What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Sportsline - Now has an app store (1 Viewer)

SammyJankis

Footballguy
My league just renewed on CBS Sportsline. I took a brief look at the site, and they have a quick video that shows the new features. Most are pretty yawntastic, but much to surprise I found something very cool: This year they'll have an app store.

Much like Apple, Google, etc apps are both of the free and paid variety. They have a grand total of zero to take a look at right now. (The site says "coming soon".)

However, all the details to develop apps are available right now. Take a look at this: CBS App Developer Page The rules are that it's free to write an app. You can serve it up to your league privately for free. If you want to sell it to the masses, you have to buy a $25 license.

What I think is really cool about this is that we have a long time dynasty league and have wanted them to add some functionality, but this seemed like a long shot. I am a software developer by nature. So what's cool for me is that if CBS doesn't add a feature I want, I have the ability to add it myself.

I am curious to see how rich their app store is and how powerful their APIs are.

It seems like if you've developed web apps before, the process is pretty straight forward. I had a simple example up and running within an hour.

The trick is that the "test environment" for the apps is a dummy league and you have to submit for approval to have it appear in your real league. So it may just be a matter of how long the approval process takes.

I'd have to think if you're trying a private app (for your league only) the approval process must be lightning quick, but we'll see.

I guess it's cool on the surface. I noticed that tab also. But honestly the last thing I want to do when I get home is develop more code just for my league :lazy: :P

CBS has started to load in some of the management Apps. Some of them look interesting to me.

Does anyone here has experience with the Machine or Cheat Sheet Wizard?

Sorry to post out here, but I cannot find any discussion on this suite of Apps.

Users who are viewing this thread