What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cadillac Williams (1 Viewer)

Garts

Footballguy
This guy showed some glimpses of greatness in his rookie year. Are we loking at an elite fantsy talent here for many years???I wish Alsott would retire so Caddy can score those gimme TDS!!!!!!!!

This guy showed some glimpses of greatness in his rookie year. Are we loking at an elite fantsy talent here for many years???

I wish Alsott would retire so Caddy can score those gimme TDS!!!!!!!!
I really worry about most second-year RBs that give us just "glimpses of greatness" in their rookie years.See: Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Willis McGahee...

I think Caddy is a better runner then Julius Jones. JMO, but he loosk tougher between the tackles.

I think Caddy is a better runner then Julius Jones. JMO, but he loosk tougher between the tackles.
My problem is, would anyone have said that at the end of *last* season, when JJ was on fire?Probably not.

Give me a Rudi Johnson/Clinton Portis/etc. any day over a 2nd year RB who needs to improve dramatically to justify his FF draft spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy showed some glimpses of greatness in his rookie year. Are we loking at an elite fantsy talent here for many years???

I really worry about most second-year RBs that give us just "glimpses of greatness" in their rookie years.See: Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Willis McGahee...
I agree. People are already hyping Caddy to be a 1st or early 2nd round pick next year. I had him this year and he started off great, but the major knock on him is injuries. I just can't see him playing a 16 game season if he gets a lot of touches. Plus he needs Alstott to leave and for him to get goaline touches too. He's more talented than Julius and Kevin, but injuries could sideline him too next year.

I definitely think Caddy will be an elite back for years to come. I watched him play several times in college, and the more I saw, the more impressed I was. Some RBs just see the field and the holes better than others, and Caddy always seemed to get that extra yard or two. While he's not especially big, he's solid and he's tough (not too mention incredibly quick and agile).As a Vol fan, I've seen a lot of college RBs who did quite well in the NFL. Williams looks like the real deal to me, and Gruden will build the offense around him.

I agree. People are already hyping Caddy to be a 1st or early 2nd round pick next year. I had him this year and he started off great, but the major knock on him is injuries. I just can't see him playing a 16 game season if he gets a lot of touches. Plus he needs Alstott to leave and for him to get goaline touches too. He's more talented than Julius and Kevin, but injuries could sideline him too next year.
Well, he is an NFL running back, so yeah, you could be right. :confused:

I definitely think Caddy will be an elite back for years to come. I watched him play several times in college, and the more I saw, the more impressed I was. Some RBs just see the field and the holes better than others, and Caddy always seemed to get that extra yard or two. While he's not especially big, he's solid and he's tough (not too mention incredibly quick and agile).

As a Vol fan, I've seen a lot of college RBs who did quite well in the NFL. Williams looks like the real deal to me, and Gruden will build the offense around him.
:yes:

Yea, he is long term unless injuries plauge his career. He got power and speed, and is only gonna get better.. i can see him gettin a bunch of 1200+ yard and 8+ TD seasons unless he getrs injuried

I definitely think Caddy will be an elite back for years to come. I watched him play several times in college, and the more I saw, the more impressed I was. Some RBs just see the field and the holes better than others, and Caddy always seemed to get that extra yard or two. While he's not especially big, he's solid and he's tough (not too mention incredibly quick and agile).

As a Vol fan, I've seen a lot of college RBs who did quite well in the NFL. Williams looks like the real deal to me, and Gruden will build the offense around him.
:goodposting: (Even if your name is a horrible oxymoron!)

They need to improve that Tampa line. If it's improved then he can be a stud for years to come. If they keep it status quo, he'll be an up and down back.

i can see him gettin a bunch of 1200+ yard and 8+ TD seasons unless he getrs injuried
Even with the injury, he was just about there this year. Just imagine if he had gotten those half a dozen or so goal line TDs that Alstott cashed in on.

One interesting facet that affects Caddy's FF value IMO is their respective head coaches. Gruden has said he will ride Caddy all day long and when healthy he gets the rock 20+ times a game.Parcells says the same thing about JJ and then throws Barber or the flavor of the week into the mix to mess with JJ's fantasy value.You should expect most rookie RBs to hit a wall based on the number of carries and extra beating they take from NFL vs NCAA. How they train in the offseason will also be key.

The guy had the physical tools to make him a top 5 draft pick. Most of the other RB disappointments/teases were guys who had big weeks in good systems, but didn't have the elite tools coming out of college.He had a very productive rookie season that was slowed by injury. Unlike William Green or Julius Jones, he started and finished strong.He's on a team that likes to run the ball and where the coach loves him. He'll be used in the rushing and passing game.I think he could easily be a top 5 back for many, many years.

As far as FF potential for the Bucs, just look at the performance of guys when he was in Oakland. I am sure he is trying t bring the same to Tampa. :thumbup:

Caddy will be a great #2 for a long time I feel. He will very consistent in getting his yards. The reason I dont think he is a great # 1 is because of Gruden's system. Gruden almost always has a goal line back to vulture TDs. It may not be Allstott in the future, but I'd always be worried that there will be someone to eat into Caddy's TD production.

I like Caddy as a runner, but I think Gruden is going to ruin him - and fast. Caddy started the season off great, but those 25 - 30 carry games wore him down. Then he was out for a few weeks due to injuries. Now he is back, and Gruden is again giving him 25 - 30 carries a game. I'm not sure if Caddy is built for that many carries at this stage of his career. In my opinion, he could be a 25 carry back in the future, but he split time at Auburn, and played a shorter season. I think there is a chance he will burn out with this kind of work load. I'd like to see Caddy get about 18-20 carries and maybe 2-4 recptions a game. No more than 20-24 touches next year. I think that will keep him healthy and productive.Gruden's promise to ride Caddy all day long doesn't bode well for a long and productive career.

Well, he is an NFL running back, so yeah, you could be right. :confused:
I think the poster was refering to the predilection for injury not the ability to be injured, and given the amount of carries Gruden has been giving Caddy that needs to be a concern.

I like Caddy as a runner, but I think Gruden is going to ruin him - and fast. Caddy started the season off great, but those 25 - 30 carry games wore him down. Then he was out for a few weeks due to injuries. Now he is back, and Gruden is again giving him 25 - 30 carries a game. I'm not sure if Caddy is built for that many carries at this stage of his career. In my opinion, he could be a 25 carry back in the future, but he split time at Auburn, and played a shorter season. I think there is a chance he will burn out with this kind of work load.

I'd like to see Caddy get about 18-20 carries and maybe 2-4 recptions a game. No more than 20-24 touches next year. I think that will keep him healthy and productive.

Gruden's promise to ride Caddy all day long doesn't bode well for a long and productive career.
I think the workload will balance out a bit. There will be times when the team is behind, and there won't be 25-30 carry games, but maybe in the 15-20 range.Averaging 25 carries per game would be 400 carries a year, and that's unlikely for anyone. Even Shaun Alexander was a bit shy of that mark this year (370).

As mentioned, the likely difference between Caddy being a top 15 back and a top 5 back is (obviously) injuries and getting all the goal line love (to be determined).

Users who are viewing this thread