What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chiefs vs Browns - Week 9 (1 Viewer)

I will admit I was dead wrong about Hunt.  I didn’t think he could repeat anything close to last year scoring and he and that offense is just so good. 

Stupid stupid stupid me took DJ ahead of he and Kamara.

What happened on that play where Mayfield was stripped of the ball I went to the restroom and the Browns still have the ball.  :shrug:

There’s a penalty I’ve never seen.  Intentional grounding for spiking the ball while the clock was not running.  Huh.  Makes sense I guess.

I just read the NFL rule in intentional grounding. There is nothing at all that references this situation. This will be an interesting explanation.

There’s a penalty I’ve never seen.  Intentional grounding for spiking the ball while the clock was not running.  Huh.  Makes sense I guess.
And how can you have a ten second run off on a penalty where the clock wasn't running?
Also, how can you penalize a team when the referee signaled "ready for play" and the play clock had already started? How was Mahomes supposed to know that the timekeeper hadn't started the game clock yet?

Dead ball foul inside 2 minutes
False starts inside of two minutes with a stopped clock don't get run offs.
:goodposting:

From the rulebook (Section 7, "Actions  To Conserve Time"):

ARTICLE 1. ILLEGAL ACTS. A team is not permitted to conserve time after the two-minute warning of either half by committing any of these acts:

(a) a foul by either team that prevents the snap (i.e., false start, encroachment, etc.);

(b) intentional grounding;

(c) an illegal forward pass thrown from beyond the line of scrimmage;

(d) throwing a backward pass out of bounds;

(e) spiking or throwing the ball in the field of play after a down has ended, except after a touchdown; or

(f) any other intentional foul that causes the clock to stop.

Penalty: For Illegally Conserving Time: Loss of five yards unless a larger distance penalty is applicable.

When actions referred to above are committed by the offensive team
while time is in, officials will run off 10 seconds from the game clock before permitting the ball to be put in play on the ready-for-play signal. The game clock will start on the ready-for-play signal unless another rule prescribes otherwise. If the offensive team has timeouts remaining, it will have the option of using a timeout in lieu of the 10-second runoff.

Also, how can you penalize a team when the referee signaled "ready for play" and the play clock had already started? How was Mahomes supposed to know that the timekeeper hadn't started the game clock yet?
That was a head scratcher. Maybe perreria will address on Twitter

evaluated for concussion.  

i didn’t see the hit to the head. 

first play back in passes for a TD. 

I fell for playing Njoku again this week. Last week played him the 1st time this year. 0 points. Today .... 2 catches...

Users who are viewing this thread