What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Building a new 24 team league format (1 Viewer)

Archiebonker

Footballguy
I've been running two leagues for 16 years.  One a Dynasty and one 3 keeper.  But I'm looking to add more members and try a No Keeper league. 

I looking to build a 24 team / 2 Division league.  I want to make a No Keeper league, cross over games, double headers each week, two drafts, 2 QB, Longer regular season and a new format playoffs.  

Love to hear your thoughts and ideas. 

I'm gathering you want redraft ideas. No keeper threw me for a minute. It's generally non-keeper or redraft in these parts, mainly "redraft."

But you want two drafts? What purpose does that serve and how would that work? There are plenty of good ideas on this board but that question (any novel ideas for redraft) tends to come up often on these boards. Sometimes people are willing to take the time and give good ideas, other times not. I'd recommend you look back through the past pages of the Shark Pool and find any threads that look like they relate to your topic. I've never played in a league over sixteen before, so twenty-four with a doubleheader each week sounds like forty-eight separate results on the week, and I'm not sure how you would keep that going.

Next year they switch to a seventeen-game, eighteen-week schedule, if I'm not mistaken. If that gets approved or something, and COVID permitting. So any concrete plans might want to wait on that verdict.

I sound hesitant, but I'm posting this just so it stays on the front page and you at least get one serious response.

I've been running two leagues for 16 years.  One a Dynasty and one 3 keeper.  But I'm looking to add more members and try a No Keeper league. 

I looking to build a 24 team / 2 Division league.  I want to make a No Keeper league, cross over games, double headers each week, two drafts, 2 QB, Longer regular season and a new format playoffs.  

Love to hear your thoughts and ideas. 
It sounds like you have some ideas already in mind but didn't really expand on what those ideas look like.  "Longer regular season" - what does that mean?  14 week, 16 week, ???  "New Playoff Format" - What does this look like?  What did you do before and what are you trying to change?

I assume with two 12 team divisions you are looking to have copies of players for each division.  So basically two 12 team leagues that are merged to play together.  If not, then a 2 QB league will be impossible with that many teams.  

It's hard to throw out suggestions when it seems like you already have ideas but didn't let us know how they work.  

Users who are viewing this thread