What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Buffalo at Detroit*** (9.5, 54.5) Happy Thanksgiving -12:30 kickoff (1 Viewer)

The Bills have lost a lot of these games the last two years. They can’t be playing like this at playoff time but a win is a win.

Unreal. Welcome to the 2022 Buffalo Bills experience. Where anything can, and usually DOES happen.

They are a great team but man does it feel like they are gonna go out early in the playoffs
I agree. Between Hyde, White, Edmunds, Rousseau, and Miller, that's basically the core of a pretty decent defense just standing around on the sidelines. We're relying on a bunch of JAGs like Dane Jackson, Boogie Basham, Shaq, Dodson, etc. and you can see the results. We can't really run our base defense competently with the group we've got on the field.

This is a pretty one-dimensional team right now until we get some defensive players back.

2022 NFL season, Week 12: What We Learned from Thanksgiving Day games

Excerpt:

1. Ed Oliver eats on Thanksgiving. Boy, did the Bills get a big game from the monster defensive tackle. Oliver essentially pitched a tent in the Lions' backfield, smothering plays and destroying the entire operation. Facing Lions backup guards, Oliver was too much to handle. The defensive tackle gobbled up a sack -- which went for a safety -- six tackles, two tackles for loss, four QB pressures, two QB hits, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. Already missing key edge rushers and watching Von Miller leave with a serious knee injury, the Bills needed Oliver to make plays. He came through. Oliver has generated 19 pressures over his last three games, seven more than any other player in the NFL since Week 10, per Next Gen Stats. The 24-year-old's play doubly stings Lions fans on Turkey Day, as Detroit passed over drafting Oliver in 2019 in favor of tight end T.J. Hockenson.

I hate having to play several starters on Thanksgiving, inevitably they fail for one reason or another
Multiple games today compounds the potential bad feelings
Hard to digest and enjoy your turkey
You know it happens some years

-This game has starters up and down both sides.. Star WRs, Josh Allen, multiple RBs, you can't avoid it.
-My stomach is already unsettled and I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet.

I hear ya, I'm starting 3 Cowboys - Lamb, Pollard, and Maher. Plus Stevenson for NE.
My opponent is starting ARSB and the Bills DST.
I'll know a lot by the time I wake up for Black Friday.
So Pollard no problem today?
Can't expect a repeat of last week so 34 down to 15 would be solid in PPR
I have RS too, CMC, comes down to Pollard/Wilson or RS/Wilson for my Flex, depends on your POV, happy to hear your input on this
Pollard could be a wild card with Zeke getting healthier. If the Giants do DPI in the End Zone then Zeke will be the man. But if the Giants can keep it close then the Boys should keep throwing which makes Pollard more valuable.
I think you have to start CMC. Stevenson mainly depends on what you think Harris will do - do the Pats keep the same rotation as last week, then RS for sure, but if it's 50/50 then not so much. Have to love Wilson against Houston. Also have to like Pollard a lot.
You do have First World Problems here my friend.
Pollard made it 3rd World quickly today

34 last week, and they talked up Zeke all week
You say well this week i won't fall for that and you get 7 points, thanks for coming out

I hate having to play several starters on Thanksgiving, inevitably they fail for one reason or another

-This game has starters up and down both sides.. Star WRs, Josh Allen, multiple RBs, you can't avoid it.

I hear ya, I'm starting 3 Cowboys - Lamb, Pollard, and Maher. Plus Stevenson for NE.
I have RS too, CMC, comes down to Pollard/Wilson or RS/Wilson for my Flex, depends on your POV, happy to hear your input on this
Pollard could be a wild card with Zeke getting healthier. If the Giants do DPI in the End Zone then Zeke will be the man. But if the Giants can keep it close then the Boys should keep throwing which makes Pollard more valuable.
I think you have to start CMC. Stevenson mainly depends on what you think Harris will do - do the Pats keep the same rotation as last week, then RS for sure, but if it's 50/50 then not so much. Have to love Wilson against Houston. Also have to like Pollard a lot.

You say well this week i won't fall for that and you get 7 points, thanks for coming out
Yeah I got burned too. Pollard and Maher both disappointing. Lamb and Stevenson did well for me. But ARSB did really well for my opponent, so I need some guys to beat expectations on Sunday.

