What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bulger benched; Trent Green in as Rams starting QB! (1 Viewer)

Sirius just called Torry Holt.

Sirius producer: "Torry, you want to come on the show?"

Holt: "Sure, what do you want to talk about?"

Sirius: "Well uhhh, Trent Green was just named the starting QB."

Holt: "WHAT?!?!?!"

:rolleyes: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Their star receiver wasn't even told about it.

It's all they're talking about on the show... Sirius channel 124.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Green will do great behind that line... :blackdot:

What's to over/under until he gets his next concussion?

Good to see real NFL teams join Fantasy Football GM's in the wave of week 3 panic.

Agree with earlier poster. If I'm Marc Bulger, I have my agent calling the Minnesota Vikings immediately. Quality QB, with a great running game and offensive line - they would be instant contenders. He would prolong his career, and be able to retire walking upright.

As a Bulger owner this actually works out well. I wasn't starting him against Buffalo so might as well let Trent Green take the whipping during that game. That gives Marc this week plus the bye to prepare for his return against Washington.

:hophead: :shrug: :lmao:

Did this really happen on the radio with Torry? :tfp:

I'm sure Green will do great behind that line... :goodposting: What's to over/under until he gets his next concussion?
behind that oline i'm going the first 8 mintes of the first game. i didn't think anyone could have been worse at coaching this team then martz.congrats mr.linehan.

The best part... "Coach Scott Linehan will not be available to the media until tomorrow."What a weenie.
My brother told me that the StL Rams team representative cut Linehan's post-game presser short because Linehan was once again melting down. Did anyone else catch this? Linehan may be sitting nude, locked in his darkened office, diligently filling large pickle jars with his urine right now while rocking back and forth and talking to his dead aunt. I'm seriously worried about that guy's mental health. Maybe Vince Young ought to call him for moral support.

:goodposting: :goodposting: :lmao:

It happened off-air. Conversation between the show's producer and Holt. Then the host (Adam Schein) told us about it.

Does anyone really think StL would trade him? What is his contract status anyways?
Once Linehan is gone they should. This is the worst team in the league and is going to have to be in major rebuilding mode for the next three years at least.The best way to do that is with draft picks.

I think Bulger has a big contract that he signed a couple years ago, but I think the Vikes (for example) are still quite a ways under.

As a Bulger owner this actually works out well. I wasn't starting him against Buffalo so might as well let Trent Green take the whipping during that game. That gives Marc this week plus the bye to prepare for his return against Washington.
This has to be the most ridiculous spin I've heard in a long while.Guess what dude..... Bulger just LOST his job as starting QB.This works out well for Bulger ? :thumbup:

:thumbup: :lmao: :lmao:

Not exactly. The story was relayed by Schein and Solly via the producer who spoke with Torry off the air, Dave Hagen. Torry was not informed this was going down on the air.And back on task, this decision is ludicrous. Linehan is proving to be one of the worst hires ever. Hard times, Rams fans. Sorry.

Now all St. Louis needs is for somebody to take out Trent Green with a cheap shot to his knees. It worked for them the last time. :shrug:

Green knows Saunders' system more than Bulger does, however that's only half of the issue even if you ignore the o-line problems. The WR's also need to be on the same page, and I'm not sure they are. The Washington WR's took more than a year to feel comfortable in this offense, which you finally saw in evidence when Collins (a long time Saunders disciple) filled in for Campbell and Gibbs allowed the veteran QB to operate more freely than he allowed Campbell to.

Saunders is a lot like Gilbride in that he has a highly complex system that needs to stay in place for a period of years for the players to get proficient in it. If that happens, it can be prolific. The Redskins didn't allow that to happen, and I have my doubts about what difference this QB change will make at this early date.

I was going to drop the Bills defense because some bonehead dropped the Steelers but man this is way too good to pass up. I'm rolling with the Bills!

This has to be the most ridiculous spin I've heard in a long while.Guess what dude..... Bulger just LOST his job as starting QB.This works out well for Bulger ? :lmao:
You're thinking Trent Green is going to finish out the season because he's a better QB than Bulger?I'm thinking it's an idiot headcoach pushing every panic button he can because he knows he's about to be gone. He's trying to send a "wake-up" call. Trent may have a decent game or two as most backups generally do, but in the end he'll clearly be the backup QB. IMO Bulger will miss a couple of weeks and be right back in as starter. That's the beauty of fantasy football, everyone has an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread