What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Captain's Quorum Survivor League (6 Viewers)

Just checking in this morning, I see I am up. I have my info at work, so I'll post a pick when I get there in 20-30 minutes (gotta get my Tim Horton's fix first)!

3.09 TE Jason Witten - Dallas

Bledsoe is going to need the outlet receiver as IMO, he just doesn't have the instinct anymore to wait it out in the pocket and throw deep... Witten is going to be his Ben Coates of yesteryear.

edited to add - I PM'd dpeease and ACP

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to make sure I have this right...The quorum rule (wherein drafting is ON regardless if it is your pick and you are not in the thread - 10/14) is NOT in effect between 10pm and 10am EST, right?And non-quorum - or any type of drafting - is suspended between midnight and 8am EST, right?So to clarify with a hypo...If it is up to me in the draft, there are 13 of 14 drafters in the thread, I am the only one not in the thread, but it is 10:15pm - I am fine - I cannot be skipped. Is this correct?Thanks!

You are correct sir.AND one important thing - if you are here when there is a quorum, and you are going to leave, you should post a note saying you are leaving - this takes precedence over your name in the group. You probably wouldn't do that if you were stepping away for 5 minutes, but should if you are leaving for the day or going into a long meeting.

You are correct sir.

AND one important thing - if you are here when there is a quorum, and you are going to leave, you should post a note saying you are leaving - this takes precedence over your name in the group. You probably wouldn't do that if you were stepping away for 5 minutes, but should if you are leaving for the day or going into a long meeting.
yeah, additionally if you are leaving make sure you go somewhere else in FBG first (just hit the main FFA page) so your name gets removed from the list in the thread.

3.10 Javon Walker

called and left Arh a message and sent him a pm. HE WAS JUST HERE!!!

3-13 Reggie Wayne, WR, INDNow assuming there are still 10+ in the thread, radballs would have 15 minutes for his pick at 3-14 - if that were to elapse without a pick he would then have an hour before we could skip his second pick and give him the ADP for 4-1

Where did everyone just go?  We had like 11 guys in here two seconds ago - now we got like 6 or 7 just as it hits 10am on Tuesday.
Here's what I can see happening. Guys thinking there's a quarum going on, and they leave this room and go check out any last minute happenings, news tidbits, whatever and they leave the room to do so.I suggest having 2 internet links open on your toolbar if you plan on being involved in the Quarum. One to stay in this thread.........the other to cruise around as you're waiting for your pick. Leaving and coming back will result in a lot of confusion IMO.

We need just 1 more!!!9 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)9 Members: Hear-the-Footsteps, Preds, valence, Blue Peep, dpeease, bicycle_seat_sniffer, Fiddles, Family Matters, Bri

3-13 Reggie Wayne, WR, IND

Now assuming there are still 10+ in the thread, radballs would have 15 minutes for his pick at 3-14 - if that were to elapse without a pick he would then have an hour before we could skip his second pick and give him the ADP for 4-1
Maybe we should Copy and Paste the Members in the room from the bottom of the page when we make our Skipped picks... This way it can be verified and we can make sure there are actually 10 drafters and not guests.....

3-13 Reggie Wayne, WR, IND

Now assuming there are still 10+ in the thread, radballs would have 15 minutes for his pick at 3-14 - if that were to elapse without a pick he would then have an hour before we could skip his second pick and give him the ADP for 4-1
Maybe we should Copy and Paste the Members in the room from the bottom of the page when we make our Skipped picks... This way it can be verified and we can make sure there are actually 10 drafters and not guests.....
anyone could edit that and add people :shrug:

I think Peep's suggestion is very good(the only time a visitor would count would be if they were a designated drafter for someone)Be back in half an hour and will hope that rad is here by then. Rosters have been updated on the other thread.

What happens if we have 11 in here - thereby starting the quorum timer - but during that time we drop below 10.Does the timer stop?Does the timer resume when we have 10 again?Does the timer start over when we have 10 again?

10 people here, don't we draft quickly? I see no radballs, how long do we wait for him then?

What happens if we have 11 in here - thereby starting the quorum timer - but during that time we drop below 10.

Does the timer stop?

Does the timer resume when we have 10 again?

Does the timer start over when we have 10 again?
If we have 10 and are quorum drafting, we have to stop when we get below 10 - and can resume when we get back to 10

I need to leave for several hrs - will pm the Cpn some picks.Capn has been pm'd.

:D look like we are live (15 minutes max time)
is it 15 minutes from the last pick or 15 mins from when we notice we have enough people to hit Q mode? seems like it should be 15 mins from the 10 person threshold.

is it 15 minutes from the last pick or 15 mins from when we notice we have enough people to hit Q mode? seems like it should be 15 mins from the 10 person threshold.
It is 15 minutes from the last pick to initiate the quorum drafting - people have to be given a chance to make their pick

It is 15 minutes from the last pick to initiate the quorum drafting - people have to be given a chance to make their pick
but I'm saying, what if for 10 mins there's no one here, then on minute 14 everyone shows up.... it starts 15 mins after pick? or 29 mins after pick?

dpease is up until 11:18am right (since the last pick was at 11:03 and we have 12 in the thread)?

13 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)13 Members: Preds, Perry Van Hook, Fiddles, bicycle_seat_sniffer, Bri, Diamond, Duckboy, Hear-the-Footsteps, Blue Peep, AhrnCityPahnder, valence, dpeease, Iwannabeacowboybaby!

I'm gonna try something different and take a player I HATE, but has good WR'sQB Kerry Collinssorry for the delay, work got in the way

Users who are viewing this thread