What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Captain's Quorum Survivor League (3 Viewers)

Guys, I just got in, but FM (Mike) left a message on my machine that he has no internet connection. The call was placed around 1 pm EST today, and he left no details other than to let you all know he is having issues with his ISP at the moment, and can't draft.Ron

After a quick review, and in the spirit of moving this along, I would draft the highest rated TE without a week 10 bye, or the next rated RB without a week 5 or 6 bye. That's what I believe FM would do next. Just trying to help, it's up to you guys.R.White

Sorry to hear about FM's connection problems.Absent a quorum, we will just have to wait a liitle more than two hours until he times out on a four hour clock. I have Valence's pick for 13-2 whenever we need it, and cowboy's pick for 13-5 whenever we get there.

You guys going to skip the poor guy :thumbdown: Not his fault his ISP went down.Is this league for cash? If not then someone really should look over his roster, and pick for him (commish?) His needs are quite evident this deep into the draft.Just read the rules. Sorry. I'll see if I can find his number. Give me a couple mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys going to skip the poor guy :thumbdown: Not his fault his ISP went down.

Is this league for cash? If not then someone really should look over his roster, and pick for him (commish?) His needs are quite evident this deep into the draft.
if you have his #, call him and see what he wants.

he picks twice, I believe we'd have to wait 8 hours(4 times 2) since 10 people aren't present

Sorry Fellas, I don't have his number. I thought it was on one of our league sites. I went back to 03, nothing.I'm absolutely certain he would prefer to have someone pick for him, rather than hold you guys up, or be skipped twice. If you want me to take over these 2 picks for him just holla. Maybe you need a quorum to vote on that ? Happy to help if needed.RW

initial post just says 4 hour clock per pick by PerryMBSL post refers to trades being done in the first hour, an additional hour for "corner" folks but even after that states 4 hours per pick.*********pasted***********You can trade draft picks, players already selected, or a combination of both. There will only be two restrictions. One, all exchanges must involve the same number of picks/players (no 2 for 1s). Once you’re on the clock, that particular pick may only be traded in the first hour (the guys on the end will be allotted an additional hour for the second pick only). You may trade a pick in advance, but you can’t sit on the clock holding up the draft for an extended period negotiating. For a trade to be official, both owners must confirm the trade in the pick thread. For this to work, we will need 16 active owners. Therefore the draft timer will be set to 4 hours for all picks. ***************for all picks

13.02 Eric Parker WR SDwas fm's 12.14 pick skipped? I see his ADP pick @ 13.01 but not the 12.14

While I have no problem with Ron making the picks - we do have the rule and precedent and think we should go with that - if FM reaches Ron to have him make the other pick, fine, but that is not where we are now13-1 = Pollard by ADP

13.02 Eric Parker WR SD

was fm's 12.14 pick skipped? I see his ADP pick @ 13.01 but not the 12.14
Are you giving FM the highest ADP RB for his 12.14? He had 2 picks. I apologize for jumping in, and I am not familiar completely with the rules, but I am trying to look out for FM here.

13.02 Eric Parker WR SD

Are you giving FM the highest ADP RB for his 12.14? He had 2 picks. I apologize for jumping in, and I am not familiar completely with the rules, but I am trying to look out for FM here.
If RWhite wants to pick for FM, I'm alright with it - Frankly, I'm not sure we had a Quorem for 10 minutes - If I were skipped I'd like to see proof :bag:
I told Ron before FM was skipped that he could pick for him if he wanted. Once we had a quorum and he got 13-1 by ADP, I don't know that I am supposed to bend the rules - we have a rule and precedent. If everybody if fine with Ron picking for FM at 12-4, it is fine with me.

13.02 Eric Parker WR SD

If RWhite wants to pick for FM, I'm alright with it - Frankly, I'm not sure we had a Quorem for 10 minutes - If I were skipped I'd like to see proof :bag:
I told Ron before FM was skipped that he could pick for him if he wanted. Once we had a quorum and he got 13-1 by ADP, I don't know that I am supposed to bend the rules - we have a rule and precedent. If everybody if fine with Ron picking for FM at 12-4, it is fine with me.
That's fine.

User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)8 Members: Bri, Duckboy, bicycle_seat_sniffer, Preds, Fiddles, dpeease, AhrnCityPahnder, valenceWR David Boston MIA

12 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)11 Members: Preds, Iwannabeacowboybaby!, Blue Peep, bicycle_seat_sniffer, Duckboy, Bri, Perry Van Hook, Fiddles, dpeease, AhrnCityPahnder, valence

I'll be honest with ya, I don't believe we did. It's not my call though it's Perry's. Two posts above kinda prove we didn't. Sorry I didn't notice had no clue what was going on. I just look for BSS and cowboy as I pick after them.

stamp louder next time, I'll hear ya ;)
Yeah, a bit ironic I guess. We didn't have quorum once all day. A couple times we had up to 8 or 9 members, but never 10. Then I leave for a 1 hour meeting, come back, and we went from having FM on the clock (his 4 hour timer ticking) to all of a sudden someone picked for FM, the two guys after him picked, 15 min must have passed, and then another 4 picks or so after mine all went.Interesting.

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread