What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Russell Wilson (1 Viewer)

He just owned KC. If he can hang 23 points on KC in the first half - he is their new starter and looks to be good enough to be a top 12 qb this year in FF. Plus with their schedule, definitely have some 3 td games.
Absolutely nothing about this seems even remotely like preseason overreaction syndrome.
It really isn't that far fetched if he's running as much as he is.How many years was Garrard a Top 12 QB with mediocre pass stats??

I think Wilson's right there with Jake Locker in the rankings. I think their running stats are going to bump them past the Flacco/Schaub group.
He was top 12 2008.Top 12 in PPG 2009

And #14 in 2010.

I expect much better running stats from Wilson this year (than Garrard) if he starts.

I'm not expecting Cam Newton pass #'s, but do expect at a minimum Vince Young rookie #'s (with better pass #'s across the board). Looking back to last year, Tebow was QB10 from time he started (Week 7 - Week 17).

People really underestimating Wilson's rushing ability fantasy wise. He's going to very close to that Top 12.
So, like i said: Garrard had zero top 12 finishes when he had average passing numbers. ;)

He just owned KC. If he can hang 23 points on KC in the first half - he is their new starter and looks to be good enough to be a top 12 qb this year in FF. Plus with their schedule, definitely have some 3 td games.
Absolutely nothing about this seems even remotely like preseason overreaction syndrome.
It really isn't that far fetched if he's running as much as he is.How many years was Garrard a Top 12 QB with mediocre pass stats??

I think Wilson's right there with Jake Locker in the rankings. I think their running stats are going to bump them past the Flacco/Schaub group.
He was top 12 2008.Top 12 in PPG 2009

And #14 in 2010.

I expect much better running stats from Wilson this year (than Garrard) if he starts.

I'm not expecting Cam Newton pass #'s, but do expect at a minimum Vince Young rookie #'s (with better pass #'s across the board).

People really underestimating Wilson's rushing ability fantasy wise. He's going to very close to that Top 12. I have him projected for 500 rush yards and 6 rush TD's if named starter. And as a first year starter, that yardage # may end up low. He really can be very medicore passing and close in on that Top 12.
If Garrard can finish with Top 12 #'s twice & just outside another time, not really that far fetched to see Wilson near Top 12 this year.I'm going to looking to him or Locker at QB2. Nice upside picks with their added rushing ability.

Where was Brandon Flowers last night? He wasn't in the game. Where was the other starting CB opposite him? He wasn't there either. Wasn't quite the KC starting D, who wouldn't have quite been the niners starting D.

I do like Wilson all the same though.

Said it once, say it again, IT IS THE BLEEPING PRESEASON!!!
That's true but just because it's pre season is no reason to discount what he did. He showed a good arm, composure and accuracy and if he does start could be good this year.

'smackdaddies said:
'[icon] said:
'Hooper31 said:
'Colin Dowling said:
'Craig_MiamiFL said:
'Zeff said:
'smackdaddies said:

Garrard was a top 12 qb once (2008). He was top 10 in attempts, completions, and yards. He finished second in rush yards (322...the fleet footed Tyler thigpin was first) and had two tds. So the answer to the question is "zero".
How about merging the two Wilson threads?
:goodposting: This one is secondary... Just tack it onto the end of the other
Thanks for making the Shark Pool Great - when you have nothing of value to say, just cut others. WIN!
Already a Wilson owner. It's cute seeing young fellas like yourself discover your first gem, though. :thumbup: Oh.. and Honda.

I was offered Aaron Hernandez and one week of fluffer services last night but am holding out for two weeks.

I only watched the KC game and after seeing him, he doesnt match the hype. He was not NEARLY as accurate as his stat line showed. The WR's either made amazing catches or they had really good RAC. He could be nice but I'm not touching him.

I only watched the KC game and after seeing him, he doesnt match the hype. He was not NEARLY as accurate as his stat line showed. The WR's either made amazing catches or they had really good RAC. He could be nice but I'm not touching him.
Did you watch RG3? Compare them.

I took him the last pick in my draft Friday night. I didn't have a kicker yet, but I told my league Mr Irrelivant deserved be somebody that I may actually start against them and make them regret not picking him. If Wilson pans out, I got a steal for my qb #3, if he doesn't who cares. My point is part of the hype has to be the fact that you can draft him really late and he could easily be a very good #2 qb for fantasy purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread