What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Carolina LB'ers (1 Viewer)

This is an important week to listen closely and see what can be gleaned. Kuechly looked really good in Week 5 with Beason out, but I have a hard time imagining Beason not being the MLB for Carolina if healthy.

From rotoworld:

Jon Beason: Jon Beason misses practice

Jon Beason - LB - CAR - Oct. 17 - 2:56 pm et

Panthers MLB Jon Beason was held out of Wednesday's practice after his knee "flared up" Monday.

Beason was expected to return following the Panthers' Week 6 bye after sitting out in Week 5, but the smart money is on first-round pick Luke Kuechly making another start. Beason's grip on his starting job is almost certainly loosening. Oct. 17 - 2:56 pm et

Source: Steve Reed on Twitter

So I assume Keuchly played in the middle again today, yes? He's put up sick numbers the past two weeks, but I'm curious to know how he's looked doing it? Does he look the part of a stud MLB or has he been more of a compiler? Is he likely to remain in the middle regardless of Beason's status?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I assume Keuchly played in the middle again today, yes? He's put up sick numbers the past two weeks, but I'm curious to know how he's looked doing it? Does he look the part of a stud MLB or has he been more of a compiler? Is he likely to remain in the middle regardless of Beason's status?
All 3 starting LB put up good numbers. I am curious to hear Jene's take on this.

I didn't watch the game, but it's pretty clear Carolina's scorekeeper loves to hand out assists, each starting LB on Carolina got 5+ assists. Kuechly has put up pretty studly numbers in his last 3 home games which has been significantly aided by these assists, so I'd feel very comfortable starting him (or any every down linebacker on CAR for that matter) for every Carolina home game. I don't think Kuechly has started a road game yet though, so next week's game in Chicago should be interesting from that aspect.

Are we to consider Keuchly a LB1 going forward? Or are we still wise to temper our expectations with the thought that Beason returns any time now to full time at MLB and K is moved to the outside? Edit: I just saw Beason to IR in EOTG so yeah Keuchly is a LB1 going forward.

Are we to consider Keuchly a LB1 going forward? Or are we still wise to temper our expectations with the thought that Beason returns any time now to full time at MLB and K is moved to the outside? Edit: I just saw Beason to IR in EOTG so yeah Keuchly is a LB1 going forward.
I'd say he's probably a LB1, but I'd still like to see how he does starting an away game. Kuechly's been the beneficiary of a lot of assisted tackles thanks to Carolina's scorekeeper in his starts so far.

'Time Kibitzer said:
'Mistabishi said:
I'd say he's probably a LB1, but I'd still like to see how he does starting an away game. Kuechly's been the beneficiary of a lot of assisted tackles thanks to Carolina's scorekeeper in his starts so far.
This. I want to see if we have a London Fletcher situation here where at home he averages 4 tackles per game on the road and 15 at home.

Solid game by Kuechly in his first away start, 7 solos and 3 assists; and there wasn't even much tackle opportunity since the Panthers dominated the time of possession. The Panthers next 4 games include 2 home games and 2 away games both against teams that have been excellent matchups for opposing MLBs. Things are looking very good for Kuechly from a fantasy point of view, I'd say he's definitely a LB1 at this point.

Solid game by Kuechly in his first away start, 7 solos and 3 assists; and there wasn't even much tackle opportunity since the Panthers dominated the time of possession. The Panthers next 4 games include 2 home games and 2 away games both against teams that have been excellent matchups for opposing MLBs. Things are looking very good for Kuechly from a fantasy point of view, I'd say he's definitely a LB1 at this point.
Agreed. He is locked into my lineup now.

Users who are viewing this thread