What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (5 Viewers)

Ok, one CB addressed.   Paired with Porter and at least a couple of draft picks, not the end of the world.   Not great, but maybe a couple of steps away from falling off the cliff.

What about WR's?  Are Kendall Wright, K. Aiken, or Terrance Willimams options worth considering?  They're not going to save the passing game alone but they are better than Rueben Randle, Josh Bellamy, and Daniel Braverman....

Average corner. Anything is an upgrade over what we have. But Prince was far down the list in guys available and will probably be gone after next year as well

Ok, one CB addressed.   Paired with Porter and at least a couple of draft picks, not the end of the world.   Not great, but maybe a couple of steps away from falling off the cliff.

What about WR's?  Are Kendall Wright, K. Aiken, or Terrance Willimams options worth considering?  They're not going to save the passing game alone but they are better than Rueben Randle, Josh Bellamy, and Daniel Braverman....
No. Not worth considering. Wright always hurt. Aiken below average. Williams no better than a #3 or 4.  

No way to say they're better than Braverman. He wasn't given a shot last year by our garbage coaching staff when it was obvious he should've been. Complete garbage at wr last year and they wouldn't even give a rookie a shot. Pathetic. 

Average corner. Anything is an upgrade over what we have. But Prince was far down the list in guys available and will probably be gone after next year as well
I'm not being critical to you but I'm honestly asking out of curiousity. :    do you ever stop bi###### ? 

#Bears wanted A.J. Bouye for 6 years. #Jags got him for 5 years, $13.5 million per & $26 million guaranteed per my guy @mikecwright.

No. 4 is returning. The #Bears have re-signed K Connor Barth to a 1-year deal, per @bradbiggs. 18-of-23 on FG's a season ago. OMG CHAMPIONSHIP!!! 

Washington inks WR Terrelle Pryor to a 3-year, $65 million deal per @AdamSchefter. Cross him off your #Bears wish list.

That'll pretty much do it for all of the top guys. Bears now have garbage at wr, TE  and tackles. More years of not supporting any qb you bring in.  The team has gotten much worse over the last 2 years and the record reflects that. Even worse going into 2017 than previous 5 years. But Pace has a plan. Sure... 

Farewell sweet prince #6, you will be missed. We can only hope to see you again someday soon, roaming the visitors sideline at Lambeau and giving us all such great joy and entertainment. #endofanera

Washington inks WR Terrelle Pryor to a 3-year, $65 million deal per @AdamSchefter. Cross him off your #Bears wish list.

That'll pretty much do it for all of the top guys. Bears now have garbage at wr, TE  and tackles. More years of not supporting any qb you bring in.  The team has gotten much worse over the last 2 years and the record reflects that. Even worse going into 2017 than previous 5 years. But Pace has a plan. Sure... 
Jesus, Terrelle has hit the lottery...Who would have thought he is a 20 million dollar a year WR

WTF!!!  3-year $65M???? are you serious?  that can't be right, can it?  that's insane and wouldn't that make him the highest paid WR by a mile??

WTF!!!  3-year $65M???? are you serious?  that can't be right, can it?  that's insane and wouldn't that make him the highest paid WR by a mile??
I apologize for the Pryor tweet. Heard the scoop on a ESPN radio station. They said it came from the company's news wire. Clearly not real.

Corrected 

I apologize for the Pryor tweet. Heard the scoop on a ESPN radio station. They said it came from the company's news wire. Clearly not real.

Corrected 
OK, yeah, I was about to come back and question that as I'm on the schefter twitter page and nothing about Pryor.  FAKE NEWS!!!!!!  Sounds like he's still on the market, and I still wouldn't mind seeing him on the Bears, may not work, but at least a guy with potential upside.  Not for 21M/year though :).

OK, yeah, I was about to come back and question that as I'm on the schefter twitter page and nothing about Pryor.  FAKE NEWS!!!!!!  Sounds like he's still on the market, and I still wouldn't mind seeing him on the Bears, may not work, but at least a guy with potential upside.  Not for 21M/year though :).
Yeah, right 

Quote Ryan Pace "Mike Glennon is our starting Quarterback".  I knew it was true, but man, just hearing it makes me throw up in my mouth a bit...

Edit to correct name, I'm an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan Pace admits that signing Mike Glennon may change what round #Bears draft QB, but drafting QB still very much an option.

Ugh

Bears haven't drafted a qb in first 4 rounds since 2003.
Biggest black mark of a TON of black marks on this franchise. Completely unacceptable. You've got the Pats drafting early qbs when they have the best of all time. We have #### and we don't draft any. 

