What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS Sportsline promotional codes (1 Viewer)

The reason you don't hear people complain about MFL is that they have the best customer service in the industry.CBS offers a good product but when you have a problem it is not handled in the same way that MFL problems are. CBS's customer service isn't bad its what you would expect from a company. MFL just seems to go out of the way to help you. That is the main reason I will never switch to another service.

'Bait and Switch' is the practice of advertising a product at a reduced price,
Like "free" for instance? Or is that not reduced enough for you?
and then not having that product available and attempting to sell a different and/or more expensive product to the customer.
Like charging $130 for a league at their site after it had been established the previous year for free?Thanks for clarifying that for me.
Did someone at CBS Sportsline sleep with your girl or something? You seem to have a disproportional amount of hatred for a website.

Half the price of Sportsline is about right for myfantasyleague. You get about half of the features with none of the other bells and whistles that come with a Sportsline league. I would much rather pay about six more dollars per team to get a much better product.

I am asking strictly because I am interested,what does CBS offer that I don't already get?

| Home | Manage Team | Reports | Real-time Scoring | Message Board | League Chat | Help | Logout |

League Rules

Scoring System

Owner/Team Info

Owner Activity

Record Book

History

Archive

Reports

Fantasy Standings

Starting Lineups

Weekly Results

Team Rankings

Real-time Scoring

Fantasy Team

Fantasy Team Stats

Fantasy Rosters

Fant Rost w/stats

Fantasy Schedule

Free Agent List

Most Added/Drop

Top Players

Roster Status

Draft Average

Draft Summary

Transactions

Player Transact

Lineup Transact

Money Transact

News

Player with Stats

Your Players

Players to Watch

Latest Fantasy/NFL

Resources

NFL Teams

NFL Team Analysis

NFL Schedule

Depth Charts

Injury Report

Weather Report

Did someone at CBS Sportsline sleep with your girl or something? You seem to have a disproportional amount of hatred for a website.
I thought I made it clear on page one how I felt about CBS & why.

If I was going to switch from CBS, I'd want some guarantee that the live draft wouldn't screw up on whichever site I'd switch to.I've had a league at CBS for 6 years now and never had a prob with the draft. In fact, I haven't had a server failure in at least two years there.I tried fanball and EASports in another league that I'm in and both sites not only (a) paled in comparison layout anbd feature-wise, but more importantly (b) Both sites crashed during our live drafts, which made for nightmare 5-hour long drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
STSM2005

10% off, from Street and Smith's 2005 Yearbook
Thanks for the code. It will help as our league refuses to move.

I got them to move to RTS last year. Problems started at the draft. First no chat within the board; you had to set up a second window. As most people found this clumsy to work with, it cut down a WHOLE lot on the bashing and laughing at other peoples picks. Players did not come off the board as they were drafted, just marked. This made the later rounds a pain when you had to go through a whole lot of players to try to find out who was still available. Then the board locked up and it took about 30 minutes for me to figure out how to unlock it.

First week, the "live" scoring was non-existant until the last quarter of the first games. I got so many calls and emails complaining about just about everything, after week three I finally said...er.... I can't write in here what I said ;) .

I then paid for CBS, and manually had to put in the draft and all the games that had occured up until that time. I found it easier to do that than listen to the phone ringing every hour and a ton of emails complaining constantly.

Does CBS have problems? OH YES! Their customer service is .... hmmm what customer service? :X

Does their live scoring mess up? Yep, but they usually have it fixed the next day.

Got to love the CBS guru and his predictions.. :lmao: :lmao:

RTS customer service was great. They got back to me within hours of an email. They even gave me a rebate on the league when I told them we were dropping them. RTS just didnt work for us though.

It all comes down to the features the owners are used to. For our league, CBS seems to work. The owners are willing to pay the extra to maintain their comfort level.

The reason you don't hear people complain about MFL is that they have the best customer service in the industry.

CBS offers a good product but when you have a problem it is not handled in the same way that MFL problems are.  CBS's customer service isn't bad its what you would expect from a company. 