The Bills have lost a lot of these games the last two years. They can’t be playing like this at playoff time but a win is a win.
“ Bills can’t win one score games” crew in shambles after Buffalo wins two of them in a row.
Considering how the Bills have looked in the last month, I don't think I'd be pounding my chest over beating the Browns by one score because they score a garbage score at the end of the game or eking out a win over the freaking Lions.

Besides, the "Bills can't win one score games" shtick is based off the fact that they are horrible in one score games since the start of 2021. That is not opinion; that is a fact. But they have been better in that regard this season than last, and improvement is always good.

“ Bills can’t win one score games” crew in shambles after Buffalo wins two of them in a row.
Considering how the Bills have looked in the last month, I don't think I'd be pounding my chest over beating the Browns by one score because they score a garbage score at the end of the game or eking out a win over the freaking Lions.

Besides, the "Bills can't win one score games" shtick is based off the fact that they are horrible in one score games since the start of 2021. That is not opinion; that is a fact. But they have been better in that regard this season than last, and improvement is always good.
Lmao, this narrative is so stupid. The Bills have barely lost at all over the last 3 years. They’ve mostly smashed opponents week in and week out. And they basically never get blown out. So somehow losing a few games by just a few points gets turned into “they can’t win close games”.

So when they grind out a few tough wins despite a ton of injuries, the narrative now is that their close wins don’t count because those teams aren’t good enough. Like somehow they’d be a better team if they were getting blown out in their losses or something. But I guess the one score games against KC and Baltimore don’t count as being against good teams.

Lmao, this narrative is so stupid. The Bills have barely lost at all over the last 3 years. They’ve mostly smashed opponents week in and week out. And they basically never get blown out. So somehow losing a few games by just a few points gets turned into “they can’t win close games”.

So when they grind out a few tough wins despite a ton of injuries, the narrative now is that their close wins don’t count because those teams aren’t good enough. Like somehow they’d be a better team if they were getting blown out in their losses or something. But I guess the one score games against KC and Baltimore don’t count as being against good teams.
You're moving the goal posts. The close wins against Baltimore and KC have changed it for sure and made it clear that they are better in close games this year than they were last year, but prior to the Baltimore game earlier this season, they had lost six games in a row that were decided by one score. That is not an opinion or a narrative, but a fact.

Really impressed by Detroit these last few weeks. I think Campbell has got them going on a very good direction, and they probably should have beaten a Super Bowl contender this week.

You're moving the goal posts. The close wins against Baltimore and KC have changed it for sure and made it clear that they are better in close games this year than they were last year, but prior to the Baltimore game earlier this season, they had lost six games in a row that were decided by one score. That is not an opinion or a narrative, but a fact.
:lmao: at "that's not an opinion -- it's a fact!" applied to a high-variance event over a tiny sample size.

Yeah I got burned too. Pollard and Maher both disappointing. Lamb and Stevenson did well for me. But ARSB did really well for my opponent, so I need some guys to beat expectations on Sunday.
I'm taking on Allen and Diggs, almost 60 between the two of them
Still 50/50 according to the website-RTS

I'm taking on Allen and Diggs, almost 60 between the two of them
Still 50/50 according to the website-RTS
This is the thing I hate about Thursday games. I'd have given serious consideration to Rachaad White over Pollard if I knew Fournette wasn't playing on Sunday. I don't mind Thanksgiving games - it's traditional (at least the Dallas and Detroit games). But I hate hate hate Thursday Night Football.

:lmao: at "that's not an opinion -- it's a fact!" applied to a high-variance event over a tiny sample size.
Well, there are only 17 games in a season, so by your rationale, we can dismiss anything as being a small sample size.

Let's look at it this way: in their games last year and first three games this year (22 total), they were 0-6 in games decided by one score or less. Six games out of 22 is 27% of their games in that stretch. That is a lot. Like I said, the good thing is, they are getting better at winning the close games, which they will likely need to keep doing with Von Miller likely to miss some time and Josh Allen seemingly playing with his head between his two legs at times, but just don't tell me six games in a season plus is a small sample size because it's not by football standards.

Thanks for stepping up! It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it!

I'm a regular John McLaughlin.

(For those that don't get the reference, McLaughin was star and host of "The McLaughlin Group," a political show that featured four political pundits talking about the issues of the day. When time got tight or someone expressed a nuanced opinion he disagreed with, he would arch his eyebrow, simply say "Wrong!" and point at the next person, meaning that it was their time to speak.)

WRONG!

Users who are viewing this thread