What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chad Jackson signs in Denver (1 Viewer)

treat88

Footballguy
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/22/...k-chad-jackson/

First a qualifier, I'm a dynasty league Jackson owner (stuck with him for the next 4 seasons) so I am certainly looking for any glimmer of hope that I can find.

That said, Denver seems like as ideal a landing place for him as any he could have found. Possible kick return role right off the bat given Hall's fumblitis and D Jax/Glenn Martinez to beat out for #4 WR duties. With Stokely's concussion problems seems like he might stick and potentially even work his way into a weekly role on the offense, particularly if the Denver ship continues to sink. Maybe Shanny will give him an extended game time tryout to see exactly what he's got.

Does the SP think I'm being unrealistic to think the talent may still surface?

I would not hold my breath. I am very concerned when several teams needing WR help brought him in for a look and did not sign him. Seattle did not even want him with all their WR hurt. That is a pretty bad sign to me.

Great move for my Broncos! :wall:

Hey Braniacs, The defense sucks! Champ is out 4-6 weeks, Boss is out for the season. How about signing some defensive players! :endofrant:

i can't imagine chad getting much, barring injury, of an opportunity to play. marshall and royal look firmly entrenched as starters. scheffler gets some attention too. so that leaves stokely, who i suspect will retire because of concerns over the concussions, and his role o the team. it's awfully crowded for that coveted #3 spot. DJax might not be a sexy pick anymore but he could be effective in that limited role. he has proven more and has still somehow manages to have more upside than the unproven chad jackson.

stick a fork in chad because his career is done.

Waterboy must have gotten a bad grade on his report card, which means he's on restriction. Hey, Chad get me a Gatorade...the orange one not the green one. :goodposting:

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_107...=commented-news

The Broncos have an agreement in principle to sign receiver Chad Jackson. He should sign on Monday.
Seems strange that they would agree on Wednesday, but not sign until the following Monday?
Bye week and possibly they would have to pay him a check for that week.
Ah...That makes sense - I didn't even consider that it was the Broncos' bye week...

In my zealots league they are already showing Jackson as being on Denver. Did he sign or not? If he did I think I need to either activate him or cut the turd. If not I can wait a week on this tough decision. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread