllllllll about it. :P

Wow, I'm frankly very surprised that this is running 2/3 to 1/3 in FAVOR of seeing Favre return.  My sense from this board/media/etc. was that he had used up a lot more good will than that.
Ah, you severely underestimated the collective power of Favre's sychophant fan base. Just ask Flaw, the founding member of that group, and he'll tell you alllllllllll about it. :P
Much rather be a supporter of Favre than one of the haters. :thumbup:

Wow, I'm frankly very surprised that this is running 2/3 to 1/3 in FAVOR of seeing Favre return.  My sense from this board/media/etc. was that he had used up a lot more good will than that.
Much rather be an athletic supporter worn by Favre than one of the haters. :thumbup:
Fixed. :thumbup:

Much rather be an athletic supporter worn by Favre than one of the haters. :thumbup:
Once again you show what a complete #### you can be.

I voted for retire. I'm just kind of tired of hearing about it. I would rather see his legacy not involve remembering the kind of stuff that is transpiring. I'm sure 20 years from now it won't as much, but it will in the short term.

Hi bergogglz,Please keep it on NFL players and not other posters. TIA.

J

Now that, was funny. :lmao:
I'm sure it was to you. All I wrote that I'd rather be a supporter of Favre and the two ususal suspects have to try and poke fun at that. Favre will be remembered as one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game and his consecutive start streak may never been broken. As a life-long Packer fan, I'm proud to state I'm a fan of Brett's and very happy that I had the opportunity to see him play as well as lead the Packers to a Super Bowl victory.

I do wish he would make his decision and I'm frustrated he hasn't. However, I also am willing to cut him some slack in what he must be going through to make this decision. He gave a great interview on HDNet last night with Roy Firestone. After watching that I'm always amazed that people can dislike him. However, some people enjoy taking pot shots at great players. Look at the bashing Peyton Manning gets. I have stated before that I want Favre to come back because he can still play. However, I hope he doesn't due to the comments he made to Mort in that interview the week of the Super Bowl. If Favre and/or the Packers struggle early, the haters, media and some fans will turn on him so quickly and question his reasoning for returning. They will question that his heart wasn't into it and he only did it for the records and the money. As anyone that has followed his career know, he isn't in this for the money or the records.

Hi bergogglz,

Please keep it on NFL players and not other posters. TIA.

J
You got it, Joe. :thumbup:
Thank you, Sir.And for the record, I'm of the sack up and make a call already opinion on what you're going to do with Favre.

J

Being a Bears fan I would hope Favre makes his decision known during the first week of training camp, leaving the Packers with Rodgers and no one else.

I do wish he would make his decision and I'm frustrated he hasn't. However, I also am willing to cut him some slack in what he must be going through to make this decision.
And I think that's where there's a fundamental disconnect with those who worship Favre and those who are simply NFL fans, Flaw. Favre has, in the eyes of some, earned a lifetime "get out of jail free card" that excuses most of (if not all) the questionable things he does. In trying to be objective about it, I can understand that GB fans are thankful for being rescued from 30 years of mediocrity prior to his arrival, but how long can you rest on laurels, really? The Superbowl win was almost 10 years ago, and truth be told, it was Reggie and Desmond who played leading roles in that. I've met many an apologist that will go to the ends of the earth to defend Favre's latest bad decision on the field, or in this case, the retirement soap opera. It's an interesting dynamic, one I'm sure some doctoral candidate in psychology could do a hell of a thesis on.

Being a Bears fan I would hope Favre makes his decision known during the first week of training camp, leaving the Packers with Rodgers and no one else.
That'll work too :thumbup: DA BEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I don't really care what he decides, as long as it allows us to have a continual flow of Favre threads on the first page. We just don't seem to be talking enough about nothing happening!

I do wish he would make his decision and I'm frustrated he hasn't. However, I also am willing to cut him some slack in what he must be going through to make this decision.
And I think that's where there's a fundamental disconnect with those who worship Favre and those who are simply NFL fans, Flaw. Favre has, in the eyes of some, earned a lifetime "get out of jail free card" that excuses most of (if not all) the questionable things he does. In trying to be objective about it, I can understand that GB fans are thankful for being rescued from 30 years of mediocrity prior to his arrival, but how long can you rest on laurels, really? The Superbowl win was almost 10 years ago, and truth be told, it was Reggie and Desmond who played leading roles in that. I've met many an apologist that will go to the ends of the earth to defend Favre's latest bad decision on the field, or in this case, the retirement soap opera. It's an interesting dynamic, one I'm sure some doctoral candidate in psychology could do a hell of a thesis on.
Why do you obsess over this? What did Favre do to you? Every thread about him you have to chime in something negative.It is clear in your posts you have no idea what Favre is about or what he means to Packer fans.