MFL just seems to go out of the way to help you.  That is the main reason I will never switch to another service.
:goodposting: Bingo! We have a winner!! I can forgive having issues and mistakes if there's a good faith effort to fix them and a recognition of who pays the bills. CBS whole attitude stinks. Toyota dealerships have the same effect for me - awesome product, horrible sales people. CBS has a very solid product, the best in many areas, that does never the less have issues, and these issues are NOT addressed apropriately, IMHO. People will buy Toyotas, because they are great cars, and people will use CBS because they have a very solid product. As long as this happens, the business model these folks have validates itself. I choose not to support such an approach, as much as I can.

The reason you don't hear people complain about MFL is that they have the best customer service in the industry.

CBS offers a good product but when you have a problem it is not handled in the same way that MFL problems are. CBS's customer service isn't bad its what you would expect from a company.

MFL just seems to go out of the way to help you. That is the main reason I will never switch to another service.
:goodposting: Bingo! We have a winner!! I can forgive having issues and mistakes if there's a good faith effort to fix them and a recognition of who pays the bills. CBS whole attitude stinks. Toyota dealerships have the same effect for me - awesome product, horrible sales people. CBS has a very solid product, the best in many areas, that does never the less have issues, and these issues are NOT addressed apropriately, IMHO. People will buy Toyotas, because they are great cars, and people will use CBS because they have a very solid product. As long as this happens, the business model these folks have validates itself. I choose not to support such an approach, as much as I can.
Im not trying to convert anyone over to CBS and I couldnt care less what service you use. I use one I like, you use one you like, everyones happy.
That statement sums it up. Wingnut likes CBS's product. He'll never try to convince someone to else to use it though, because there is nothing that makes it truly special.When a product exceeds every reasonable expectation, by leaps and bounds, you just can't help but feel obligated to tell others of your good fortune.

Thats why people constantly are bragging about how good MFL is. :brush:

CBS offers a good product but when you have a problem it is not handled in the same way that MFL problems are. CBS's customer service isn't bad its what you would expect from a company.

MFL just seems to go out of the way to help you. That is the main reason I will never switch to another service.
Im not trying to convert anyone over to CBS and I couldnt care less what service you use. I use one I like, you use one you like, everyones happy.
That statement sums it up. Wingnut likes CBS's product. He'll never try to convince someone to else to use it though, because there is nothing that makes it truly special.When a product exceeds every reasonable expectation, by leaps and bounds, you just can't help but feel obligated to tell others of your good fortune.
:rolleyes: You think MFL is the best thing since sliced bread. Good for you. I believe "if it aint broke, dont fix it". Unless CBS gives me a reason to want to leave, Im staying put. Its that simple. Nothing more. If you think theres something more to it, youre over analyzing.

I just dont like all the java crap that sportline loads and I think their real-time scores are very slow to load the page.

61 posts and only one promotional code.  Looks like this thread was a success  :rolleyes:
How many do you need?And did YOU provide one?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No I did not, but my post was meant to say "hey, let's stick to the topic"I saw this topic and thought, "wow, that's a lot of promotional codes" only to find it was really a trial for the use of CBS.

And as far as how many do I need, who knows there could be more than one out there.

"I am the commish of a dynasty league which has used Sportsline going on six years now. We have had very few problems with Sportsline and do not foresee moving. When an occassional issue had arisen, customer service was, to contradict some posters here, quite prompt (especially given the number of leagues hosted by Sportsline). The longest I have gone without a reply to an email was five hours, and this was on a Sunday afternoon. Any other emails during the week recieved multiple replies. One reply would be a form type email saying the issue was being looked into and then the second email would come soon after from an individual saying the issue had been resolved. Some others may be more picky or high maintanance than our league, but Sportsline fits all of our needs."

Wow. I don't know who the Commish who posted the above knows at Sportsline to get this VIP service, but in 5 years on Sportsline, I have never had one email about a problem returned, ever. Sportsline's site is very slick and well organized, but if there's a problem, I have to figure out a solution myself.

(Sorry for the weird quoting thing- something got screwed up while I was trying to reply.)

