What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Burning Schaub's jersey in the parking lot (1 Viewer)

Stewy said:
lod01 said:
Schaub is not great but he didn't call the play. He stupidly executed it but the coaching staff called that play. Kubiak is problem #1. he has no balls and no killer instinct.
This is highly ironic.

Calling a pass play on 3rd and 4, as opposed to a run play, is the very definition of "killer instinct"--instead of running and punting, you are going for the first down.

I loved the call. Schaub's just not good enough to execute it.

That said, as a Texans fan I want them both gone.
The poster isn't saying call a run play. Just don't call THAT dumb bootleg pass play with a statue of a QB.

Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle seized on the performance to coin a new term.

Schaubenfreude: (noun) Pleasure derived by defensive player strutting into end zone with a Matt Schaub pick-six.”

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to help myself for chuckling if defensive players collectively came up with a TD celebration for pick6ing Schaub. It would be a depressing, slit your wrists kind of funny.

mad sweeney said:
Does that ever even work? No GM/coach is going to give in to fan protests. Meanwhile the QB gets rattled/pissed and either sucks worse and still stays or he angsts his way into a good game or two, prolonging the agony. People may be upset but he's probably still the best bet for them to win this season. If they change, it's probably a bad sign for the season's prospects.
I seem to remember the coach in Denver playing Teblow after the fans protested...

Anyone remember the game Eli Manning threw 3 pick sixes in a single game?

Anyone want to guess how the Giants finished that year?

Just so I am clear: Is your point that if the Texans stick with Matt Schaub, because he has thrown 3 pick sixes, the Texans will win the super bowl because that's what happened with Eli Manning and the Giants?

Just want to make sure I follow you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drunk Texans fans, lol. Compared to how terrible this team used to be, these fans are SPOILED.
I don't know if I would call it spoiled, but there is definitely a lot of impatience and frustration. 11 years of futility has a lot to do with it as well as having no team for a number of years before the Texans and how bitter the parting was with Bud Adams.

Does anyone really think the Texans have a QB on their roster who gives them a better chance to win? The team is a contender. If Schaub can limit mistakes he's good enough to give them a chance.

Does anyone really think the Texans have a QB on their roster who gives them a better chance to win? The team is a contender. If Schaub can limit mistakes he's good enough to give them a chance.
Yates has better physical abilities than Schaub, what separated them was experience and reading a defense. Yates has 3 years in now, honestly if Schaub continues to be bad I'm not sure Yates would be a downgrade.

Just so I am clear: Is your point that if the Texans stick with Matt Schaub, because he has thrown 3 pick sixes, the Texans will win the super bowl because that's what happened with Eli Manning and the Giants?

No, my point is that this stuff happens. Peyton threw 4 of them in 2 games in 2007. Yes, it's a concern. No, it's not evidence that he's irredeemably flawed.

No, my point is that this stuff happens. Peyton threw 4 of them in 2 games in 2007. Yes, it's a concern. No, it's not evidence that he's irredeemably flawed.
Yes, stuff happens. But it is going on long enough with Schaub that you have to start worrying. I posted this in the Texans thread yesterday:

Matt Schaub has thrown pick sixes in 4 of the last 6 games. He has thrown an interception in 7 straight games. He has thrown 11 TD's and 11 ints in his last 10 games. Add in the fact

that he is pretty immobile, and will take a sack at the drop of a hat, and he is a pretty mediocre QB right now. He is affecting your ability to win games, especially against good teams.

At this point in his career it is very possible that Schaub could be starting to decline. I would give Matt a rest, give Yates a shot at starting a game and see what happens. Yates may not

do anything great, but he may not do anything horrible which is what has been killing the team with Schaub. If you consider that the Texans finished the season the last two years the same way,

with one home playoff win and one road playoff loss, and that one year they had Yates at QB and one year they had Schaub at QB, and the difference between them may not be as great as

people seem to think.

It was 2010, and he threw a total of 17 picks that year. The games in question: SD - Burnett and Weddle and then Dallas - Scandrick and Lee, even worse, both games were at home.

