What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C.Pep to Ravens for C.Mac... (1 Viewer)

LawFitz

Footballguy
Rumors being spread on the Raider message board. Apprarently, there have been talks between the Raiders and Ravens about a tag and trade deal involving Woodson to the Ravens str8 up for Ray Lewis... :eek: The rumors were then furthered today with radio broadcasts claiming that the Ravens have offered Chris McCallister to the Vikes for Daunte in a tag and trade also.Just rumors at this point, but last year, the Raider site broke the Moss trade rumors way early.I'd say it's unlikely, but it may be a great deal for the Raiders since C Wood was as good as gone anyway. I think there's still plenty left in Ray Ray's tank if he can get healthy.

Rumors being spread on the Raider message board. Apprarently, there have been talks between the Raiders and Ravens about a tag and trade deal involving Woodson to the Ravens str8 up for Ray Lewis... :eek:

The rumors were then furthered today with radio broadcasts claiming that the Ravens have offered Chris McCallister to the Vikes for Daunte in a tag and trade also.

Just rumors at this point, but last year, the Raider site broke the Moss trade rumors way early.

I'd say it's unlikely, but it may be a great deal for the Raiders since C Wood was as good as gone anyway. I think there's still plenty left in Ray Ray's tank if he can get healthy.
With all the money the Vikes have locked up in Smoot and Winfield...I highly doubt this one.

Rumors being spread on the Raider message board.  Apprarently, there have been talks between the Raiders and Ravens about a tag and trade deal involving Woodson to the Ravens str8 up for Ray Lewis... :eek:

The rumors were then furthered today with radio broadcasts claiming that the Ravens have offered Chris McCallister to the Vikes for Daunte in a tag and trade also.

Just rumors at this point, but last year, the Raider site broke the Moss trade rumors way early.

I'd say it's unlikely, but it may be a great deal for the Raiders since C Wood was as good as gone anyway.  I think there's still plenty left in Ray Ray's tank if he can get healthy.
With all the money the Vikes have locked up in Smoot and Winfield...I highly doubt this one.
That could just mean that there is yet another team involved in the deal. Just for fun, let's speculate something like McAllister to the Texans in a transaction that involves them shipping Davis to the Vikings.

Rumors being spread on the Raider message board. Apprarently, there have been talks between the Raiders and Ravens about a tag and trade deal involving Woodson to the Ravens str8 up for Ray Lewis... :eek:

I'd say it's unlikely, but it may be a great deal for the Raiders since C Wood was as good as gone anyway. I think there's still plenty left in Ray Ray's tank if he can get healthy.
umm....I think I need a translator! :boxing:

Just for fun, let's speculate something like McAllister to the Texans in a transaction that involves them shipping Davis to the Vikings.
Let's not. Please god let's not.Culpepper for another diminutive RB who hasn't shown ability to stay healthy?

Worst..... trade..... evah.

Just for fun, let's speculate something like McAllister to the Texans in a transaction that involves them shipping Davis to the Vikings.
Let's not. Please god let's not.Culpepper for another diminutive RB who hasn't shown ability to stay healthy?

Would you have preferred Ricky Williams? He'd be a great role model for Onterrio...

Would you have preferred Ricky Williams? He'd be a great role model for Onterrio...
He could show him how to use a Whizzanator as a bong....

If we're going to speculate, let's figure out how the Lions net McAllister. Obviously it won't be from the Vikings, but if Balt gets Woodson, C-Mac could go to Detroit instead of Minnesota.

That could just mean that there is yet another team involved in the deal. Just for fun, let's speculate something like McAllister to the Texans in a transaction that involves them shipping Davis to the Vikings.
Sure, because there are so many 3 way deals in the NFL...

Rumors being spread on the Raider message board.  Apprarently, there have been talks between the Raiders and Ravens about a tag and trade deal involving Woodson to the Ravens str8 up for Ray Lewis... :eek:

I'd say it's unlikely, but it may be a great deal for the Raiders since C Wood was as good as gone anyway.  I think there's still plenty left in Ray Ray's tank if he can get healthy.
Sure, because there are so many 3 way deals in the NFL...
Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying I buy it. I just think a little bit of indulging in harmless rumor mongering at this stage of the season is good clean fun.