"I am the commish of a dynasty league which has used Sportsline going on six years now. We have had very few problems with Sportsline and do not foresee moving. When an occassional issue had arisen, customer service was, to contradict some posters here, quite prompt (especially given the number of leagues hosted by Sportsline). The longest I have gone without a reply to an email was five hours, and this was on a Sunday afternoon. Any other emails during the week recieved multiple replies. One reply would be a form type email saying the issue was being looked into and then the second email would come soon after from an individual saying the issue had been resolved. Some others may be more picky or high maintanance than our league, but Sportsline fits all of our needs."
Wow. I don't know who the Commish who posted the above knows at Sportsline to get this VIP service, but in 5 years on Sportsline, I have never had one email about a problem returned, ever. Sportsline's site is very slick and well organized, but if there's a problem, I have to figure out a solution myself.

(Sorry for the weird quoting thing- something got screwed up while I was trying to reply.)

I've been at CBS for about 6-7 years, and all my emails have been answered -- not in five hours, but always within a day or so. I've had a pretty good experience there, and I like how easy it is to navigate through the site. I also have teams that use Yahoo, My Fantasy League and ESPN. Doesn't really matter, they all do essentially the same thing. If money is your biggest concern then there's no way CBS should even be considered. If you've had poor customer service from CBS, then by all means switch -- if enough people switch then CBS will get the hint and improve that aspect of the site, though in my personal experience I haven't encountered any major problems.

61 posts and only one promotional code.  Looks like this thread was a success  :rolleyes:
How many do you need?And did YOU provide one?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No I did not, but my post was meant to say "hey, let's stick to the topic"I saw this topic and thought, "wow, that's a lot of promotional codes" only to find it was really a trial for the use of CBS.

And as far as how many do I need, who knows there could be more than one out there.
If the only posts in this topic were promotional codes it would be on page 20 by now. And I am fairly certain the post police is NOT hiring at the moment, but thanks anyway.

Here is another code, but I'd guess they are all for 10% off.

KRPD2005 =10% off

I've used yahoo, espn, myfantasyleague.com and cbs sportsline, and for me cbs is the best and easiest to navigate.
CBS is NO DOUBT THE GOLD STANDARD when it comes to Navigation. They got it right. No argument. If you're an owner, and you could care less about other things beyond ease of use, you'll LOVE Sportsline.At the same time, CBS has HORRIFIC customer service. Communication is truly horrible. CBS ultimately demonstrates they don't care about you as a customer, IMHO.

CBS has consistently had SERIOUS issues in early weeks of the season just staying up and accessible.

The live scoring while very fast often misreports plays, and doesn't correctly assign points.

Issues often occur in-season and aren't fixed in a timely manner.

CBS has not improved the product significantly over the last X years (plug in your own X).

And yes, CBS is more expensive than just about anything else.

If you're a Commish, this is the LAST service you want to use. If you're a demanding user, this is simply not the best option.

Outside of my opinion about not caring for Customers, the rest of this stuff is well documented. Just because you haven't had these problems, doesn't mean you won't. I've used most popular fantasy services out there, free and pay, in multiple sports. I personally believe in working with businesses that value me as a customer. From this perspective, there are plenty of better choices out there. I recommend MFL and RT Sports. XPertleagues also seems to have a fine product, but they are not as established (yet). :football:
:lmao: I will take Xpertsports any day over CBS sportsline. As to XPertsports being established. They are hosting WCOFF as well as sattellite leagues, FFM, and others. Xpertsports product keeps getting better and on the cutting edge.

Nope, that is exactly what I think.

I actually think MFL is better than sliced bread :lol:
draft engine and waiver system are clunky. Navigation is a pain in the ####. Those are my opinions of MFL. Ever draft at Xpertsports?

CBS offers a good product but when you have a problem it is not handled in the same way that MFL problems are.  CBS's customer service isn't bad its what you would expect from a company. 

MFL just seems to go out of the way to help you.  That is the main reason I will never switch to another service.

Thats why people constantly are bragging about how good MFL is. :brush:
problem is MFL doesn't meet those criteria in my book. It is a clunky system. It is what a lot of folks settled for other then CBS related to failure of a better option. There are better options now. To me the better option is Xpertsports.com which is why I pimp the site.

61 posts and only one promotional code. Looks like this thread was a success :rolleyes:
there were two...a second one after this postthey are STSM2005 and KRPD2005

I used the Street and Smith, so thanx to that poster...

...for everyone pissing all over CBS and 'wondering what commish wouldn't want another $60 in the pot'...

...sometimes, the wishes of the membership supercede those of the commish, therefore we go with their choice--I can only LEAD them to MFL, I can't make them change to it!

...for everyone pissing all over CBS and 'wondering what commish wouldn't want another $60 in the pot'...

...sometimes, the wishes of the membership supercede those of the commish, therefore we go with their choice--I can only LEAD them to MFL, I can't make them change to it!
Yep, in the same boat. You would think they might want more money in the kitty, but each year we continue to renew. I also used the STSM2005 promotional code, so this thread was enough of a success for me.

Yep, in the same boat. You would think they might want more money in the ktty, but each year we continue to renew. I also used the STSM2005 promotional code, so this thread was enough of a success for me.
I also used that code for two of my redrafts. Forwarded it to my commish's and hoping they all use it...

They used to, but now that belongs to Xpertsports. The site owner goes out of way to help others. THings are taking care of asap. Ideas are listened too as well

I was overruled by some league members who want to "stay with what they know" at CBS. One owner pointed out that CBS was going to auto-bill everyone today, even though their 2005 product has not been released yet. Why would I want to prepay for something I have not seen yet, and can't use yet?Anyway, I went ahead and decided to honor the wishes of the few owners who even bothered to let me know what site they want.First of all, they would not take my password - I am logged in to the site, but somehow my password is no good when trying to pay for the league???So, they offer to email me my password, and what do they do? They *change* my password - nice.So then I submit and they say that my zip code fails verification to my credit card. What is up with that? I mean, I get my credit card statements at my house, I have lived there for 2 years. So I call their 800 number, TO GIVE THEM MONEY, and they automatedly say "We can't help you with technical issues" Press 1 to arrange payment, press 2 for other issues. So, feeling more and more that they really don't want my business anymore, I press 1 anyway. On hold, on hold, on hold.....Finally, it hits me - MFL has greatly improved this year and I am going to make the executive decision to move all my leagues over to MFL.I am tired of the errors and lack of support at CBS, even if they have great player reports.

STSM2005

I can't seem to get this code to work. It keeps telling that I can only use one promotional code per purchase. Anyone else having this problem? I tried it on two different leagues. :cry:

STSM2005

I can't seem to get this code to work. It keeps telling that I can only use one promotional code per purchase. Anyone else having this problem? I tried it on two different leagues. :cry:
it worked for me yesterday - thanks to the original poster.

Why doesn't Fanball get any love?? I have used it for the last 2 years, and very few problems. They had some server issues last year, but like someone else said earlier, can you name a site that hasn't??? Why is evryone so goo-goo over MFL?? I used the free trial last year, and thought it looked very unprofessional. I know you shouldn't go by looks alone. I had some of my other owners use the trial, and none really liked it. I suppose it is all personal preference. I was juts wondering why all the hate for CBS, and all the love for MFL, and hardly anything for the other sites out there. Get out there and explore the other sites if you are not happy with what you have........just my opinion.

STSM2005

Ditto, worked for me in renewing 2 leagues today -- saved $27

STSM2005

Ditto, worked for me in renewing 2 leagues today -- saved $27
By signing up early, using this most excellent code and putting the payment on my money back credit card, I was able to get our league renewed on CBS for $115.00.Thanks very much! :thumbup:

This site is the best for info!

STSM2005

:boxing: So what your saying is your too cheap of a commissioner to provide your owners with a top notch league.I have been in Fantasy Football when WWW stood for WWWe’ll be right back folks.

CBS was the pioneer in fantasy products. Originally there was no Fantasy manager, it was a pay salary cap league and they put you in a pool with other owners. After a couple of years they started the League Manager for $99.00 per season. To boost exposure they offer it free one year and that’s the year it crashed hard. The next they gave it free for Basic only, Charged $99.00 and free upgrade to Full service for those that paid and had it crash.

The next year they added servers and started changing service and options based on what the previous owners had stated they wanted. They have followed this policy every year since. They still had problems on Draft night with hang-ups and crashed. They finally fixed that by both adding more servers and scheduled start times, instead of random start times.