I wouldn't compare Manning and Schaub talent wise, but I do think Texan fans are overreacting a little. Was really disgusting watching the Texans totally manhandle the Seahawks like they did in the first half only to blow the game that way.

thats basically like saying Mike Tyson knocked 3 people out in a row, and I beat up my kid brother 3 times so I will be heavy weight champ. The talent gap between Schaub and Manning is basically me and Tyson.

I don't get it. Schaub actually didn't do too bad, he just had a premature Manning moment (throwing a bad pick at a bad time). He was going up against the strongest defense in the league and BEAT them for the majority of the game. Cut him a bit of slack, he just needs to get in rhythm after getting injured.

On the other hand, you Texans fans should probably all start burning your Ben Tate jerseys. His fumble was the catalyst for the Seattle comeback, and he probbably won't even be on the team next year barring a career ending injury to Foster.
Obvious that you don't follow or watch the Texans. Schaub was injured in 2011. In fact, early in 2012, he looked like boring but efficient Schuab who fits the Texans system. As the 2012 progressed (follow me), schuab's play regressed and was the worse at the end of the season when the Texans needed like one game to have home field advantage and go figure played other teams that made it to the playoffs.We are now in 2013 (two seasons removed from his foot injury) , and while there are literally worse guys in the league, Schaub is doing what mid-level game manager type QBs can't do...making critical turnovers. Fans are frustrated because the Texans probably had a three season window (2011-2013) where everything was in place for them to make a Superbowl run. That window is closing right now mostly because an average to ok QB pushing the window closed with pick 6 interceptions and fetal position sack taking.
I think all of that's true but let's just be honest - last year's quasi-collapse is the real cause of theis anti-Schaub movement right now.

98% of QBs get praised for being "clutch" and "resilient" if they have his exact Titans game and the pick6 before the GW drive gets forgotten.

Last weeks game was the first time I watched Schaub and what I found alarming was how easy he would go down. You have Russell Wilson getting run down by a nasty pass rush, but trying his damndest to extend plays and keep drives alive. Then you have Schaub turtling on the ground when someone comes within a yard of him. This speaks to heart. No one's asking him to run for first downs, but a bit more effort and less cowardice back there would really give his team a boost.

Yes, stuff happens. But it is going on long enough with Schaub that you have to start worrying. I posted this in the Texans thread yesterday:

Matt Schaub has thrown pick sixes in 4 of the last 6 games. He has thrown an interception in 7 straight games. He has thrown 11 TD's and 11 ints in his last 10 games. Add in the fact

that he is pretty immobile, and will take a sack at the drop of a hat, and he is a pretty mediocre QB right now. He is affecting your ability to win games, especially against good teams.

At this point in his career it is very possible that Schaub could be starting to decline. I would give Matt a rest, give Yates a shot at starting a game and see what happens. Yates may not

do anything great, but he may not do anything horrible which is what has been killing the team with Schaub. If you consider that the Texans finished the season the last two years the same way,

with one home playoff win and one road playoff loss, and that one year they had Yates at QB and one year they had Schaub at QB, and the difference between them may not be as great as

people seem to think.
Matt Schaub has thrown pick sixes in 5 of the last 7 games. He has thrown an interception in 8 straight games. He has thrown 11 TD's and 14 ints in his last 11 games.

If you subtract his pick sixes from his TD's thrown column, he has thrown a net 6 TD's and had 14 ints in his last 11 games. If you want to go to the extreme and factor in that

2 of his TD's were in prevent defense time in the playoff game against NE (after they were down 38-13 in the fourth quarter) and you have a net 4 TD's and 14 interceptions in the last

11 games in meaningful game time. Schaub is in a serious funk right now.

Schaub is taking them nowhere. That much is highly apparent. I expect Kubiak to go down with the ship but the smart move is to bench him and try Yates.

Kubiak and his bff Schaub are wasting what is contending roster of talent. I feel bad for guys like Watt and Andre.

A local radio station in the H is doing good for the homeless. Instead of burning Schaub jerseys they are taking them as donations and distributing to the homeless. Fitting b/c Schaub is a bum.

A local radio station in the H is doing good for the homeless. Instead of burning Schaub jerseys they are taking them as donations and distributing to the homeless. Fitting b/c Schaub is a bum.
How is that helping the homeless? If they are on a street corner asking for money, who is going to give them anything if they a wearing a Schaub jersey?

How is that helping the homeless? If they are on a street corner asking for money, who is going to give them anything if they a wearing a Schaub jersey?
it's cold in Houston this week. That Schaub jersey could keep them warm and possibly save their life.

it's cold in Houston this week. That Schaub jersey could keep them warm and possibly save their life.
Just to clarify, I was joking. I hope you didn't respond the way you did thinking I was serious.

Just to clarify, I was joking. I hope you didn't respond the way you did thinking I was serious.
that's great, you're great

Major said:
dhockster said:
Major said:
:shrug: Oh well. Hope you day goes better from here on out.

Major said:
dhockster said:
Major said:
:shrug: Oh well. Hope you day goes better from here on out.
buck up little camper, everyting gunna be aiiight

Were there seriously that many people wearing Schaub jerseys to begin with?
Yes...the majority of Houston loved the guy when Major thought he was rubbish a few years back. I remember the daze well. Manning was a FA, Texans said F U Peyton, we'd rather lock up Kubi's boy for the long-term #fail #davidcarr2.0

Houston Police were contacted by the NFL after fans approached Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub at his home and berated him for his recent poor play.No arrests were made.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook. Fortunately, neither Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt.

The irate fans left on their own accord before police could respond, and it’s believed Schaub and the Texans contacted NFL Security which asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department after the incident, according to the source.

Schaub has been under intense scrutiny following the team’s disastrous 2-3 start which has included the much maligned quarterback throwing a Pick-Six interception in an NFL-record four consecutive games. The Texans return home to Reliant Sunday at noon when they welcome the St. Louis Rams to town.
Might be time for these people to get a life. :no:

I feel bad for Schaub. It seems odd to me, since I don't take real life football all that seriously (only fantasy football) but why anyone would care enough to bother the dude at his house is beyond me.

Houston Police were contacted by the NFL after fans approached Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub at his home and berated him for his recent poor play.No arrests were made.

“A fan went to his house and told him off,” said the source, adding that another person “took pictures of his family,” which were allegedly posted on Facebook. Fortunately, neither Schaub nor anyone in his family was hurt.

The irate fans left on their own accord before police could respond, and it’s believed Schaub and the Texans contacted NFL Security which asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department after the incident, according to the source.

Schaub has been under intense scrutiny following the team’s disastrous 2-3 start which has included the much maligned quarterback throwing a Pick-Six interception in an NFL-record four consecutive games. The Texans return home to Reliant Sunday at noon when they welcome the St. Louis Rams to town.
MAKES YA WANNA MOVE TO HOUSTON

Top 5 US City....i don't f wit da rubbish

Top 5 in what? Obesity rates?

douchebags

Showing up at the guy's house to berate him. Classy.

Maybe some of these geniuses would like the same treatment when their managers show up at their apartments to berate them for not letting the fries cook enough and not emptying the garbage timely.

[UPDATE: The Houston Police twitter - it is unverified - account just said the following: There was "not a group of 'angry fans' outside the Schaub residence on Monday. A family member reported seeing a suspicious male in the driveway of the residence taking pictures. Police were not called to the home.]

[UPDATE: The Houston Police twitter - it is unverified - account just said the following: There was "not a group of 'angry fans' outside the Schaub residence on Monday. A family member reported seeing a suspicious male in the driveway of the residence taking pictures. Police were not called to the home.]
Schuab called his real estate agent because he sees the handwriting on the wall but forgot to tell the Mrs.

People moving out? I had two friends move there in the last 5 years. Both left after 2 years and don't want to ever go back.

Users who are viewing this thread