I keep hearing about potential tag and trade deals this off season. How many times has that actually happened in the past? There aren't that many player for players deals to begin with in the NFL, much less tag and trade deals.

Macallister has been rumored to the Vikings since the day he was drafted. The Vikes look long and hard at him prior to the draft and his name has come up in MN every season since. Would the Vikes trade a #1 for him right now? NO. So why would they deal Cpep for him. If Daunte returns healthy, then they demand a 1 and more.

BigRed's going to love this thread. :lmao:
Both Ray and Mac are not happy. Though it hasn't been mentioned, the best move for Mac would be to the NYJets - reunite him with Donnie Henderson. When Mac is motivated, he is a talented player - otherwise he is a malcontent.Speculation is that Mac wants to go west and AZ is his choice although I haven't heard what the Ravens would get in return for him. Moving Mac will be a challenge given the cap hit next year so trading him isn't going to be so easy.

As to Ray, pretty clear that he has NEVER been the same since he returned from the injury in 02. He still has gas in the tank (but no longer a top 5 ILB) and if motivated would be a great leader for a younger team - great mentor for Ed Reed until Part-Time came into the fold.

Its no secret the Ravens want to unload McCallister and possibly Lewis. Once they unload McCallister, then trading Lewis for Woodson seems like a good play for both teams. The Ravens value strong corners who can man up. Oakland needs a player who understands how to make a tackle above all else. Lewis would fit right in. No reason to think this could happen before Baltimore does something with McCallister though.Does Minnesota really want to unload Culpepper? I wouldnt say that despite plenty of reason to believe they do. Not like Baltimore to go after Culpepper at his salary unless they think he's a true superstar. The Vikings could certainly do a lot worse than McCallister. The reason has more to do with each team wanting to get rid of their current player than who they get I imagine. Seems unlikely both teams would agree to a straight swap of unwanted stars but it has potential.

Its no secret the Ravens want to unload McCallister and possibly Lewis. Once they unload McCallister, then trading Lewis for Woodson seems like a good play for both teams. The Ravens value strong corners who can man up. Oakland needs a player who understands how to make a tackle above all else. Lewis would fit right in. No reason to think this could happen before Baltimore does something with McCallister though.

Does Minnesota really want to unload Culpepper? I wouldnt say that despite plenty of reason to believe they do. Not like Baltimore to go after Culpepper at his salary unless they think he's a true superstar. The Vikings could certainly do a lot worse than McCallister. The reason has more to do with each team wanting to get rid of their current player than who they get I imagine. Seems unlikely both teams would agree to a straight swap of unwanted stars but it has potential.
Is there a financial advantage of getting rid of McCallister and trading for Woodson?

Though it hasn't been mentioned, the best move for Mac would be to the NYJets - reunite him with Donnie Henderson. When Mac is motivated, he is a talented player - otherwise he is a malcontent.
So, uhm...then Chris McAllister to the Lions now? :unsure:

Both Ray and Mac are not happy. Though it hasn't been mentioned, the best move for Mac would be to the NYJets - reunite him with Donnie Henderson. When Mac is motivated, he is a talented player - otherwise he is a malcontent.
Didn't the Jets already say that they weren't retaining Henderson for 2006?

why would the ravens trade ray lewis for charles woodson? :yucky:
That all probably started around college bowl time. With it being the 10th anniversary for the Ravens this year, they had plans to give Ray an award at one of the home games. He quickly refused from his home down South and said he wouldn't be at the game because his injury required him to remain in bed. Adalius Thomas came on radio the next day supporting what Lewis had said about needing to be bed-ridden. Yet somehow, the next night, Lewis managed to attend the Clemson bowl game. At that point I believe Bischotti (sp) became fed up with Ray's stand to basically hold out for more money, and held a team meeting that Wednesday. What was said I do not know. However, I wouldn't rule out the owner's influence in the shopping of Lewis right now just to get him out of the locker room, which was a huge problem this year. McAllister, meanwhile, has always been a loner and while he may not have been a distraction in the locker room has defintely failed to show a passion for the game numerous times over his carrer.

