What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin Johnson's knee injury (1 Viewer)

jbird

Footballguy
I know that sitting out pracitce on Wednesdays has been the norm for Megatron this year but he is sitting again this Thursday. IIRC the last time he didn't practice on a Thursday, he didn't practice that Friday, and didn't play on Sunday.

I haven't seen any mention regarding the severity of his knee injury but CBS reports that he played through the injury last week.

I'm not looking to be an alarmist but am concerned about his outlook for the rest of the year. Has anyone heard or seen anything about his knee injury? His knee may be an issue that he'll have to deal with for the rest of the year. Calling Dr. Bramel...

I'll always start Calvin if he's playing but his 3/25 line against Cleveland after sitting out a game due to a knee injury has me wondering if that is the prudent move going forward.

If I was the coach, CJ wouldn't step on a practice field at any time for the rest of the year.

He does not need practice.

Certainly concerning, but unfortunately not a heck of a lot you can do about it besides have a decent plan B ready. I wouldn't sit him if he's active though.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/PRACTICE-REPORT-Calvin-Johnson-misses-second-day-of-practice/8bac153d-98e3-41fa-b120-b8d559c2ef33

Calvin Johnson missed Wednesday and Thursday practice for the first time in weeksIt's not uncommon for Calvin Johnson to get a day off of practice during the week. It hasn’t been typical of late, however, for the All Pro receiver to miss the two most important days of the practice week on Wednesday and Thursday.

Megatron has been dealing with a knee injury since the first Chicago matchup in September. It caused him to miss the Green Bay game and he was limited against Cleveland the following week.Johnson was listed on Wednesday’s injury report with a knee injury after missing that practice session. He was not on the field for the portion of practice open to the media today.

Megatron has 567 yards and five touchdowns over the last three games he’s felt healthier.

I haven't seen any mention regarding the severity of his knee injury but CBS reports that he played through the injury last week.
You will never hear anything mentioning the severity of any injury from the Lions.

Users who are viewing this thread