And I think that's where there's a fundamental disconnect with those who worship Favre and those who are simply NFL fans, Flaw. Favre has, in the eyes of some, earned a lifetime "get out of jail free card" that excuses most of (if not all) the questionable things he does. In trying to be objective about it, I can understand that GB fans are thankful for being rescued from 30 years of mediocrity prior to his arrival, but how long can you rest on laurels, really? The Superbowl win was almost 10 years ago, and truth be told, it was Reggie and Desmond who played leading roles in that. I've met many an apologist that will go to the ends of the earth to defend Favre's latest bad decision on the field, or in this case, the retirement soap opera. It's an interesting dynamic, one I'm sure some doctoral candidate in psychology could do a hell of a thesis on.Look at Favre's numbers in that Super Bowl...pretty good.

Reggie's heroics sealed the deal...and while Desmond's kickoff return swung the momentum back...they were still ahead at the time.

The get out of jail free for most if not all rhetoric is BS. Any reason given for something by a Packer fan...is automatically seen as an excuse by a non-fan...or a free pass.

The Superbowl win was almost 10 years ago, and truth be told, it was Reggie and Desmond who played leading roles in that.
This is another one of your pathetic statements trying to diminish what Favre accomplished as a Packer. Yes Reggie played a key role, so did Desmond, so did Favre, so did Rison, so did Holmgren, so did Chumura, so did every other player and coach. That team also went to the Super Bowl the following year and was one of the winningest teams during those many years. I suppose his 3 MVPs don't mean anything in your view too?

i think Favre should play for another team. GB did little to nothing this offseason to improve the team and they have no shot at competing for the Super Bowl (which is the only reason for Favre to come back)

Favre should talk to the front office, tell them to trade him to a contender or he'll retire.

Why do you obsess over this? What did Favre do to you? Every thread about him you have to chime in something negative.It is clear in your posts you have no idea what Favre is about or what he means to Packer fans.
Actually, it's quite clear that Favre means everything to Packer fans, Flaw. I think Chmura said it best: "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread." It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told. Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud..... :shrug:

The Superbowl win was almost 10 years ago, and truth be told, it was Reggie and Desmond who played leading roles in that.
This is another one of your pathetic statements trying to diminish what Favre accomplished as a Packer. Yes Reggie played a key role, so did Desmond, so did Favre, so did Rison, so did Holmgren, so did Chumura, so did every other player and coach. That team also went to the Super Bowl the following year and was one of the winningest teams during those many years. I suppose his 3 MVPs don't mean anything in your view too?
Who's trying to diminish it? I merely said that credit for the Superbowl win should not be heaped solely on Favre's shoulders, as often happens by fans of the man and the team.Question, though -- did you vociferously defend Reggie when he came out with all of those gay bashing comments back then? Or was that a different circumstance for you?

Actually, it's quite clear that Favre means everything to Packer fans, Flaw. I think Chmura said it best: "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread."

It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told. Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud..... :shrug:
What is funny, rather real sad is the fact you are quoting Mark Chumura as to give reason to your explanation. That, in essence, is truly sad and shows what it is you lack in Packer knowledge.

Actually, it's quite clear that Favre means everything to Packer fans, Flaw.  I think Chmura said it best: "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread." 

It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told.  Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud.....  :shrug:
What is funny, rather real sad is the fact you are quoting Mark Chumura as to give reason to your explanation. That, in essence, is truly sad and shows what it is you lack in Packer knowledge.
Why? 'Cause he had an opinion that didn't conform to the Packer nation norm? Given his relationship with Favre, I'd be more inclined to value his words over someone else who claims to be a die hard fan and merely waves a flag for the team.

Actually, it's quite clear that Favre means everything to Packer fans, Flaw.  I think Chmura said it best: "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread." 

It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told.  Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud.....   :shrug:
Why? 'Cause he had an opinion that didn't conform to the Packer nation norm? Given his relationship with Favre, I'd be more inclined to value his words over someone else who claims to be a die hard fan and merely waves a flag for the team.
What relationship with Favre does he have? Chumura is pushing the legal pad because his decisions screwed up his life. Favre has kept away from him, like every other NFL'er has. If you want to see Chumura watch Court TV because he might be on with the current case going on in Milwaukee right now.

