What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBS sportsline (1 Viewer)

Brides Maids

Footballguy
Is anyone else having trouble with their league at CBS Sportsline? Our lineups have reset themselves back to the default settings 3 times already!

If you haven't checked your lineups recently and have a site on CBS I'd check. I just hope this isn't going to be a reoccurring situation.

CONGRATS...your the first of a few hundred complaints that will be posted on FBG's about CBS this season!..Told all in other topic's about this..goes back years here the CBS complaints.

CONGRATS...your the first of a few hundred complaints that will be posted on FBG's about CBS this season!..Told all in other topic's about this..goes back years here the CBS complaints.
Yeah I've seen the other posts in previous years but i've been on CBS for 3 years now and previously I've seen no problems myself. Have you seen this specific problem in the past?I did switch leagues this year and perhaps the new leagues more complicated rules and setup are causing. It is also the initial year for this dynasty league so maybe the commish still has bugs in the system to work out.Just worried that I'll go to the site at 12:15 on Sun and see a blank lineup.

Yeah I've seen the other posts in previous years but i've been on CBS for 3 years now and previously I've seen no problems myself. Have you seen this specific problem in the past?I did switch leagues this year and perhaps the new leagues more complicated rules and setup are causing. It is also the initial year for this dynasty league so maybe the commish still has bugs in the system to work out.Just worried that I'll go to the site at 12:15 on Sun and see a blank lineup.
A legitamate concern on that POS site - but what do you want anyone around here to do about it?Call Sportsline Tech Support or go post on their forum

A legitamate concern on that POS site - but what do you want anyone around here to do about it?Call Sportsline Tech Support or go post on their forum
Ahhhh..... don't think I asked you to do anything about it just wondering if anyone was experiencing the same issue, but thanks for your input!!

Lahey, I work tech support for SportsLine and I've been patrolling message boards for people reporting issues. Your commissioner keeps going into the initial roster setup area. Tell him to stop doing that and they will stop resetting. There is a big warning when you go in there that this will happen. If he needs to manipulate rosters, he can do so through Add/Drop or Editing Service Time.

Lahey, I work tech support for SportsLine and I've been patrolling message boards for people reporting issues. Your commissioner keeps going into the initial roster setup area. Tell him to stop doing that and they will stop resetting. There is a big warning when you go in there that this will happen. If he needs to manipulate rosters, he can do so through Add/Drop or Editing Service Time.
Ralphus,Thanks for this input. I will communicate this with him. Has he(our commish) asked tech support there for help with this issue? Because our league doesn't add and drop players normally because of the salary cap and contract length issues the commish goes in and makes all of the changes to lineups, like you suggested he must be inputting them incorrectly. I'll email him and let him know.Thanks again!

So you magiclly pulled up his league out of the 1000s on your site using his FBG user name and was able to query his league database history to make this call? or are you just full of crap like the software made at sportsline.com?

So you magiclly pulled up his league out of the 1000s on your site using his FBG user name and was able to query his league database history to make this call? or are you just full of crap like the software made at sportsline.com?
#1 - he probably can tell the problem by hearing the symptom.#2 - why be such a tool?You obviously are not a CBS subscriber so why are you even trolling this thread?

Anyone know what they changed for Injuried Players? We use to have it set to 16 players + 1 injuried player. Now we can't set the player to injured if he is injured. (IE a little plus sign) Anyone know how to fix this? CBS has not responded back to our emails...

#1 - he probably can tell the problem by hearing the symptom.#2 - why be such a tool?You obviously are not a CBS subscriber so why are you even trolling this thread?
My sentiment exactly!! Great posting !!

Anyone know what they changed for Injuried Players? We use to have it set to 16 players + 1 injuried player. Now we can't set the player to injured if he is injured. (IE a little plus sign) Anyone know how to fix this? CBS has not responded back to our emails...
Commish has a checkbox under the Roster Limits tab: "Only allow players that are on the NFL Injured Reserve list to be placed into Injured status"Perhaps that is checked?

I would PM Ralphus he says he is a tech support with CBSSports line. Whether he is or not has not been determined but he at least has an idea about how to fix different issues.