I personally have never had a problem getting a hold of customer service and any problems have followed with money off the next season.

CBS was approached by the NFL to host their FF service after the NFL’s initial offering failed.

I have researched every FF sight since they started popping up in the Mid-nineties and I can tell NO ONE come close to overall usability. My owners who are in multi-leagues report back and tell me they would rather put an EXTRA 5 bucks every year and use

CBS. Considering it’s only once a year I think the price difference is worth it.

CBS is also the number one licensed FF software to other sports sites. I think these companies might have done some research.

So keep calling other people stupid cause your to cheap to pony up for a class site.

:football:

Nope, that is exactly what I think.

I actually think MFL is better than sliced bread :lol:
draft engine and waiver system are clunky. Navigation is a pain in the ####. Those are my opinions of MFL. Ever draft at Xpertsports?
I have found RTsports to be very goodwww.rtsports.com

STSM2005

a big THANK YOU, to the ONE guy that answered the original post!while my dynasty leagues are hosted @MFL, it was nice for someone to post a code, as my keeper league insists on staying w/CBS...the $116.95 was alittle easier to swallow, so thanx for the info :thumbup:
This was the final price for returning leagues at cbs this year, with the 10% off coupon code, right?I seem to have misplaced what I paid for my league this year.

:bag:

sportsline rocks for our league. No one wants me to change it and everyone thinks the extra couple bucks (12 teams) more then makes it worth it. $10 a person isn't much at all.

I've played on fanball and ESPN last year as well. They're okay, actually ESPNs service was terrible. Im sure ESPN will bounce back hard this year, they've got the money to do so and they know they can't come with the same weak product they had last year.
Not so fast, I thought the same thing going into last year after ESPN's first year. We stuck with it for year 2 and it was a second disaster. Our live draft was cancelled and we had to go auto because their backend was so overwhelmed.We're definitely switching and I'll be lucky to keep the league together this year.

Getting ready to renew... Anybody got anything for this year?
FYI....renew for $129.95 by June 26, so no hurry herewith a promotional code like last year, we'll renew for $116.95

Usually the codes come out w/the FF rags, so look for promotional codes update around mid May-June 1

STSM2005

:boxing: So what your saying is your too cheap of a commissioner to provide your owners with a top notch league.I have been in Fantasy Football when WWW stood for WWWe’ll be right back folks.

CBS was the pioneer in fantasy products. Originally there was no Fantasy manager, it was a pay salary cap league and they put you in a pool with other owners. After a couple of years they started the League Manager for $99.00 per season. To boost exposure they offer it free one year and that’s the year it crashed hard. The next they gave it free for Basic only, Charged $99.00 and free upgrade to Full service for those that paid and had it crash.

The next year they added servers and started changing service and options based on what the previous owners had stated they wanted. They have followed this policy every year since. They still had problems on Draft night with hang-ups and crashed. They finally fixed that by both adding more servers and scheduled start times, instead of random start times.

I personally have never had a problem getting a hold of customer service and any problems have followed with money off the next season.

CBS was approached by the NFL to host their FF service after the NFL’s initial offering failed.

I have researched every FF sight since they started popping up in the Mid-nineties and I can tell NO ONE come close to overall usability. My owners who are in multi-leagues report back and tell me they would rather put an EXTRA 5 bucks every year and use

CBS. Considering it’s only once a year I think the price difference is worth it.

CBS is also the number one licensed FF software to other sports sites. I think these companies might have done some research.

So keep calling other people stupid cause your to cheap to pony up for a class site.

:football:
cbs is the best.online customer service is bad, thats why you have to use a phone to call them.

i sent out an email to cbs once... waited a week and nothing... got out the phone and boom in less then 5 minutes fixed.

cbs has the best features, you can write articles, post pics, keeps tracks of team stats for every year,video highlights and way too much to list.

if you are playing in a serious league for serious money then you have to give cbs a shot.

if you are playing for nickles & dimes then yeah i think yahoo runs a free site.

Who gives a f*** who the best is. READ THE DAMN THREAD TOPIC. People are looking for promotional codes, not an opinion on which site to use.

Users who are viewing this thread