It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told.  Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud.....   :shrug:
Once again you prove you know nothing of the Packers or Favre.Favre slowly severed the relationship with Chumura soon after Favre completed his rehab in 1996. He did not want to participate in the party lifestyle Chumura was living. It was very difficult to find anyone in Wisconsin let alone Chumura's teammates supporting Chumura after that night at the post prom party.

Considering what Chumura brought on himself many people feel what he stated about Favre is jealousy and sour grapes. Does that ring a bell to you?

Don Majkowski was on ESPN radio today supporting Favre and stating that Favre didn't play bad last year considering all the injuries that took place on that team.

He knows Favre too.

"There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread."
Whatever Favre & Chmura's relationship is today, it doesn't make the above statement any less valid. :shrug:

"There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread." 
Whatever Favre & Chmura's relationship is today, it doesn't make the above statement any less valid. :shrug:
Not me, I'd be outraged.I draw the line at 12 puppies.

Flawed poll. People are going to see the words "Favre shuts up" and vote it regardless of what the rest of the answer says. I agree with others, "Favre shuts up and retires" would have been an equally good answer. Personally, I'd have voted for: "Favre shuts up and airs whatever personal decision he makes after quiet contemplation. If he returns, it's because he is still enthusiastic about the NFL and not because some FA moves were made. If he retires, may he retire with dignity and not scapegoat an entire franchise for the premature passing of a legend even if a key factor was that he'd rather retire than play with guys he feels aren't up to his standards."

Actually, it's quite clear that Favre means everything to Packer fans, Flaw. I think Chmura said it best: "There are fans out there (who) could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. These people would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread."

It's a creepy phenomenon, truth be told. Sorry if you don't like my opinion on the matter, bud..... :shrug:
What relationship with Favre does he have? Chumura is pushing the legal pad because his decisions screwed up his life. Favre has kept away from him, like every other NFL'er has. If you want to see Chumura watch Court TV because he might be on with the current case going on in Milwaukee right now.
Give me a break, it was a 17 year old girl and it would have been legal 200 miles away in Iowa.Here's a pic of her:

http://sales.s5.com/Allison_McCabe.jpg

Flawed poll. People are going to see the words "Favre shuts up" and vote it regardless of what the rest of the answer says. I agree with others, "Favre shuts up and retires" would have been an equally good answer. Personally, I'd have voted for: "Favre shuts up and airs whatever personal decision he makes after quiet contemplation. If he returns, it's because he is still enthusiastic about the NFL and not because some FA moves were made. If he retires, may he retire with dignity and not scapegoat an entire franchise for the premature passing of a legend even if a key factor was that he'd rather retire than play with guys he feels aren't up to his standards."
You're right, I forgot to type in that option. :lmao:

His past relationship. Again, you can choose to discount it, but he and Brett were friends and teammates for quite a few years. I'll take a statement he makes as being, at the very least, more valid than something uttered by a GB homer with love and stardust in his eyes.

Once again you prove you know nothing of the Packers or Favre.Favre slowly severed the relationship with Chumura soon after Favre completed his rehab in 1996. He did not want to participate in the party lifestyle Chumura was living. It was very difficult to find anyone in Wisconsin let alone Chumura's teammates supporting Chumura after that night at the post prom party.

Considering what Chumura brought on himself many people feel what he stated about Favre is jealousy and sour grapes. Does that ring a bell to you?

Don Majkowski was on ESPN radio today supporting Favre and stating that Favre didn't play bad last year considering all the injuries that took place on that team.

He knows Favre too.
No one really knows these guys, Flaw, including those fans obsessed with defending Favre from any and all criticisms. That's why I :lmao: at those people who struggle to separate reality from fantasy when speaking about them. No offense to you intended, of course. :thumbup: As for Majik, because he agrees with you his point is valid? What if he said something similar to Chmura, though? Then he's just jealous, a hater, and sour grapes? :loco:

He knows Favre too.
No one really knows these guys, Flaw, including those fans obsessed with defending Favre from any and all criticisms. That's why I :lmao: at those people who struggle to separate reality from fantasy when speaking about them. No offense to you intended, of course. :thumbup: As for Majik, because he agrees with you his point is valid? What if he said something similar to Chmura, though? Then he's just jealous, a hater, and sour grapes? :loco:
Nah, that'd be you..

His past relationship. Again, you can choose to discount it, but he and Brett were friends and teammates for quite a few years. I'll take a statement he makes as being, at the very least, more valid than something uttered by a GB homer with love and stardust in his eyes.
So, anything uttered by your perceived "GB homer with love and stardust in his eyes" isn't valid yet we should listen to your views that are filled with hate and complete ignorance?

Users who are viewing this thread