The actual Pryor deal to add insult to injury. 

Washington giving WR Terrelle Pryor a one-year, $8 million deal, per sources.

Ryan Pace admits that signing Mike Glennon may change what round #Bears draft QB, but drafting QB still very much an option.
as it should be. now it makes it possible for a QB to drop later in R1 and the Bears can make a play. most observers feel that none of the top rated QBs this year are worthy of a R1 grade. they can hope for one of them to fall or just wait until R2-4 to identify the project QB to consider.

#Vikings WR/returner Cordarrelle Patterson, who just visited the #Redskins, is off to visit with the #Raiders, source said.

Another likely gone 

as it should be. now it makes it possible for a QB to drop later in R1 and the Bears can make a play. most observers feel that none of the top rated QBs this year are worthy of a R1 grade. they can hope for one of them to fall or just wait until R2-4 to identify the project QB to consider.
Is this serious? Wait until after the first for a project? 

More wonderful Pace doings. 

Alshon Jeffery's deal with #Eagles is 1 year, $9.5 million with another $4.5M available in a variety of individual and team incentives.

I had a feeling there were going to snag Amukamara and they did. I like the signing but it really depends on his injuries. I'm really not sure about Markus Wheaton... he is still young but he's just a depth guy at this point. It is nice that we have Cam Meredith but Kevin White really needs to not be a bust.

I could see Bears getting CB Marshon Lattimore at #3 and then focusing on a QB pick / tackle / safety / another CB.

edit: or WR instead of a safety

Couple of questions for the Bears fans.

1 - is there anything the Bears can do now (or next month) to make you feel better about the teams direction?

2 - is there anything you can do in the next month (or decade) that will make the team better?

3 - is there any reason to complain over and over again about the same thing?

Darius Butler (IND) unlikely to resign, will begin visits this weekend.  Anything to see here as depth, possible starter?   

30 years old, but decent (not spectacular) stats on a poor Indy defense last year.

Couple of questions for the Bears fans.

1 - is there anything the Bears can do now (or next month) to make you feel better about the teams direction?

2 - is there anything you can do in the next month (or decade) that will make the team better?

3 - is there any reason to complain over and over again about the same thing?
1) Honestly not ####### much in my opinion.  We had some drastic holes at WR, S, and CB, there were players who could have really solidified or at least put some big upside at those positions, like they did with ILB last season, they identified a major hole on the team and grabbed one of the best FA's to start filling that, and then got a great value player later in FA to finish it off.  This year all they did was bring in some vets at the end of their careers and back-ups.  I don't think anyone really believes the WR or S they have signed so far gives us anything more then a short term patch or backup.  I will say I'm ok with the Prince signing, but it's definitely more of the value player rather then a top tier player.

2) Sure, there are still some things they can do to make it a little better, there are probably some more value players at our need positions, and some top tier players at positions where we already have starters but can always use depth, like NT.  Then hopefully they can continue what looks to be a pattern of above average drafting.

3) They keep ####### up, and I'm sure we'll keep complaining.  I don't usually see myself as one of the more complaining fans on here, but after hearing them talk about how they have the resources to make this team better this offseason, then they do very little to open up FA this year, unlike the last two years, man, I think you gotta be pissed and want to say something.   Do you really look at the last two days and feel to yourself that "wow, this is a good start to the year???".  Man I sure can't.  We had holes and we had money, and I don't see any move that they made over the last two days that makes us that much "better" as a team in the long term.  Do you?  On most top 100 FA lists we weren't able to get anyone in the top 30 this year.  I really don't know why, didn't want to play for the bears, we weren't offering as much, something else?  I don't know, but we targeted good players and couldn't sign any of them, I don't see how you can turn that into a positive.

Ok, Jared Cook and Mycah Rivera are both available pass catching TE's that are available.   I get that CHI likes Miller, but maybe go the way of the Pats and have 2 TE's that force the issue with defenses and free up the run game and other receivers?

Ok, Jared Cook and Mycah Rivera are both available pass catching TE's that are available.   I get that CHI likes Miller, but maybe go the way of the Pats and have 2 TE's that force the issue with defenses and free up the run game and other receivers?
they're both quality players that would be good additions. miller was productive but he's also an injury risk.

Is this serious? Wait until after the first for a project? 
why overpay for the position in the draft? don't burn 1.3 on a QB when none are worth a R1 grade but especially so when you have your designated starter in house. Look at R3-5 for a potential starter. 

Users who are viewing this thread