Even apart from the not being excellent to one another part...From everything I read on here about Sportsline, support is an area of frequent complaint. So here we have an actual instance of them helping someone in a timely manner and you jump on their #### for doing so?Thumbs up to Ralphus for jumping in to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ralphus,Thanks for this input. I will communicate this with him. Has he(our commish) asked tech support there for help with this issue? Because our league doesn't add and drop players normally because of the salary cap and contract length issues the commish goes in and makes all of the changes to lineups, like you suggested he must be inputting them incorrectly. I'll email him and let him know.Thanks again!
This is likely the issue. I think he should be able to do a Commish Add/drop, instead of manipulating rosters. Let him know this going forward.B

We haven't had any problems in the four years we've used CBS. The 50% discount we got this year because of all the reported problems last year was just a bonus. Maybe we're just lucky, but I do wonder how many of these problems are due to the user(s).

This is likely the issue. I think he should be able to do a Commish Add/drop, instead of manipulating rosters. Let him know this going forward.B
This is what the issue was. Thanks to Ralphus our commish is now aware of the mistake he was making and has corrected the issue.

Hey Guys,

Sorry I didn't get back here again yesterday....kind of a busy day with the start of the season and all. Yes, I do actually work tech support. I know our team gets a bad rap. We do try our best. If you do need something try and reach me on here and I'll try to get you some help. I am going to go back through these posts and see if I can help.

I would PM Ralphus he says he is a tech support with CBSSports line. Whether he is or not has not been determined but he at least has an idea about how to fix different issues.
As far as Injured Players go, we added an option (mostly for keeper leagues) that the commish can choose that only players on the actual NFL IR list can be placed on injured status. Chances are your commish used this option, rather than just let anyone be placed into injured status. Who is the player in question?

No complaints here on CBS's site, its been golden for the last five years! Keep up the good work Ralphus!!! :thumbup:

We haven't had any problems in the four years we've used CBS. The 50% discount we got this year because of all the reported problems last year was just a bonus. Maybe we're just lucky, but I do wonder how many of these problems are due to the user(s).
:( This has been my experience too.

Hey Guys, Sorry I didn't get back here again yesterday....kind of a busy day with the start of the season and all. Yes, I do actually work tech support. I know our team gets a bad rap. We do try our best. If you do need something try and reach me on here and I'll try to get you some help. I am going to go back through these posts and see if I can help.
:goodposting:Been with CBS/Sportsline for 4 years and have never had a problem. Thanks for being here though, we appreciate it!P.S. Every website has had problems this year and/or last year. No one's perfect, so let's stop the bashing as soon as someone reports a problem with Site X.

Ralphus said:
Hey Guys, Sorry I didn't get back here again yesterday....kind of a busy day with the start of the season and all. Yes, I do actually work tech support. I know our team gets a bad rap. We do try our best. If you do need something try and reach me on here and I'll try to get you some help. I am going to go back through these posts and see if I can help.
Ralphus - pleased to meet you! Our league has been with CBS for many years and for the most part we have not experienced an major problems. However this morning I woke up to see that our GameCenter page was not correctly adding the leagues scores, but the "At a Glance" feature was correct.One example: D.McAllister had 38 rushing yards last night. That equals 3 points in our scoring system. "At a Glance" says 3 points, however the GameCenter page says 1 point. What gives?Thanks in advance.

videoguy505 said:
Ralphus said:
:thumbup:Been with CBS/Sportsline for 4 years and have never had a problem. Thanks for being here though, we appreciate it!P.S. Every website has had problems this year and/or last year. No one's perfect, so let's stop the bashing as soon as someone reports a problem with Site X.
If all of our owners are locked out of another site Fri-Sun let me know. Otherwise, the bashing is more than valid.

Oh, and by the way, it won't work worth crap on Sunday. You'll get an apology on the site on Monday or Tuesday stating that their servers went down due to unexpected high traffic (duh...it's the first Sunday of the season).We moved to EASports 2 years ago and love it.