As was stated earlier, with the money the Vikings have tied up in Winfield and Smoot, there is no way I can see this happening, unless of course maybe Winfield moves to Strong Safety. :excited: I however, do not like this deal at all and think it is alot of BS going around.

Right after the Ravens trade Ray Lewis straight up for Charles Woodson (I have to laugh even just typing this) - the Steelers are going to trade them Ben Roethlisberger for Marques Tuiasosopo, and the Redskins are going to deal them Santana Moss for Ronald Curry. The Raiders will be back in the Super Bowl NEXT YEAR !!!

Is there a financial advantage of getting rid of McCallister and trading for Woodson?

Woodson doesnt have a contract so who can say? Even if he signs a franchise deal the Ravens can renegotiate with him. A definate possibility for the near term cap if he signed a long term deal with a big bonus. The way the cap works though a team builds for a particuliar year. A fresh contract allows them flexibity. There is definately a financial advantage to unloading both McCallister and Lewis... two players the Ravens feel are on the decline. Whether such an advantage would hit the team this year, next year, or the year after, I dont know. Its a decision that affects more than one season.

Now I'm not advocating this trade scenario at all, BUTI do believe Smoot and Winfield had contracts that paid them very high first year money and manageable salaries in the 2nd, 3rd & beyond years.

2 reasons why:

1. The Vikes have been extremely close to the NFL MINIMUM team salary. They are signing big 1st yr salaries to FA's and vets to get over the NFL minimum.

2. It doesn't hurst them cap wise because the next year, it's not a pro-rated bonus, roster bonus, etc that effects the teams caps.

Honestly, I think the the old Vikes ownership was doing the exact opposite of all the other franchises.

Didn't the Jets already say that they weren't retaining Henderson for 2006?
this is correctDefensive guru...OK, maybe not guru...Mangeni cut loose Henderson and is working on an out for Heimerdinger---good luck w/a 35 yr old HC and 2 brand new coordinators in New York!

on potential Raven deals:

McAllister will be back,

Ray Lewis won't...

Jamal Lewis gets tagged and returns,

CTaylor hits the highway

Bart Scott signs a deal close to the one Hartwell got in Hotlanta to play MLB ... Polley stays

AD and Ed Reed sign fatties

Ravens don't get a Culpepper---maybe Brad Johnson, Steve McNair or Kerry Collins....not a big contract like CPep's

Ravens trade down in the first and use the draft to load up on O/D-line help, a corner and a RB

...at least if I were running the team :P

Last edited by a moderator:
ravnzfan - you're obviously more in tune than most of us, but your post sounds very reasonable, except a couple items.

on potential Raven deals:

McAllister will be back,

Ray Lewis won't...

Jamal Lewis gets tagged and returns,

CTaylor hits the highway

Bart Scott signs a deal close to the one Hartwell got in Hotlanta to play MLB ... Polley stays

AD and Ed Reed sign fatties

Ravens don't get a Culpepper---maybe Brad Johnson, Steve McNair or Kerry Collins....not a big contract like CPep's

Ravens trade down in the first and use the draft to load up on O/D-line help, a corner and a RB

...at least if I were running the team :P
First, where do YOU see Ray hitting? What's the trade?Scott - IIRC Hartwell signed a nice fat deal, worth more than Scott is.

I can certainly see Baltimore wanting a veteran to compete with Boller, but I have a difficult time seeing them landing one of these 3. McNair would be a dream - Mason is already there.

Everyone wants to trade down, but if they stand pat, they can walk away with Winston Justice who is a great fit, or Kiwanuka which would be downright scary.

Users who are viewing this thread