Oh, and by the way, it won't work worth crap on Sunday. You'll get an apology on the site on Monday or Tuesday stating that their servers went down due to unexpected high traffic (duh...it's the first Sunday of the season).We moved to EASports 2 years ago and love it.
Good stuff here. Let's talk more about it in the EASports site thread. :popcorn:

Ralphus said:
Ralphus - pleased to meet you! Our league has been with CBS for many years and for the most part we have not experienced an major problems. However this morning I woke up to see that our GameCenter page was not correctly adding the leagues scores, but the "At a Glance" feature was correct.One example: D.McAllister had 38 rushing yards last night. That equals 3 points in our scoring system. "At a Glance" says 3 points, however the GameCenter page says 1 point. What gives?Thanks in advance.
Glad I was able to help your league...if you have anymore problems, let me know....I'll be glad to help.To all of the CBS haters, that's cool...we had a bad year last year and we admitted and paid for it...and I don't really blame you for hating on us. But we've taken some really good steps and I think we'll be having an awesome season. Like an earlier posted said, all sites are going to have problems at some point. It is not an easy thing that we do. And I am just trying to do my part to help our Karma. I wish all of you a great football season on whatever site you choose.

No problems with my CBS league, but what was with NFL.com last night???

Going into the 3rd quarter, it had the game listed as 1-0 Indy!!?!?!?!?!

I really hope that they get ready for the heavy traffic about to hit their servers on Sunday. Don't these sites realize that most everyone with a computer will be hitting their site this week???

I'm not in a CBS league and never will be..but as for the bashing..I see it as a way for those on CBS and posting here with complaints every year as a way to stop those complaints...there is nothing we can do here to help..call CBS support.

I'm not in a CBS league and never will be..but as for the bashing..I see it as a way for those on CBS and posting here with complaints every year as a way to stop those complaints...there is nothing we can do here to help..call CBS support.
Have you not read where Ralphus is here, helping? :ptts:

Ralphus since your a member here and also work for CBS sportsline Tech.support..why don't you leave your tech support email addy here...then all those with CBS problems can email you instead of asking here where most can't help them.

We all can point to this post then... if they need your email addy!

The 50% discount offered at sportsline's expense was passed on to new leagues, as it is now $150 for a year.

Even apart from the not being excellent to one another part...From everything I read on here about Sportsline, support is an area of frequent complaint. So here we have an actual instance of them helping someone in a timely manner and you jump on their #### for doing so?Thumbs up to Ralphus for jumping in to help.
;)

Wait a sec. There was nothing wrong with the CBS site. The commish couldn't read and ####ed up his league again and again. Why blame CBS for a dumb commish?

I've been on CBS for 5 or 6 years. I've never have any of the problems I read about. I get access on Sundays. My GameCenter works. My rosters don't mysteriously reset.... I think 95% of the #####ing toward CBS is user error. Can't help dumb people when they can't even read BOLD RED PRINT. :thumbup:

That said, where is the chat room this year?!?!

Have you not read where Ralphus is here, helping? :thumbup:
He gets paid to do that on his job...no need to do it here also!
And your contribution to this thread is what?

Most complaints I hear about Sportsline have nothing to do with the site and how it is run, it is almost always that people cannot even get on the site. That is not user error. I like Sportsline, and will defend it most of the time, but let's not have a telethon for them. They screwed up quite a bit last year.

This is what a lot of members are trying to say here..its not bashing CBS..if it's a CBS league problem some can help here..but this topic states CBS site problem..that shouldn't even be posted in the shark pool forum!

The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion.

Pittsburgh United said:
:thumbup: This has been my experience too.
Mine too. We did have one problem last year that happened on a Sunday during the games, but it wasn't any big deal, and it was fixed pretty quickly. This will be my seventh year on cbs, and it's been a good experience.

Ralphus, I'm in 2 CBS leagues and one of them had live scoring last night and the other still does not load page. All I get is this when I click on my game with my opponent, without the ---- of course:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Week: 1

Adjust Scoring · Break Ties · Set Playoff Matchups

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for any help. I'll give you our league name, it's "The Horror". TIA.

I would like someone to post a link to a website that never had issues.

Next post a link to a website that never had issues that handles the traffic CBS does.

Users who are viewing this thread